Review rating:

Verified Purchase

Negligence + poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2016

I would not recommend Future Auto to anyone and consumers need to be warned about this place. Took my car in for an oil leak and was told car needed full timing kit and water pump replaced. I accepted this as it was a new purchase and had no service history and was at the right service interval for timing kit. I was quoted $900 then a phone call to say it's going to be $1100 then ended up paying $1300 on pick up. Several weeks after collecting my car a knocking/slapping noise overtook the noise of the engine. Took the car to another mechanic wh o was recommended to me as their quotes are firm and they discovered the hydraulic tensioner had failed (which is part of a full timing kit) and had not been replaced and that the timing belt was well worn and that the only thing that was new and had been replaced was the water pump, possibly because this is visible as soon as you pop the hood? The new mechanic provided me with all of the old and worn parts as proof. I contacted the owner of Future Auto who denied any wrong doing and refused to offer any sort of rectification and blamed me for not taking it back to them to look at although I originally didn't know that the noise was related to the poor work Future had performed. The matter was taken to fair trading who couldn't do much except provide the poor response from the owner of Future Auto denying they had done anything wrong and again put the blame on me for not taking my car back to them. Fair trading has supplied details and paperwork to lodge the matter with QCAT which is now being undertaken. It is suggested you go elsewhere to avoid the headache I'm going through to right their wrong.