Review rating:

Hidden tax sucks!! Be aware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

I booked my flight from Sydney to India.. they showed cheaper tickets then another site.. but when i got recept i was charged 500$ per to 2 tickets.. and they dont have any explanation why they charged this tax.. worse customers support.. gotogate dont deserve even single star...!! Worst experience of my life...

landscape

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Not even finished....

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I wrote after being held to wait for a payment that never finished. I paid for a ticket and the payment processing reminder was hanging there for more than 30 minutes. I decided to close the page. Prefer to not buy a ticket if the one processing is dodgy as hell.

Verified Purchase

Doesn't deserve a STAR!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Hi,

I booked a trip from BNE to WST on the 24/12/2016 to 13/1/2017 due to circumstances been changed I couldn't take the trip and called Gotogate on the 14/12/2016 to let them know I couldn't make the trip and gave a reason which its nonsense to anyone taking a trip if they were in my shoes. After speaking to a customer service who was not only RUDE, SMART MOUTH and wasn't willing to help. He did not put me through to the Supervisor after asking him nicely. He just put me on hold, before he did I could hear him mouthing to a colleague about
me and my situation and said "Shove your $1700 down the drain, you are not getting any cent of it back" after he's said this he realised he didn't put me on hold and immediately hung up.

I was furious that I didn't get his name and was furious that he hung up and made it clear that I wasn't going to get anything back of my money.

How bad is Gotogate? Very bad. I see so many people being hung dry by this company and they shouldn't be operating at all.

They are not here to help or make the cost less, they are here to make money off people by doing absolutely nothing!! I have learnt my lesson and will never recommend these guys to any of my families or colleagues.

Regards

Worst than 1/5 stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

I recently booked a flight with Gotogate that involved a 13.5 hour stopover across 2 different airports. Expectedly, I took steps to have this altered to a stopover that would not involve transferring airports. After waiting for days, it was shocking to be informed by customer service representatives that a $170 fee will be paid on top of the airline fee and a new flight cost. Gotogate's terms and conditions are unreasonable and ill-treats its customers.

After this experience, I do not recommend booking any flights through Gotogate as there will be a hassle if any changes need to be made. Book directly through the airline or use other travel agents instead.

even one star is too much for this

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

horrible customer service.
i cannot understand what the consultant are saying. Neverthelss the accents, they don't slow down and when i ask them to repeat slowly, they get upset and they show it, which is the worst.
They blocked my funds when it wasn't supposed to be confirmed like it appeared on the website.
they don't even bother to find the problem nor the solution which is why i am waiting for over a week. They blame it on the bank or other departments. Had to call them more than 10 times explaining the whole situation repeatedly.
This company should be shut down. seriously. worst worst customer service i've ever experienced.
how do i get compensated for all my wasted time and energy. i CAN'T

Horrible human beings

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

Oh my god. They left my mother stranded at an airport that she didn't know how to speak the language because the booking had been cancelled and she was not notified. The airline still flew, but these incompetent sorry excuses for a business didn't let her know, and couldn't be bothered to let me know either so i can help. Horrible human beings.

Verified Purchase

This company should be investigated by Australian Consumer Affairs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I booked return tickets from Hamburg to Melbourne and, given the length of flights, paid for what was marketed as 'seat selection'. What I received for paying this fee was less than nothing as I ended up with literally the worst seats on the plane which made the 21 journey almost unbearable. The service is designed to be deliberately deceitful and this practice alone is reason enough not to use this company.

I've never been through a booking process that was so riddled with upselling and other tricks to get you to part with money for nothing. I will actively discourage anyone I know who is planning to travel from using this service.

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

Purchased a ticket online. They put a pretty auth on my credit card for 600. Been 4 days- still no tickets. Not even a booking number. Call center is uncotactable. Now I have no money and no tickets.

Be Aware! Hideous customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2016

Company sent email about need to accept involuntary change because airline made "changes"to flight. The times changed about 40 mins and that was okay except they didn't notify me that my trip now involved an overnight stay, on MY EXPENSE! They rebooked my flight now with a 24 hrs stopover.
Original flight still exist. Don't know why they changed...
Scams!!!!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2016

This gotogate is a scam. I paid $1650 for flights and they did not even have me on the plane. Phone call goes to New York. Had to re book through airline and fight for my money back. DO NOT use this outfit!!!!! They charged my credit card extra $350 for a seat, cancellation policy, luggage etc etc. They kept $65 of my money for a refund to be paid to me.

No Integrity unscrupulous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2016

Australians and New Zealanders check Cheapflights that you do NOT get this company. They are unscrupulous and uncontactable once they get your money. Our connecting flight did not give enough time for check in and we could not contact them when after the trip they contacted us to say we would not get a refund as a result! To be avoided at all costs!!!

Comments

At the least look up other reviews on this company all singing the same song worldwide...

• 5 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Beware hidden charges with Gotogate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Please beware. Purchased a domestic flight in Australia for the total price of $ 544.36 only to be charged, amongst various other incidental charges, $27.31 for using a credit card. This credit card fee was at no time disclosed and for Gotogate to include it after the fact is both misleading and deceptive. I called to query this charge and was told that this fee would have been disclosed at the time in circumstances where, patently, it had not. Looking at the posts on various websites, I see now that I am not alone in my concerns. As a frequent flyer I will be writing to Skyscanner and the relevant authorities and regulators in Australia. They should not be permitted to get away with this.

1 of 2 pages