Quick, easy and a fast response

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

This is my second year using etax, the form is easy to fill out and they service is fantastic, looking forward to their support in 2017.

Perth

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

24 years old and been using them for 10 years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

Anyone that thinks they are misled into thinking they are on the (now retired) ATO etax system - which, if I recall correctly read somewhere was started AFTER etax accountants - deserves whatever crappy return they got if they couldn't pick up a little detail like that it really makes me laugh that they would even be capable of filing a return correctly in the first place. I'm on my 10th return and come back every year just because it's easy. If they ask too many questions (and sometimes they do) I just tell them to shut up and lodge it or I'll go somewhere else and they do as they are told - eventually. Kinda like a pharmacy. Happy to provide the base receipts of claims but not going to scan every receipt I have and if the tax man wants them he can go through the pile and sort them out himself. So this service is *like* doing it yourself, but using an accountant reduces chance of being audited so you can claim some risky crap and usually get away with it.

Good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

I like it, so easy to fill out and very convenient I would recommend this service to anyone who needs to file a tax return.

Computer savvy for oldies!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

Computer savvy for oldies appreciated user friendly hints & direction. Simple easy to use. Jumping ahead with only what I want.

Tweed

• 4 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Just OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

Apart from the 'eTax' name, which may lead some people to think this is an official ATO site, I also found the fee structure somewhat misleading. You have to look pretty hard on the website to find that for most people, the actual fee will be $95.40, as they charge $27.50 for the 'service' of deducting their fee from your tax refund.

On the other hand, the user interface is very good; simple and quick to use and the processing was pretty quick.

Making tax return that much easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

The whole system has been streamlined and is now very user friendly. I was suprised just how easy and convenient the system is to use.

Good Work

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

It was better than I expected! Very satisfied; may be on that basis perhaps, I will return for the next,

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thank you Bernard! Glad to hear you were satisfied and we hope to see you return again for your 2017 return!

Katherine

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Real helpful, great support whenever required.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2017

As tax returns can be tricky sometimes, E-Tax makes it as easy as possible for there clients to process there tax returns and receive the returns they are entitled too.

Its not every day you come across such a professional and excellent system to lodge your tax so be sure to use E-Tax as a tax solution in the future.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks N.J! Lovely to hear your kind words about our service!

Verified Purchase

This service has become my favourite method for completing my own tax.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Each year this service improves especially for the 2016 return. User friendly at last! I highly recommend using etax. The cost comparison is huge. Etax under $250 vs personal accountant $2000. You do the maths.

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Hi David! Thanks for leaving a review about our service and we're pleased to hear you liked the improvements we made to the 2016 return. We've got more in store for 2017 and look forward to sharing them with you!

logging my tax

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

thank you i had a lot of help and they mad it easy to do thing and let me know where i was going wrong and help me

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

No problem Jason - happy to hear our team was able to help you out and make sure everything was correct on your return this year!

BEWARE!!!! This is a private company - NOT ATO

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

This felt like a Nigerian Scam. I too was duped into believing i was lodging my return through the ATO. Instead I later find it was a private company that was lodging for me. And their fee was unreasonable and I never got what they quoted my return to be. Only get burned once. Beware everyone!!!!

Very helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I have used the ATO return procedure for a few years. I have been far more comfortable with Etax Accountants. It was great to have communication a few times along the way

Comments
Etax Accountants Official

Thanks Wenno! We're pleased to hear you've found our service more comfortable to use than the ATO offering!

1 of 22 pages

can i ring you for what you need to do my tax as i have already filled mine partly?

deggy asked on Jan 31, 2017

Hi Deggy,

If you're part way through and have any questions you can certainly give us a call on 1300 693 829. We also have a live chat service you should be able to select in the bottom right of your screen while logged into your return where you can chat directly with an accountant.

If you prefer, we can also have one of our accountants call you back at a time that suits you. Please just drop us an email to feedback@etax.com.au with your full name, email address registered on your Etax account, phone number and time you'd like a call and we'll get in touch with you then.

Warm Regards,
Etax Accountants

How long does it take you to prepare an annual tax return for a Pty Ltd using Xero online accounting system and how much do you charge (house number)?

Andreas Lustig asked on Nov 29, 2016

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your question. Etax Accountants only offer Individual Tax Returns so our sister company Etax Local who offer an online business tax return service are best placed to answer that question. In general, the length of time and cost of preparing a Company Tax Return is solely down to the size of the business and the complexity of the job. We'd suggest sending the team at Etax Local a message via this page (https://www.etaxlocal.com.au/company-tax-return/) with some details about the job and their business relationship team will be in touch to provide you with an obligation free quote.

Kind Regards,
Etax Accountants

How can I do my tax return?

CAL asked on Oct 07, 2016

Hi Cal,
The most common way to do an Australian tax return is by using a registered tax agent like Etax.com.au.
According to ATO figures reported by news.com.au in July, over 74% of Australians use a tax agent to lodge their tax return.
Some agents provide convenient online services and most agents provide this service for under $100. The level of convenience, support, help with delays or audits and year-round help varies between different agents. At Etax.com.au we think we offer a great full-featured service for a fair cost and we're always trying to improve what we do by listening to what our clients have to say.
An alternative to using a tax agent is to go directly to the ATO, using their myGov/myTax system. It is quite good and there's no fee, but you will not get support from an accountant and tax agent who's on your side, no help with audits or amendments, no advice to maximise your refund, and you'll be pretty much on your own. But it's a valid choice for people with simple returns who are confident and don't mind doing taxes by themself.
Best regards,