Review rating:
Filter By:
  • 2 helpful votes

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried o
nline help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Canberra

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Misleading advertising, Frank 457 overseas cover provides almost no coverage

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

The costs for nearly nothing are high. The only thing that Frank will cover is when you are actually admitted to a hospital, for more than one day. They do NOT COVER emergency services at all! It if quite ridiculous actually, they will cover the ambulance to the emergency room, but not the emergency service itself.

Nowhere in any of the documents and the contract that I had with Frank did it state this important condition, that emergency services are not covered.

UPDATE:

After going to the health ombudsman, Frank paid my claim, which
I appreciate, since they were not legally required to do so. However, until they include the specific clause that emergency services are not covered in their PDS, I'll leave this review at 2 stars.

I really wish that Australia would just allow temporary residents to buy into the public healthcare system, even at double the cost, instead of forcing us into the terrible private health market, which essentially covers nothing anybody needs most of the time.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Bad experience changing funds

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2015

When Frank was supposed to arrange cancellation of my existing fund I was still debited by them putting my bank account into red so no money for food over Easter!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 9 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Not wot u get

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2013

3 weeks ago got a quote and joined as thought WOW very nice . Today got an update $50 above first month payment ( which had been paid but only went for 2 weeks ). It would seem their simple way of doing things ..AINT .So I cancelled today filled out paperwork , scanned , emailed ..2 sorry 3hrs later was ask to fill in the paperwork
I now have to apologise to my previous insurer who was willing to beat Frank .
Plus they said if I come back things maybe dearer

+ Simple

- Simple

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Can I use any chiropracter in Canberra and recieve the same rebate ?

Shc22 asked on Jul 09, 2016

Hi, I am currently with Australian unity but with terrible customer service and huge price rise would like to make a switch, do I get instant cover with no waiting period? Regards, Paula.B

Paula.B asked on Mar 29, 2016

Answer this

yes but you need to ask for a clearance certificate from your insurer and pass it on to new one - but check with them BUPA certainly do it

What is the claiming process? Can i swipe my card at the dentist and pay the difference?

Sharon_Barratt asked on Mar 23, 2016

Answer this

Due to frank being a new insurance company, I have found that not everywhere has it on their system. At the dentist they did and I just paid the gap where as at my optometrist they didn't. I just paid the balance and lodged a claim online with frank and scanned a copy of the invoice and receipt. It only took a couple of minutes. I received the payment from frank within a couple of days.

See all 14 questions about Frank Health Insurance