PErth

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Cookie Cutter approaches don't work.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

Workmanship is sloppy, so many little things. By the end of it I couldn't be bothered arguing for them to clean the walls with all the remaining grout from the tiles and their pencil marks from where they were going to put the towel rail, etc. It wasn't worth the delay in handover. Probably only a couple of good trades... many mistakes and rather than the tradies calling the supervisor to suggest waiting they just installed and made it worse. Our Supervisor was fantastic though, every problem I had was dealt with in good time... you need more o f them! The Customer Support Team are not educated in the field, leaving all of our questions and queries with them with a 2 weeks turn around is unacceptable. We need access to the Supervisor otherwise things don't happen. Also... tell your sales reps to keep an eye on what they're including and not including in our contracts. I had to remind twice to put the Caesarstone in and it never was. PS an upgraded cost of a different selection of stone benchtop (also caesarstone just a higher grade) of $7k on top of what is already built into my contract (standard was included) is just basically thievery... hiking up the price because you don't want to order in something different is not justified and will lose you business. In hard times you would think that wouldn't be your end goal. Happy with the end result... but won't be coming back again.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Purchase

Great service - lovely home.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

Everything went very well. The girls in Customer Service were extremely efficient and I was informed of progress throughout the build.
I was very pleased with the overall quality of the workmanship and the materials used. I was not aware that I had a building supervisor but was kept up to date by the office staff, contacting them if there were any issues.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Niall
Thank you for reviewing Homebuyers Centre on Product Review. Great to hear you enjoyed our customer service, we will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Customer Support Team.
Kind Regards,

Great Service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2016

Homebuyers were good from the beginning, from finance to handover. The only fault I have is that after settlement Homebuyers called us to go in to the office to tell us that we owe an extra $5000 because the build price had gone up after waiting so long for settlement to go through, they would accept $1500 though, wasn't happy about this and thought it was not very professional. They said they would not start the build until we agreed to sign the papers.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Erica Thanks for reviewing us on Product Review. When you signed up for your home, the price was set for a 6 month period, however, the titles on your block took more than 12 months to come thro... read more »

Absolutely Amazing.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Homebuyers Centre were terrific from start to finish. We had some financial hurdles when we started and they stepped us through the whole thing and made it so easy. We settled on our block in September 2015 and collected our keys April 2016! It was so fast and they communicated with us every step of the way. I can't thank them enough for what they have done for us and nothing feels better than collecting the keys to our very first home. Would definitely recommend them to anyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the review Candice. Enjoy being a happy home owner!

Perth

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Terrible! Total rip off and not willing to accept their mistakes!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2016

Zero customer service, poor communication between internal departments and everything is customers's fault attitude. Home plans were changed by draftsman between prestart and slab down without informing us. When noticed sink have been installed at incorrect position we were told that "it is your responsibility to check final plan" and now they want to charge extra to put back onto original position. Total rip off. Customers beware before signing up. They will change something at their end and will make you pay for it. Homebuyers Centre this will go to ombudsman.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Saumil, We were disappointed to see your 1 star review, but thank you for taking the time to share your experience as this does allow us to enhance our service. We would truly like for you to en... read more »

Verified Purchase

Great Experience. Highly Recommended!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Being a first home owner I found my consultant Chris to be extremely helpful and informative from the moment I met with him. The whole process was smooth sailing especially with the customer service team updating at each stage. If I was to build again I'd definitely have no hesitation to use HBC again and I would highly recommend them to any one looking to build now. Thanks team!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

A great review Stephanie, thanks for taking the time to write it.

Verified Purchase

Genuine, honest. Stress free.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

As a first home owner I was nervous and overwhelmed by committing to a new house and land package. Homebuyers Centre deserve great credit for making the experience an enjoyable one. My site manager Xavier was genuine, honest and very knowledgable. The customer support team were friendly and very supportive. Extremely happy overall and would highly recommend Homebuyers Center in the future.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We all get a bit nervous when embarking on a big project like building your very first house. Great to hear that we were able to walk you through the process and we wish you the best in your new home.

Perfect timing and quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2016

Being quite new in OZ land I was not sure which builders to chose from but I was very happy with HBC for finishing my house within 6 months and the quality was perfect. Not a single bad thing to talk about it. Everything were well managed and the team were professional. From Financing to handing over the key everything were very easy to deal with.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

An easy process is what we aim for. Thanks for reviewing us Manish!

Great Service And Workmanship

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2016

Customer service was fantastic and always got back to you with 24 hours. The workmanship and quality of our property upon completion exceeded our expectations. Building process was extremely easy with no problems making it a great choice for a new or first home buyer. Would build another one though them if we had the opportunity. Would recommend them to friends and family. Super happy.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Super happy to have seen your review also Becky!

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2016

We had a great experience building with Homebuyers centre. Gary our site supervisor was fantastic and made sure that our build was completed on time and to a high standard. The workmanship was really good and it made the final inspection very easy. Ash from customer service was also very helpful and happy to assist with any query we had during the build. I would recommend Homebuyers Centre to anyone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the review Emma. We wish you all the best with your new season in your new home!

Beyond Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2016

We are so happy with our home, workmanship has been fantastic and quality of all fixtures and fittings is brilliant. Not a single bad thing to say about homebuyers center, we would recommend them to everyone. The build was managed really well and site was kept clean. The customer service team are so friendly and helpful, always ready to answer any questions you have!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We are beyond happy that you love your home and had a great experience with us. Best of luck with it!

Aveley

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Great experience building our first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2016

It's been 3 weeks since we've moved in to our new house and we are still thankful that we picked the right builder. It was indeed a great experience to build with Homebuyers centre. They finished our house for just 6 months and me and my partner were both happy and satisfied with the workmanship and the quality of the house. The customer service team was great and helpful throughout the building process. Highly recommended to our friends. =)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Ann, Thanks for sharing your experience online. We are sure you'll have many momentous occasions in your new home. All the best!

3 of 20 pages

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to customersupport@homebuyers.com.au, we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,
Homebuyers Centre

I have submitted an email to Homebuyers customer support on the 3/10/16 and have no one attended to my structural defects of the house yet. It needs refix of the Bulkhead into position, prop back to original location .. bulkhead to rear bedroom as its now causing damage to the plaster walls and ceilings. I have also attached pictures of the defects/damage to the effect. I have contacted three times in the past few days and spoke to 3 different ladies. Please respond asap as it requires rectification without further delay. Thanks, Lillian of Southern River, 6110 WA

Lilly asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Lilly

Thank you for getting in touch – we are sorry to hear you have experienced these issues.

We have forwarded this matter on as a high priority to our customer service team and they will get back to you soon with an outcome.

Kind regards,