Just terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Customer service is not helpful. Sales respond within minutes but when it comes to issues it's been 2 months I am struggling with them. Bad service.

Do not use as a tradie

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Been with this company for 4 years and for the last year it is a joke while you get locked in a contract the per lead price has risen from $16 on average to $26 per lead this is a massive jump so it essentially halves the number of leads you can claim on your contract value.
Most leads are non replies so you payed for nothing.
Most other lead provider sites are way better in value.
The other thing about Hipages they said they only sell the lead 3 times and I'm told regularly that people receive more than 3 leads???

Hipages was very helpful

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

I used Hipages to find an air conditioner installer. Within an hour I received 3 replies, all of whom gave quotes within 2 working days. The 3 quotes were similar which gave me confidence that the prices were fair. The electrician (and crew) I chose were polite, professional and capable. The job was completed in 4 working days from request to installation. Very happy
Aside: As requested by Hipages, and to be polite, I informed the unsuccessful bidders that I had gone with a different Electrician. Some customers not doing this step may be the cause of some negative reviews by tradies.

Hi Pages is a scam - if you are a Tradie DO NOT SIGN UP to this

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Hi - wanted to post a warning to all tradies out there about HI Pages and signing up with them.
Don't do it !!!
I have run my own business as a tradie for 14 years and signed up to them to try and boost leads and generate extra work.
They send through text messages from clients (who apparently pay) to be connected with a specialist tradie in their region and then you as the Tradie can elect to choose to accept or decline the lead. If you accept the lead you pay for it (which is fair enough).
However In my experience I have received over 35
leads (in approx. 1 month) and have accepted around 20 of these - costing me an average of $11.00 per lead - so approx. $ 220.00 and when you try to contact the lead they do not answer either, email, text or calls. They are completely Fake, Fake, Fake!!!!!!!
They list a Sydney number to call for help and when you call it you are forwarded to a call centre in the Philippines - where you can leave a message (don't bother they wont return your call) - they pretend to try to connect you back with Sydney and it never happens (tried this 8 times now).
David Vitek and Robert Sharon-Zipser should be ashamed of themselves - at least a common thief accepts that he is one.
Its a total scam - avoid it at all costs

Sydney

• 2 comments

Terrific Tilers!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

I used Absolute Tiling Pty Ltd
Sam answered promptly.
He and his partner were punctual, honest and hard-working.
They have done a fantastic job on my Kitchen floor and I will be using them again soon for my balcony!
Can't recommend them highly enough!
Liz and Geoff White

Private message

Tradies beware - hipages is a nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Been paying money to this organisation for two years, firstly 90% of the leads are a joke, you're lucky if you get a response at all. I also found many of the clients would take the detailed estimations and then I'd never hear from them again. If you are any sort of self-respecting tradie this is not the place for you. Secondly, they harassed me week in week out to sign up to a contract which I never agreed to, but signed me up anyway and now refuse to stop it. I have called and emailed them about it and they have said 'you must have agreed to a contract'.... when asked to provide evidence of this they have just ignored me. Off to the Ombudsman on Monday to sort them out! Avoid at all costs!!!

Melbourne

Private message

Keep away from these scammers

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Signed up with these dogs , paid 13 leads only 3 responded , bloody rubbish FAKE FAKE FAKE Save ur money believe me

Perfect, very professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Had a clean up job request and I was very fortunate to have had Dane to do it for me. It's rare to have people who are passionate about whatever they do and even to give it their best; and that was how Dane conducted the job from start to finish. He was very punctual and efficient and I will certainly have him back on an ongoing basis. Well done Dane and thank you very much.
Hipages was very prompt and efficient when I put through the request for a clean up and garden maintenance Will always use hipages for any further jobs in the future for the quality service they provide.

never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

i tried them once,on a trial,bbut i was getting too many texts,i told them to stop,they didnt,o just coouldnt get rid of them,even when i rang the office,they couldnt stop me getting textx,...shocking service,i,m never trying it again

SYD

• 1 answer
Private message

Hipages just cant do anything for you when the tradies they put through to you done a wrong thing

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

I use the tradies they put through and then the thing broken again in three days because the the frame isnt put togeather in a the right way.

the tradie wouldnt come back to fix it and too bad i already paid. Hipages said they cant do anything to force him come back finish the issue and i either have to pay for someone else to fix it or seek help from fairtrading.

what i need hipages for then ? they hardly return any phone calls as well

Do not trust them

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

I recently signed up to hipages, I told them when signing up I wasn't that keen as I used 'service seeking' and how bad that was. But was told "we are completely different" I said
so I don't have to pay just to get a phone number,
"no no no we are paid for lead"
" so I get the number and if i do the work then i get charged?"
"yes"
OK so i signed up

Turns out you have to pay for every lead you except, Out of 5 leads, 2 people responded. Both took about 15-30 mins at their place and then spending time to do the quote. Both did not cont
act me back. And for the 5 leads hipages are charging 105$.. so from signing up. Ive lost 100$ in sign up fee - 2-3 hours of my time - and 105$ in lead fees..
Would not recommend to anyone looking to try and start a business.

Oh and after i signed up, I accepted a lead, it said you will be charged for this. I thought this was strange as it was different from what I was told. So i quickly messeged the support team, asking why i would be charged when i didn't do the job. (the same day i signed up) 2 days later they messaged me back and said yes you will be charged for the leads you accept. I said will cancel my account as I contacted you within the 48hour cooling off period. but because i accepted a lead that voids the cooling off period!

ABSOLUTE SCAM! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! DO NOT SIGN UP!!!!!!!

Mentone

Fridge Repair

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

Great prompt and professional service from Tony (Ace Appliance Repairs). Friendly and thorough, Tony made a fantastic impression. I will definitely use him again.

1 of 361 pages

How can a person judge the tradie who advertises on hipages when theres no negative feedback allowed, and the hipages mediator is certainly biased towards the tradie/handyman who pays their wages. Terrible. Should be a law to make hipages mediate in a fair and impartial way. Horrible. What do you, the people who fork the dough think?

peter asked on May 10, 2017

Answer this

I don't think Hipages is biased toward the tradesman.
We don't get any help from Hipages when we pay to quote a job for a complete time waster.
We the handymen need some way of judging the "people who fork the dough" for wasting our time

I need to cancel a job i put through on hipages. How can i stop it so that tradies are not charged?

Ddd asked on May 09, 2017

How do I get to talk to someone at Hipages? I am not prepared to hand my Bank card details over to any one. I would like to do the preposed solar installation.

george asked on Apr 09, 2017

Answer this

You need to provide Hipages with your bank details because every job you accept from them you pay a fee to Hipages.
Annoying when you accept jobs from time wasters