Filter By:

very fast service - love the online chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

This is not an overall review of the health fund, but just the online chat service, who resolved my query very quickly. So much faster than sitting 'on hold' listening to terrible music

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Blue Mimi! We have to agree that using web chat is quick and easy, but don't be worried about terrible music if you do have to pick up the phone. At Frank, we know nobody likes boring on hol... read more »

No wait time and my question answered clearly in minutes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Awesome service! Was enquiring about swapping to over from one of the big names and the service Emma provided was quick and clear and outstanding - definitely my decision to swap easy. Thanks!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for giving Frank 5 stars Steph! Fantastic to hear that Emma was able to make the experience easy for you. We'll definitely pass on your feedback
Christina, Team Frank

Sydney

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Fast response, great service, friendly staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

I had private health insurance provided by my company and have been through some of the big names such as NIB, and GU Insurance. Now that I left them I had too look for my own so I've signed up with Frank because they were good value after lengthy research over Internet. Was little weary at first because I never heard of them but soon realised it was the best decision I could possibly have over countless insurers out there. I've joined 8 months ago and unfortunately had to make some hospital claims (twice) and the preexisting condition process was really quick and every time I called you get wonderful friendly staff and was never on hold for more than 5 minutes. Long story cut short; great value cover, fast claim process, wonderful online website easy to navigate, friendly staff (looks like they are local here not some offshore call centre), and hardly any wait time on the phone when calling them. This sounds too goo to be true? Well speaking from experience! Well done Frank and I think I'll be with you for looooooooong time :)

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the review Pete! Sorry to hear that you've had a couple of hospital trips this year, but it's great to hear that we could help you get through them quick and easy - Christina @ Team Frank

Questions via free chat with Emma Morris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Free chat was quick to respond. Emma answered all my questions. Will definitely be changing as the insurance provider, I am with now goes up yearly and Frank is $700 a year cheaper with a higher policy limit.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Ken! It's great to hear that you were able to find a cover that works for you and save some money at the same time!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Customer service experience outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

New customer to Frank . I was very impressed with the customer service /support provided by one of the team members "Michelle " . Truly high quality/sincere / helpful . I am hopeful that all my dealings with Frank will prove to be as good so keep up the good work and management please value your team members !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

We're so happy to hear about your experience Jenny! We'll definitely pass on your great feedback to Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.
Regards,
Christina

New Member - Great service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

I have just joined and very impressed with the service and price so far - have saved around $100 a month from our previous health insurer. The web chat is great and I have used this several times and had a response within seconds and my query resolved very quickly. Much better than waiting an hour on the phone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for joining Frank Brie and for the great review! We always recommend web chat as a starting point for questions - it's much quicker than the phone (and lets you multi-task online at the same time).
Regards,
Christina

Very quick sign up & cancel, low cost, perfect for 457visa initial setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

This policy is best for people looking for a Visa compliance letter and quick set up and cancel. Their web chat is very responsive and prompt. It is probably the most economical option for those starting up in the country.

Wangi Wangi

Private message

Frank - easy join, low cost...hopeful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Seems good value - came on via iselect. Main reason for taking action was price. Locked into low price prior to April 1 2017 price rise by paying a year up front....I considered it worthwhile.
Will have to wait and see how the service is - hopefully good, although taking insurance is usually a case of hoping not to have to claim - it is a fall back in case of trouble.
My direct contact so far with Frank has been through their online chat which was helpful - Danielle able to get my enquiry sorted out promptly and to my satisfaction.
I will put up another review down the track if I do need to claim.

Live chat works great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Easy to talk to their customer service, the call/chat queues are very quick to respond, and the staff are empowered to actually help, I don't get the run-around on my queries.

Fast customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I am just so amazed at the communication convience Frank provides to its stakehoders. I used to be a NIB client. I waited for more than 6 minutes on the phone to contact NIB but still did not wait for my turn. However, I started in a second to chat with a Frank employee through the WebChat! It's such a pleasant start with Frank. The ease of communication with Frank confirms that my decision to join Frank is right!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the 5 stars Ningjia! Web chat is a fast and super easy way of getting in touch with a Frank team member. Operating 8am to 8pm AEST Monday to Friday, there's plenty of hours in the day to chat to Frank!

Sydney

Verified Purchase

Easy to sign up and easy to cancel!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I got Frank before I moved to Australia and it was very easy and super fast to get the letter for immigration.

After some weeks of living in Sydney, my company got my another health insurance and it took me maybe 5 minutes to cancel Frank! Their Costumer Support is very impressive!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Lucas. Sorry to see you go, but we're happy to hear you were impressed with the ease and service. Enjoy your time in Australia!

Good value cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I never needed to use my insurance, but it was an excellent price. Recommended if you need cover for tax purposes (or to avoid lifetime health loading later) but aren't expecting to use it. Be aware the cheapest option doesn't cover any private hospital treatment at all.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! If you would like a quote on Frank’s alternative hospital covers don’t be afraid to get in touch.
Thanks again
Team Frank

1 of 18 pages

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

With my current health insurer we get 2 pairs of glasses each year with no out of pocket expenses. would this be the same with Frank. Can I go to any optometrist or do they have to be frank approved?

Jen asked on May 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jen,
At Frank, we don't have preferred providers, so we pay the same amount back to any provider (as long as they're registered within their field). The % you get back will be based on the type of Extras cover that you take out (up to your annual limit). When it comes to Optical, Frank members who have optical as part of their Extras have access to the following optical discounts https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/members/optical-discounts.
Visit us at https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/ for a quote.
Thanks,
Christina - Team Frank

Hello, Could you please tell me if you are registered under the Private Health Insurance Act 2007? Thank you, Milena

Milena asked on Apr 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Milena,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes Frank health Insurance is a registered Health Insurance provider under the 2007 act. Information on our legal can be found here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/legal

Regards