• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2010

Overall pleased with end product. Good advice on area and home, took less time than i was originally told, good finish in the end. Only thing was a bit of the roof on my feature wall which is now sorted. Have recommended to friends & family.

+ were able to help me with everything from finance through to the house being finished. Big design range to choose from which i was guided through as it was my first home.

- Only thing was one small section of the roof i was unhappy with. Took two times to fix it over a couple of weeks, supervisor saw my point of view so helped out.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2011

Great service and very friendly and helpful. The finance department was a little slow at calling me back but when I spoke to them they were always helpful. Our building supervisor was the best – very proactive and quick.

+ friendly and helpful

- call backs could have been a bit quicker

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 10 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2011

Sales guy was straight forward, genuine and basically helped me to fulfil a dream of home ownership. Everyone I dealt with was professional and had good knowledge, especially the guy helping me with my finance. Pre-start was fairly smooth however I was a tad rushed. She was able to guide me through decision making well enough though. Also received updates on a regular basis so I was stoked with that.

+ very straight forward and the standard was very high

- prestart a tad rushed

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2011

I have just moved into my home in Butler having moved from New Zealand and it’s amazing how easy the process was, especially for 2 people who knew nothing about Perth! From the start everything was explained well to us. I found all people I spoke to very obliging. I was given great guidance and ideas on what colours to choose and they didn’t ever tire of me asking questions. I was provided with consistent updates which were important to us however over the Christmas break we obviously didn’t receive any which was a tad frustrating but what can you do when all offices are closed. We are tremendously pleased with our house and it is fast becoming our new home away from home.

+ updates and service

- lack of updates during the Christmas break

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 57 helpful votes

+ Nothing
The fact my partner and I got out of there as quick as possible

- Absolutely everything

From the receptionists, the BS they constantly spin, to the finished product… this company needs to be put out of business as soon as possible

Biggest rip off in building industry

I am so thankful my partner and I terminated our dealings with them before pre start and before we found land because after doing a bit of shopping and inspecting other peoples homes that built HomeBuyers centre, I could honestly say I would let my dog live in one of their ‘so called’ houses.

The only reason they continue to be in business is because they make it so easy for people to build, do not fall for it. The sales rep’s also don’t have 1 clue what they are talking about in terms of finance. Buyer Beware….

36 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 37 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2012

+ They tell you everything you want to hear(but this is not always a good thing)

- Salesman full of crap, incompetent, arrogant.

28 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2012

Found them to be extremely helpful and informative. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. It was fast and efficient service and I was well guided. My client liaison girl was always available to take my calls and I didn’t worry about anything the entire time.

+ very informative and knowledgeable

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 40 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2012

The only good reviews written about homebuyers centre are one's that have been written by the salesman or employee's. The salesmen are rude, self indulgent and will stalk you for a sale.I over paid too much for my house compared to what was available after they sapped me for everything I had. They even demanded to see my bank statements even though my finance was all approved. My house is falling to pieces. I have rising damp only after six months as the bricklayers have filled the cavities with cement and my slab is covered in deep cracks ever ywhere. My tiles are falling off in the ensuite because everything has moved so much and the tiler was useless.When I checked the bricklaying (after I was kicked off my block and was told i wasnt allowed to look at my home untill I got the keys), there were massive gaps between the bricks through out the house where the bricks are supposed to be joined. All my tin roof covering rattles in the wind.Be aware that only about 10% of the tradesman that build their houses are actually qualified. They use cheap illegitimate labour to cut costs to put in their own pocket.I was told this by a past employee who was to embarrased to keep working for them.My inside bedroom doors have had holes in them or been damaged before i moved in and have been bogged up and painted over. My kitchen bench is scrated from everyone useing it a a work bench.The guy who was supposed to oversee my house has no balls, he had no knowledge of the building industry and turned to water and rang his boss for advice every question i had.Come to think of it im sure he was inexperienced.So people be so careful, i'm too ashamed to sell my house. I dont know what to do. I'm stuck with a big fat peices of shit that cost a fortune.

40 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 66 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2012

Salesmen were shocking, high pressure, hard sales lines. Felt like if i wasn't there to sign a contract then “the door was that way!”. After my first interview with a salesman i was super cautious about what i signed and agreed to. The hard sales tactics just made me feel like I was being conned. When i finalised plans i felt really rushed to sign and contemplated going elsewhere (to another builder) but it was the good house plan that kept me there. After signing and paying the deposit, i felt like i had to turn up at the front desk to ask que stions because phone calls were just a waste of time. Then the salesman i was dealing with left the company and i ended up with another salesman, his boss, who was just as full of crap. I was not shown all of the available plans and i found (myself) a plan that incorporated most of my extras and saved myself thousands by changing to it. At pre-start i was made to feel like i was wasting the girls time and was told to hurry it along. In the actual build, the site supervisor was useless, spineless and everything was too hard for him. Heard every excuse under the sun as to why stuff ups could not be fixed (which is utter crap cause they all can) and even busted out sob stories for sympathy points.....WTF! If that wasn't enough, i was told i was not able to contact any tradesmen on their work, yet my phone number was handed out to a tradesman who made a momentous stuff up, and he rang me asking that i let him leave the problem the way it was as 'HE' would be getting a towelling for it........again, WTF!!
If you feel you must go with Homebuyers Centre then be careful, take it slow, check everything, and make sure you get a build inspector upon completion. i didn't and the amount of shoddy work i have found since completion is just poor. I fail to see how these people stay in business.

+ Good house plan designs.

- Bad customer service. Site manager was useless and a blatant liar. Treated like a pain in the ass as soon as your deposit is in their pocket.

52 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 22 helpful votes

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2012

very crooked builders limited choice of plans. not at all flexible. very slow in getting pricing. be very careful. poor gallery selection.

- very bad experience. lucky we got out of them. was attracted by their 'only $300' deposit scheme and advancing of FHOG. but beware this FHOG of $20,000 they include in the house price. i had clearly calculated this with a similar plan with two other builders. also in house finance resolve was very bad in communication and responses. had the finance denied. also they tell a base price during the initial meeting and when go to sign the preliminary they include a huge amount called price protection to the price and really push into signing of the contract. anybody dealing with them be careful of this issues.

22 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 16 helpful votes
Private message

did not build with homebuyer's

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2012

same as the earlier reviews, the process is very wrong. we were also given the assurance that the finance guy wouldn't go ahead with it unless he didn't think that there was a good chance of getting a homeloan approved. we received a request for the deposit before finance was even secured. we used their finance guy (resolve finance?)- our application was already declined by a bank and he was asking us to wait to make another attempt with another bank, but somehow while all this is happening they wanted us to pay a deposit and sign the building contract. whaat???

siteworks charge was high, house price was high considering it was all cat 1 and quite small and the contract was very questionable to us. It states that it's an hia contract but there's parts that are crossed out and parts that they have added? did not feel comfortable with it at all!

we felt bad - but we also felt very relieved, that we didn't go ahead with homebuyer's centre. Lost our $1.5k prelim deposit, but we think we saved ourselves much much more.

we have now successfully got ourselves into a huge debt and nearing the end of our build - not with homebuyer's.

+ the pictures of their display homes on their brochures and website

- dodgy.

16 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 20 pages

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to customersupport@homebuyers.com.au, we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,
Homebuyers Centre

I have submitted an email to Homebuyers customer support on the 3/10/16 and have no one attended to my structural defects of the house yet. It needs refix of the Bulkhead into position, prop back to original location .. bulkhead to rear bedroom as its now causing damage to the plaster walls and ceilings. I have also attached pictures of the defects/damage to the effect. I have contacted three times in the past few days and spoke to 3 different ladies. Please respond asap as it requires rectification without further delay. Thanks, Lillian of Southern River, 6110 WA

Lilly asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Lilly

Thank you for getting in touch – we are sorry to hear you have experienced these issues.

We have forwarded this matter on as a high priority to our customer service team and they will get back to you soon with an outcome.

Kind regards,