Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Feb 2017

Lovely new home.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Things went smoothly during the building of my home & Homebuyers picked up on any problems early on. I am happy with the end result & Jon (site manager) was very helpful & got a few minor things fixed up shortly after handover. The only problem was with the final payment which was a fault on Westpacs part & only delayed things by a day or two. Also l do regret not being able to view a display home based on my plan, but overall I am happy with my new home, thank you & l would recommend Homebuyers to other people looking to build.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Laura, Thank you for taking the time to leave this detailed feedback for our team. We are happy to hear you are impressed with the quality and build of your home, and that the minor fixes h... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Nice to finally have our own home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2016

Been in the house for 2 weeks now. So far so good. There are a few things that could have used a bit more attention to detail like the painting of the doors, floor trims, cut of the lino flooring, roof paint has a textured instead of smooth finish. Our internet only works when the modem is plugged straight into the nbn box, obviously the points haven't been connected properly which we will be bringing to homebuyers attention to sort out. Structurally the place is so far so good. The process was quick and relatively painless. The only problem w e had at the beginning was with our mortgage broker from resolve finance - was quite inept. Luke was fantastic and made the whole initial process a breeze. He encouraged the "step in the door" that we needed and basically got us into our first home. The house went up quite quickly. Unfortunately it sat for a couple of weeks completed and wasn't until we rang and chased up what was going on that everything got signed off and we were able to move in. It's so nice to be in our own home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Hannah Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this detailed review. We really appreciate it as it will assist us in our customer service processes moving forward. We will also be sure... read more »

Verified Purchase

Not As Bad as everyone says!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I thought building a house would be fun and enjoyable but I was wrong from the get go! When we first signed with Home buyers everyone said they weren't as good as the rest and were a basic builder, but they were wrong, Home buyers were actually pretty good from the Very beginning to the handover process, obviously they weren't perfect (no one is) but they were a lot better than I was lead to believe! Everyone from the House designer to the customer service ladies were helpful the best they could be and they were always willing to help no matter what, The build of the house has been of great build and quality and overall Myself and my partner are glad we went with them,

Now the bad parts....
During the first plans and prestart there's a few things that weren't mentioned to us like add ons or upgrades that could of made parts of the house better,
The main issues was the communication, we got an email on every update of the build but that was it, if you want to know something or ask a question you had to ring them, no one rang you and asked a simple "was there anything you need help with" or Do you have any questions" this "human contact would of been nice as its a scary thing building a house for the first time,

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Matthew, Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We are very happy to hear you had a good experience with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the initial process and communication d... read more »

Exceeded expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2016

I have built numerous times but my first with Homebuyers and it has exceeded my expectations! There was a bit of a hiccup initially with my land title being delayed. As a result, I had to pay a price increase for the building materials. Of course the delay was through no fault of Homebuyers; I only wished they could have absorbed the price increase. Anyway after we got the paperwork out of the way, it has been smooth sailing. The quality of the building was completed to a good level and in good time too. Our site supervisor Daniel has been very helpful and professional. Defects picked up during the handover was promptly addressed and rectified. The Customer Service Team has also been very helpful and accommodating.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Sounds like you got good customer service and a quality build. Thanks for building with us Sim LS.

Verified Purchase

Happy I Went With Homebuyers :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

The house turned out exactly how I wanted it to! The quality of the build was great, all touch ups were dealt with straight away and to a quality standard.

As a first home buyer it was a great experience, they made the process simple and straightforward to understand. Thank you to Chris R and Mark aswell as the Customer Service Team for helping me with all queries and questions I had

So excited to move in! Would definitely recommend homebuyers to my friends and family :)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks Stephie! We love to hear that the process was easy for yourself as a First Home Buyer.

Stress free build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

We were extremely happy with the quality of workmanship displayed at our house, and how the build was managed. The tradesmen have completed our house to a high standard, and we feel they did not rush the build.

We were pretty happy with customer service, however a couple of pieces of small info were not told to us which had to be sorted later in the build.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

A stress free build is the kind of build you want!

Great

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2016

We love this home. It is almost perfect only thing we would change is more of the Windows to open.
Other then that the build time was very quick and the house has been built to an above quality standard.
The 900mm kitchen appliances are fantastic and we constantly get compliments on them. We would recommend others to build with homebuyers centre.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We love that you love your home! Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Verified Purchase

We absolutely love our house!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2016

The quality of the house is outstanding. We got everything we wanted. If there was a reason for something we were told the reason. If there was an issue we had with the build it got fixed or altered.

Very minor issue with how fast plate height was progressing but everything else was on time or quicker than expected.

The customer service was excellent. Very supportive staff and accommodated our requests without any issues.

Overall we have had a fabulous experience with Homebuyers and would recommend them to our friends.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Amanda, Thanks for the four star review! Fabulous to hear that you got a quality home at the end of the build. It is a pity you had a couple of issues but great to hear they were resolved. Enjoy... read more »

Verified Purchase

Happy to be in our new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2016

We chose the homebuyers center as we hadn't been living in Australia for long and was unsure about getting finance. It ended up being easy to finance our house with their help. The paperwork at the beginning seemed to take a long time. But as soon as the slab went down building began and progressed quickly. It was 1 year from start to finish. We are happy with our new home. We had no problems with the builders.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

That's what we aim to do, make it easy with our three step process. Finance, Land and Home. Excellent to hear that you had no problems, all the best with your new home.

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
Private message

We built a House!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2015

Our experience with The Homebuyers Centre was great. The office girls and our onsite supervisor were excellent, and were always friendly and helpful throughout the entire process. We wish we had of chosen a different sales consultant but our pre-start consultant was amazing and knowledgeable and made it an easy process.
Our Site Supervisor was awesome and was always on time, friendly, professional, extremely hard working and made it a fairly smooth experience for us. We experienced a couple of delays here and there but our Supervisor was on the ball and made sure we got our new house for Christmas!! Thanks :)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the review Kath

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Verified Purchase

Good and bad experience, but ended with a great new house.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2015

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thank you for the review Haylee. Love hearing that you are happy with your home!

Just want to add one more comment for people. If you have fibre optic in your estate, make sure you confirm it with them at each stage of the building process. We supplied copies of the fibre requi... read more »

Pain free build!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2015

Overall the building process from start to finish was super smooth. Each staff member we dealt with had a wealth of knowledge or were able to pass us onto someone who could help. We never waited more than a day for someone to contact us if we had any enquires. Pre start staff were helpful and not pushy. As a first time homeowner I can see how people get sucked into all the upgrades but I never felt obligated to upgrade things I personally did not find necessary. The actual build for us was pain free. No delays and the workman ship overall is of good quality. We never heard from the supervisor which I'm sure is a good thing and I appreciate that our house wasn't the only one they were building but it would be nice to have at least a monthly update as to what stage we were up to. As we did not live close to our build, we did not do regular drive bys and the only time we knew things were progressing was when we received an invoice. Overall, this has been a great build experience and I would highly recommend the Homebuyers Centre.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Pain free, that's the kind of process you want when building a new home.

1 of 4 pages

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to customersupport@homebuyers.com.au, we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,
Homebuyers Centre

I have submitted an email to Homebuyers customer support on the 3/10/16 and have no one attended to my structural defects of the house yet. It needs refix of the Bulkhead into position, prop back to original location .. bulkhead to rear bedroom as its now causing damage to the plaster walls and ceilings. I have also attached pictures of the defects/damage to the effect. I have contacted three times in the past few days and spoke to 3 different ladies. Please respond asap as it requires rectification without further delay. Thanks, Lillian of Southern River, 6110 WA

Lilly asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Lilly

Thank you for getting in touch – we are sorry to hear you have experienced these issues.

We have forwarded this matter on as a high priority to our customer service team and they will get back to you soon with an outcome.

Kind regards,