seymour

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

Even if you cancel this site they still want you to pay

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2016

I have been on other sites and cancelled there was no problem. This site refuses to acknowledge that you have cancelled and want their money any way or they will send the debt collectors after you.

February 2 2017 Update: Again i have been threatened by this site for not paying a supposite exit fee

Elite singles have threatened me again with the same thing as last time Not paying a exit fee that does not exist

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

A scam! Misleading & deceptive!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

This site is a scam. The matches they send you are hardly elite and all lived miles away from me. The terms and conditions are unfair and they make it almost impossible to cancel your membership. I eventually managed to cancel my membership. My credit card was then stolen so I cancelled it. When they couldn't withdraw the next lot of money they sent me aggressive emails threatening me with passing the debt on to a collection agency. Today I received a letter of demand from an Australian debt collection agency. I will be fighting it and reporting this company to the regulator for misleading and deceptive conduct and unfair consumer contract terms and conditions. Do not sign up, they prey on the vulnerable!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 12 helpful votes

Auto renewal is annoying

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

You don't pay attention and your card is charged second time!! They will make it hard for you, to discover how to opt out of the auto-renewal.
BE PREPARED to pay twice.

Absolute Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

This site is absolute rubbish. A second lot of money was taken out of my account automatically. A courtesy email would have been nice so I could cancel it. I do not recommend this site to anyone. I lost interest in looking at the matches after one week! Don't waste your time and money.

Verified Purchase

The WORST Dating Site for SOOOOO Many Reasons

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2016

I'm so upset about this dating site.
They do not allow YOU to search by your own criteria. They only send you what they think are "your" matches which include people from other provinces!!! There options must be so limited.
When they sent me a survey and I didn't respond favorably they cut my log in. You cannot get a new password and you cannot contact them except through snail mail.

Carlingford

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Not perfect but worked for me

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

This was in March 2015. Sign up process was ok. I met a few people. Found someone fantastic on the website after about 4 months.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 2 answers

Read the fine print!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2016

I really don't know why everyone is so up in arms about the process. It clearly says per month on the rate when you sign up and if you read the terms and conditions it also clearly states the cooling off period terms as well. Agreed, an odd site and not particularly informative. Possible not legit, who knows but when I requested a refund they were extremely prompt. It was granted within hours! In this day and age of really bad online purchasing and service, I consider this fantastic customer service.

VERMONT

Private message

after using for 6 months. it took my money again automaticly!!!! terrible!!! hate it.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

after using for 6 months. it took my money again automatically!!!! terrible!!! hate it. I will raise it with paypal.

Don't bother

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

Sign up was easy and they took my money easily enough too. Very disappointing and slow system. Would not recommend this sight to anyone living west of Stdney.

Melbourne

• 1 answer
Private message

Misleading- Do not waist your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2016

I thought to give this site a go after seeing their ads, but after 4 days I found the site so terrible to use that I wrote asking for a refund. In which case I discovered there was a 3 day cooling off period. If only I'd read the fine print. Then I noticed I was charged above and beyond what I thought I was signing up for. The layout of their pricing ads is designed to make you think you are paying one small fee for several months, but it's actually that fee X the number of months, charged in one hit, which is very misleading. I wrote to thei r customer care to ask for a refund, and after a four week battle I got 2/3 back. I had thought to take this case to Consumer Affairs, based on principal, but my time is worth much more than the money. Their advertising is very misleading in terms of candidates, and the functionality of the site is terribly clunky. Not to mention that most of the profiles are far from elite types. I should have know better than to sign up for this. I'd rather have spent the money on going out with friends. I wished I read the reviews before I started. It's only a matter of time before someone does take Elite Singles to consumer affairs to shut them down. I would rather be happily single then deal with a site like this ever again.

• 7 helpful votes

Rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2016

Don't do it! These guys are sharks. They don't match anything. It costs a lot for nothing. I'm battling to get my money back

Don’t bother.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2016

This site is complete rubbish. Extremely expensive and all the people on there are either complete snobs and never respond or the profiles are all fake. I’m tipping the later. Don’t bother.

5 of 16 pages

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

I paid and I cannot get my money back as I am told the cooling period is only 3 day What do I do now?

Anne asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Anne,
Well hopefully you didn't pay for more that one month. You can stay on the site to use up your subscription and then make sure you cancel it before it automatically renews itself. Which it will! Or just write off what you've paid and cancel now. If you think they aren't providing you with what you paid for, eg, technical faults, no emails...you can let them know. There's always Consumer Affairs. I hope this helps

See all 11 questions about Elite Singles