Filter By:

Live chat works great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Easy to talk to their customer service, the call/chat queues are very quick to respond, and the staff are empowered to actually help, I don't get the run-around on my queries.

Fast customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I am just so amazed at the communication convience Frank provides to its stakehoders. I used to be a NIB client. I waited for more than 6 minutes on the phone to contact NIB but still did not wait for my turn. However, I started in a second to chat with a Frank employee through the WebChat! It's such a pleasant start with Frank. The ease of communication with Frank confirms that my decision to join Frank is right!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks for the 5 stars Ningjia! Web chat is a fast and super easy way of getting in touch with a Frank team member. Operating 8am to 8pm AEST Monday to Friday, there's plenty of hours in the day to chat to Frank!

Verified Purchase

Easy to sign up and easy to cancel!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I got Frank before I moved to Australia and it was very easy and super fast to get the letter for immigration.

After some weeks of living in Sydney, my company got my another health insurance and it took me maybe 5 minutes to cancel Frank! Their Costumer Support is very impressive!

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks Lucas. Sorry to see you go, but we're happy to hear you were impressed with the ease and service. Enjoy your time in Australia!

Good value cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I never needed to use my insurance, but it was an excellent price. Recommended if you need cover for tax purposes (or to avoid lifetime health loading later) but aren't expecting to use it. Be aware the cheapest option doesn't cover any private hospital treatment at all.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi James,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! If you would like a quote on Frank’s alternative hospital covers don’t be afraid to get in touch.
Thanks again

Quick & efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Had queries regarding my current basic hospital cover if upgrading to better hospital - Sarena was very knowledgeable and was easy to chat to online - no issues with waiting to be answered - not used my hospital cover as yet but I must say having the 48% LHC loading bites a bit when paying the premium - only 2 more years before it is removed - premiums are very good when compared to other funds.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Susan,
Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback! We will pass this into Sarena also.
Melissa

Insurance claim made

Have been with Frank for a number of years - very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

I changed to Frank a number of years ago after being with NIB for years and years. I have never had a problem with a claim, I get way more back than I ever did with NIB and I love dealing with them using the online chat as it is much faster than the phone and I can get a transcript of the chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Tania, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear you are a Happy Frank Member.

Very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

The phone 'cue' was 20 minutes long as stated right at the beginning of the call, so I went for the chat option and had my challenge handled extremely efficiently and effectively.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Jared! We've been super busy lately, so we apologise for the long queues. However, web chat is always a good option! Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We really appreciate it!
Jessica

Insurance claim made

Super helpful, friendly staff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I just had a web chat with Mel and she was great - friendly, helpful and informative. I highly recommend Frank! They have great benefits back on extras and it's easy to get in contact with them via web chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Kristy! Nice to hear from you again :) I'll pass on the fabulous feedback to Mel. She'll be stoked.
Jessica

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Insurance claim made

Love it, only used extras so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2016

I love getting generous rebates with any provider. Over the counter and online claims are easy, web chat is quick and I like that you can download the chat (in case of future dispute). I hope the hospital cover is just as straightforward as extras has been.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the fabulous feedback! You're a legend for taking the time to stop by. Hospital cover is a bit more complicated, but we're hoping you'll be just as satisfied. If you're... read more »

no fuss insurer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

good value for money and quick to respond via web chat. Haven't tried calling them. Online portal works well and is simple and easy to understand. Web chat amployee was friendly and easy to deal with.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Aleks! Thanks for taking the time to provide such a great review. We love web chat too and its a popular way of getting in touch with us. Thanks again! Jessica @Frank HQ

Caloundra

Private message

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Straightforward Extras Health Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

Good customer support, helpful on the phone. Good website where you can access all your records easily. I like the no frills approach of Frank - plain language easy to understand. I get more benefits with Frank than I had with my two previous providers.

Great insurer, good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2016

Competitive pricing
Really good coverage, easy to understand policies
Easy to use online portal for claims etc
No 'member's choice' provider scheme - just coverage for all providers
Good to deal with over the phone or live chat

1 of 21 pages

Hi , Currently with GMHBA looking for cheaper cover @ 72 looking for top hospital cover for myself and my wife. Please advise?

Paul asked on Mar 11, 2017

Hi I'm looking into private health policies now with the view to be adequately covered for my specific future requirements. Does your policies cove spinal surgery at St Vincents hospital Sydney ? If so what policy level will I need as a single male 62 years old .what will be the monthly premium and what is the out of pocket expense for Dr fees Hospital fees etc Thank you Mark

Mark asked on Feb 01, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mark, Thankyou for your enquiry. If you are wanting private hospital cover with the benefit of a single room I would recommend having a look at Frank's Best Hospital cover (no pregnancy option). In regards to spinal surgery as long as the procedure you are looking at having done has a medical item number assigned to it by Medicare then you will be able to claim on a cover that includes this service. St Vincents is a participating private hospital with Frank.
Unfortunately I don't have enough information to provide you with a quote but we can certainly get one for you if you send us an email at frank@frankhealthinsurance.com.au. In the email please include your date of birth, residential state, Australian government rebate tier (more information on this is here if you are unsure https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/government-rebate), if the cover is just for yourself or for a family, if you have had cover previously or if this will be your first time taking out health insurance (this is so we can calculate the correct amount of Lifetime Health Cover loading to apply - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/help/health-insurance/lifetime-health-cover-loading) and also mention that you are wanting a quote for Frank Best Hospital (no pregnancy). It's a lot of information but all these different factors can affect the cost of the policy.
Regards,
Kim
Frank Health Insurance

Hi Mark. Unfortunately the Frank Representative did not answer your question regarding the out-of-pocket fees for your surgery, as it is very important to understand the source of out-of-pocket fees. It is your treating doctors who will determine what your out-of-pocket fees will be. For spinal surgery you will almost certainly have at least 3 doctors involved and each of them may charge you out-of-pocket fees. You may also be liable for out-of-pocket fees for any pathology or radiology services that you use, and off course your health fund will also charge you an excess to use it's policy.

The health insurer that you choose also has some bearing on your out-of-pocket fees because the health funds reimburse doctors at different rates. I won't go through all the reimbursement rates for the individual funds but I can tell you for a fact that Frank insurance has the equal lowest reimbursement rates for doctors, so this might equate to higher out-of-pocket fees for Frank members. If you want to read more about the sources & reasons for out-of-pocket fees then visit http://surgery.comxa.com.

Can I use any chiropracter in Canberra and recieve the same rebate ?

Shc22 asked on Jul 09, 2016