Filter By:

Haven't claimed anything but service good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Great customer service easy to use. Lots of cover choices and the policy was value for money. I havent needed to claim anything yet but hopefully the after service is just as efficient if I have to make a claim.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Annie, thanks for your review. Take a couple copies of your policy with you as the document has claim information and your emergency contact details for when you're overseas. I hope you have a g... read more »

Well Priced

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

I needed to change my original Policy as I found my travel cover didnt cover any issues arising with my 100 Year old Mother. This was done efficiently . I found both policies (Comprehensive and Medical only) very well priced.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lindsay, thanks for letting us know about your experience. I remember assisting you! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!! :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist.

Unreliable

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Never get insurance from this company. They will never cover you and try to convince that it is all your fault. I had a really bad experience with them. Never ever get this Insurance

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Aman, thanks for letting us know about your experience. I take all reviews like yours seriously and I have been following it up with the claims team today to find out what happened. The reason y... read more »

Having the $200 excess meant I was unable to claim my $150 medical expense or the loss of a small ca

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

It appears that travel insurance is really only useful if you have some really major mishap or medical emergency - for smaller claims it is nor worth trying to claim because of the $200 excess and for older items the 60% deterioration makes it unfeasible.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Raymond, With any travel insurance company you have the option to reduce excess and sometimes even increase excess. On Fast Cover's international policies you have the option to reduce your exce... read more »

Fastcover great value and price

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Have used Fastcover many times and always have found them easy and efficient with no hassles. Great communication. Great value on cover, easy to understand and to apply and pay.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brenda, thankyou for taking the time to write a review! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and if you have any queries don't hesitate to contact us. Happy travels! - Alex

Insurance claim made

Easy to set up. Easy to claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We have used FAST COVER TRAVEL INSURANCE for at least five of our trips. Firstly I get info and quote on computer, then I ring, set up and pay for our policy. Amazing helpful staff who advise me of a better sometimes cheaper option. Just so easy . We always feel peace of mind when using FAST COVER.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lynny, thankyou for your kind feedback! We love hearing from our frequent travellers! I'm so glad you found it easy to get a quote on our website and we're able to help you find the best deal fo... read more »

After studying the many different Travel Insurance Companies, and reviews, Fast Cover stood out BEST

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Excellent value for a 67 year old senior. Simple to get a quote, and also to take out a policy.
I cannot comment on Customer Support as fortunately I did not have to make a claim. Be aware of the excess if you do claim and the conditions are lengthy and have a lot of exclusions, as is the case with all other companies. Closest claims I had was when I fell off a stool in a McDonalds in Manila, that was not fixed to the floor, as I was accustomed to in Australia. Also, nearly went to Doctor or Hospital with badly swollen feet, as feared DVT, but
found be elevating on double pillows when sleeping or resting in bad, swelling began decreasing slowly. Back in Australia for 3 days and I still have some swelling. Had I have need to claim while o'seas, I may have had difficulty in uploading my flight itinerary and various tax invoices, as I am still on 'L' (Learner plates) with my recently acquired IPhone. But I'm sure staff at hotels I stayed at would have assisted me. I'm having trouble completing this review, in Upload proof of purchase, I've given the Policy Number, what more could you want? And I have given my email again, which is same as on the policy. I'm now beginning to see I most likely would have trouble providing info required if I had had need to make a claim.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Colin, thankyou for taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you found getting a quote and purchasing a policy online was simple. For future reference, if you do need any assistance in making... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 7 questions
Private message

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Claim Made Successful, Fast & Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

Like alot of policies you really know only how good it is to you make a claim and providing you meet the product disclosure statement for making a claim everything should be good. I made my first claim for a small amount I am in Saigon developed a rash had to goto medical centre where they spoke English had consultation and got some cream and medicine. Submitted claim with all documents provided by the medical centre more is better claim was processed in 5 days. Claim process is quite lengthy just ensure you have all flight itinerary, tax invoice etc ready to upload other then that excellent.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brent, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear you were unwell on your trip but I'm glad we were able to quickly assist you with your claim. Having all your documents ready to submit with y... read more »

Fantastic Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Althought I've not yet had to make a claim with Fast Cover, their customer service has been absolutely superb. Highest regards! Many thanks for your help so far, Fast Cover.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Zach, thanks for your kind words! Hope you have an incredible holiday and if you have any queries don't hesitate to contact us! :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Insurance claim made

Fast cover for Recent Bali trip - Amazing experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Emilie, thanks so much for your great review! :) I am sorry to hear about what happened 2 days in to your trip but I am glad we assisted and you were able to enjoy the rest of your holiday. Let ... read more »

Figtree,n.s.w. 2525 australia

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

There is no doubt the policy is good but my flight was delayed and I lost 2days work I tried to claim but I was told that I was not entitled for a claim. Never mind I will still stick to the same fast cover policy. Thank you

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ram, thank you for taking the time to write a review! Sorry to hear about missing a couple days of work but hope you were able to enjoy your holiday anyway. Let us know when you're travelling ag... read more »

Fast Cover Travel Insurance - Very Efficient and Consumer Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Everything about this Travel Insurance is excellent. It had a very efficient and fast on-line application system which produced the policy, approved it and sent me a copy. If I needed to clarify something, it had a very helpful lady (forgot her name) who was prepared to listen and was extremely patient. She is an asset to the company. I had to make a claim as one of my bags got damaged during the journey. The claim procedure was very efficient and very prompt. It was approved and the funds deposited into my bank account within a very few days. I would recommend this policy to any and all travelers. Professor David and Mrs Sulo Thambiratnam Brisbane, Australia

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi David, wow thanks so much for your feedback about our process, staff & claim experience! I am sorry to hear about your luggage but glad you were able to claim and get compensation. I hope you st... read more »

1 of 14 pages

Hi I have pre existing medical conditions.. a clot in brain artery that has been there for 5 years and a hemangioma spinal tumour that I have had surgery on to clear away from my spinal cord and 2 radiation sessions. Can I get cover for these conditions if I go on a cruise?thanks jen

Jen asked on Jun 24, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jen, Thank you for your question! The conditions you have mentioned wouldn't be covered under Fast Cover policies. Each company is quite different however with us we automatically cover 43 pre-existing medical conditions, please see our list here: https://fastcover.com.au/what-we-cover/pre-existing-medical-conditions. If you have a condition we don't cover usually you can still have a policy you just wouldn't be covered for that particular condition. The exception to that rule is blood thinners, if you take a blood thinner then we can't medically cover you at all. If you like, give me a call on 1300 409 322 or email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au and I can put you through to an affiliate who may be able to assist you. Kind regards, Vanessa.

I am renting a house for a trip to Isle of Palm, SC. I have to pay the full fee at time of booking. My mom is elderly and my concern is that if my Mom passes away, I will not be able to get my full payment reimbursed. We will have 8 people in the house, all family. Would your insurance cover the full rental fee if I need to cancel due to death or severe illness of immediate family? Love, Kay

Kay asked on Jun 14, 2017

Answer this

Hi Kay, thanks for sending us your question! There is provision with the Cancellation benefit on our Comprehensive & Standard Saver policies to claim for the scenario you have described however there are limitations on the amount you can claim for & a few qualifiers. One being is the age of the relative. You're not covered for relatives over the age of 84. If you like, I'd love to give you a call to help you & to discuss the cover in more depth. Can you send me your contact details & a good time to call at enquiries@fastcover.com.au? Kind regards, Vanessa.

Hi Kay, Thank you for sending me your contact details. As you are based in the US Fast Cover unfortunately can't issue you with a valid policy. I googled 'Travel Insurance for US citizens' & the following website came up which looks like a good start: http://www.travelinsure.com/products/plans-for-us-citizens-and-residents/. I am sorry we can't assist you any further but I hope you have a great holiday with your family! Kind regards, Vanessa.

Will you cover theft of items where proof of purchase can not be shown by producing a receipt or bank statement, but instead by providing serial numbers and/or photographs of items with the owner's passport?

cdeverist asked on Jun 05, 2017

Hello!
Thank you for your enquiry. Yes, where you're unable to locate a receipt or bank statement to prove ownership of the stolen item, you can provide the Claims team with photos of the items. You do also need to make sure you report the theft and obtain a police report for the stolen item. Hope that helps to clarify things for you. - Sally - Customer Service.

See all 29 questions about Fast Cover Travel Insurance