Lightsview, SA

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Just like Christmas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

We have just moved in to our new Format Home. A lot of our friends warned us about building, we heard all sorts of horror stories. Our experience was totally the opposite, we have one tiny outstanding job to be done, everything was just about perfect the day we got the keys. The quality of the work done, the quality of the fittings & fixtures is of a very high standard. We were promised a six month build time & it took five & a half months-even with very wet winter we had this year. We are both very pleased with our new home, we love coming home to our "new baby".
Money well spent, excellent value, excellent tradespeople, excellent office staff.

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Owning a brand new house could have not been easier than this!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

When I came to Australia, I could never imagine that after a couple of years of arrival I would be living in my new house. To own a house had become a dream and I could have not thought that one day soon I would ever own it. Format Homes made this dream come true in less than one year; far way from what I expected. That was not the only bonus of choosing Format Homes! Now that I am reflecting on the time I spent living at my unit while I was working and studying, I can not remember even one day that I had an issue with the house construction. I wonder how these guys built the house in a very quiet mode and left me at peace so I did not need to worry about anything. Every aspect of the house construction was taken care of; I was just enjoying to visit my house while it was being built and took some photos for my personal house project album; which, I tell you, is a huge fun! No one in my family and friend had done that before; all were admiring it. I take the chance to thank Matt who introduced me to Format Homes on the first day when I was seeking for a house builder. Terry, I am so thankful to you. You always gave me hope and energy and your warming words were always comforting me in the hardest time; I can not thank you enough; you are now my life friend. I am so thankful to Kieran my house project manager who was so patient when I was asking lots of questions and he was giving me his best professional responses. I express my thanks and appreciation to all Format Homes personnel, Philip, Rick, Frank, Marco, Joanne, Lisa, and many others who I may forget to name. You constantly supported me, advised me on your best, had very warm and welcoming attitude and customer service. Thank you all for everything you have done for me! Today, I am sitting in my house, drinking my afternoon tea and enjoying my house ownership!

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Excellent service and quality build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2016

I've dealt with a lot of different Builders around Adelaide both personally and professionally. The level of customer service and professionalism shown by Format Homes is unmatched. Not everything went right (as it rarely does when you build), but they were there to help every step of the way. The quality of the finished product was exceptional and exceeded even our lofty expectations. I cannot thank the whole team at Format Homes enough, and refer all my family, friends, and customers to them.

Meadows, South Australia

Worth It!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

We had dreamed of building our home with Format after looking through their display homes some years ago, but initially thought they were outside of our price range. Having almost signed with another builder, we re-visited them to just talk with a sales person and see what the cost differences were. Turned out they were wholly within our price range as their standard selections were of such a high quality that they would have been considered "upgrades" with other cookie-cutter builders.

We had an amazing salesman, Terry McWilliams, who hel
ped design our home with us and took into account all of our needs. We were well looked after all throughout the selections process to the finalising of everything and into the build itself. We always received our invoices and receipts promptly.

Now, nearly three months after moving into our home, we couldn't be happier. The quality of the craftsmanship can be felt and seen throughout - this is what initially drew us to Format when we visited their display homes. Our home looks and feels every bit as amazing as their displays did. We have not even had a single complaint or issue to report since moving in. Levi Nash was our site supervisor and was always approachable, professional, friendly and happy to answer all our (sometimes silly) questions. He was so incredibly thorough during our walkthrough and pre-handover inspection - he noticed small flaws that we wouldn't have even thought to look for and had them fixed straight away.

The only tiny things I would mention that Format could have done differently was to perhaps keep us informed as to where we were at and what was happening at each stage of the build. We only ever received an invoice when one stage was completed - and we would drive out to the site weekly to see what was different. Not having built before, it would have been nice to have had some updates. Additionally, it wasn't always clear who to contact about what issues (financial, land, council, etc.) so perhaps a list of contacts with clarification on who to speak to about what would have been helpful at the start.

Otherwise, can't fault Format for anything at all. Great quality, build stuck to schedule and price, competent and professional staff - I have been recommending Format to all of my friends and would encourage anyone looking to build with someone who actually cares about quality over quantity to visit one of Format's display villages and speak to someone. So happy we made the decision to speak to them again - our dream really did come true! Thank you Format for our amazing home!

Love our new Format home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2016

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Perfect dream home can not thank Format enough and would highly recommend them!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

Professional service and easy negotiations from design to selections to the finished home. Can't rate Format Homes highly enough. The build quality and workmanship were extremely high. Their trades were excellent and all loved working for Format Homes. This commitment of excellence from their staff is why this has been an excellent stress free experience. We were made to feel a valued customer throughout the entire process.

Verified Purchase

Building our home while we were overseas.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

Both the workmanship and build quality of our home were extremely high. Throughout the whole building process Format kept us informed and enabled us to have contact with the site manager whenever we felt the need. He was very helpful and despite us being in the uk throughout the whole build we felt very much involved in the process.
We had one trip over to Adelaide prior to the build to discuss details and choose fixtures, fittings and colour schemes. Again Format were very helpful.
After completion the customer service and support continued throughout the snagging of our home.
I have no hesitation in recommending Format homes to anyone.

Great People Great Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2015

After choosing Format Homes to build my new property, i now believe its one of the best decisions i have ever made. The team at Format are quite possibly the most professional, ethical, honest organization i have ever dealt with. There's always a bit of apprehension when choosing a builder but it became apparent quickly and very early on that i made the right one. I was able to sit back, relax and enjoy the process knowing that my project was in extremely capable hands. This peace of mind is "Priceless".

The people at Format know that this
will probably be the biggest financial outlay you will ever make and they treat your project like its their own and have your wishes and interests first and foremost.

The quality of workmanship was nothing short of outstanding, people visit and comment on what a beautiful home i have, one person even asked if i won lotto, ha.

You've seen the advertisement on TV for Superloc "Do it once Do it right". Build with Format Homes you "Do it once you Do it right"

Thanks to all the team at Format and especially Bill Murphy who helped me deal with an unscrupulous demolition company who almost scuttled my project, without his help and advice it may never have gone ahead.

Lived up to ALL promises

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

Professional service and easy negotiations from design to selections to the finished home. Can't rate Format Homes highly enough. Their professionalism is reflected in their homes of high standards. You can trust this builder as they deliver on all promises. Amanda and Levi made our journey into this investment home easy and enjoyable and now we hope to reap the rewards of this investment.

Our Dream Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2015

From the first initial phone call the process of demolishing and building our dream home was a breeze. All at Format Homes were willing to help any anyway they could from their Receptionist to Building Supervisor. The process of selections was made easy too, that can be daunting!! The construction timing was as promised and practical completion and handover was seamless. We did have some issues with council and engineers but Format Homes kept things well on track during this. We have used Format Homes in the past for some development properties also, and the workmanship was second to none so we did not hesitate to use them for our Dream Home. All up we can say that Format Homes delivered above and beyond.

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

It is a good feeling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2015

I knocked down and built 2 homes, this was my first time I am not a developer so I needed someone to guide me through, well I found them from A to Z there service and staff where there all the way but most important is the finished product, in one word QUALITY I know this as I had 3 agents in to value they all said high standard of build and very well detailed . I never felt like I was just another contract to build, they treated me as a person and they never lost that respect for me as a client. I would recommend Format Homes
Thank you to all the team at Format Homes.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

Hassle-Free builder,Kept their words as promised - A First home happy customer.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2015

After being to many builders displays,bloggers before start up,happened to enter format homes displays at lightsview and met [Name removed]. From then building journey was so smooth until now.

Fomat Thumps ups
1.Excellent sales man service and so his informative & practical words.
2.Immediate response for custom design changes with reasonable time frame to fix any issues.
3.Above all the quality of standard inclusions covered up all my needs within my budget.
4.After build up service is really good which i am experiencing.

To me,i got my new first house as what i was told by[Name removed].
Had recommended my brother to built with Format and has started now.Also highly recommend any one.
Thanks Format

Regards
Raj

1 of 4 pages

Hi we want to build 2, 3 bedroom 2 bathroom houses on our 795 sq mtr block 6km from Adelaide GPO. Flat block about 17 more frontage, could you please give me a quote I know maybe you need more information but ball park figure so I know where to start from. Yes need to knockdown our house we can arrange that. Regards Danny.I

Danny asked on Mar 20, 2017

Hi Danny,
Thanks for your Question.
We are happy to provide some basic ballpark numbers but do need more information before being able to give you even a remotely realistic figure. Contact us at sales@formathomes.com.au and we'll be able to get you what you need.
Thanks,
Format Homes

Two storey house-price list?

Art Bro asked on Jan 28, 2017

Hi Art Bro,
We are able to give you standard specification prices on our two-storey plans as requested. Please contact us at sales@formathomes.com.au or 08 8443 4555 so we can get you this information.
Kind Regards,
Format Homes

Do you built at Normanville and do you guarantee your timelines with compensation paid to the client if you do not make it?

Donna asked on Jan 21, 2017

Hi Donna,
Yes we do build at Normanville and have done quite a few new homes there in the past.
We shy away from 'guaranteeing' building timelines purely because we take the approach that it is better to do the job properly rather than rush it for the sake of a few weeks. We have a core group of good trades that we use continually as they produce good quality work, and find we get a better result if we give them the time and space to do the job properly. Having said this, over 95% of our new homes are built within the Contractually specified build timeframe.

Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to talking to you when we come down from Qld in May. Cheers Donna

I am currently building with Format. The complete build from contract signature to completion is now expected to be 22-23 months although I still can't get accurate end date. If it was just a matter of a few weeks I wouldn't see an issue but I wouldn't build again without guaranteed timelines with compensation in the contract. I have lost track of the number of times that I have asked for an estimated finish date to be told that they will be able to give one at this milestone. When that milestone arrives and I ask for an accurate time frame and I get given another milestone of when they should know. Most of the estimates have been and gone.

See all 9 questions about Format Homes