Private message

Appalling!!! It is absolutely a total con!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Do not use this site!!!!!!
3 days to decide if this site is worthwhile is pathetic, as is the site, it is absolute rubbish.
Forget about a partial refund, the customer service is arrogant, demeaning and not worthy of the energy expended in pressing your fingers on the keyboard.
I am embarrassed I wasted so much money on this farcical site!
Negative 10 stars is my review!!!

• 2 helpful votes

A total con

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

seemed like a genuine helpful site.However when you sign up you are only given a few days to decide whether it is a worthwhile site.And ask for a refund .The only thing they are good at is collecting money .The service is appalling.

Verified Purchase

Elite Singles Misrepresentation

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

They are misrepresenting their offer.
They show their membership prices in monthly amounts.
When I signed up for 6 months they immediately charged my card for the full 6 months.
This is a con.
I emailed and asked for a refund but was refused as I was outside their 3 day cooling off period. All in the fine print of course.
I have made enquiries today about how their Australian website can be shut down. It is able to be done and this company needs to be shut down.

Brisbane

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Scam - how to tell a scam a mile away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

These guys require payment upfront using a credit card for a minimum 3 months all paid in advance and auto renewing in perpetuity after that. You dont ever see a picture unless youve paid a minimum $445, gone, whoosh, sayonara!!
Many of the so-called elites dont exist, interestingly one clearly extremely frustrated customer has changed their profile claimed to be a circus clown in Germany - and remember that I wanted to meet people within 25km of Brisbane, Australia! So dont waste your money and READ the other reviews on this site BEFORE giving them your credit card details - or live to regret it.

melbourne

• 3 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

How did this scum get my email address as I did not sing up for this crap? what happened to privacy?????

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Site hard to access and no matches take money and even when cancelled sent to collection agency with

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Dissatisfied with the service do not do what they contracted to do we fork out money the site is not worth the money or time better service with RSVP simple affordable and give you what they commit to better than this scamming company shame shame shame on you never get caught they will take your money and with a smile on their faces rip off

• 3 helpful votes

Elite Singles Australia.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Very few people are members in Adelaide. Total waste of time and money. RSVP much better. Don't waste your money on Elite.

narellan vale

• 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

this is the biggest scam ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

this site is shocking no real matches ..... no reply's ...so called matches live miles away it goes on and on.... just make sure you have ticked not to renew or they will renew . i have ticked the box but told them i will not renew .. keep all the emails in case you have to fight them . they are based in germany so what can you do .....Do not sign up on this dating site . FREE ones are OASIS .....and Plenty of fish .....both 100% free.

• 1 answer
Private message

Total scam - worst dating site ever, don't waste your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

I am appalled by my experience with this website and have become convinced that 'Elite Singles' have created hundreds of bogus profiles to make it look like they have members. It's the only explanation that makes any sense. It's just a dead site?! Nobody's ever online, no smiles/messages/requests for photos EVER returned. Very few new members ever join. Very few upload photos or much info at all. I ask the question - who would spend this extortionate amount of money on a dating site and then never upload photos of themselves? Or ever seem to be online? I'm certain it's a scam, and their 'automatic renewal' policy and the extremely difficult cancellation of membership seems a breach of all legal terms. I literally had to search for ages to work out how to cancel my auto renewal. Someone on this thread mentioned class action - I'd be in! In the meantime I'm reporting them to the watchdog authorities - something fishy is going on here.

• 1 answer

Scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

Hungry scammers who promise the world and deliver nothing. Immoral, unethical and they pay no attention to search criteria. Don't wate your money

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

No access and then no further access!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

I've had the same issues today, server forbids access. I have just joined and I can't see pictures or emails from any contacts, which I quickly figured out you must pay for these. I'm starting to think that this a waste of time....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Shocking site

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

I was so stupid joining this site! Over $50 a month for what?! There are just not enough members. The quality of phone app is terrible as well. Rip off. I will send a complaint to ACCC.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

3 of 16 pages

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

I paid and I cannot get my money back as I am told the cooling period is only 3 day What do I do now?

Anne asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Anne,
Well hopefully you didn't pay for more that one month. You can stay on the site to use up your subscription and then make sure you cancel it before it automatically renews itself. Which it will! Or just write off what you've paid and cancel now. If you think they aren't providing you with what you paid for, eg, technical faults, no emails...you can let them know. There's always Consumer Affairs. I hope this helps

See all 11 questions about Elite Singles