Filter By:

Good value cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I never needed to use my insurance, but it was an excellent price. Recommended if you need cover for tax purposes (or to avoid lifetime health loading later) but aren't expecting to use it. Be aware the cheapest option doesn't cover any private hospital treatment at all.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! If you would like a quote on Frank’s alternative hospital covers don’t be afraid to get in touch.
Thanks again

Quick & efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Had queries regarding my current basic hospital cover if upgrading to better hospital - Sarena was very knowledgeable and was easy to chat to online - no issues with waiting to be answered - not used my hospital cover as yet but I must say having the 48% LHC loading bites a bit when paying the premium - only 2 more years before it is removed - premiums are very good when compared to other funds.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Susan,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We will pass this into Sarena also.
Melissa

Insurance claim made

Have been with Frank for a number of years - very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I changed to Frank a number of years ago after being with NIB for years and years. I have never had a problem with a claim, I get way more back than I ever did with NIB and I love dealing with them using the online chat as it is much faster than the phone and I can get a transcript of the chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Tania, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you are a Happy Frank Member.

Very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

The phone 'cue' was 20 minutes long as stated right at the beginning of the call, so I went for the chat option and had my challenge handled extremely efficiently and effectively.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Jared! We've been super busy lately, so we apologise for the long queues. However, web chat is always a good option! Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We really appreciate it!
Jessica

Insurance claim made

Super helpful, friendly staff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I just had a web chat with Mel and she was great - friendly, helpful and informative. I highly recommend Frank! They have great benefits back on extras and it's easy to get in contact with them via web chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Kristy! Nice to hear from you again :) I'll pass on the fabulous feedback to Mel. She'll be stoked.
Jessica

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Love it, only used extras so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2016

I love getting generous rebates with any provider. Over the counter and online claims are easy, web chat is quick and I like that you can download the chat (in case of future dispute). I hope the hospital cover is just as straightforward as extras has been.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the fabulous feedback! You're a legend for taking the time to stop by. Hospital cover is a bit more complicated, but we're hoping you'll be just as satisfied. If you're... read more »

no fuss insurer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

good value for money and quick to respond via web chat. Haven't tried calling them. Online portal works well and is simple and easy to understand. Web chat amployee was friendly and easy to deal with.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Aleks! Thanks for taking the time to provide such a great review. We love web chat too and its a popular way of getting in touch with us. Thanks again! Jessica @Frank HQ

Caloundra

Private message

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Straightforward Extras Health Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

Good customer support, helpful on the phone. Good website where you can access all your records easily. I like the no frills approach of Frank - plain language easy to understand. I get more benefits with Frank than I had with my two previous providers.

Great insurer, good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

Competitive pricing
Really good coverage, easy to understand policies
Easy to use online portal for claims etc
No 'member's choice' provider scheme - just coverage for all providers
Good to deal with over the phone or live chat

....Excellent customer service....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

.....I had a number of questions to ask Frank Health this afternoon, & their customer service was absolutely excellent.....the lady that assisted me took time to fully explain everything to me, & answered all my queries to my complete satisfaction.....

Very user friendly website - online chat - delightful staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

I emailed them (at night) with a question shortly after I joined and I received a personalied email response by lunch time the following day. Very friendly and easy to use - great value

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2016

Everything was easy, the rates are great, claiming is a piece of cake, and the support is top class. I need another 11 words so: perfect, perfect, perfect,perfect, perfect, perfect!

1 of 20 pages

Hi I'm looking into private health policies now with the view to be adequately covered for my specific future requirements. Does your policies cove spinal surgery at St Vincents hospital Sydney ? If so what policy level will I need as a single male 62 years old .what will be the monthly premium and what is the out of pocket expense for Dr fees Hospital fees etc Thank you Mark

Mark asked on Feb 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mark, Thankyou for your enquiry. If you are wanting private hospital cover with the benefit of a single room I would recommend having a look at Frank's Best Hospital cover (no pregnancy option). In regards to spinal surgery as long as the procedure you are looking at having done has a medical item number assigned to it by Medicare then you will be able to claim on a cover that includes this service. St Vincents is a participating private hospital with Frank.
Unfortunately I don't have enough information to provide you with a quote but we can certainly get one for you if you send us an email at frank@frankhealthinsurance.com.au. In the email please include your date of birth, residential state, Australian government rebate tier (more information on this is here if you are unsure https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/government-rebate), if the cover is just for yourself or for a family, if you have had cover previously or if this will be your first time taking out health insurance (this is so we can calculate the correct amount of Lifetime Health Cover loading to apply - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/lifetime-health-cover-loading) and also mention that you are wanting a quote for Frank Best Hospital (no pregnancy). It's a lot of information but all these different factors can affect the cost of the policy.
Regards,
Kim
Frank Health Insurance

Hi Mark. Unfortunately the Frank Representative did not answer your question regarding the out-of-pocket fees for your surgery, as it is very important to understand the source of out-of-pocket fees. It is your treating doctors who will determine what your out-of-pocket fees will be. For spinal surgery you will almost certainly have at least 3 doctors involved and each of them may charge you out-of-pocket fees. You may also be liable for out-of-pocket fees for any pathology or radiology services that you use, and off course your health fund will also charge you an excess to use it's policy.

The health insurer that you choose also has some bearing on your out-of-pocket fees because the health funds reimburse doctors at different rates. I won't go through all the reimbursement rates for the individual funds but I can tell you for a fact that Frank insurance has the equal lowest reimbursement rates for doctors, so this might equate to higher out-of-pocket fees for Frank members. If you want to read more about the sources & reasons for out-of-pocket fees then visit http://surgery.comxa.com.

Can I use any chiropracter in Canberra and recieve the same rebate ?

Shc22 asked on Jul 09, 2016

Hi, I am currently with Australian unity but with terrible customer service and huge price rise would like to make a switch, do I get instant cover with no waiting period? Regards, Paula.B

Paula.B asked on Mar 29, 2016

Answer this

yes but you need to ask for a clearance certificate from your insurer and pass it on to new one - but check with them BUPA certainly do it

See all 15 questions about Frank Health Insurance