Filter By:

Insurance claim made

Have been with Frank for a number of years - very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I changed to Frank a number of years ago after being with NIB for years and years. I have never had a problem with a claim, I get way more back than I ever did with NIB and I love dealing with them using the online chat as it is much faster than the phone and I can get a transcript of the chat.

good health fund

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

- Top extras is good value for money with 80% back on all included items
- Easy to set up & customer service are easy over the phone and on the online chat - yes you can actually get things done using the online chat, talking to real people
- Don't plan on leaving them anytime soon!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Fra, thanks for taking time out to review Frank! We love web chat too - it definitely helps our members save time when they need to get in touch with us

Insurance claim made

Very poor - cheaper for a reason

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Cheaper for a reason, do not use the online claiming portal, if there is any issue they will simply not listen to you and mark complaints as resolved without actually resolving them. Arrogant, dreadful and were reported to the NSW health ombudsman. I immediately cancelled two health insurance memberships with them.

Awful services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I've been a Frank member since a year ago. It's shocking that they don't even pay you back what you pay for a GP!!! I'm paying 75$/ month! I don't know what will i be covered for! Nothing

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Hossein, our covers don't include benefits for GP fees as these aren't in hospital medical costs. We understand that there is lots of information when joining a health insurance cover and this c... read more »

Melbourne

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried o
nline help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

Very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

The phone 'cue' was 20 minutes long as stated right at the beginning of the call, so I went for the chat option and had my challenge handled extremely efficiently and effectively.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Jared! We've been super busy lately, so we apologise for the long queues. However, web chat is always a good option! Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We really appreciate it!
Jessica
Team Frank

Insurance claim made

Super helpful, friendly staff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I just had a web chat with Mel and she was great - friendly, helpful and informative. I highly recommend Frank! They have great benefits back on extras and it's easy to get in contact with them via web chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Kristy! Nice to hear from you again :) I'll pass on the fabulous feedback to Mel. She'll be stoked.
Jessica
Team Frank

• 1 question

Insurance claim made

Love it, only used extras so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2016

I love getting generous rebates with any provider. Over the counter and online claims are easy, web chat is quick and I like that you can download the chat (in case of future dispute). I hope the hospital cover is just as straightforward as extras has been.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the fabulous feedback! You're a legend for taking the time to stop by. Hospital cover is a bit more complicated, but we're hoping you'll be just as satisfied. If you're... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

Gold Coast

• 1 comment

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I agree 100% with mr yes.
I took up pregnancy cover 18 months ago and now I find out I'm not covered in a private hospital. What's the point of having pregnancy cover if your not covered? I believed I was covered that's why I took out private cover. I was fully covered years ago with Medibank.
When trying to resolve the issue this morning- the girl I spoke to was so unhelpful and when I said that I would go elsewhere she encouraged it. Just rude. No attempt to escalate the problem or come up with a solution. Your way or the hiway attitude. I will definitely be changing cover with another provider.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please inbox me with further details? I'd really like to provide coaching for the person you spoke to and see if there's anything else I can do to assist. Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, what's the email address to email you on? Jessica @FrankHQ is not a valid email address.

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. You can email us at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au Thanks!

• 1 comment

Insurance claim made

Not good if you need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

Frank tries to make everything appear straight forward and transparent, but try claiming and see how little you get back and just how much they really are lacking in transparency. Their policy details seems to conveniently leave out information that comes as a nasty shock at the time of paying the medical bills. When challenged, the staff aren't able to provide robust demonstration of how decisions are derived from their own policy documents.

I think they intentionally lead customers up the garden path just to make themselves look appealing when you sign up for their services.

Unless you like lucky dips at claim time, I recommend looking elsewhere. I'm now going to switch due to such a bad experience with Frank.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Mr Yes. We're so sorry that you have had a negative claiming experience. It's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our reviews where claims have been made, lots of me... read more »

Sorry Jessica but I've spent a lot of time already on the phone with three different staff members from Frank and found all of those experiences dissatisfying. I just don't have time to keep going ... read more »

1 of 20 pages

Can I use any chiropracter in Canberra and recieve the same rebate ?

Shc22 asked on Jul 09, 2016

Hi, I am currently with Australian unity but with terrible customer service and huge price rise would like to make a switch, do I get instant cover with no waiting period? Regards, Paula.B

Paula.B asked on Mar 29, 2016

Answer this

yes but you need to ask for a clearance certificate from your insurer and pass it on to new one - but check with them BUPA certainly do it

What is the claiming process? Can i swipe my card at the dentist and pay the difference?

Sharon_Barratt asked on Mar 23, 2016

Answer this

Due to frank being a new insurance company, I have found that not everywhere has it on their system. At the dentist they did and I just paid the gap where as at my optometrist they didn't. I just paid the balance and lodged a claim online with frank and scanned a copy of the invoice and receipt. It only took a couple of minutes. I received the payment from frank within a couple of days.

See all 14 questions about Frank Health Insurance