Super kitchen!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Freedom kitchens were a breeze to deal with from planning stage to completion.Everyone was totally professional and pleasant and the kitchen including all the trades was done without fuss.

Once They have your money don't want to help

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Had a Freedom kitchen installed a few years ago.. in a temporary position as we had an urgent need for a kitchen due to termite damage... but always planned to move the kitchen with renos.
Move forward a few years, renos done... kitchen moved and modified to suit.... however Freedom will sell us doors to fit any replacement cabinets or modified ones, but has refused to sell us some plain panels or edge tape for packers... the people I speak to say can only buy the doors but tough luck about the rest. REALLY ? We have a 40 k kitchen and the att
itude towards ongoing customer service is appalling. I haven't asked for anything less than an installer would want or expect to have. Basically they seem to want us to replace the entire kitchen.... well if we do that we won't do it with Freedom if this is the way they treat us. Yes, the laminate and the handles are available... but nope, won't sell us what we need to have to have the Freedom kitchen that we were initially very happy with complete and looking fab. My brother in law is a joiner and was going to do the install for us, however if we can't get the blank panels and edge tape for packers we are pretty much screwed ( even if buying the doors from Freedom) . I've emailed them asking for help name if one of their installers in their region ( northern NSW ) , even an installer from the Gold Coast, but so far no response to my email. So now not only will they not sell us what we need to complete, they won't give us an installers name either if that is our only option. Shocking follow-up service. Next call will be to Dept Fair Trade

Dubious practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

We went in to see Freedom Kitchens but weren't ready to get serious for a few months. They insisted that a 'consultant' come out even though we suggested that it was too early. The guy came out and asked my wife what she wanted and scribbled some rough costs on a blank sheet of paper that varied wildly in price. Our circumstances changed as we were now ready to buy so we went back to the store and asked for a proper quote. The consultant rang my wife and said he'd come out if she was prepared to write out a cheque....,remember we haven't got a quote or any idea of what they are actually proposing.
They passed my wife on to another guy who again tried to push my wife for a cheque before they would agree to come out. I subsequently wrote to on of thier senior execs and the MD (whose name they wouldn't give me) of Freedom to outline the dodgy and unprofessional sales practice. I received a call from an obnoxious junior manager from Freedom Kitchens who basically used weasel words to justify their dodgy practices of vague pricing and no formal quote policy. Freedom and this insincere manger behaved like scamming contractors and not like 'customer focussed' professionals. We were MyFreedom members, but not any more.....shameful and unprofessional!

Repeat customer

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Had a Freedom Kitchen installed 4 years ago and have been very happy with it so decided to use them ago to have a matching cupboard installed. We were very happy with the service provided and the end product. Some limitations in cupboard options to fit the space we wanted to fill and touch-mechanism for draws a little temperamental at times.

Ultra Modern Designed Kitchen

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Had designer Jack come out and immediately he was on the same page and designed the most amazing kitchen. Couldn't be more happy with the craftsmanship of the cabinetry, the professionalism of the cabinet makers and the ease in dealing with Freedom. Customer service was 100%

Love our new Freedom Kitchen.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

We are so impressed with the look, quality and functionality of our new kitchen. The entire process from the designer to the installer was seamless and professional. The on-line portal was extremely user friendly and all queries were answered quickly and efficiently. Great service. Looks amazing!

5 Months And Still Waiting - The Worst Customer Service Ever - They Just Don't Care!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

Had Designers come out twice - cause the first design had major flaws, only after starting action with Dept of Fair Trading for no customer service. Lost 2 months waiting for Freedom Kitchen to respond to calls, reply to emails and move the job along -eventually we were given assurances of the order being given some priority to make up for lost time... nothing was given priority! After starting again with new 'corrected design' by "our best designer" here we are near 5 months later and we have had the kitchen partially installed, the 'manufac tured benchtop' didn't show up with the rest of the cupboards (which it should have) but not until a day after the install should have been completed... We received a call from The Kitchen Group stating no warranted would be given on the bench top as they believe it will crack at the join to the breakfast bar. FACT they designed it ! They CAD drew it up! Manufactured it ! Now after all this time they see a potential problem and expect us to accept it!!! We are now 7days past install and we still have no completed bench top - so nowhere to sit and eat - Freedom delivers the worst customer service we have ever experienced and they aren't doing anything or said anything to accept responsibility, apologise for the atrocious customer service, repeated lies and untruths by staff when you ring their "1300 number for help" they do not even take quick action to rectify. No date has been suggested even as to when the bench top will be installed, we are told 10 to 15 days from manufacture of replacement cupboard doors - And their solution to remedy the join issue with the benchtop is 2 aluminum angle brackets - they'll do a lot ! NOT!

Fantastic Kitchens

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Have used Freedom Kitchens in the past for the kitchens in my investment properties and have done so recently again.
Superior quality and great planning.
Always will use them!

My Bright light FREEDOM kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I was very pleased with the redesign of our kitchen. It is a small area, and the layout proposed by your consultant has proved to be very user friendly, smart and functional. The workmanship and the quality of the products are excellent. I can highly recommend your service. Our dealings with Freedom were always pleasant and we are pleased that the project came within the initial budget.

Better than I expected...

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2017

The process of dealing with Freedom kitchens was pleasant, easy and totally enjoyable. My consultant was given a budget and she came with it - I also have a difficult area to layout - but together we designed a beautiful, functional kitchen. The quality is outstanding and I can't fault one thing in my dealings with freedom.

1 of 44 pages

Has anyone had a Freedom a Kitchen installed on the Gold Coast? If so, can you advise if you were happy with the installers? Seems to be a lot of reviews are saying that the installers have let the process down.

Ray asked on Aug 30, 2016

Answer this

not on the Gold Coast. Don't do it! Freedom just get your money and then they don't care. they don't project manage and all their sub contractors are dodgy in our experience.
They also pressure you for upfront payment. Unfortunately we have now realized exactly why they demand this.

save your self the hassle and go to a different kitchen supplier

I don't know what is going on on the Gold Coast, as we live in Sydney.
The installer was a lovely mas and was very good at his job. Freedom kitchens management are not to be trusted. They ask you to pay the full amount of money upfront and then forget about you. It took a lot longer to complete pur kitchen than the time stipulated in our contract.
You are right, the sub contracted are not to be trusted as they stole one of my husband's bonsais worth $800 !!! ,when they delivered the cupboards at night. Of course we can't prove it as we only noticed it the following morning. We reported it to the police who couldn't do anything. The department of Fair Trading didn't help either.
The whole thing was very stressful , upsetting to say the least.
Yes, find another company. Good luck... GGJJ.

HI Ray
Did you end up going with Freedom? We just had our sales visit via Southport store and already have concerns.

Hi Guys, I would not be game to do a kitchen with Freedom but they use Inalto appliances- I'm really interested in any good/bad feedback anyone might have on the appliances? Really like the look of them but they are very budget and not sure whether they are good quality or not? Thanks!

Bridge2611 asked on Jun 16, 2016

Answer this

Yes....definitely steer away from Freedom with the kitchen.....was one of my worst decisions yet to use them. The appliances are very basic, range hood has already been thrown out. Hot plates are just OK....oven is very basic and controls are a little questionable. Not the appliances I would use again given a choice. We have just done another apartment up and used Harvey Norman for the appliance package and got quality products for $1,300.....and the entire kitchen in a much larger apartment has come out better than my smaller one at 3/4 of the price that I paid for my Freedom nightmare.
Good Luck

Sorry to hear of your troubles! Such a shame and disappointment Freedom is so terrible with their kitchens- their homewares are gorgeous. Luckily we are building the whole house so we are just making our appliance selections. Thanks so much for your reply I really appreciate it, as I was only looking at these ovens due to their sleek design, I think I will definitely go with a higher quality appliance and stick to the good well-known brands. Thanks!!

I was interested in getting a quote from Freedom kitchens but they refuse to provide a quote unless I tell them my budget first - is this normal? My budget is flexible - it is about the service, the quality and standards etc

007 asked on Aug 22, 2015

Answer this

The kitchen designer who came to our home and styled the kitchen to our needs and price was only referred to about halfway through the design process. At that stage he asked us for a ballpark figure on what we were prepared to pay as materials i.e. bench tops and backslashes vary greatly in cost. From our experience we weren't asked for our budget upfront, which we think is normal not to.

You absolutely do NOT have to tell Freedom what your budget is before they give you a price. I was asked the same question and did not give them that information. You can clearly see the pitfall of doing it their way can't you ??? If you go and buy a new car or a couch, the salesman doesn't ask you what you are prepared to pay before giving you the price, does he ? Freedom Kitchens, you really need to 'up ' your game and become way more professional. Looking at your reviews the figures are not good so I think those at the top of your company really need to look at their customers (dis)satisfaction !! Tina B.

I was also asked how much I intended to pay :( They charged me the double of the value and I was not happy with the work.... I will never buy anything from them again.

See all 5 questions about Freedom Kitchens