My experience was very positive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I had never used hipages before, but I needed some carpet laid pronto, as I'd been let down by a tradesman, from another source, and my reupholstered lounge suite was being delivered in a few days. I wrote what I needed doing, on the hipages quote request, and I had one response within the hour, and another the next day. The job was done within a couple of days. I was very happy with the result, and with the tradesmen that did my job. From my experience, I would recommend hipages.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

Prompt contact and quote, very happy with job done, highly recommend hipages for future trade works and will recommend to friends.

Hassle free, very impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

I was impressed with the professionalism of the Contractors who contacted me. They all turned up when they said they would and were knowledgeable about their trade.

Fast, Efficient and pleasurable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

Same day service, job professionally completed. Good price for service. Couldn't find local tradies in phone book or they where not interested or unable to help. Excellent service with hipages.

2 jobs filled no problem ,with satisfaction

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

garden, quick response and completion, very good
cleaning , on going monthly , very good
handyman, no responses to varied jobs I need done

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
Private message

Excellent gyprockersc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

Very professional tradesman came when they said they would very good price highly recommend tony sultana they cleaned up afterwards very trustworthy

If you want a job done - register it with Hipages

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

I think this is a fantastic service because Trades people approach you if they are interested in your job rather than ringing many and finding they are either too busy or not interested.

Windows cleaned

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

Very pleased with the young man who came. Happy for him to come next year. He offered me a discount for next year.

So far So Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

At the start of the quoting process Hipages quickly provided 3 relevant contractors in the site location plus another in reserve.

Found me an Excellent Plumber

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

I got a number of jobs done by ONE PRO Plumbing in Eastern Melbourne. Wade was fantastic to deal with and i was always updated with information. The work done is excellent. Could not be happier.

Thanks for your help finding a reliable tradie.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

It was great for Hipages to find a reliable tradie. It saved me the hassle of phoning around explaining what I wanted done.

Pest control

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

I got my house sprayed by Express Pest Control and I was blown away by how thorough he was.I honestly got to the point in saying to myself wow he's still going,I have had my house sprayed afew times over the years but not like how Express Control sprayed my house. Carl was very professional and curtious I fully recommend Express Pest Control you won't regret it.
MW Wynnums

1 of 313 pages

Hi I think I misunderstood what Hipages was, I was under the assumption that the trades were all qualified, professional and highly recommended. Unfortunately it seems anyone can advertise their business with Hipages. Can you clarify this for me please?

Anne Maree Hansen asked on Oct 06, 2016

Answer this

It's up to you to make sure they are qualified. There are handy man services and there are professionals. Sensible thing to do is to ask. it's a free service...you can't expect them to hold your hand!

Hi Anne-Maree, it is very misleading, it is an advertising service for the trade services and businesses, hipages do not ever publish negative reviews on the clients they represent only positive recommendations. I found the site most misleading in that way. If they indicate they are going to hold your hand, then they should!!

Hi Anne Maree,I advise you to steer clear of hipages because when the chips are down they do not stand up for you when you get a dodgy tradesman who rips you off.They are 100% for their tradies as they never post a negative review & believe me there are lots of them on other websites.I have been ripped off severely by a tradie supplied by hipages that came with glowing reviews,but most of the reviews were fake & posted by his dishonest family.I even sent hipages all the proof that this business & reviews were dodgy but they basically wiped me & I am left with an unusable bathroom & out of pocket.I am trying to get someone to fix the dodgy work,but it is hard as no one wants to fix someone elses bad work.Also this tradie became violently abusive when last in my house I have several witnesses but hipages choose to believe the lying tradie.Get recommendations from friends,local hardware etc.NOT from hipages.

Please can you send me the Carperter that I used 2 years ago to install Skirtings around my new home?

Des asked on Sep 05, 2016

Hi Des,

Please send your contact details along with your request to support@hipages.com.au and we'll be happy to help.

I would like to know who is the head of Hipages as I would like to be able to contact them regarding being verbally abused & intimidated by a tradie that got my details through them?This is a very serious request,please answer.

solarstar asked on Aug 31, 2016

Hi,

I wouldn't waste your time. They say they will be ever so sorry, but ultimately do nothing about it and let the tradie stay on the site. They won't even put negative reviews up as they are not a "review site", even though they contact customers for feedback, and only put the positive reviews up.

Thankyou Peabody for taking the time to read this & send a reply.Yes I totally agree with you as I have been in contact & I have come to realize that they are for the tradie.I feel like I have been completely wiped after being treated very badly by one of their" trusted" tradies.

hi guys, just quickly throwing in my 2cents worth, as while i understand there are uncouth tradies out there, i do not believe HIPages is for the tradies. i say this because, as a tradie, we are not very well looked after either. clients post online that they would like a job done and show surprise if a small job still costs over $100, most clients dont realise that hipages has already made at least $60 by the time 3 tradies call them up, living about 15km from melbourne, and as an electrician the average cost for me to quote a 10min job is between $21 and $31, a 10min job cannot absorb such a high cost and the fee needs to be passed on to the customer who bulks and declines to have the job done by the 3 tradies who quoted.
so combined total score is
Customer $0
3xTradie ~ -$90
HI Pages ~ +$90

as you can see, hipages, is not for the tradie