Filter By:

Goaford

• 8 helpful votes

No cover for accident

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2015

My 3 year old daughter fell and got a big, deep splinter in her foot. Upon scans and booking her into the private hospital I then get a call from hospital saying Frank won't cover her as they do not seem this to be an accident!!!!
Then to make matters worse each customer service rep would give me conflicting information.
No need to pay for private health cover with Frank as it's not covered anyway.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes

Absolutely horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

Still cant cancel because no one answers the fukn phone. Dont pay claims. Waited 2hrs 3 times no answer. Keep charging tho

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Fantastic Services - Incredibly Easy Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

I have been with Frank for almost two years now. I LOVE that I get 80% back, and that claiming is so fast and easy. The only downfall would be that I just don't use my cover enough, but thats my fault not Franks! I definitely recommend Frank to friends and family.

+ Easy claiming; fast friendly service; has given me fantastic customer service!

- Not being able to claim some expenses online in members areas, but can easily be claimed through email.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Worst Health Fund in the known Universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

The policy represents good value at a glance but saving $20 a month isn't worth being $10k out of pocket if you ever receive treatment from these guys.

Fact: Frank pay 120% of the MBS fee which in this day and age is grossly insufficient with what doctors charge.and almost guarantees to leave you out of pocket.

Fact: Frank pay well under the state average of Hospital Costs in EVERY state in Australia, No biggie hospital costs aren't the sort of thing people expect to be covered for with their health cover anyway.

Fact: Well under the
Gap cover rating score in EVERY state in Australia, not to worry im sure those 185 employees I mean customers who left the good reviews didn't find that to be the case right. Hey NIB suddenly aren't looking so reprehensible with their pathetic Gap cover offerings.

Fact: Unless your some elderly Ms with 17 cats or some poindexter who chose clarinet over footy at high school you're probably not going to go on a review site and leave a review of the wonderful time they had with their insurance. They all seem to be 1 review people as well mmm interesting surely they couldnt be employees of the company could they, and that a very positve result on product review which doesnt really match up with real they have the 4th worst retention levels of all the 33 funds.

Do yourself a favor people smarten up and give these clowns a wide birth, they are an embarrassment and a joke and contrary to their ads make no mistake about it you will hate them.

Melbourne

Private message

They cancelled the membership but NO REFUND!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Had to pay the first month for the OVHC so inlaws were covered upon arrival in Australia, but a week later Frank Insurance cancels the membership and NO REFUND! I explained to them that immigration wanted a specific health insurance and they were going to accept whatever I found (even if it was specific to working visa) as long as it met immigration requirement (8501 compliant), but no empathy on their part. However they were HAPPY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR A SERVICE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE!

Mitterer

Private message

how is a estimated 4 minute wait some 20+ minutes?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

Is this another case of once we are a member answering our calls are no longer a priority? Disappointing. Also last time I needed to make an on line claim it took some 3 months to enact. Cheaper in not always better.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there. We're so sorry for the delay. This is our busiest time of year and we do try to answer as quickly as possible. I can assure you that the team are working really hard! The estimated wait t... read more »

Eumundi, Queensland

Verified Purchase

Incorrect information given online and zero customer service offered to resolve fault.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2015

Frank promoted themselves as on online company so we decided to join online two days before the 1 April price rise. We followed the Frank website joining process and gave payment details for two annual premiums. The generated acceptance emails advised our policy started 30 March 2015. We read all the information given during the sign up process and selected their joining offer of waiver of waiting periods.

Three days later, and after the price rise we both received emails with adviice of a premium increases. We generated an email back as
king why. After no response in their given 3 day response time frame, my daughter rang and was advised prices had increased as they did not bill from the website, but at a batch time post 1 April, so new rates applied. And they would no honour the web sign up details even though they admitted the website was at fault, but that was our problem as we did not look under the area for prices post 1 April. Why would we, it did not apply as we where joining on 30 March!
I then rang to question this invalid website sign up correspondence and was parroted the same reasons. Not prepared to honour their website sign up generated paperwork. They could not cancel payment process without 7 days notice as it was batched.

We cancelled our annual policies and then had to wait till 30 April to have our funds returnrd. Email responses not answered inside their given 3 day time frame, no interest in resolving our situation because their website process was incorrect.

From our perspective a poor experience, we had to pay higher post 1 April rates with another insurer and lost the opportunity for bonus offers available in the market place at the time.

Gold Coast

Verified Purchase

Frank Health Insurer is misleading overseas customers holding working visa cover

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Recently when I got into hospital with a minor injury I was confident that Accidental Injuries are coved by Frank, however I was given a $750 bill for 20 minutes appointment with hospital staff and, as turned, Accidental Injuries were not covered. So, this provider is very clever, as you will find on their working visa cover overview on the left-hand side, where they put the heading "What's covered" also what is not covered but it looks from first sight they cover everything and I was caught by that. This is misleading and also unethical and my first point is that the health insurer has to highlight the word "except" on the left-hand side for its customers to pay more attention to it, because the insurer put ticks for those services which are not covered in the same column under the heading "What's covered". In my point of view the provider had to put crosses not ticks or put all not-covered services on the right-hand side under the heading “What’s not covered”. Another point is that the working visa cover is mostly for internationals, for them English is a second language, so all the Information should be presented simply, clearly and without any tricks. I agree with another person that even if this insurance is cheap your cover is expensive because it covers almost nothing - 7 services are covered and 21 are not. I advise all new customers to read carefully and ask for a professional help before joining Frank in order to avoid creasy bills.

Canberra

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Misleading advertising, Frank 457 overseas cover provides almost no coverage

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

The costs for nearly nothing are high. The only thing that Frank will cover is when you are actually admitted to a hospital, for more than one day. They do NOT COVER emergency services at all! It if quite ridiculous actually, they will cover the ambulance to the emergency room, but not the emergency service itself.

Nowhere in any of the documents and the contract that I had with Frank did it state this important condition, that emergency services are not covered.

UPDATE:

After going to the health ombudsman, Frank paid my claim, which
I appreciate, since they were not legally required to do so. However, until they include the specific clause that emergency services are not covered in their PDS, I'll leave this review at 2 stars.

I really wish that Australia would just allow temporary residents to buy into the public healthcare system, even at double the cost, instead of forcing us into the terrible private health market, which essentially covers nothing anybody needs most of the time.

Insurance claim made

Fantastic customer service- quick and simple claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2016

Sign up process was very simple online with the assistance of the online chat. Within 48 hours of signing up I received a phone call from Frank to go over my cover and discuss coverage with me. Very professional and helpful. I have made a couple of claims online- very simple and quick process. I received my refund amount to my bank account the next business day, no fuss, no hassle.
Extras cover is very generous compared to some of the well known mainstream providers- will recommend Frank to whomever will listen.
So far extremely happy with the experience of being insured with Frank!!

1 of 20 pages