Verified Purchase

Terrible! Total rip off and not willing to accept their mistakes!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

Zero customer service, poor communication between internal departments and everything is customers's fault attitude. Home plans were changed by draftsman between prestart and slab down without informing us. When noticed sink have been installed at incorrect position we were told that "it is your responsibility to check final plan" and now they want to charge extra to put back onto original position. Total rip off. Customers beware before signing up. They will change something at their end and will make you pay for it. Homebuyers Centre this will go to ombudsman.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Saumil, We were disappointed to see your 1 star review, but thank you for taking the time to share your experience as this does allow us to enhance our service. We would truly like for you to en... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

What started out perfect has turned into such a hassle

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2016

We had 2 different supervisors during our build but they handed over the day of my final inspection and none of my pre inspection work had been done. I had professional building inspectors come and do an inspection and provided it to home buyers and the supervisor 3 times. I have had someone come twice to fix some of the issues but then leave quite a few unfinished. The supervisor is incredibly overworked so I thought that's fine it will just get finished on the defects list at the 6 month mark, right? Wrong! No one contacted me at all despite the paperwork being sent through weeks ago. I have doors that won't close, big cracks in the paint, hinges that aren't correctly in the doors and big concrete chunks missing under light switches. I have emailed the service team over and over again and still nothing. It started of so well and the lack of follow up and my constant need to nag them to get 1 or 2 items of off the list fixed has been a nightmare.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth, Western Australia

• 3 comments

Dodgy workmanship

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2016

From the start everything was dodgy. The brickwork was shocking and every other trade that worked on it was shocking. It seems like they have too much work and just do it to get it over and done with. Was lied to from the onset and throughout. Every time I raised issues I was promised but nothing was delivered. Clever use of the interest payments deadlines ensures you sign off on work done no matter how bad it is.

I would not use or recommend them to anyone else. Customer service just as shocking. Apparently a long warranty for structural defects does not cover much.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Gluey, We were disappointed to see your one star review. We would love to discuss your experience further, can you please contact our office on 9240 1111. Kind Regards, Homebuyers Centre

So you can send a inspector to tell me that all the problems I have are technically in tolerance and not really problems. Or that the paint on the door frames and ceilings in my two yr old home wa... read more »

Hi Gluey,

Our Building Manager is going to make contact with you via phone to arrange a meeting or at least discuss your concerns further.

Kind Regards,

• 2 comments

Don't Waste Your Time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2016

Poor workmanship and very bad at rectifying problems, it takes months and months of constant nagging to get anything actioned. We went through a total of 3 supervisors during our small 2 by 1 build. They are poorly managed and given a ridiculous amount of work load. Hence why they all leave. The customer service team is a waste of time, they are impatient and not very understanding of customers and their concerns, they give incorrect information or no information at all then wonder why you do not know what to do.

Our sales rep was great I cannot fault him, it was during the build that home buyers fell apart.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi MWils, Thanks for providing your feedback as this does allow us to enhance our service. Your review has been passed onto one our Service Manager's who should be in touch shortly. Regards, Homebuyers Centre

When would this be? in another 6months? Interesting that soon to your company is more than 1 week later. Sounds a lot like the experience of our build. Regards MWils

Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi MWils, Our customer has arranged a meeting with you. Kind Regards, Homebuyers Centre

Ellenbrook

• 1 comment

Poor quality stressful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2016

Ok we're do I start with this dodgy builder and there workmanship, outside has been painted poorly, chips in render, outside courtyard was not finished which I did myself, drains are not level and some of the pipe work is not glued in the ground, down pipes fell down which I had to rivert, ceiling in garage has been covered up with light fitting to cover big hole, inside the sliding door frames were dented, dent on door frame laundry, door frames aren't painted properly, looks like one coat has been applied, dirt behind the paint on the doors, draw in kitchen doesn't line up, tiles in bathroom are flat so water doesn't run down drain properly, front door not cut straight when closed and is starting to come apart, light fittings fell of including the light fitting on the wall out the back, every time I ask this builder to fix something they make it worse, paving out back yard is not level and the steps aren't straight. Out the front there are broken brick and poorly painted with render never finished and some plastic around door frames and Windows still. Text screws left in gutters with scrap tin so they rust in years to come. Never ever build or recommend this dodgy builder. Dave

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Dave
Sorry to hear this, we are going to look into this asap. Could you please email me your contact details to customerservice@homebuyers.com.au so we can get in touch?
Monique

• 5 helpful votes

Poor Standards

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2015

Homebuyers centre was great to begin with until we were forced by progression to get the keys even though they had damaged our front retainer wall and said they were going to fix it properly, they came out and fixed the wall but with a completely different coloured block and have time and time again after repeatative calls avoided contact even though our contract states they will rectify the wall. The block is white and our wall is dark grey they also didnt even grout the blocks in properly leaving it jagged and not filled in. It looks complete ly out of sync and since they haven't gotten back to us in months we have not been able to put up our front fence which puts our children in danger as we have an unsecured lake across the road, or been able to get our front landscaping done leaving our house looking like a big grey sand pit. We have been more than compliant with them but it has gotten to the stage of ridiculous as time and time again they have said they will be in contact and never have. We would not recommend to build with them as they have no care for the safety and standard of their work or adhere to their policies.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Colin, We were disappointed to see your 1 star review. We happily repaired the retaining wall and the new fence. Regards, Homebuyers Centre

• 15 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Shocking builder with terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2015

Numerous issues with this builder and resolve finance. Caught them out for ripping us off for tiles during pre start and they ignored our email for two weeks and also overcharged $700 for thickened windows we didn't need. Took 5 weeks to finalise prestart cause they couldn't get plans correct, drawn up by our own engineer in the end!
Told us just before site works due to commence they had no brickies and to expect a 12 week delay. We supplied our own Brickie as a nominated trade and then they took 5weeks to get bricks to site. Bricks finished
1st jan 2015 and we were told our roof would start week commencing 26th jan as our roofer was on extended leave from xmas! Today (27th jan) we were told "the site manager is hoping a roofing contractor will commence this week. He has the contractor booked in but is waiting for him to finish the job he is currently on and then he will move onto yours."
We don't get emails or calls to update us with anything, we leave messages and don't get called back, the admin manager hung up on me when I complained about the service and we are totally fed up with them and no even finished yet!
Resolve finance (owned by homebuyers) screwed up our finance and made a shortfall of $1500 due to their incompetence and couldn't even explain where it came from! Took weeks of investigating and dragging out paperwork to find out it was them missing out fees and writing the wrong deposit for our land in our final finance costs! Luckily the bank covered the stuff up.
The list goes on but our advice would be to steer clear of this lot!!!!

15 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 answers

Buyer Beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2014

+ Unreliable , lies, unprofessional , just wanted to sell , no customer service

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Chloe123,
Sorry to hear this. Could you please email me your contact details to customerservice@homebuyers.com.au so we can get in touch?
Adrienne

• 5 helpful votes

Stay far far away!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2014

We've been waiting nearly a year since having our finance approved. We were very naive & didn't shop around thinking we would have a great experience going through a large reputable company. We made the mistake of going through their in house finance company, Resolve Finance. We met with finance once & were advised to go with a $0 deposit home loan and received a rude awakening months later at settlement where we were told we had to come up with $13k+ . Our finance was approved in July 2013, land titled in March 2014, settlement went through in April 2014. It's now June & we have to make mortgage repayments despite the fact construction hasn't even begun & are receiving no information from Homebuyers Centre. God only knows if/and when we will ever get our so called dream home. Our client liaison officer has been utterly useless. It has been a horrible experience & I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. My biggest regret was not having done my research prior to signing with Homebuyers Centre. Anyone reading this do yourself a favour & steer clear!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Riva,
Adrienne

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Worst Experience Ever - Buyer Beware!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2013

I signed with Homebuyers Centre WA in Feb 2013 to build a small 2 x 1 house and land package and it has been nothing but a disaster. I'm so stressed now, I still have nothing on my block of land and it is Nov and I'm paying mortgage repayments, water bills and rent. I have written countless emails and made so many phone calls and I just can't get any where. This company from their in house finance department - Resolve Finance to the HBC staff are incompetent and careless. From the start the Sales Rep was so pushy and made promises he didn't kee p. He had such an attitude and talked down to me and made me feel so uncomfortable. At that stage I thought I would keep going as this H&L package was in my price range and the area I wanted to be in so I went ahead anyway in the hope it would get better. I have since realised that isn't going to happen. The Financial Advisor from Resolve Finance just wanted to get me signed and didn't care about getting a loan that was suited to my needs or about helping to get the loan started. Luckily I went directly to the bank who helped heaps; meanwhile the Rep got paid for doing nothing. I wanted to make small changes to the plan and being as inflexible as HBC are they just put a huge price tag on it in the hope to deter me from wanting the change. I went to my Pre-start meeting and it took 5 months to get the final documents in the meantime I had 5 different client liaisons (obviously they have a hight staff turn around). I could keep going on but the moral of the story is buyer beware. If you want heartache this is the builder for you. It's too late for me I'm in too far and I just have to ride the wave. Wish me luck!

- Bad financial advice, bad customer service, don't keep promises

• 6 helpful votes

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2013

+ There building that they work in that's it !

- Useless people finance people couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

• 22 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2012

- Very obviously spinning lies to get you to sign up. They have a great speech prepared for first homebuyers who arn't really sure how everything works, and i'm sure alot of people would easily fall in to their trap.

40 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 3 pages

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to customersupport@homebuyers.com.au, we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Homebuyers Centre

I have submitted an email to Homebuyers customer support on the 3/10/16 and have no one attended to my structural defects of the house yet. It needs refix of the Bulkhead into position, prop back to original location .. bulkhead to rear bedroom as its now causing damage to the plaster walls and ceilings. I have also attached pictures of the defects/damage to the effect. I have contacted three times in the past few days and spoke to 3 different ladies. Please respond asap as it requires rectification without further delay. Thanks, Lillian of Southern River, 6110 WA

Lilly asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Lilly

Thank you for getting in touch – we are sorry to hear you have experienced these issues.

We have forwarded this matter on as a high priority to our customer service team and they will get back to you soon with an outcome.

Kind regards,