Perfect, have used them for years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Fast, quick, thorough. Always get optimal returns, stress free. Have been using Etax for years and wouldn't go anywhere else. Im so happy with them. They make tax time simple.

So quick and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Normally i use a Tax Return professional to do my return. This time i did it myself and using the etax system was so quick easy and very uncomplicated. i recommend this to anyone. I was all done and had everything submitted in under 20 minutes.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks for your kind words and recommendations Teddyboy! We look forward to seeing you again for your 2017 return!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

EASY AS...1, 2, 3..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Go on do it youself - save the bucks and etax will assist you if you need to ask any questions.. DO NOT be afraid - its very vey easy

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Cheers Tony! Much appreciated!

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

The easiest tax I've ever done with a great return

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

I came across this site while looking to do the standard ATO online lodge. I thought "ok why not," and the process was easy, loved being able to upload pictures of my receipts (as they fade as we all know) it was fast, reliable and very user friendly. Definitely recommend. Definitely my go to for next end of financial year.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of our service! We're pleased to hear you had a great experience and we'll see you again for your next tax return.

Feels like fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I thought I was the ATO's online tax program' I didn't realise I'd have to fork out a fee to an intermediary. I'll be very careful not to use them again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Hi Jane, We're sorry if there was any confusion about our service and the ATO's now retired e-tax software. Our business has been operating online at Etax.com.au since 1998 which is prior to the... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Nice and simple

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

Etax Accountants was the easiest tax return I have completed, I would recommend it to anyone and would advise to always go through Etax Accountants. Many thanx

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Cheers Scott! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and awesome to hear how easy you found our service!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2017

Genuine easy process they can do the hard work For you. Thank you etax. You make tax time a breaze

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks Hobbz! Awesome to hear we made tax time easy for you!

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Wish l had of found Etax Accountants years ago.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Etax Accountants make doing your tax returns so much easier and cheaper. l wish that l had discovered them years ago. They are easy to get on the phone if you have any questions and you can also email and get a super quick response to any questions you have. The system they use is so simple, easy and fast. Will be definitely using every year from now on.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Hi Helena! Thanks for your review and we'll see you again for your 2017 return.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Making tax time simple and easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

After 7 Years. They just keep making it easier and less stressful. Fantastic customer service! I wouldn't risk my tax info with anyone else!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Cheers Peter! Thanks for being such a loyal client over the past 7 years and for your kind words about our service!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Simple and straightforward

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

Will most likely use again very simple and easy to use. Accessible to even the less computer savvy type great job

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks Conor! Great to hear you found our tax return and service easy to use. See you again shortly for your 2017 return!

Victoria Melbourne

It's good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

It's great to do it online I have no problem little bit of a problem but it was okay arm my thank you for helping me and it was juts $67 it was okay thank you JIMMY

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Cheers for your review Bear - much appreciated!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Definitely not worth using it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

After filling out my tax return I was asked questions as to why my uniform fees were so much as I had no receipts, which is understandable but after explaining what I had bought and where from and how much I thought I had provided enough details. Especially considering you can claim up to $300 without receipts.

Fair to say I will not use this method again for tax return as I have never received as less tax as I have this time around. Previous tax returns have been about the $450 mark never less and this time round they reckon a measly $190 back.
Next time I will be sourcing an accountant to do my tax return for me.

It's a shame because I had heard this method was a success for others.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Hi Becky, We're sorry to hear you were unhappy with the refund estimate you were given during our accountant review process. A couple of times before your return was lodged we had a manager try ... read more »

1 of 21 pages

can i ring you for what you need to do my tax as i have already filled mine partly?

deggy asked on Jan 31, 2017

Hi Deggy,

If you're part way through and have any questions you can certainly give us a call on 1300 693 829. We also have a live chat service you should be able to select in the bottom right of your screen while logged into your return where you can chat directly with an accountant.

If you prefer, we can also have one of our accountants call you back at a time that suits you. Please just drop us an email to feedback@etax.com.au with your full name, email address registered on your Etax account, phone number and time you'd like a call and we'll get in touch with you then.

Warm Regards,
Etax Accountants

How long does it take you to prepare an annual tax return for a Pty Ltd using Xero online accounting system and how much do you charge (house number)?

Andreas Lustig asked on Nov 29, 2016

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your question. Etax Accountants only offer Individual Tax Returns so our sister company Etax Local who offer an online business tax return service are best placed to answer that question. In general, the length of time and cost of preparing a Company Tax Return is solely down to the size of the business and the complexity of the job. We'd suggest sending the team at Etax Local a message via this page (https://www.etaxlocal.com.au/company-tax-return/) with some details about the job and their business relationship team will be in touch to provide you with an obligation free quote.

Kind Regards,
Etax Accountants

How can I do my tax return?

CAL asked on Oct 07, 2016

Hi Cal,
The most common way to do an Australian tax return is by using a registered tax agent like Etax.com.au.
According to ATO figures reported by news.com.au in July, over 74% of Australians use a tax agent to lodge their tax return.
Some agents provide convenient online services and most agents provide this service for under $100. The level of convenience, support, help with delays or audits and year-round help varies between different agents. At Etax.com.au we think we offer a great full-featured service for a fair cost and we're always trying to improve what we do by listening to what our clients have to say.
An alternative to using a tax agent is to go directly to the ATO, using their myGov/myTax system. It is quite good and there's no fee, but you will not get support from an accountant and tax agent who's on your side, no help with audits or amendments, no advice to maximise your refund, and you'll be pretty much on your own. But it's a valid choice for people with simple returns who are confident and don't mind doing taxes by themself.
Best regards,