Filter By:
  • 2 helpful votes

Awful services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I've been a Frank member since a year ago. It's shocking that they don't even pay you back what you pay for a GP!!! I'm paying 75$/ month! I don't know what will i be covered for! Nothing

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Hossein, our covers don't include benefits for GP fees as these aren't in hospital medical costs. We understand that there is lots of information when joining a health insurance cover and this c... read more »

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Misleading information

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Customer service is shocking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

This is my first health insurer , TBH it was easy to join and i claim with no issues so can not complain there.
BUT customer service and member portal is dreadful.
I changed my direct debit when i joined via member portal from monthly to fortnightly to reflect my budgeting.
A month later when my next payment was due i raised a ticket via member portal to inquire on my next direct debit..no answer for days actually still no answer, direct debit came out they still charged the monthly amount.
Phoned in and call wait was over 30mins
Tried o
nline help, 15 mins to chat with someone then another 15 mins for them to ask my date of birth and address to confirm who i was, i responded straight away then the system crashed.(i work in IT it wasn't our end)
3 days after request through member portal i still have no correspondence.
It wouldn't be an issue with full amount but its xmas and holidays coming up so every cent counts.esp when you change details a month ago to budget for Xmas.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

The phone 'cue' was 20 minutes long as stated right at the beginning of the call, so I went for the chat option and had my challenge handled extremely efficiently and effectively.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Jared! We've been super busy lately, so we apologise for the long queues. However, web chat is always a good option! Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We really appreciate it!
Jessica
Team Frank

Insurance claim made

Super helpful, friendly staff!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2016

I just had a web chat with Mel and she was great - friendly, helpful and informative. I highly recommend Frank! They have great benefits back on extras and it's easy to get in contact with them via web chat.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Thanks, Kristy! Nice to hear from you again :) I'll pass on the fabulous feedback to Mel. She'll be stoked.
Jessica
Team Frank

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Love it, only used extras so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2016

I love getting generous rebates with any provider. Over the counter and online claims are easy, web chat is quick and I like that you can download the chat (in case of future dispute). I hope the hospital cover is just as straightforward as extras has been.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Rosie, Thanks so much for the fabulous feedback! You're a legend for taking the time to stop by. Hospital cover is a bit more complicated, but we're hoping you'll be just as satisfied. If you're... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Terrible experience so far

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Roman! I'm so sorry you've had a negative experience. Can you please inbox me with your details and I'll get everything sorted for you today? Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, please adviсe how would you prefer to receive my details? Don't see any private messaging function on this website.

HI Roman! You can email me directly at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2016

I agree 100% with mr yes.
I took up pregnancy cover 18 months ago and now I find out I'm not covered in a private hospital. What's the point of having pregnancy cover if your not covered? I believed I was covered that's why I took out private cover. I was fully covered years ago with Medibank.
When trying to resolve the issue this morning- the girl I spoke to was so unhelpful and when I said that I would go elsewhere she encouraged it. Just rude. No attempt to escalate the problem or come up with a solution. Your way or the hiway attitude. I will definitely be changing cover with another provider.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. I am so sorry to hear of your negative experience. Can you please inbox me with further details? I'd really like to provide coaching for the person you spoke to and see if there's anything else I can do to assist. Jessica @FrankHQ

Hi Jessica, what's the email address to email you on? Jessica @FrankHQ is not a valid email address.

Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Jenny. You can email us at management@frankhealthinsurance.com.au Thanks!

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Not good if you need to claim

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

Frank tries to make everything appear straight forward and transparent, but try claiming and see how little you get back and just how much they really are lacking in transparency. Their policy details seems to conveniently leave out information that comes as a nasty shock at the time of paying the medical bills. When challenged, the staff aren't able to provide robust demonstration of how decisions are derived from their own policy documents.

I think they intentionally lead customers up the garden path just to make themselves look appealing when you sign up for their services.

Unless you like lucky dips at claim time, I recommend looking elsewhere. I'm now going to switch due to such a bad experience with Frank.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Mr Yes. We're so sorry that you have had a negative claiming experience. It's not what we want for our members. As you can see from so many of our reviews where claims have been made, lots of me... read more »

Sorry Jessica but I've spent a lot of time already on the phone with three different staff members from Frank and found all of those experiences dissatisfying. I just don't have time to keep going ... read more »

no fuss insurer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

good value for money and quick to respond via web chat. Haven't tried calling them. Online portal works well and is simple and easy to understand. Web chat amployee was friendly and easy to deal with.

Comments
Frank Health Insurance Official

Hi Aleks! Thanks for taking the time to provide such a great review. We love web chat too and its a popular way of getting in touch with us. Thanks again! Jessica @Frank HQ

Caloundra

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Straightforward Extras Health Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 25, 2016

Good customer support, helpful on the phone. Good website where you can access all your records easily. I like the no frills approach of Frank - plain language easy to understand. I get more benefits with Frank than I had with my two previous providers.

Insurance claim made

Should have switched to them earlier.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2016

Excellent value for money. Easy to set up.
Wouldn't recommend the phone option, but chat gets answered very quickly, and they know what they are talking about. Was over 12 years with another provider, and not happy.

3 of 22 pages

I've a specific colorectal health concern. I would like to know if your Better Hospital (no Co-Payment) product covers Medicare item numbers from 32000 to 32221? Thanks.

Peter P asked on May 28, 2017

With my current health insurer we get 2 pairs of glasses each year with no out of pocket expenses. would this be the same with Frank. Can I go to any optometrist or do they have to be frank approved?

Jen asked on May 06, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jen,
At Frank, we don't have preferred providers, so we pay the same amount back to any provider (as long as they're registered within their field). The % you get back will be based on the type of Extras cover that you take out (up to your annual limit). When it comes to Optical, Frank members who have optical as part of their Extras have access to the following optical discounts https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/members/optical-discounts.
Visit us at https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/ for a quote.
Thanks,
Christina - Team Frank

Hello, Could you please tell me if you are registered under the Private Health Insurance Act 2007? Thank you, Milena

Milena asked on Apr 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Milena,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes Frank health Insurance is a registered Health Insurance provider under the 2007 act. Information on our legal can be found here - https://www.frankhealthinsurance.com.au/legal

Regards