Filter By:

• 9 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Absolutely horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

Still cant cancel because no one answers the fukn phone. Dont pay claims. Waited 2hrs 3 times no answer. Keep charging tho

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Goaford

• 8 helpful votes

No cover for accident

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2015

My 3 year old daughter fell and got a big, deep splinter in her foot. Upon scans and booking her into the private hospital I then get a call from hospital saying Frank won't cover her as they do not seem this to be an accident!!!!
Then to make matters worse each customer service rep would give me conflicting information.
No need to pay for private health cover with Frank as it's not covered anyway.

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Insurance claim made

Worst Health Fund in the known Universe

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

The policy represents good value at a glance but saving $20 a month isn't worth being $10k out of pocket if you ever receive treatment from these guys.

Fact: Frank pay 120% of the MBS fee which in this day and age is grossly insufficient with what doctors charge.and almost guarantees to leave you out of pocket.

Fact: Frank pay well under the state average of Hospital Costs in EVERY state in Australia, No biggie hospital costs aren't the sort of thing people expect to be covered for with their health cover anyway.

Fact: Well under the
Gap cover rating score in EVERY state in Australia, not to worry im sure those 185 employees I mean customers who left the good reviews didn't find that to be the case right. Hey NIB suddenly aren't looking so reprehensible with their pathetic Gap cover offerings.

Fact: Unless your some elderly Ms with 17 cats or some poindexter who chose clarinet over footy at high school you're probably not going to go on a review site and leave a review of the wonderful time they had with their insurance. They all seem to be 1 review people as well mmm interesting surely they couldnt be employees of the company could they, and that a very positve result on product review which doesnt really match up with real they have the 4th worst retention levels of all the 33 funds.

Do yourself a favor people smarten up and give these clowns a wide birth, they are an embarrassment and a joke and contrary to their ads make no mistake about it you will hate them.

Melbourne

Private message

They cancelled the membership but NO REFUND!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

Had to pay the first month for the OVHC so inlaws were covered upon arrival in Australia, but a week later Frank Insurance cancels the membership and NO REFUND! I explained to them that immigration wanted a specific health insurance and they were going to accept whatever I found (even if it was specific to working visa) as long as it met immigration requirement (8501 compliant), but no empathy on their part. However they were HAPPY TO ACCEPT PAYMENT FOR A SERVICE THEY DIDN'T PROVIDE!

Mitterer

Private message

how is a estimated 4 minute wait some 20+ minutes?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2016

Is this another case of once we are a member answering our calls are no longer a priority? Disappointing. Also last time I needed to make an on line claim it took some 3 months to enact. Cheaper in not always better.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there. We're so sorry for the delay. This is our busiest time of year and we do try to answer as quickly as possible. I can assure you that the team are working really hard! The estimated wait t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 6 helpful votes

Fantastic Services - Incredibly Easy Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

I have been with Frank for almost two years now. I LOVE that I get 80% back, and that claiming is so fast and easy. The only downfall would be that I just don't use my cover enough, but thats my fault not Franks! I definitely recommend Frank to friends and family.

+ Easy claiming; fast friendly service; has given me fantastic customer service!

- Not being able to claim some expenses online in members areas, but can easily be claimed through email.

Melbourne

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried o
nline help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

The worst customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2015

On the two occasions that I spoke with customer service I experienced the worst customer service I've ever received. I found the staff to be condescending and lazy. Completely unhelpful. Whenever I asked a question about their health cover (which is what customer service is there for???) they would ask "is it on the website?" I would say "I'm not sure" and they would reply "try looking it up on the website". These guys may be cheap but so are their customer service team.

Eumundi, Queensland

Verified Purchase

Incorrect information given online and zero customer service offered to resolve fault.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2015

Frank promoted themselves as on online company so we decided to join online two days before the 1 April price rise. We followed the Frank website joining process and gave payment details for two annual premiums. The generated acceptance emails advised our policy started 30 March 2015. We read all the information given during the sign up process and selected their joining offer of waiver of waiting periods.

Three days later, and after the price rise we both received emails with adviice of a premium increases. We generated an email back as
king why. After no response in their given 3 day response time frame, my daughter rang and was advised prices had increased as they did not bill from the website, but at a batch time post 1 April, so new rates applied. And they would no honour the web sign up details even though they admitted the website was at fault, but that was our problem as we did not look under the area for prices post 1 April. Why would we, it did not apply as we where joining on 30 March!
I then rang to question this invalid website sign up correspondence and was parroted the same reasons. Not prepared to honour their website sign up generated paperwork. They could not cancel payment process without 7 days notice as it was batched.

We cancelled our annual policies and then had to wait till 30 April to have our funds returnrd. Email responses not answered inside their given 3 day time frame, no interest in resolving our situation because their website process was incorrect.

From our perspective a poor experience, we had to pay higher post 1 April rates with another insurer and lost the opportunity for bonus offers available in the market place at the time.

1 of 21 pages

Hello, Could you please tell me if you are registered under the Private Health Insurance Act 2007? Thank you, Milena

Milena asked on Apr 12, 2017

Hi Milena,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes Frank health Insurance is a registered Health Insurance provider under the 2007 act. Information on our legal can be found here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/legal

Regards
Danielle

Hi there, I am currently with AHM on one of the top hospital covers for more then 7 years. So all waiting terms being served far ago. Probably I will need some minor hand surgery which currently covered by existing AHM cover. Would it be the waiting period for surgery waved if I switched to similar level hospital cover at your company ? Thanks. Michael

Mich asked on Apr 06, 2017

Hi Michael,

The waiting periods you served long ago with AHM transfer to us. You would only have to serve waiting periods for services not covered with AHM, so if you need surgery on your hand and its covered with them it will be covered with us.
Call us on 1300 4 37 265 to discuss plan options or Alternatively check out a quote here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/quote#step/about-you

Kind Regards
Danielle

Hi , Currently with GMHBA looking for cheaper cover @ 72 looking for top hospital cover for myself and my wife. Please advise?

Paul asked on Mar 11, 2017

Hi Paul,

To give you an accurate quote we need to ask you a few questions. Please contact us on 1300 4 37265 or Alternatively get a quote here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/quote#step/about-you

Regards