Filter By:

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Go elsewhere or stay sharp for when they inevitably rip you off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Signed up to frank a year ago because I needed an insulin pump. Made this clear to them, and the pump company also notified them. Was told sure no problem, you just need to be on a wait list for a year first. Now here I am a year later and my claim was rejected, apparently several months ago they sent a single email notifying me terms had changed, buried in that pumps were excluded. Silly me for missing a single email, there goes a year of a useless insurance policy. They said my only option now is to sign up for a more expensive policy and wait another year (provided they don't pull the same thing).

Prompt reply and quick resolution to issue

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

Prompt reply and quick resolution to issue.
The executive has responded quickly and updated the required details on my policy.
Good service by Frank.Web chat is very helpful and easy to communicate and get the things done.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Gopala,
Thanks for taking the time to review Frank! We are pleased to hear you enjoy our web chat option. Thanks again for dropping by.

Good value cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I never needed to use my insurance, but it was an excellent price. Recommended if you need cover for tax purposes (or to avoid lifetime health loading later) but aren't expecting to use it. Be aware the cheapest option doesn't cover any private hospital treatment at all.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! If you would like a quote on Frank’s alternative hospital covers don’t be afraid to get in touch.
Thanks again

Quick & efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Had queries regarding my current basic hospital cover if upgrading to better hospital - Sarena was very knowledgeable and was easy to chat to online - no issues with waiting to be answered - not used my hospital cover as yet but I must say having the 48% LHC loading bites a bit when paying the premium - only 2 more years before it is removed - premiums are very good when compared to other funds.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Susan,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We will pass this into Sarena also.
Melissa

Insurance claim made

Have been with Frank for a number of years - very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I changed to Frank a number of years ago after being with NIB for years and years. I have never had a problem with a claim, I get way more back than I ever did with NIB and I love dealing with them using the online chat as it is much faster than the phone and I can get a transcript of the chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Tania, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you are a Happy Frank Member.

good health fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

- Top extras is good value for money with 80% back on all included items
- Easy to set up & customer service are easy over the phone and on the online chat - yes you can actually get things done using the online chat, talking to real people
- Don't plan on leaving them anytime soon!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Fra, thanks for taking time out to review Frank! We love web chat too - it definitely helps our members save time when they need to get in touch with us

Sydney

Insurance claim made

Very poor - cheaper for a reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Cheaper for a reason, do not use the online claiming portal, if there is any issue they will simply not listen to you and mark complaints as resolved without actually resolving them. Arrogant, dreadful and were reported to the NSW health ombudsman. I immediately cancelled two health insurance memberships with them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Awful services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I've been a Frank member since a year ago. It's shocking that they don't even pay you back what you pay for a GP!!! I'm paying 75$/ month! I don't know what will i be covered for! Nothing

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Hossein, our covers don't include benefits for GP fees as these aren't in hospital medical costs. We understand that there is lots of information when joining a health insurance cover and this c... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried o
nline help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

The phone 'cue' was 20 minutes long as stated right at the beginning of the call, so I went for the chat option and had my challenge handled extremely efficiently and effectively.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Jared! We've been super busy lately, so we apologise for the long queues. However, web chat is always a good option! Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We really appreciate it!
Jessica

Insurance claim made

Super helpful, friendly staff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I just had a web chat with Mel and she was great - friendly, helpful and informative. I highly recommend Frank! They have great benefits back on extras and it's easy to get in contact with them via web chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Kristy! Nice to hear from you again :) I'll pass on the fabulous feedback to Mel. She'll be stoked.
Jessica

1 of 20 pages

Hi I'm looking into private health policies now with the view to be adequately covered for my specific future requirements. Does your policies cove spinal surgery at St Vincents hospital Sydney ? If so what policy level will I need as a single male 62 years old .what will be the monthly premium and what is the out of pocket expense for Dr fees Hospital fees etc Thank you Mark

Mark asked on Feb 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mark, Thankyou for your enquiry. If you are wanting private hospital cover with the benefit of a single room I would recommend having a look at Frank's Best Hospital cover (no pregnancy option). In regards to spinal surgery as long as the procedure you are looking at having done has a medical item number assigned to it by Medicare then you will be able to claim on a cover that includes this service. St Vincents is a participating private hospital with Frank.
Unfortunately I don't have enough information to provide you with a quote but we can certainly get one for you if you send us an email at frank@frankhealthinsurance.com.au. In the email please include your date of birth, residential state, Australian government rebate tier (more information on this is here if you are unsure https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/government-rebate), if the cover is just for yourself or for a family, if you have had cover previously or if this will be your first time taking out health insurance (this is so we can calculate the correct amount of Lifetime Health Cover loading to apply - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/lifetime-health-cover-loading) and also mention that you are wanting a quote for Frank Best Hospital (no pregnancy). It's a lot of information but all these different factors can affect the cost of the policy.
Regards,
Kim
Frank Health Insurance

Hi Mark. Unfortunately the Frank Representative did not answer your question regarding the out-of-pocket fees for your surgery, as it is very important to understand the source of out-of-pocket fees. It is your treating doctors who will determine what your out-of-pocket fees will be. For spinal surgery you will almost certainly have at least 3 doctors involved and each of them may charge you out-of-pocket fees. You may also be liable for out-of-pocket fees for any pathology or radiology services that you use, and off course your health fund will also charge you an excess to use it's policy.

The health insurer that you choose also has some bearing on your out-of-pocket fees because the health funds reimburse doctors at different rates. I won't go through all the reimbursement rates for the individual funds but I can tell you for a fact that Frank insurance has the equal lowest reimbursement rates for doctors, so this might equate to higher out-of-pocket fees for Frank members. If you want to read more about the sources & reasons for out-of-pocket fees then visit http://surgery.comxa.com.

Can I use any chiropracter in Canberra and recieve the same rebate ?

Shc22 asked on Jul 09, 2016

Hi, I am currently with Australian unity but with terrible customer service and huge price rise would like to make a switch, do I get instant cover with no waiting period? Regards, Paula.B

Paula.B asked on Mar 29, 2016

Answer this

yes but you need to ask for a clearance certificate from your insurer and pass it on to new one - but check with them BUPA certainly do it

See all 15 questions about Frank Health Insurance