Perth

Private message

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Great Support-Immaculate Build Quality Build-Excellent Staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2016

Our journey started in December last year. Clint, our Sales Representative was the first friendly experience who helped us get the best package. Their in house finance company staff helped us alot glide through the loan process. Site Manager Daniel was so helpful and kept us updated with the timeline as the construction progressed.Except I feel that the pre-start meeting should be in phases as its too much for 1 day. Atlast we got our home keys on 29 September. It was a pleasure working with HBC and we strongly recommend to everyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Gautam,

Thanks so much for the lovely feedback - we are so happy to hear you really enjoyed the experience building with us!

All the best and enjoy your new house!

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Nice to finally have our own home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2016

Been in the house for 2 weeks now. So far so good. There are a few things that could have used a bit more attention to detail like the painting of the doors, floor trims, cut of the lino flooring, roof paint has a textured instead of smooth finish. Our internet only works when the modem is plugged straight into the nbn box, obviously the points haven't been connected properly which we will be bringing to homebuyers attention to sort out. Structurally the place is so far so good. The process was quick and relatively painless. The only problem w e had at the beginning was with our mortgage broker from resolve finance - was quite inept. Luke was fantastic and made the whole initial process a breeze. He encouraged the "step in the door" that we needed and basically got us into our first home. The house went up quite quickly. Unfortunately it sat for a couple of weeks completed and wasn't until we rang and chased up what was going on that everything got signed off and we were able to move in. It's so nice to be in our own home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Hannah Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this detailed review. We really appreciate it as it will assist us in our customer service processes moving forward. We will also be sure... read more »

Verified Purchase

great customer service, very helpful and supportive through the whole process!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

I have been more than happy that i chose to build with Homebuyers. There were a few issues at the start which were out of their control but the staff were very helpful and supportive! Come to inspection there was hardly anything to fault, minor issues were fixed within a day and i got my keys two days later!!
I then had an issue where i went to my house for the first time and it appeared someone had played around with the locks to try get in. i informed Homebuyers who sent out my site supervisor straight away. He spent the afternoon at my home fixing everything on the handles and lock and arranged for the painter to come out the next day. Very appreciative that he spent over his work hours to fix it up for me!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Jaimelee, Thanks so much for the great feedback! It's such a shame to hear someone had tried to break in, but glad our site supervisor was able to fix your locks and handles straight away - w... read more »

Hassle free build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2016

From start to finish of the build, we didn't have a drama. Being the first home we have built from scratch it was a pleasure to deal with the professionalism of the company and all staff involved. The post handover service is exceptional. Couldn't recommend the builder more highly to any one interested in building. Lots of designs to choose from or build your own as we did.

Thanks heaps

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Lenno,

It;s so great to hear that your first time building was such a positive experience - thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback!

We wish you all the best in your brand new home :)

Verified Purchase

In love with our brand new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2016

Being first home buyers we didn't know what to expect but the customer service team made the whole process so easy and explained everything in detail. Any queries i had i received quick responses on. We had our keys within 23 weeks from when the slab went down. There was only one item at the pre handover inspection that we requested to be fixed everything else had been done. The finished product is extremely good quality and we couldnt be happier with our new home. Cant wait to move in!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Adriana,

Thank you for your amazing feedback, it's so great to hear that your first time building was such a positive experience!

We wish you all the best in your new home!

Verified Purchase

More than what I was hoping for

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

Me and my wife were shopping around for few builders & we are happy that we went with homebuyers centre.. We had a great experience building with homebuyers centre. They managed our home with care, attention to detail and excellent communication for the whole of the project. Our house is exactly like we imagined, with great quality products and appliances used. I highly recommend homebuyers centre and their amazing team!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

All the best and enjoy your new house!

Smooth sailing from start to finish in an amazing 6 MONTHS

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

This is our second time building with Homebuyers so obviously we had great faith in the workmanship we could expect. We couldn't fault anything form the salesman Chris Herbert who was fantastic and helped us immensely with all changes etc to the handover with Xavier who was very professional and excellent at pointing everything out and explaining every important detail to us. Everyone was fabulous, we had lots of questions and queries along the way and it was never any problem getting the answers, help and advice we needed from the HBCS team.
The standard of our build was even better than the first time 6 years ago and the internal products choice have improved also. We are ecstatic with the finished result, everything has come together perfectly and looks brilliant.
I would recommend Homebuyers 100% to anyone without any hesitation and will most definitely build with them a third time when and if we get itchy feet again.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thank you for so much for your lovely review - we are so pleased to hear your second time building with us was again a fantastic experience for you! You have provided us with some great feedback, w... read more »

First Home Build a breeze with Homebuyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2016

From the time the slab went down to keys handover, the 7 months (yes 7 months only!) was absolutely easy with Homebuyers. It was our first build and we didn't have to chase anything up with Homebuyers. The quality and workmanship was second to none. No corners were cut to rush the build even in the short timeframe. The finishings and cleanliness of the site was impeccable. We couldn't find a fault even if we had tried. We were not expecting the home to be completed in 7 months and especially to that standard. Would definitely build with Homebuyers again in the future.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Emilia, Thank you for your amazing feedback. It's so great to hear you had such a positive building experience and we will be sure to pass on your feedback onto our relevant teams! We wish... read more »

Verified Purchase

No stress, no argument at all during project - All smooth

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2016

Everybody was really kind and easy going people during building this house. I remember sales person from the start of this house has assisted for long, from start to end. Really appreciated again. Honest sales attitude was impressive for us to select the satisfactory decision. At pre-start meeting, everything was clear and logical. Of course, making profit may be the priority to them, but I felt that they tried to understand my concerns and wishes for the house and gave me the various options for us. Impressive! The project manager during inspe ction of the house, he was really really professional and kind to us. Of course he was much busy... but his help and advice to some works out of his scope were very appreciated to finalise the house completion few months ago.

Now it has been 4 months that we moved to this house, everything is good to live and satisfactory absolutely. The project manager has visited us after our movement for some advice and help to us.

Thanks guys, really appreciated.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We are so happy to hear you really enjoyed the experience building with us and that you are enjoying your new house! It would be really great if you could share with us the names of the sales pe... read more »

Hello, HBC, Due to personal information, I just emailed to your customer support team with what you requested. Please check email sent by me. Thanks. :)

Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks so much - we will follow up with our team!

Verified Purchase

Absolutely in love with my new house.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2016

Homebuyers were so supportive and very easy to communicate with through the whole process. The customer support team will answer every question or query you are unsure of. I received so many updates and was kept very informed so knew what to be looking for. Would definitely build with them again for sure. It was a big decision to build but i was lucky in choosing the best sales consultant they have.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Ally,
Thank you for your lovely feedback! We wish you all the best in your brand new home :)

Verified Purchase

Not As Bad as everyone says!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2016

I thought building a house would be fun and enjoyable but I was wrong from the get go! When we first signed with Home buyers everyone said they weren't as good as the rest and were a basic builder, but they were wrong, Home buyers were actually pretty good from the Very beginning to the handover process, obviously they weren't perfect (no one is) but they were a lot better than I was lead to believe! Everyone from the House designer to the customer service ladies were helpful the best they could be and they were always willing to help no matter what, The build of the house has been of great build and quality and overall Myself and my partner are glad we went with them,

Now the bad parts....
During the first plans and prestart there's a few things that weren't mentioned to us like add ons or upgrades that could of made parts of the house better,
The main issues was the communication, we got an email on every update of the build but that was it, if you want to know something or ask a question you had to ring them, no one rang you and asked a simple "was there anything you need help with" or Do you have any questions" this "human contact would of been nice as its a scary thing building a house for the first time,

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Matthew, Thank you very much for your honest feedback. We are very happy to hear you had a good experience with us and appreciate your feedback regarding the initial process and communication d... read more »

Verified Purchase

Very quick build process with good quality finishing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Oliver,
Thank you for very much for your lovely review. You have provided us with some great feedback, which we will be sure to share with our team. We hope you enjoy your new home :)

2 of 20 pages

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to customersupport@homebuyers.com.au, we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,
Homebuyers Centre

I have submitted an email to Homebuyers customer support on the 3/10/16 and have no one attended to my structural defects of the house yet. It needs refix of the Bulkhead into position, prop back to original location .. bulkhead to rear bedroom as its now causing damage to the plaster walls and ceilings. I have also attached pictures of the defects/damage to the effect. I have contacted three times in the past few days and spoke to 3 different ladies. Please respond asap as it requires rectification without further delay. Thanks, Lillian of Southern River, 6110 WA

Lilly asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Lilly

Thank you for getting in touch – we are sorry to hear you have experienced these issues.

We have forwarded this matter on as a high priority to our customer service team and they will get back to you soon with an outcome.

See all 20 questions about Homebuyers Centre Western Australia