Blaxland

• 1 comment
Private message

Fabulous Find a Tradie Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

This is the second time I have used Hipages. It is extremely useful, especially for property owners who may not live in the area and therefore do not know one tradesperson from another. I also find that you are not chasing tradespeople to do the job. Only those who are interested contact you. I found the right person for the job who had very reasonable rates, was efficient and prompt. Who could ask for more?

Formview building

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Hipages got me the builder very quickly & they are very professional with the job they do & respond to you for any queries ASAP & I recommend them as they helped me with their services I got 2 quotes done & went with Formview :-) I had a granny flat built by formview & they done an excellent job & supplied great appliance & I'm very happy that I choose them & it was done in the time they said it would be done & recommend them to anyone who is looking for a granny flat or building. They are very professional.
Regards,
Jack

Sydney

• 1 comment
Private message

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I recently signed up for hi pages I do high pressure cleaning and lawn mowing.
98% of the quotes they sent me are lawn mowing alone and to quote a lawn mowing job its $9-$12 a lead a standard lawn job is $50 or $60 and you have to drive out quote it and you dont know if you're even going to get the job. High pressure cleaning is $22 and up a lead.
BIt of a rip off.
I accepted a few leads 60% don't answer
1 lady told me she didnt know what I was talking about and had no grass.
I honestly think that google add words and alot better value for money atleast they call you.

Big waste of time and money.

Work Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Worked well with very prompt response. However, continuous emails seeking information are unnecessary. Tradesmen take time to complete quotes so an appropriate time should be allowed for that to place especially when three or four quotes are gathered. Hi Pages do make it easy to marry up with appropriate tradesmen and that is a real benefit for busy people. There is the option of using the nominated parties or not, again a bonus.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I wanted the hob in the shower removed and contacted hipages who gave me names of three different companies. All three companies contacted me the same day, came over to the house to see what I wanted done and gave me quotations. I accepted one of the quotations and was really pleased that he was able to do the job the next morning. The whole procedure was so effortless and I was really pleased with the outcome.

Great service and follow up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Extremely happy with the service and the follow up. Happy to recommended it to all my family and friends. Thank you

This is very efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I released a house cleaning request, the next day I have received three offers, and the offers very reasonable, I think this platform is worth recommending

great service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

very very helpful .Its great having tradies contact me .I can then make a call as to who I will go with

Very GOOD service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Have used on 3 occasions now. Extremely prompt response from the trades requested. Good outcomes so far. Still awaiting completion of painting & plastering work

the only way to find a tradie

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

this is the second time i have used hipages response within the hour no longer do i have chase up trades they chase me highly recommended

Worked for me!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

Needed a service and wanted qualified trades people to provide quotes, got both very simply after using the website. After that had a brief call to confirm detail and very soon was contacted by several trades people, ended getting the job done through a hipages contact and satisfied customer I am.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

Posted on Hipages for a tradie. Had a call within the hour. On site quote within 2 hours .job completed within 4 hours of post. great service & price

1 of 337 pages

Why doesnt hipages stand behind their claim that all tradies listed are checked and verified as well as they have a team who checks license and abn verifications? Their TOS states "We do not examine, determine or warrant the certification and/or licensing, competence, solvency or information of any professional or facility listed in our directories" they use this excuse when a job goes south even though a representative even says "We actually have a dedicated team that checks if licenses that were submitted are accurate". Got stung by a dodgy tradie and even though i cant get in contact with him, hipages are not only letting him ckntinue advertsing and listing great reviews, but are also giving me the runaround. Where do people stand legaly with this farce of a site?

Sliverin asked on Feb 17, 2017

Hi , i got a quote from branicas landscaping through Hipages and he ask me the advance for buying material, i bank transfered $2000 , after that, he doesn't pick up my phone and disconnect his phone and not respond to emails, when I complaint to Hipages they also not responding my email or phone call, how to solve and get back my money, is there any insurance to claim back, I worked very hard to earn that money, is there any help? Thanks and regards Chitty

bala asked on Feb 14, 2017

Answer this

They are obviously a scammer, and should be reported immediately. I did a little search for Branicas Landscaping and it is truly suspicious. Their ABN (Which truthfully anyone can obtain) was created back in 2010, yet they have a lack of activity and despite seven years passing, no reviews. I could only find one, which appeared to be fake. This could be incorrect, but your first step should be contacting Branicas Landscaping through public information on the internet to ensure that you were scammed by Branicas Landscaping and not somebody impersonating them. The companies ABN is 92 271 043 491 and it is registered under the name Hexter, Michael J.

As for getting your money back. It is truly a difficult situation as the money transferred was a personal transaction. Do not place your hopes in hipages as they will only claim the transaction was not sanctioned by them nor complies with their policies so they are unrelated to it, which is not incorrect. If the "tradesman" gave you an invoice for the deposit, you can use that to have the funds transfer reversed for failing to provide the services paid for. I suspect that is not the case so what you should do is speak directly with your bank as soon as possible to see if they can do anything about the situation. The scammer has to have a bank account, and that is something that can't run away. The only problem will be if the funds have already been withdrawn, in which your next step would be the police.

I saw your review and that total amount was $5600. A landscaper is listed under a Domestic Builder (Limited). In accordance with the VBA, to accept a job over $5000 they need be registered with the VBA and hold the appropriate competencies/qualifications. Should the authorities be able to help you track the scammer down, and he still refuses to repay you the money, you can then take him to a court tribunal to seek reparations. However, even should they be ordered to repay the money, there is no method to force them to do so.

I hope this can help you. These scammers know how to run away, making them difficult to catch. In order to do so, a lot of persistence is required.

Thank you, he is not ready to pay money,so i am taking him to VCAT, i will wait and see what happens

Hey anyone know how to unsubscribe from Hipages? tried out the free trial for my mowing business and found it really isn't what i want (you have to pay for a membership or something and the you also have to "buy" in a way, all the jobs you want to accept) I have apparently unsubscribed and my trial apparently finished a few days ago but i am still getting like 15 messages a day from them. infuriating as i work during the day and have my phone vibrating in my pocket every 10 mins :( also even worse the lead messages all come from different numbers so no way to block them all!! please help!

James asked on Feb 10, 2017

Answer this

I would recommend to give them a call and tell them to turn off everything . and delete your profile too.