Filter By:

• 8 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Absolutely horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

Still cant cancel because no one answers the fukn phone. Dont pay claims. Waited 2hrs 3 times no answer. Keep charging tho

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Goaford

• 8 helpful votes

No cover for accident

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2015

My 3 year old daughter fell and got a big, deep splinter in her foot. Upon scans and booking her into the private hospital I then get a call from hospital saying Frank won't cover her as they do not seem this to be an accident!!!!
Then to make matters worse each customer service rep would give me conflicting information.
No need to pay for private health cover with Frank as it's not covered anyway.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Fantastic Services - Incredibly Easy Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

I have been with Frank for almost two years now. I LOVE that I get 80% back, and that claiming is so fast and easy. The only downfall would be that I just don't use my cover enough, but thats my fault not Franks! I definitely recommend Frank to friends and family.

+ Easy claiming; fast friendly service; has given me fantastic customer service!

- Not being able to claim some expenses online in members areas, but can easily be claimed through email.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Insurance claim made

Worst Health Fund in the known Universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

The policy represents good value at a glance but saving $20 a month isn't worth being $10k out of pocket if you ever receive treatment from these guys.

Fact: Frank pay 120% of the MBS fee which in this day and age is grossly insufficient with what doctors charge.and almost guarantees to leave you out of pocket.

Fact: Frank pay well under the state average of Hospital Costs in EVERY state in Australia, No biggie hospital costs aren't the sort of thing people expect to be covered for with their health cover anyway.

Fact: Well under the
Gap cover rating score in EVERY state in Australia, not to worry im sure those 185 employees I mean customers who left the good reviews didn't find that to be the case right. Hey NIB suddenly aren't looking so reprehensible with their pathetic Gap cover offerings.

Fact: Unless your some elderly Ms with 17 cats or some poindexter who chose clarinet over footy at high school you're probably not going to go on a review site and leave a review of the wonderful time they had with their insurance. They all seem to be 1 review people as well mmm interesting surely they couldnt be employees of the company could they, and that a very positve result on product review which doesnt really match up with real they have the 4th worst retention levels of all the 33 funds.

Do yourself a favor people smarten up and give these clowns a wide birth, they are an embarrassment and a joke and contrary to their ads make no mistake about it you will hate them.

Melbourne

Private message

They cancelled the membership but NO REFUND!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Had to pay the first month for the OVHC so inlaws were covered upon arrival in Australia, but a week later Frank Insurance cancels the membership and NO REFUND! I explained to them that immigration wanted a specific health insurance and they were going to accept whatever I found (even if it was specific to working visa) as long as it met immigration requirement (8501 compliant), but no empathy on their part. However they were HAPPY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR A SERVICE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE!

Mitterer

Private message

how is a estimated 4 minute wait some 20+ minutes?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

Is this another case of once we are a member answering our calls are no longer a priority? Disappointing. Also last time I needed to make an on line claim it took some 3 months to enact. Cheaper in not always better.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there. We're so sorry for the delay. This is our busiest time of year and we do try to answer as quickly as possible. I can assure you that the team are working really hard! The estimated wait t... read more »

Eumundi, Queensland

Verified Purchase

Incorrect information given online and zero customer service offered to resolve fault.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2015

Frank promoted themselves as on online company so we decided to join online two days before the 1 April price rise. We followed the Frank website joining process and gave payment details for two annual premiums. The generated acceptance emails advised our policy started 30 March 2015. We read all the information given during the sign up process and selected their joining offer of waiver of waiting periods.

Three days later, and after the price rise we both received emails with adviice of a premium increases. We generated an email back as
king why. After no response in their given 3 day response time frame, my daughter rang and was advised prices had increased as they did not bill from the website, but at a batch time post 1 April, so new rates applied. And they would no honour the web sign up details even though they admitted the website was at fault, but that was our problem as we did not look under the area for prices post 1 April. Why would we, it did not apply as we where joining on 30 March!
I then rang to question this invalid website sign up correspondence and was parroted the same reasons. Not prepared to honour their website sign up generated paperwork. They could not cancel payment process without 7 days notice as it was batched.

We cancelled our annual policies and then had to wait till 30 April to have our funds returnrd. Email responses not answered inside their given 3 day time frame, no interest in resolving our situation because their website process was incorrect.

From our perspective a poor experience, we had to pay higher post 1 April rates with another insurer and lost the opportunity for bonus offers available in the market place at the time.

Melbourne

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried o
nline help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

Gold Coast

Verified Purchase

Frank Health Insurer is misleading overseas customers holding working visa cover

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2016

Recently when I got into hospital with a minor injury I was confident that Accidental Injuries are coved by Frank, however I was given a $750 bill for 20 minutes appointment with hospital staff and, as turned, Accidental Injuries were not covered. So, this provider is very clever, as you will find on their working visa cover overview on the left-hand side, where they put the heading "What's covered" also what is not covered but it looks from first sight they cover everything and I was caught by that. This is misleading and also unethical and my first point is that the health insurer has to highlight the word "except" on the left-hand side for its customers to pay more attention to it, because the insurer put ticks for those services which are not covered in the same column under the heading "What's covered". In my point of view the provider had to put crosses not ticks or put all not-covered services on the right-hand side under the heading “What’s not covered”. Another point is that the working visa cover is mostly for internationals, for them English is a second language, so all the Information should be presented simply, clearly and without any tricks. I agree with another person that even if this insurance is cheap your cover is expensive because it covers almost nothing - 7 services are covered and 21 are not. I advise all new customers to read carefully and ask for a professional help before joining Frank in order to avoid creasy bills.

1 of 21 pages

Hi , Currently with GMHBA looking for cheaper cover @ 72 looking for top hospital cover for myself and my wife. Please advise?

Paul asked on Mar 11, 2017

Hi I'm looking into private health policies now with the view to be adequately covered for my specific future requirements. Does your policies cove spinal surgery at St Vincents hospital Sydney ? If so what policy level will I need as a single male 62 years old .what will be the monthly premium and what is the out of pocket expense for Dr fees Hospital fees etc Thank you Mark

Mark asked on Feb 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mark, Thankyou for your enquiry. If you are wanting private hospital cover with the benefit of a single room I would recommend having a look at Frank's Best Hospital cover (no pregnancy option). In regards to spinal surgery as long as the procedure you are looking at having done has a medical item number assigned to it by Medicare then you will be able to claim on a cover that includes this service. St Vincents is a participating private hospital with Frank.
Unfortunately I don't have enough information to provide you with a quote but we can certainly get one for you if you send us an email at frank@frankhealthinsurance.com.au. In the email please include your date of birth, residential state, Australian government rebate tier (more information on this is here if you are unsure https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/government-rebate), if the cover is just for yourself or for a family, if you have had cover previously or if this will be your first time taking out health insurance (this is so we can calculate the correct amount of Lifetime Health Cover loading to apply - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/lifetime-health-cover-loading) and also mention that you are wanting a quote for Frank Best Hospital (no pregnancy). It's a lot of information but all these different factors can affect the cost of the policy.
Regards,
Kim
Frank Health Insurance

Hi Mark. Unfortunately the Frank Representative did not answer your question regarding the out-of-pocket fees for your surgery, as it is very important to understand the source of out-of-pocket fees. It is your treating doctors who will determine what your out-of-pocket fees will be. For spinal surgery you will almost certainly have at least 3 doctors involved and each of them may charge you out-of-pocket fees. You may also be liable for out-of-pocket fees for any pathology or radiology services that you use, and off course your health fund will also charge you an excess to use it's policy.

The health insurer that you choose also has some bearing on your out-of-pocket fees because the health funds reimburse doctors at different rates. I won't go through all the reimbursement rates for the individual funds but I can tell you for a fact that Frank insurance has the equal lowest reimbursement rates for doctors, so this might equate to higher out-of-pocket fees for Frank members. If you want to read more about the sources & reasons for out-of-pocket fees then visit http://surgery.comxa.com.

Can I use any chiropracter in Canberra and recieve the same rebate ?

Shc22 asked on Jul 09, 2016