great way to get a tradie.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

This is a great way to get hold of a tradie who wants the work. placed the notice for painting on a Thursday, by Friday arvo 4x calls/ emails. then 3 quotes done by Saturday arvo. Job set up and started on the Next Tuesday.
I will use this service for any work I need done in the future.

good, speedy and reliabe service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

I find the website very useful, covering all kinds of services. The responses are prompt and relevant. It is always a good idea to have three quotes, as the prices offered can be very different.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

Very prompt and helpful. Kept me informed and I had a tradesman contact me within hours of my first enquiry.

great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Excellent service posted what we needed and within hours had three tradies contact us . Easy way to source help .

It's great will use it again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

I think you guys are great .You do the hard work for us .Get me the services I require then I get quotes and choose the best one.

Highly variable

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

hipages can be good, indeed very good, like finding a reliable locksmith for me. But all three concreters I responded to have failed to come back with any meaningful communication. Overall, I do not think that hipages provides a reliable and consistent service.

Sensational Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Excellent service, extremely fast response. Great follow up. Few too many emails on the follow up side of things seems internal communcation could use some work however that's minor compared to how fantastic I found the service. Have already recommended to my colleagues.

Great Service,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

All trades who contacted me were very professional. However jobs is still pending, Have contacted trades and advised them. Thank you Hipages for forwarding on my enquirey.

Fast and Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Very easy to deal with and fast results. Makes looking for Trades People a lot easier and they contract you so you don't waste your time on you making unanswered calls.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

My house was looking old & in need of attention. thank you to Darius &Emmanuel I can feel good about the new look & the good work they did. THANKS & God bless you both. Margaret smith.

Melbourne

Private message

Excellent way to find recommended local tradespeople

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

Prompt response of two very professional cabinet makers. Probably a bad time of the year as only two responses. However both were excellent and we have employed one of these.

Great easy to use way to hire a tradesperson

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2017

Hipages was an easy and quick way of getting reasonable quotes and then a polite tradies who performed the job well and promptly. Thank you Hipages

1 of 325 pages

Hi I think I misunderstood what Hipages was, I was under the assumption that the trades were all qualified, professional and highly recommended. Unfortunately it seems anyone can advertise their business with Hipages. Can you clarify this for me please?

Anne Maree Hansen asked on Oct 06, 2016

Answer this

It's up to you to make sure they are qualified. There are handy man services and there are professionals. Sensible thing to do is to ask. it's a free service...you can't expect them to hold your hand!

Hi Anne-Maree, it is very misleading, it is an advertising service for the trade services and businesses, hipages do not ever publish negative reviews on the clients they represent only positive recommendations. I found the site most misleading in that way. If they indicate they are going to hold your hand, then they should!!

Hi Anne Maree,I advise you to steer clear of hipages because when the chips are down they do not stand up for you when you get a dodgy tradesman who rips you off.They are 100% for their tradies as they never post a negative review & believe me there are lots of them on other websites.I have been ripped off severely by a tradie supplied by hipages that came with glowing reviews,but most of the reviews were fake & posted by his dishonest family.I even sent hipages all the proof that this business & reviews were dodgy but they basically wiped me & I am left with an unusable bathroom & out of pocket.I am trying to get someone to fix the dodgy work,but it is hard as no one wants to fix someone elses bad work.Also this tradie became violently abusive when last in my house I have several witnesses but hipages choose to believe the lying tradie.Get recommendations from friends,local hardware etc.NOT from hipages.

Please can you send me the Carperter that I used 2 years ago to install Skirtings around my new home?

Des asked on Sep 05, 2016

Hi Des,

Please send your contact details along with your request to support@hipages.com.au and we'll be happy to help.

I would like to know who is the head of Hipages as I would like to be able to contact them regarding being verbally abused & intimidated by a tradie that got my details through them?This is a very serious request,please answer.

solarstar asked on Aug 31, 2016

Hi,

I wouldn't waste your time. They say they will be ever so sorry, but ultimately do nothing about it and let the tradie stay on the site. They won't even put negative reviews up as they are not a "review site", even though they contact customers for feedback, and only put the positive reviews up.

Thankyou Peabody for taking the time to read this & send a reply.Yes I totally agree with you as I have been in contact & I have come to realize that they are for the tradie.I feel like I have been completely wiped after being treated very badly by one of their" trusted" tradies.

hi guys, just quickly throwing in my 2cents worth, as while i understand there are uncouth tradies out there, i do not believe HIPages is for the tradies. i say this because, as a tradie, we are not very well looked after either. clients post online that they would like a job done and show surprise if a small job still costs over $100, most clients dont realise that hipages has already made at least $60 by the time 3 tradies call them up, living about 15km from melbourne, and as an electrician the average cost for me to quote a 10min job is between $21 and $31, a 10min job cannot absorb such a high cost and the fee needs to be passed on to the customer who bulks and declines to have the job done by the 3 tradies who quoted.
so combined total score is
Customer $0
3xTradie ~ -$90
HI Pages ~ +$90

as you can see, hipages, is not for the tradie