Filter By:

Fantastic Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Althought I've not yet had to make a claim with Fast Cover, their customer service has been absolutely superb. Highest regards! Many thanks for your help so far, Fast Cover.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Zach, thanks for your kind words! Hope you have an incredible holiday and if you have any queries don't hesitate to contact us! :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Insurance claim made

Fast cover for Recent Bali trip - Amazing experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Emilie, thanks so much for your great review! :) I am sorry to hear about what happened 2 days in to your trip but I am glad we assisted and you were able to enjoy the rest of your holiday. Let ... read more »

Figtree,n.s.w. 2525 australia

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

There is no doubt the policy is good but my flight was delayed and I lost 2days work I tried to claim but I was told that I was not entitled for a claim. Never mind I will still stick to the same fast cover policy. Thank you

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Ram, thank you for taking the time to write a review! Sorry to hear about missing a couple days of work but hope you were able to enjoy your holiday anyway. Let us know when you're travelling ag... read more »

Fast Cover Travel Insurance - Very Efficient and Consumer Friendly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Everything about this Travel Insurance is excellent. It had a very efficient and fast on-line application system which produced the policy, approved it and sent me a copy. If I needed to clarify something, it had a very helpful lady (forgot her name) who was prepared to listen and was extremely patient. She is an asset to the company. I had to make a claim as one of my bags got damaged during the journey. The claim procedure was very efficient and very prompt. It was approved and the funds deposited into my bank account within a very few days. I would recommend this policy to any and all travelers. Professor David and Mrs Sulo Thambiratnam Brisbane, Australia

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi David, wow thanks so much for your feedback about our process, staff & claim experience! I am sorry to hear about your luggage but glad you were able to claim and get compensation. I hope you st... read more »

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Made a claim which was received in less than 2 weeks. Would recommend to any one and wiil use again when able to travel. Customer service was excellent. I was paid put by this co before the cruise co. The ship had gone on its way before they paid anything.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Heather, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We're always striving to improve our service and we're happy to hear we were able to come to the rescue! Hope your ne... read more »

Insurance claim made

A friend in need is a friend indeed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

The policy was of good value, especially when one unexpectedly becomes ill .
Easy to set up, just answer questions., Computer system , easy to follow.
The customer support was excellent. My queries were efficiently handled and with courtesy.,

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Joe, thanks for your great review! Happy to hear your experience was a good one. Let us know when you're travelling again as we'd love to assist. :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Fast, Easy and Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

I took out a policy in October for a trip to Italy and the process couldn't have been easier. I spoke to the guys on the phone and asked them a few questions and they were very knowledgeable and professional. The site was easy to use and I managed to get a policy within a couple mins online.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Francis, thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience! Did you have a great time in Italy? Let us know when you're travelling again as we'd love to help! :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Very easy to take out insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

Took out Travel Insurance for our upcoming cruise. It was very easy to complete the on-line form and the price was comparable to a couple of other sites. I'll have to wait until the holiday's over before I can comment on their claims service, although hopefully I won't need to.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Wanda, thanks for your online quote process review! We do hope you have a well deserved & relaxing holiday :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

Not a single problem!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Fast cover is indeed fast. This is my second time using them, and although a little more expensive (I'm adding the hire car component this time) it was seamless and easy. Most important - they don't have a problem with age.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Pete, thanks for your review! We love to receive feedback from our frequent travellers and agree that travel insurance should be accessible to everyone regardless of age or circumstances. Have a great time on your holiday! - Alex

The product is Competitively Priced

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

The product is competitively priced and the application form is extremely user friendly.
We have not made a claim, and I hope that shall continue for many years to come.

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Bob and Naomi, thank you for your feedback! We work hard to make the process of buying travel insurance fast and simple so I'm really glad to read that you found our website easy to use! Have a wonderful holiday! - Alex

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Cheap to buy and easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Their process was simple and can get even cheaper via Promocodes.com.au .. They have only few questions and straight forward, you are covered.. Hope they will introduce some vibes contact or something, i think that would be handy

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jackie, thanks for taking the time to write a review and nice job finding the promocodes voucher! Now you can spend the extra dosh you saved on your holiday instead or maybe bring us back a souvenir? ;) Happy travels! - Alex

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
Private message

We had great service last year for our cruise

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2017

Great service easy set up very satisfied will be contacting you soon for more insurance for a cruise later in the year I am sure that we will get the same efficient service

Comments
Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brian, thanks so much for your feedback! We'll look forward to speaking with you again soon about your upcoming cruise holiday! - Alex

Hi there Alex yes we are cruising again in November to new calidonla for nine days ,I got a quote from your company the other day but it seemed to be very high so we will have to look at our option... read more »

Fast Cover Travel Insurance Official

Hi Brian & Rosemary, I did you up a quote & applied your loyalty discount: Q8065571. You can view it on our website www.fastcover.com.au. The price that I got is a bit different to the one you ment... read more »

1 of 13 pages

Which of these statements applies when making a claim? a)We will pay your cancellation fees and lost deposits for travel and accommodation arrangements that you have paid in advance and cannot recover in any other way if your journey is cancelled or shortened at any time through circumstances neither expected nor intended by you and ***outside your control.*** --- Nor will we pay if your cancellation fees or lost deposits arise because of: f) Delays or rescheduling by a bus line, airline, shipping line or rail authority. g) The financial collapse of any transport, tour or accommodation provider. h) The mechanical breakdown of any means of transport. My level of ESP is not well developed, so apart from using those powers, how would I determine if points f, g and h will occur - aren't these unexpected? Perhaps with insider knowledge, I could determine g, but even the pilot of a plane couldn't predict h. This is a SERIOUS QUESTION. A genuine robust answer would be really helpful.

MCnGC asked on Feb 04, 2017

Answer this

The text you’ve sent me is from pages 31 & 32 of our PDS in regards to ‘SECTION 1 – Cancellation Fees & Lost Deposits’. This is a benefit that starts as soon as a traveller buys their Multi trip, Standard or Comprehensive policy. Now if you need to make a claim and it was in relation to cancelling your travels and you needed to claim back money/points you had lost then the inclusions and exclusions listed on pages 31 & 32 would apply. Even though point’s f, g and h are yes unexpected they are an exclusion to being covered under the Cancellation benefit. It’s like all of our benefits, there are situations that are covered and situations that aren’t. This is why I always advise people to read the benefits rules in the PDS (www.fastcover.com.au/pds) before purchasing so they know what situations they’re covered for. If you do have any further queries please email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au and I will get back to you quicker within business hours or call me on 1300 409 322. Kind regards, Vanessa.

I have never had to claim anything on travel insurance before and I'm currently shopping around for a new company. I have been alerted by friends and family that many company's require receipts for lost or stolen property and that this can be made quite difficult whilst overseas. Do you require comprehensive receipts for all items/luggage/clothes/jewelery that may need to be claimed if a bag was lost or stolen? Also what is the general time frame for payouts on successful claims, if required? Cheers

Daisy asked on Jan 16, 2017

Hi Daisy!

Receipts are obviously ideal as proof of purchase however I have checked with Allianz that taking a photo of the gear you’re taking and providing this as part of the claim is accepted. If possible gather the card statements before travelling and have them handy should you need to make a luggage claim whilst away. You can also submit a claim once you have returned. Please have a look at what is and isn’t covered with the luggage benefit. This is found on pages 38-40 in our PDS - https://fastcover.com.au/pds.

In relation to payouts on successful claims, Allianz say “they will consider your claim within 10 business days of receiving the completed claim form and all necessary documentation. If they need additional information, a written notification will be sent to you within 10 business days.”
I can’t provide something in concrete as this time frame does depend on the circumstance. Often the reason it is delayed is because people don't provide the right information and there can be a bit of back and forth.

Hope that helps! If you would like to discuss this with me please call the Sydney office on 1300 409 322. I am here until 5pm then back in the office from 9am tomorrow. – Vanessa :-)

I'm already in Indonesia and will be travelling around the country and Malaysia before heading back to Australia next year. Will you be able to insure me?

Alan asked on Aug 03, 2016

Answer this

Hi Alan, Thanks for your question! Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to supply you with a valid policy as one of the pre requisites with our policies is that your journey has to start and end in Australia. I can refer you on though to another insurer who will be able to assist. Please email me at enquiries@fastcover.com.au and it attention it to me or call me on 1300 409 322 and I can forward you on to them. I am in our Sydney office until 5pm. :) - Vanessa - Travel Insurance Specialist -

See all 25 questions about Fast Cover Travel Insurance