Verified Purchase

Disgraceful service and customer care from Flower Power - to a long standing elderly customer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

My mother in law, whom I have visited today, has bought close to 20,000 dollars from Flower Power in the last 15 25 years. She came into your store asking if you had a landscaper available to go to her new place she had just moved into. You sent her an unprofessional, difficult to understand person with no listening skills who himself claimed was not a landscaper, he went to her place and did not even take any measurements to see what could fit where on her balcony, she insisted to take her to the Glenhaven store, even though my mother said she thought Enfield which was closer had a a good choice and she had seen something there. He refused to take the freeway and after 2 hours and 10 minutes they arrived in Glenhaven. There were no plants in Glenhaven big enough to suit the type of look she was trying to achieve, however she saw 2 vases and decided to buy them, she also saw 2 vertical lettuce screens which seemed to be good quality that she wanted to buy and this man told her NO, He could get some screens from a warehouse somewhere which were identical. My mother insisted on buying them, but he refused. My mother paid 400.00 for the vases. they headed off to Enfield to see if they could see some taller climbing species with flowers suitable. Both in Glenhaven and in Enfiled when my mother asked him what flowers they were, he did not have a clue. He had to call someone to assist and this took a great deal of time as they were short staffed.
He told my mother the plant she was getting was a lilli pilli, but that wasn't true when she received it she found out it was a star lilly. My mother asked for non deciduous evergreen leaves and both plants shed like crazy and turned their leaves yellow and orange.
10 days later, the day before he was due to deliver the painted lettuce and the potting mix and complete the job, - this man text my mother and told her he wasn't going to do the job. He knew quite well my mother was expecting visitors from overseas coming to stay with her and she wanted everything to be completed by then, but he did not care about what he had promised.
My mother was very upset and in tears, she called a worker in Flower Power Glenhaven and he came in a hurry to install the lettuce which wasnot the one my mother ordered, the plants which were not the ones my mother requested and not only that she did not get the remainder of the paint which was a huge bucket which she was being charged for. This job was a hurried job installed by someone who had no idea what my mother ordered, didnt seem to listen much or even believe my mother on what she had requested and did not have any answer as to why Flower Power a company where over 25 years she had spent all that money and did not seem to care that she was a long standing customer at all, or the fact that she was upset, or teh fact that she was sent a person who was not a landscaper, yet he was sent to her under false pretenses. My mother begged the manager of Glenhaven to change teh lettuce and the plants, but they would not have a bar, they charged her $750.00 for a job that was not what she wanted and she had already spent $800.00 on pots, plants. My mother went through 2 months of hell trying to contact a top manager in this company, but all she got was a customer relations person who just told her that she got what she asked for, even though she was not there. No apology for sending an incompetent person who was not even professional enough to show up and who didn't even have the courtesy to call my mother. This is a total lack of customer care, My mother is still unhappy and Flower Power took her excitement of moving into a new place and turned it into a nightmare. By the way the way she was also told later that it was possible the plants needed pesticide after one week that she had them.
Shame on You Flower Power - what a disgraceful way to treat people over 60 especially.after they have supported you for years.

Feburary 10th 2017 Update:
My Mother in law received a totally unprofessional sms 1 day before the job was due, he knew quite well she had visitors coming from overseas and she needed the job done, he knew 10 days before, she had spent all that money more than $1500.00 dollars
and this is exactly what is on my mother's phone at present:

" I cant do any work for you, please find someone who you have condense in sorry for any inconvenience"

As you can see this person's english was poor, he was not a landscaper and had no confidence in what he was doing and yet this is the person that Flower Power sent to my mother assuring her she was getting a professional landscaper.
I expect a call to my mother in law from Flower Power's head office, I expect acknowledgement of treating a person that has spent thousands of dollars and was a big fan of Flower power over the last 30 years and I can vouch for that because she has renovated various places, has bought garden settings, expensive pots and lots of lots of plants and very time we asked her what she did on the weekend , she would say I have been to Flower Power. I expect a reimbursement of the cost she has outlayed for a job that was not executed correctly or to her specifications, for the stress you people have put her through and for totally ignoring her rights as a consumer and as a customer.
She had asked for a type of lettuce which she did not get, this person bought it from some warehouse (not Flower Power) to make a few extra dollars for himself and the quality is evident, the paint job is a disgrace, He kept the rest of the paint, the vases are peeling, the plants are not what she described she needed at all. She is now a pensioner and she cannot outlay anymore money to fix that problem.- If you don't reimburse my mother in law we as a family will seek professional reimbursement action.
We were forced to write a review to be heard, we were forced to publish it, as we had written two beforehand that your company said you would look at privately - but you never bothered to do so.
We will continue to tell this story publicly until your high level managers contact my mother with a gesture of peace offering for what she has had to through,you have also shattered my mother's preferred place which was The Flower Power she used to love to go to, where she will never go again.
Kind regards
Lucia
I cannot seem to load more than one document (receipt) we also have all the emails. We have already dealt with you people and by phone and email and - all we got was zero empathy.

Bendigo

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes

Such a lovely visit Flower Power Warriewood

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2017

My daughter took me for a lovely trip to Flower Power in Warriewood.
We had a lovely time choosing plants for her garden. She joined the Garden Lover's Club and wanted to say a big thank you to the staff for their assistance and recommendations.

Comments
Flower Power Official

Great to hear you enjoyed your visit to our Warriewood garden centre Betty! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback and we hope your daughter enjoys the benefits of the club.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Purchased items

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

Most plants purchased at the Penrith store survive and thrive.
Quality of stock is good.
Plentiful choice of pots and trays

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Flower Power Official

Thanks so much for your feedback Cath! We're very focused on providing a great range of quality plants so it means a lot to get your feedback. Happy New Year!

I Love Flower Power

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

I do not have access to Google reviews but I am very happy with the service I get at Flower Power Enfield. They are always very helpful with my enquiries and I would give them 4 out of 5. The only reason I would not give them 5 out of 5 is that sometimes I cannot find anyone to help me. When I do though they are very helpful. Keep up the good work for someone who definitely does not have a green thumb.

Happy Christmas.

Comments
Flower Power Official

Thanks so much for your feedback Lynette!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

Always looking good. Staff very helpful, even on busy days helping to transport purchases to my car. This year, the Prospect store display looked the best I've seen it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Flower Power Official

Thanks so much for your support and review Robyn!

Lots of Plants

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2016

It has your garden needs,friendly staff are helpful.Price could be a little cheaper as some other plants shops are cheaper.

Comments
Flower Power Official

Thanks very much for your feedback Oggie.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

I'm loving it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

great plants (healthy and vibrant), great variety, great prices (check them out), and friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff (go see for yourself). I'm loving it!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Flower Power Official

Thanks very much for your support and review Matt! We pride ourselves on the quality of our plants and our gardening advice so your feedback means a lot. Hope to see you instore again soon.

Camden

• 4 helpful votes

great service and advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

Service and advice is excellent every time I go. They took time to explain the most appropriate plants for my garden. I find the visit to this nursery enjoyable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Flower Power Official

Great to hear you're enjoying our advice Suzy! We love helping customers choose the plants that will best suit their garden so appreciate your review. Hope to see you again soon!

Verified Purchase

Excellent range and very good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

Flower Power stock an excellent range of plants at very good prices. They also stock a wide range of fertilizers, landscape supplies and outdoor fernature.

Comments
Flower Power Official

Morning Don and thanks for much for your feedback! We are always looking for opportunities to expand our range so it's great to hear you enjoy it. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and 2017 ahead!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

flower power warriewood

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

Warriewood store is convenient for me. the staff are always helpful and friendly. The store keeps up with the latest trends in gardening and homewares. the horticulturists are spot on with their advice. The café is a good spot to meet or just relax.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Flower Power Official

Thanks for your lovely feedback Jill! It's so nice to hear from our customers and to know that you enjoy our products and advice means a lot. Have a great Christmas and we hope to see you in the garden centre again soon!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Happy gardener

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

Happy helpful staff who helped a gardening tragic. Finally got something to grow and fluresh in a bed that previously failed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Flower Power Official

Hurrah! So happy to hear you have got that garden bed flourishing Toddy. Wonderful to hear we were able to help out. We love a garden challenge so come back for a visit anytime. Thanks so much for ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

I love the flower power

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

Been visiting since I was a child (was not enthusiastic about it back then), but now I enjoy my time down there at the Taren point store. helpful staff, great range of plants and I also enjoy the newsletter arriving in my inbox. The florist at Taren point is great too... best place to buy flowers to keep the missus smiling.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Flower Power Official

Hey Tom and thanks for your feedback! We love hearing about customers who have grown up visiting their local Flower Power and come back to enjoy it as an adult. Great to hear you enjoy our plant ra... read more »

1 of 6 pages