Filter By:
  • 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Quick to take your money, but not so quick to send out your insurance card

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Quick to sign you up and quick to deduct your money, but not so quick in sending out your card. Its been more than two weeks. I had to call them up and issue a new card. Apparently they wrote down my address wrong inspite of spelling it out to the representative. (They forgot to put in a whole line of the address.) Now I have to wait another 2 weeks to see whether it arrives or not. They are happy to charge you a very high premium, but when requested for the card to be sent using a quicker, they flatly refused. I guess spending $10 to send out the card quickly by registered post to an user in need is gonna cut into their profit margins.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Beware, it looks good THIS year, but it wont last.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Please beware. I changed over to Frank as the cost was so much more affordable. Well, now I am paying for it well and truly with my premiums now going up from $72.75 to $80.45. HOW does that compare with the "average cost rise of 4.8%"?? I am so disappointed in Frank. That is a huge cost increase. More than 10%! I have gone online to query this and whilst the customer service officer was great this is the reasoning I got - "I am very sorry, it really comes down to what policy you are on and what states people are claiming the most. As you are on a popular level of cover and happens to be high claimers on this policy it pushes the prices up.As Frank is a not for profit insurer, Frank only increases premiums to cover the costs of projected claims in the upcoming year and also to cover the cost of running the business." No true explanation, just company jargon. I was also asked if I would like to decrease some of my cover to save on cost. Why should I have to? If it had gone up 5, 6, or even 7% I can deal with that, but to go up THAT much is shameful. I will certainly be looking around once again. Shame that as their customer service is pretty good.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

With my current health insurer we get 2 pairs of glasses each year with no out of pocket expenses. would this be the same with Frank. Can I go to any optometrist or do they have to be frank approved?

Jen asked on May 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jen,
At Frank, we don't have preferred providers, so we pay the same amount back to any provider (as long as they're registered within their field). The % you get back will be based on the type of Extras cover that you take out (up to your annual limit). When it comes to Optical, Frank members who have optical as part of their Extras have access to the following optical discounts https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/members/optical-discounts.
Visit us at https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/ for a quote.
Thanks,
Christina - Team Frank

Hello, Could you please tell me if you are registered under the Private Health Insurance Act 2007? Thank you, Milena

Milena asked on Apr 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Milena,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes Frank health Insurance is a registered Health Insurance provider under the 2007 act. Information on our legal can be found here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/legal

Regards