Worked well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2016

hipages introduced us to James Krout, who did our lighting repair job efficiently and well. We're well pleased with our hipages experience.

This is really handy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2016

This is a good way to get hold of service providers. My only problem with the service was that I expected to have 3 quotes, but in the end I only got 1 quote.

Convenience and Prompt Attention

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2016

I have sought tradespeople on 2 separate occasions from Hipages and times I received responses within the hour from the 3 selected trades plus other wishing to be engaged in the quoting process. Those trades were represented by professional staff who provided a prompt and efficient service.

Excellent work completed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2016

The quick response to the job was fantastic- great service and I will use this site again.The company I used turned up on time and provided the job required

Fast responses

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

I had only just pressed the button and got a response and then others responded soon after. Also the tradesman was able to do the job very soon after we agreed. He was thorough and used initiative. I have already recommended the service to others.

Very quick to provide quotes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

We sought quotes for 3 separate trades/jobs. All trades arrived on time, very professional and easy to deal with. All worked out really good. Overall a good experience.

Melbourne

• 1 review
Private message

Roof fixed pronto!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

Quick and found a great tradesperson! Thank you. I was desperate to have my roof fixed pronto and it was!

Efficient and timely response

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

I have used Hi Pages several times now for concreting work, plumbing and general cleaning work in all cases I have found the services to be timely cost effective and efficient

This is great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

Okay but workers need to know more English & only contact me once not twice, but excellent communication after the quotes.

Well done!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

Needed to find a gardener close by and ended up with one in town and 2 from nearby Canberra. Very prompt reply - less than 24 hours for 1 and less than 1 hour for another.

Good Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

Requested two different types of tradies- one type responded very quickly, arranged the job to mutual satisfaction, and performed the task excellently. The other type- received no response. Later on proof of service is requested- I do not have one, but the tradesman did an excellent job as stated.

Job well done!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

Quick response to enquiries. Job done as required well done. Will recommend to some of my friends and won't hesitate to use hipages again next time.

1 of 284 pages

Please can you send me the Carperter that I used 2 years ago to install Skirtings around my new home?

Des asked on Sep 05, 2016

Hi Des,

Please send your contact details along with your request to support@hipages.com.au and we'll be happy to help.

I would like to know who is the head of Hipages as I would like to be able to contact them regarding being verbally abused & intimidated by a tradie that got my details through them?This is a very serious request,please answer.

solarstar asked on Aug 31, 2016

Hi,

I wouldn't waste your time. They say they will be ever so sorry, but ultimately do nothing about it and let the tradie stay on the site. They won't even put negative reviews up as they are not a "review site", even though they contact customers for feedback, and only put the positive reviews up.

Thankyou Peabody for taking the time to read this & send a reply.Yes I totally agree with you as I have been in contact & I have come to realize that they are for the tradie.I feel like I have been completely wiped after being treated very badly by one of their" trusted" tradies.

hi guys, just quickly throwing in my 2cents worth, as while i understand there are uncouth tradies out there, i do not believe HIPages is for the tradies. i say this because, as a tradie, we are not very well looked after either. clients post online that they would like a job done and show surprise if a small job still costs over $100, most clients dont realise that hipages has already made at least $60 by the time 3 tradies call them up, living about 15km from melbourne, and as an electrician the average cost for me to quote a 10min job is between $21 and $31, a 10min job cannot absorb such a high cost and the fee needs to be passed on to the customer who bulks and declines to have the job done by the 3 tradies who quoted.
so combined total score is
Customer $0
3xTradie ~ -$90
HI Pages ~ +$90

as you can see, hipages, is not for the tradie

Are your tradies reference checked?

Yvonne asked on Jun 24, 2016

Answer this

Hipages does a great job, in obtaining contractors in a fast time frame.

However I have had two bad experiences when obtaining two jobs through their tradesmen and they do not do a good job and they are dodgy asking for more money once the job is done. Be careful, for rotten apples. These people are out to grab your cash and go.

Nope, not at all. Don't believe the reviews as they don't post bad reviews, only good ones. Stay well clear and use word of mouth.

Well I was verbally abused by a tradie & now am being victimised by them & their family on other review sites.Hipages could not care less.They are 100% for the tradie if a dispute about bad work comes up & they will not post anything but a 5 star review.I was duped into using a dishonest tradie as I believed all the good reviews not realizing that negative ones are never posted.I am severely out of pocket & left with a job that is even worse than it was.