Filter By:

Insurance claim made

A friend in need is a friend indeed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

The policy was of good value, especially when one unexpectedly becomes ill .
Easy to set up, just answer questions., Computer system , easy to follow.
The customer support was excellent. My queries were efficiently handled and with courtesy.,

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Joe, thanks for your great review! Happy to hear your experience was a good one. Let us know when you're travelling again as we'd love to assist. :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Fast, Easy and Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I took out a policy in October for a trip to Italy and the process couldn't have been easier. I spoke to the guys on the phone and asked them a few questions and they were very knowledgeable and professional. The site was easy to use and I managed to get a policy within a couple mins online.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Francis, thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience! Did you have a great time in Italy? Let us know when you're travelling again as we'd love to help! :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Very easy to take out insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Took out Travel Insurance for our upcoming cruise. It was very easy to complete the on-line form and the price was comparable to a couple of other sites. I'll have to wait until the holiday's over before I can comment on their claims service, although hopefully I won't need to.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Wanda, thanks for your online quote process review! We do hope you have a well deserved & relaxing holiday :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Not a single problem!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Fast cover is indeed fast. This is my second time using them, and although a little more expensive (I'm adding the hire car component this time) it was seamless and easy. Most important - they don't have a problem with age.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Pete, thanks for your review! We love to receive feedback from our frequent travellers and agree that travel insurance should be accessible to everyone regardless of age or circumstances. Have a great time on your holiday! - Alex

The product is Competitively Priced

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

The product is competitively priced and the application form is extremely user friendly.
We have not made a claim, and I hope that shall continue for many years to come.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Bob and Naomi, thank you for your feedback! We work hard to make the process of buying travel insurance fast and simple so I'm really glad to read that you found our website easy to use! Have a wonderful holiday! - Alex

Insurance claim made

Cheap to buy and easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Their process was simple and can get even cheaper via Promocodes.com.au .. They have only few questions and straight forward, you are covered.. Hope they will introduce some vibes contact or something, i think that would be handy

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jackie, thanks for taking the time to write a review and nice job finding the promocodes voucher! Now you can spend the extra dosh you saved on your holiday instead or maybe bring us back a souvenir? ;) Happy travels! - Alex

We had great service last year for our cruise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Great service easy set up very satisfied will be contacting you soon for more insurance for a cruise later in the year I am sure that we will get the same efficient service

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brian, thanks so much for your feedback! We'll look forward to speaking with you again soon about your upcoming cruise holiday! - Alex

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Easy, great rates & excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Used Fast Cover many times & very good value for money. Very easy to get a quote/policy online & excellent customer service if you have to phone. Had to claim x 2 - no hassle; simple; efficient.
Always recommend to fellow travellers especially "seniors"!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Alitas, thankyou for your lovely review and for continuing to choose us for your travels! I'm so glad to hear we were able to assist you with both of your claims and that you're pleased with the... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

This is my third policy with Travel cover. I find them easy to apply for ( even though I'm ' internet phobic '. The price is great, the policy is reliable, and the service is great- even when you have to claim!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Charmaine, thank you for your review and I'm glad we were able to assist with your claim. We work hard to make sure every step from purchasing a policy to submitting a claim is as fast and simpl... read more »

Mandurah

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Such a good insurance company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

After having insured with Fast Cover many times I find the policy is of excellent value, and so easy to set up online. So far we haven't had to put in a claim, so can't comment on any satisfaction there. I have recommended this company to many of my friends as I am extremely satisfied with how friendly and helpful they are.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Mim! Thank you for travelling with us again and for taking the time to leave such a stellar review. We love hearing from our frequent travellers! I'm glad you found purchasing a policy online ea... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Recommended comprehensive travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

We have used Fast Cover many times and find this company in particular, value for money and cover all the items we need to cover as senior travellers. Travelling cruising the world and again the Pacific Circle with Princess

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Rainy, thank you so much for your positive feedback! I'm so pleased to read that you're happy with the value of our policies and all of the benefits we offer. I hope you enjoy your worldwide cruise holiday! Bon voyage! - Alex

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

I'm a first time customer of Fast Cover Travel Insurance. The insurance was easy to purchase online while easily able to compare different policies which were also reasonably priced. In addition, there were options of the excess you wish to pay should you need to make a claim. I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I will purchase with them again for sure.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Aimee, thanks for your great review! We always love hearing from our travellers. Glad you found what you wanted through us and hope you have a great holiday! :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist

1 of 13 pages

I have never had to claim anything on travel insurance before and I'm currently shopping around for a new company. I have been alerted by friends and family that many company's require receipts for lost or stolen property and that this can be made quite difficult whilst overseas. Do you require comprehensive receipts for all items/luggage/clothes/jewelery that may need to be claimed if a bag was lost or stolen? Also what is the general time frame for payouts on successful claims, if required? Cheers

Daisy asked on Jan 16, 2017

Hi Daisy!

Receipts are obviously ideal as proof of purchase however I have checked with Allianz that taking a photo of the gear you’re taking and providing this as part of the claim is accepted. If possible gather the card statements before travelling and have them handy should you need to make a luggage claim whilst away. You can also submit a claim once you have returned. Please have a look at what is and isn’t covered with the luggage benefit. This is found on pages 38-40 in our PDS - https://fastcover.com.au/pds.

In relation to payouts on successful claims, Allianz say “they will consider your claim within 10 business days of receiving the completed claim form and all necessary documentation. If they need additional information, a written notification will be sent to you within 10 business days.”
I can’t provide something in concrete as this time frame does depend on the circumstance. Often the reason it is delayed is because people don't provide the right information and there can be a bit of back and forth.

Hope that helps! If you would like to discuss this with me please call the Sydney office on 1300 409 322. I am here until 5pm then back in the office from 9am tomorrow. – Vanessa :-)

I'm already in Indonesia and will be travelling around the country and Malaysia before heading back to Australia next year. Will you be able to insure me?

Alan asked on Aug 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Alan, Thanks for your question! Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to supply you with a valid policy as one of the pre requisites with our policies is that your journey has to start and end in Australia. I can refer you on though to another insurer who will be able to assist. Please email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au and it attention it to me or call me on 1300 409 322 and I can forward you on to them. I am in our Sydney office until 5pm. :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

HI Customer Service team, We will go to Ha Loong Bay in Vietnam for a holiday. We will take a boat trip for sight seeing. Would go on a boat trip for half a day be considered as a cruise trip which require some additional cover? Sarah

SWong asked on Jun 26, 2016

Answer this

Hi Sarah, Thank you for your enquiry - good question! A half day boat trip on Ha Long Bay would not be considered a cruise, so you won't need to have cruise cover. Hope that helps to clarify things, let us know if you have any other questions. - Sally - Customer Service

See all 24 questions about Fast Cover Travel Insurance