there is no quality and price control.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

I have found a plumbing service, First grade plumbing. Pat Iacovangelo has inflated his bill and never exposed his fee before working on my home plumbing issue. He use VCAT and other method to make you pay high bill.
Please make sure you have quote in writing and compare with other tradies before you invite tradies to work at your home. Jian and Patrick. caulfield south.

Blue Mountains

Verified Purchase

Hi Pages does not effectively vet its advertisers; Chevron Painting & $5k of stress

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

We have completed a major upper storey renovation (kitchen/bathroom/walls moved/ceiling pinned/new flooring new gyprock/lighting etc etc) ...so we've have had quite a lot of exposure to trades and no major drama's until this.

Our experience- Hired Chevron painting thru Hi Pages; they promised the world, but did not end up providing us with a professional service. A second chance the following day didn't change the outcome (in fact job got worse).
Our result (with the painter)- we ended up with paint on our new lights, air-conditioning vents
, new kitchen range hood, new ceiling fans, new flooring, new tiles and on our new bath. Sanding & filling was haphazard at best, non-existent for most areas.Business owner [name removed] is registered painter with Fair Trading, but he didn't do the job. A 'business partner' [name removed] & a team came in to do the work (the entity is not registered as a partnership so ??). After broken promises we paid them out the majority of their quote ($4950 out of $5445 and kept the paint) but with only about 1/3 of the work complete...(and much to be re-done). Sacked them with pay, to get them off the job without further drama and damage to our 'new' home.
Our result (with HiPages) - lacklustre to say the least. Still waiting to find out if they intend to continue recommending Chevron painters to other unsuspecting consumers and to find out if our review will be posted (we cannot now access the area that lets you input a review- co incidence or?). There should be some policies and remedies for clients that have been impacted like us - what sort of consumer protection do they provide?Are HiPages now effectively the new form of "Yellow Pages" but with some discretionary reviews added?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brilliant fencers at a competitive price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

We have just had our 34 metre boundary paling fence replaced by Hank and Asan Gungor of JMP Building Services. Every aspect of the process (quoting, communicating, demolishing old paling fence, building a retaining wall, replacing fence and cleaning up the area completely) was undertaken in a highly professional manner. Ours was a tricky, complicated job for a number of reasons. However, Hank & Asan knew exactly what was required for our situation and they worked tirelessly for 4 long days to get the job done. I would rate them 5 out of 5 stars for every aspect of the job, including the competitiveness of their quote. Thank you !!

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 answer

Glide flooring

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

HI Pages connected me with 3 Floor repairers. 1 provided me a written quote. 1 demanded a case of beer to provide a written quote and the third one is detailed below.
[name removed] contacted me after I posted an add for a floor repairer. He attended my home took measurements and asked me to follow up information from the builder on the current finish of the floor, which I did diligently. I then emailed, phoned and text him over the next couple of weeks chasing my quote and he never responded again. Wasted my time and didn't have the courtesy to respond to my contacts. Very disappointing and very unprofessional. Avoid this business and don't waste your time.

• 1 answer

Horrible customer satisfaction.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

Paid extra to get my job down, which was never done and when I called Hi pages feedback centre….Answer I got
""I am sorry I have been unable to resolve your complaint at this point in time"

WHAT A JOKE………

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

Sky light installer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I have just had John from Central coast skylights install a couple skylights for me and he has done a fantastic job. Nothing was to much trouble for him and his assistant. He consulted with us every step of the way and i would highly recommend him and have him back again when i need more sky lights. Thank John job well done. 10 out of 10

Scam service!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

What an idiot I am to use hipages!!!!
Instantly inundated with surveys, spam and offers unrelated to services I'm looking for.

Rude and harassing

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

From a tradesmen side, I have found this company to be rude and harassing. I had shown interest but decided not to subscribe to Hipages. Despite making this clear to them, that I was no longer interested and did not want any more emails, I regularly receive emails and even get a call once in a while from them trying to sign me up. The last person who called me, I responded to them by telling him to stop calling me by which she then hung up. Additionally, I have heard that a lot of tradesmen get ripped-off using these guys too. So, if you are a fellow tradie, do it the "old-fashion" way and do your own advertising and scouting for jobs and stay away from these guys. You can do better.

Private message

False leads waited 3 weeks for customer support still no contact yet.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

False leads got the same one twice in 2 months. The customers never answered mobiles always by text.. Tried to cancel still waiting for customer support after 3 weeks of dealing with email.
Hi, We apologized for the delay.
We have passed this onto our Customer Success Team, and they will be in touch to discuss this with you ASAP.

Many thanks,
[name removed]
I have 6 of these messages.

Very disappointing for trades

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

The leads we were supplied were not worth paying for and then they stopped sending them and still kept taking our money from CCard for 8 months for NO LEADS at all. It took 3 emails to get them to stop and they have not yet sent a refund.

Pohlmann brothers painters

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Put the call out for painters. Pohlmann bros got the job. Arrived on time did a great job. Very professional and courteous and as per quote. Wiuld use them again and recomnend to anyone. Very happy

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Unethical site for tradies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

Fake leads, dead leads, expired leads, they have it all and will charge you for it. Don't accept any leads, they don't refund you for dodgy leads they've sent you and will take your money and give you a credit for some more dead leads.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 364 pages

Does the tradie still pay for a lead when they do not get the job they quoted for?

Lisa Quain asked on Jun 22, 2017

Answer this

Hello

I have no idea but I lost my $200 and my job not done. Spoke to Hi pages mgt....but they can't help....they have no policy to protect us....

Hi I have no idea, but from now on I am getting my own quotes by using the yellow pages.

Hi Lisa. I don't quite understand your question but i will tell you of my exxperience with the tradie i just had to install 2 skylights. I couldnt praise them enough for the workmanship and curtisity he showed. As for the tradie being paid if you dont take their quote I had 2 qoutes before deciding and i didnt have to pay for them. Hope this helps. I highly recommend the tradie on hi pages otherwise they wouldnt be recommended.

How can I work with the hipages?

Darmos asked on Jun 13, 2017

How can a person judge the tradie who advertises on hipages when theres no negative feedback allowed, and the hipages mediator is certainly biased towards the tradie/handyman who pays their wages. Terrible. Should be a law to make hipages mediate in a fair and impartial way. Horrible. What do you, the people who fork the dough think?

peter asked on May 10, 2017

Answer this

I don't think Hipages is biased toward the tradesman.
We don't get any help from Hipages when we pay to quote a job for a complete time waster.
We the handymen need some way of judging the "people who fork the dough" for wasting our time

I think that Hipages should be investigated. I recommend a complaint to Current Affair and/or 7.30 Report and 4 Corners. They are making a fortune and doing nothing about service.

ONE LADY TRYED TO HELP, the others where pro the trades person even though he admitted liability.
I have taken the case to Vcat