Filter By:

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Easy to customise health insurance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2013

Frank is the third health insurer I've been with and can't imagine I'll be changing anytime soon. They allow you to choose the percentage back on your extras (dentist, osteo etc) with either 50% or 80%. This makes going to see a professional cost minimal. The selections are pretty easy too with only three options instead of a complex matrix of products that never quite seem to be exactly what you're after.

+ Inexpensive for what it is, makes you go to health professionals due to the low cost of doing so

- Nothing yet...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 9 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Not wot u get

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2013

3 weeks ago got a quote and joined as thought WOW very nice . Today got an update $50 above first month payment ( which had been paid but only went for 2 weeks ). It would seem their simple way of doing things ..AINT .So I cancelled today filled out paperwork , scanned , emailed ..2 sorry 3hrs later was ask to fill in the paperwork
I now have to apologise to my previous insurer who was willing to beat Frank .
Plus they said if I come back things maybe dearer

+ Simple

- Simple

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 6 helpful votes

Fantastic Services - Incredibly Easy Claims

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2013

I have been with Frank for almost two years now. I LOVE that I get 80% back, and that claiming is so fast and easy. The only downfall would be that I just don't use my cover enough, but thats my fault not Franks! I definitely recommend Frank to friends and family.

+ Easy claiming; fast friendly service; has given me fantastic customer service!

- Not being able to claim some expenses online in members areas, but can easily be claimed through email.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

The Best Health Fund Around!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2013

They have always been helpful and prompt with accessing claims. Their online system is very user friendly and their price is even better!

I normally speak to a Renato and he is just awesome. They are all just polite and helpful.

Thanks guys for being upfront and FRANK about everything.

+ Fees, rebates and service.

Canberre

Pleasantly surprised!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2014

I really only signed up for health insurance because of the tax implications and fully expected it to be a very time-consuming, expensive and generally painful process. To my surprise, it wasn't. I had to wade through some of those stupid comparison sites first, but once I had settled on Frank it was actually quick and easy. Came in well within budget, immediate cover for everything, and a good range of extras where you can select your level of cover. I chose 50% back on all services, and actually went to the dentist for the first time in a cou ple of years. Yay for me! And now I get half back on my sports massages as well. Just remember to spread your whole benefit out over the year.
Another thing, you claim online, takes about 5 mins to do. So easy, you don't have to send in the receipts. Last claim I entered on the Friday, and the refund was in my bank on the Monday. I was pretty impressed.
Have used their call center once, got right through and spoke to an intelligent, helpful person.

+ Excellent service, not too expensive, does what they say

Best health insurance ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2014

I needed dental work done asap and couldnt afford the expenses! Frank health insurance let me claim straight away and the prices are very affordable! I take full advantage of my policy and frank seems to give more with no hassles! I have never had a problem! Plus the refer a friend is great! The staff are very helpfull! I have refered alot of family and friends!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 9 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Good low cost insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2014

Joined Frank after looking around when the rates when up on 1-Apr... they have pretty good cover and I got family. Few things needed sorting out as xfer not as easy as you would think. Having the webchat makes it really easy and accessible especially after normal hours. Haven't had a claim (never want to) but so far they seem good so I recommend them :-).

+ Cheap, easy.

- Nothing.

Sydney

Love Frank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2014

It's really good. It's a small name but rewards are way better than other insurances. Claims process is simple and quick. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Premium in our case was way cheaper than our previous insurer. You also get rewarded for referring friends to Frank which is great extra cash in my pocket.

+ Cost is cheaper, can claim lots, staff is friendly and sensible to deal with

The SERVICE THOUGH!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

I'm not even insured with them but when I enquired they were an absolute gem to deal with. I got a rep named Katherine Gore and she was so straight forward and fast when answering my million and one questions. The quote said that they cover me for the same things and amounts as my current insurer - NIB - Frank was about $20 more, BUT NO WAITING PERIODS! Need my wisdom tooth out ASAP and this is perfect!

+ Reliable, Efficient

- Only have basic or Full Hospital cover, no inbetween

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi there, Thank you so much for the great review! We just wanted to let you know that we do have an inbetween hospital cover. It's called Better Hospital cover. Details can be found here: http://w... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Frank's awesome.. I loved my experience with Frank.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

I had great people assisting me always and its just what I need...
Frank had the lowest prices. Their policies were straight forward and delivered exactly what they have promised...
I liked the number of choices Frank health insurance has..
Im sure you'll succeed well and soon you will be in everyone's part of life.

+ Good Customer service and great benifits

Insurance claim made

The Best Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2014

Frank provides a simple, clear and fair health insurance policy and is by far the best provider I have used. Friendly staff and an online service that is user friendly - very straight forward. Recently I had to downgrade my level of cover due to being inbetween work and Frank were happy for me to do so with no questions asked, where as my previous Health Insurance made that difficult for me and hassled me to pay more than I could afford. Thank you Frank, yay!

+ Friendly and quick service that makes sense.

1 of 20 pages

Hi I'm looking into private health policies now with the view to be adequately covered for my specific future requirements. Does your policies cove spinal surgery at St Vincents hospital Sydney ? If so what policy level will I need as a single male 62 years old .what will be the monthly premium and what is the out of pocket expense for Dr fees Hospital fees etc Thank you Mark

Mark asked on Feb 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mark, Thankyou for your enquiry. If you are wanting private hospital cover with the benefit of a single room I would recommend having a look at Frank's Best Hospital cover (no pregnancy option). In regards to spinal surgery as long as the procedure you are looking at having done has a medical item number assigned to it by Medicare then you will be able to claim on a cover that includes this service. St Vincents is a participating private hospital with Frank.
Unfortunately I don't have enough information to provide you with a quote but we can certainly get one for you if you send us an email at frank@frankhealthinsurance.com.au. In the email please include your date of birth, residential state, Australian government rebate tier (more information on this is here if you are unsure https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/government-rebate), if the cover is just for yourself or for a family, if you have had cover previously or if this will be your first time taking out health insurance (this is so we can calculate the correct amount of Lifetime Health Cover loading to apply - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/lifetime-health-cover-loading) and also mention that you are wanting a quote for Frank Best Hospital (no pregnancy). It's a lot of information but all these different factors can affect the cost of the policy.
Regards,
Kim
Frank Health Insurance

Hi Mark. Unfortunately the Frank Representative did not answer your question regarding the out-of-pocket fees for your surgery, as it is very important to understand the source of out-of-pocket fees. It is your treating doctors who will determine what your out-of-pocket fees will be. For spinal surgery you will almost certainly have at least 3 doctors involved and each of them may charge you out-of-pocket fees. You may also be liable for out-of-pocket fees for any pathology or radiology services that you use, and off course your health fund will also charge you an excess to use it's policy.

The health insurer that you choose also has some bearing on your out-of-pocket fees because the health funds reimburse doctors at different rates. I won't go through all the reimbursement rates for the individual funds but I can tell you for a fact that Frank insurance has the equal lowest reimbursement rates for doctors, so this might equate to higher out-of-pocket fees for Frank members. If you want to read more about the sources & reasons for out-of-pocket fees then visit http://surgery.comxa.com.

Can I use any chiropracter in Canberra and recieve the same rebate ?

Shc22 asked on Jul 09, 2016

Hi, I am currently with Australian unity but with terrible customer service and huge price rise would like to make a switch, do I get instant cover with no waiting period? Regards, Paula.B

Paula.B asked on Mar 29, 2016

Answer this

yes but you need to ask for a clearance certificate from your insurer and pass it on to new one - but check with them BUPA certainly do it

See all 15 questions about Frank Health Insurance