Filter By:

Questions via free chat with Emma Morris

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Free chat was quick to respond. Emma answered all my questions. Will definitely be changing as the insurance provider, I am with now goes up yearly and Frank is $700 a year cheaper with a higher policy limit.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Ken! It's great to hear that you were able to find a cover that works for you and save some money at the same time!

mt martha

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Be careful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Make sure you write down the date, the time and the person you spoke to. Otherwise they just ignore any of your requests and even though they say all conversations are recorded they are not interested in helping you.
I rang and cancelled because I realised the terms were not suitable for us. They still took money from our account and pretended they never got the cancel call. You may be saving some money but there is no ambulance cover.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Iris, I'm sorry to hear that you've had this experience with Frank. We'd like to look into this further for you - could you please email your details and member number to management@frankhealth... read more »

Thankyou for your kind response. I can say we were pleased with the insurance price we were quoted but the staff we spoke to did not give us the correct information regarding ambulance cover. The... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Quick to take your money, but not so quick to send out your insurance card

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Quick to sign you up and quick to deduct your money, but not so quick in sending out your card. Its been more than two weeks. I had to call them up and issue a new card. Apparently they wrote down my address wrong inspite of spelling it out to the representative. (They forgot to put in a whole line of the address.) Now I have to wait another 2 weeks to see whether it arrives or not. They are happy to charge you a very high premium, but when requested for the card to be sent using a quicker, they flatly refused. I guess spending $10 to send out the card quickly by registered post to an user in need is gonna cut into their profit margins.

Customer service experience outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

New customer to Frank . I was very impressed with the customer service /support provided by one of the team members "Michelle " . Truly high quality/sincere / helpful . I am hopeful that all my dealings with Frank will prove to be as good so keep up the good work and management please value your team members !

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

We're so happy to hear about your experience Jenny! We'll definitely pass on your great feedback to Michelle. Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

New Member - Great service so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

I have just joined and very impressed with the service and price so far - have saved around $100 a month from our previous health insurer. The web chat is great and I have used this several times and had a response within seconds and my query resolved very quickly. Much better than waiting an hour on the phone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for joining Frank Brie and for the great review! We always recommend web chat as a starting point for questions - it's much quicker than the phone (and lets you multi-task online at the same time).

Brisbane

Verified Purchase

Cheap things aren't good.. Misleading Customers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I purchased the frank insurance couple of days ago, OVHC 485 visa. Member no. 298598

I purchased on 18th of March 2017, the cover is so confusing that i thought the Gp services are covered but anyhow it wasn't and then i planned to cancel the service to get my refund. I called up frank asked for refund and the lady told me you can buy another insurance first from a different company and then call us back for the refund. I did the same paid $250 to other company for medical insurance and called frank back and the guy who answered said we can'
t refund you the money as you just purchased couple of days ago which is less then a month. I mean i paid for full month and what do i get nothing!!! I paid other company aswell so in total i am losing $380. They are misleading people.

Someone truly said cheap things aren't good and i understood it today.

Hope your company survives in future by ripping people off !!

Really disappointed

Chirag

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Chirag, we're sorry that you have had a negative experience with Frank, it's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our other reviews, lots of members are super happy a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

VERY HELPFUL WEBCHAT

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2017

Having just switched to Frank Health Insurance, I had a number of queries which I raised with Frank Customer Service via webchat. The person I was dealing with was extremely helpful and dealt with all of my queries quickly and efficiently and she was very helpful.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for taking the time to write a review TD49. Great to hear that you were able to get the quick answers you needed through our web chat!

Private message

Beware, it looks good THIS year, but it wont last.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Please beware. I changed over to Frank as the cost was so much more affordable. Well, now I am paying for it well and truly with my premiums now going up from $72.75 to $80.45. HOW does that compare with the "average cost rise of 4.8%"?? I am so disappointed in Frank. That is a huge cost increase. More than 10%! I have gone online to query this and whilst the customer service officer was great this is the reasoning I got - "I am very sorry, it really comes down to what policy you are on and what states people are claiming the most. As you are on a popular level of cover and happens to be high claimers on this policy it pushes the prices up.As Frank is a not for profit insurer, Frank only increases premiums to cover the costs of projected claims in the upcoming year and also to cover the cost of running the business." No true explanation, just company jargon. I was also asked if I would like to decrease some of my cover to save on cost. Why should I have to? If it had gone up 5, 6, or even 7% I can deal with that, but to go up THAT much is shameful. I will certainly be looking around once again. Shame that as their customer service is pretty good.

Brisbane

• 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

AVOID if you want a stress-free experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Terrible customer service -- rude and surly on the phone. Unreasonable wait times when being transferred to relevant teams -- 46 minute wait for cancellation team.
Would not accept any wrongdoing when I disputed something.
Are desperate not to be hated (a lot of their marketing is concerned with this) but it's hard not to hate them.
Very frustrating company to deal with.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very quick sign up & cancel, low cost, perfect for 457visa initial setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

This policy is best for people looking for a Visa compliance letter and quick set up and cancel. Their web chat is very responsive and prompt. It is probably the most economical option for those starting up in the country.

Wangi Wangi

Private message

Frank - easy join, low cost...hopeful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Seems good value - came on via iselect. Main reason for taking action was price. Locked into low price prior to April 1 2017 price rise by paying a year up front....I considered it worthwhile.
Will have to wait and see how the service is - hopefully good, although taking insurance is usually a case of hoping not to have to claim - it is a fall back in case of trouble.
My direct contact so far with Frank has been through their online chat which was helpful - Danielle able to get my enquiry sorted out promptly and to my satisfaction.
I will put up another review down the track if I do need to claim.

Verified Purchase

Live chat works great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Easy to talk to their customer service, the call/chat queues are very quick to respond, and the staff are empowered to actually help, I don't get the run-around on my queries.

1 of 21 pages

Hello, Could you please tell me if you are registered under the Private Health Insurance Act 2007? Thank you, Milena

Milena asked on Apr 12, 2017

Hi Milena,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes Frank health Insurance is a registered Health Insurance provider under the 2007 act. Information on our legal can be found here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/legal

Regards
Danielle

Hi there, I am currently with AHM on one of the top hospital covers for more then 7 years. So all waiting terms being served far ago. Probably I will need some minor hand surgery which currently covered by existing AHM cover. Would it be the waiting period for surgery waved if I switched to similar level hospital cover at your company ? Thanks. Michael

Mich asked on Apr 06, 2017

Hi Michael,

The waiting periods you served long ago with AHM transfer to us. You would only have to serve waiting periods for services not covered with AHM, so if you need surgery on your hand and its covered with them it will be covered with us.
Call us on 1300 4 37 265 to discuss plan options or Alternatively check out a quote here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/quote#step/about-you

Kind Regards
Danielle

Hi , Currently with GMHBA looking for cheaper cover @ 72 looking for top hospital cover for myself and my wife. Please advise?

Paul asked on Mar 11, 2017

Hi Paul,

To give you an accurate quote we need to ask you a few questions. Please contact us on 1300 4 37265 or Alternatively get a quote here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/quote#step/about-you

Regards