• 1 comment
  • 1 question

Ripped off!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2016

Elite singles have ripped me off. They deceived me with their advertised fee and then proceeded to take $599 out of my account without showing confirmation of this amount. I thought I was paying $49 and then discovered this huge amount had been taken. When I realized there was no way of contacting them. I am going to contact the police.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I have contacted the police and will be reporting this company to Scam Watch. If i don't get my money back with in the 5 days they suggest which I highly doubt I will be reporting them to ACORN.gov... read more »

Sydney CBD

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Fake, Regretted, Sad !!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2016

Me too, regretted that I didn't read the reviews before i join & paid.
First thing fake: the name of this site.... NOT Elite at all ! !
-yes, they sent me 6 to 10 profiles every day, but most of them doesn't have even a photo, nor much info about themselves.
-Those with photos or profile info, they don't match any of my setting, ie: education, location, professional level, income level...etc.
-i managed to filter a few ok profiles and exchanged messages with them, in the end I met up with 2 for a coffee and I found out they had lied about
their age, 10 years younger!!
- questions provided on this site to communicate with your 'matches' are so shallow...if I will ask or answer those questions makes me feel shallow and stupid like the site itself.

I know it' is a gone case for me too recover the membership fee, but most sadly was my time and hope for meet someone Elite is all wasted!

* Total rip off. DO NOT JOIN !!

E.
from Sydney CBD.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

Such a rip off!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

Incredibly misleading this site is. Hard to find contact details and they offer 70% but when you go to the payment option there is no 70%. Never use this site! If they are misleading with their prices then what else are they hiding!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2016

I did not agree to any auto renewal but they have taken the money out of my paypal account.
i am getting paypal to investigate it but I'm not liking my chances.
Used it for a week or so but nothing good on it.
Absolutely furious, and out of pocket for something i never agreed to!

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

This site is fake, a con.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

I am so disappointed with this site and so upset didn't read reviews. Impossible this is a real site. I subscribed 3 weeks ago for 6 months thinking the price was OK not cheap but gave it a go; results so far "Nothing" has happened, just 2 silly "smiles". I wonder how this site can take money from people the way this one is doing it. Yes they should be investigated but how?

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

A fraudulent website! should be reported as scam!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

There is a search button that is just misleading as there isn't a search engine inside this website!
They charge a lump sum of money and have no shame on calling themselves " Elite"!
I just singed up tonight and after answering to numerous questions and questionnaires, I realized that I have no access to anything without upgrading to a premium membership, as I did not wish to feel that I have waited my time I upgraded my membership and soon I found out that it was just a trap!
I am very disappointed and want to screen loud as there is nothing on this website that I could call "Elite"!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 helpful votes

Birthday 3 day free trial

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2016

I started a FREE profile on ES found you can't do ANYTHING until you pay $. So i forgot about it. Until my bday when I received a 3 day free premium trial. Great!! Log in and find CHRISTIAN nice looking interesting sounding guy has viewed my profile 1 day before my bday. I messaged he messaged back saying how nice of ES was to give me a trial. I'm thinking hmmm all too convenient. Apart from that virtually no matches and 1 message in the three days. I deleted my profile. Waste of time. DONT PAY THEM!!!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

Definately not Elite

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

I have tried other sites, and thought I'd try this one because "class" is very important to me. Not money, class. 2 very different things. I found less class on this site than on others. I don't know how they cull people for "eliteness", and I can imagine this would be difficult without discriminating....but the name suggests that this is what you would find here.....and it isn't. Quite the contrary is true. They also match you with people who don't even live in the same state. Very disappointing.

Perth

Conn for your money

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

Absolute rip off they took lump sum of money instead of monthly got no messages and really don't think the profiles are authentic.

Private message

This website company should be investigated

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2016

I too wish I had read the reviews before I signed up. I thought I was signing up for a $25 6 mths fee but when the final figure came though it was $149. This website scam is so bad and so blatant it should be investigated. Stay away.

• 3 comments
  • 5 questions
  • 4 answers
  • 11 helpful votes
Private message

Personal profile assesments nonsense Ticked worse answers, still came up as stable, average?!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2016

Too late suspected Elite a scam. Deleted my profile answers replacing with answers only a psycho could provide
I only spoke the most obscure language on the Elite list, No I did not think family/friendship was important, No I did not place any value on integrity, faithfullness etc etc. BEHOLD, personality assesment still came up as well balanced emotionally, morally etc.
With the profile answers I provided I should have been REFUSED
ELITE Singles are a scam.

Avoid at all cost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2016

This is the shadiest site ever. Based in Berlin, with no contact details, and they screw you over with their cancellation policy. Full of fake profiles and bots. I was stung with another three months membership because I didn't cancel 14 days before end period. Then they referred me to a collections agency. That's just garbage and predatory.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

6 of 16 pages

Like almost everyone, I did not check reviews before signing up for a premium 6 month membership. Luckily I decided to read the reviews almost immediately after (within hours) and emailed their customer support asking to cancel and get a refund stating the cooling off period. I also canceled the credit card I used. To anyone that was successful in this cooling off period loophole, did you have to "cancel" your membership via the cancellation page on the site in addition to sending an email? If so, please let me know as I only have 24 hours left to do so. Jeez, what a way to start the new year.

LCK asked on Jan 03, 2017

Answer this

No I didn't know about a cooling off period. It was at my 6 month end. But remove and cancel on the site, don't trust they will. ASAP. They continued after I deleted my profile. It's no better than any other site after my 6 months got nothing!

Hi Lck, I would cancel absolutely everything to do with Elite...they are nasty thieves! I hope you get out of it quickly and successfully! I didn't....absolute waste of time and money. Good luck!

Simply dispute the payment with your credit card provider. The cost will be refunded and Elite will not take any further action.

Has anybody cancelled this site and they refuse to recognize it and put the debt collectors on you?

johne asked on Nov 12, 2016

Answer this

Having the same issue with Elite myself Johne. Will keep you posted.

Have refused to pay this as the company in question is a scam If we all do this maybe they will get the hint and stop doing this john e

No, they are running a scam and simply rely on what they can get without effort.

I paid and I cannot get my money back as I am told the cooling period is only 3 day What do I do now?

Anne asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Anne,
Well hopefully you didn't pay for more that one month. You can stay on the site to use up your subscription and then make sure you cancel it before it automatically renews itself. Which it will! Or just write off what you've paid and cancel now. If you think they aren't providing you with what you paid for, eg, technical faults, no emails...you can let them know. There's always Consumer Affairs. I hope this helps

See all 11 questions about Elite Singles