Verified Purchase

Happy with homebuyers and new house.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2016

My partner and I are so happy to have chosen to build our first home with home buyers centre, everything from start to finish was great and stress free. All of the staff members we spoke with were friendly, professional and extremely helpful. Overall excellent build quality completely satisfied with homebuyers, would definitely recommend. Thank you so much home buyers.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks for the recommendation Kelsie!

A great little house!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2016

We have been very impressed with the whole building process with Homebuyers. The house came in on budget, the build went smoothly, the site was kept clean and the house completed on time. The finishes were to an extremely high standard with stone benchtops and 90cm appliances included in the cost. It will be a great little home for someone.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

We love to hear that you have been impressed with the entire process!

So happy! Thank you Homebuyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2016

Got my keys today! Thank you homebuyers for such a smooth and professional build ! Everything was easy and you were always helpful with any questions I had! Looking forward to the move in now! Highly recommended and a job well done . Simon my site manager was always available and helpful with any building questions I had.

Customer service and support team constantly kept me updated throughout each stage of my building progress it was such a fun and hassle free experience.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Congratulations Saz86! We wish you all the best in your new home.

Impressive building company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2016

This was my first time building a house and have been very pleased with the process. The staff have been really helpful and friendly since day one. The customers support team are really full of knowledge and were very punctual getting back to me about things I needed to know.

The quality of the house is impressive also, all trades seem to take pride in there work and have given me a satisfying finished result.

Handover was a very pleasant experience, Kyle was full of knowledge and very easy to talk to when it came to asking questions.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi happyhomeowner, We are happy to have been of service and help you own your own home. Enjoy it!

Verified Purchase

First House and happy with it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2016

My partner and I took the huge leap of building a house 10 months ago, we had absolutely no idea what we were getting ourselves into but we can safely say that through homebuyers it was made 10 times easier! When it came time to build, whenever we would go past we would have a look, if we found something that needed fixing we would alert homebuyers and they would get on to it ASAP! this made the build go so smoothly and in the end we got the keys 2 months earlier than we expected! My partner and I couldn't be more happier with the way our house turned out and couldn't thank all the staff that helped us along the whole process enough!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Excellent to hear that yourself and your partner are happy with your home. Thanks for letting us walk this journey with you.

Perth, Western Australia

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Can Not Fault at All

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

We signed up last May, the slab was put down in October and today 11/03/16 we got the keys! Everything went without a hitch, we had been burnt before by a shonky Broker and as a result lost our land and some money. Mark Chapman was our Sales Representative and couldn't of been more helpful or professional, he even rang me while I was on my way to pick up the keys to congratulate us. The girls in Customer Support were prompt, friendly and of course very professional too. Our supervisor Kyle was absolutely brilliant too! I used to work as a Sho wroom Consultant in the plumbing industry helping people select their toilets, taps ect. I did not have to upgrade much of anything, everything is by Caroma which is the best in the business and as long as you choose from Caroma you can pretty much have what you want, and it is very cheap to upgrade. Having said that the builders range is of the same quality and will look really nice in your home. I was really surprised at the choice you get with Homebuyers Centre, there is something for everyone.

We used their home finance Resolve Finance, Ivan Gavran was our Broker, nothing was to much trouble and I could not fault his service. If you are married to a New Zealander and are going through Keystart as we did, then you will need a certificate from Vevo to state you are a permanent resident of Australia. My husband has been here for over 30 years but still had to get one. Also if you, like we did get married by a Celebrant be aware that the Certificate the celebrant gives you is not a valid marriage certificate. You will have to get one from Births, Death & Marriages from your relevant state, weird I know as I did change my name with the latter certificate but Keystart want the official one. I also want to stress that the Fencing, Landscape contractors are wonderful too!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Tarotlova, Thanks for detailing the process you went through while choosing to build your home. Looks like you've had a great customer service experience and a quality home. Thanks for the handy tip too!

Just thought I would update, after six months anything wrong with your home Homebuyers will come and fix which all builders do I think. We had I think 3/4 minor problems such as one of the doors ne... read more »

Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks so much for the follow up feedback - so great to hear that everything well during the maintenance period! All the best for a happy future in your home! Thanks, Homebuyers Centre

Outstanding Work!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

"WOW" From the moment I meet Brad Kelly till hand over the whole process went smoothly, This is my first home and my first time building, each week I'd visit my home and be blown away at the Quality of workmanship and speed in which my home was built. TBH I called Customer support almost weekly and they happily answered all my Q&A. Amazing JOB well done!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Manda, Thank you for reviewing Homebuyers Centre on Product Review. Great to see you had a WOW experience with us!

Happy with my New Home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

I have just finished building my second home with Homebuyers Centre. As a young homeowner I'm very impressed with the service. I found both builds very smooth with no delays. At the pre-handover the Building Superviser had great attention to detail, I couldn't be happier with the whole process.
I can't wait to move in and enjoy all the finishing touches I got to select. The quality of the kitchen and bathroom fittings are great!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Jess
Thank you for the kind words and it is great to see you came back for a second build with us. All the best with your move in, Homebuyers Centre

Exceeded expectations

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2016

I have built numerous times but my first with Homebuyers and it has exceeded my expectations! There was a bit of a hiccup initially with my land title being delayed. As a result, I had to pay a price increase for the building materials. Of course the delay was through no fault of Homebuyers; I only wished they could have absorbed the price increase. Anyway after we got the paperwork out of the way, it has been smooth sailing. The quality of the building was completed to a good level and in good time too. Our site supervisor Daniel has been very helpful and professional. Defects picked up during the handover was promptly addressed and rectified. The Customer Service Team has also been very helpful and accommodating.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Sounds like you got good customer service and a quality build. Thanks for building with us Sim LS.

Verified Purchase

Happy I Went With Homebuyers :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2016

The house turned out exactly how I wanted it to! The quality of the build was great, all touch ups were dealt with straight away and to a quality standard.

As a first home buyer it was a great experience, they made the process simple and straightforward to understand. Thank you to Chris R and Mark aswell as the Customer Service Team for helping me with all queries and questions I had

So excited to move in! Would definitely recommend homebuyers to my friends and family :)

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Thanks Stephie! We love to hear that the process was easy for yourself as a First Home Buyer.

Verified Purchase

Very happy on the whole!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2016

We have been in our new home for 2 months now, and are very happy with the house, and our experience with HBC.

Our Sales Rep, Paul O, was really helpful and responsive to our queries without being pushy. The design process was clear and our pre-start consultant, Natalie L, was excellent at helping us make decisions without telling us what to do. She was really good at understanding our needs and we left feeling super excited about what would become our new home.

The construction process was pretty good. The trades were very good on the w
hole, with the occasional trade letting the team down a bit. However our site supervisor, Xavier, was sensational. We didn't have much contact throughout the build (all contact goes through the Customer Support Team in the office), although it was clear that he was picking up defects along the way himself and having them rectified. When I did run into him on site I felt a lot more comfortable with the build knowing that he was competent and keeping on top of things. And he was super friendly and keen to talk about the build when we ran into each other. It was great to do our handover inspection with him too.

The house was complete within a couple weeks of what we were originally told so no complaints there. Being late December, there were a few minor things to be finished externally, but that was done as promised. The couple of maintenance issues we've had so far have been attended to reasonably promptly. I think we were surprised by the number of little things that weren't quite right (e.g. poorly fitted towel rail, or a dummy door handle just pulling off, TV point not working, etc) but nothing is ever perfect, and they've been easy enough to fix so far. We have a small list forming for our 6-month maintenance meeting.

On the whole, we are very happy with the house design, the quality of finish, and the good communication with HBC. Personally I found it frustrating talking to the office all the time during construction (even though they were really friendly) rather than anyone on site, but it didn't seem to cause many problems. Given the horror stories we've heard about builders, we were thankful for such a good experience with HBC and we'd certainly build with them again.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Wow! What a review! Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience of the building process. All the best in your new home!

Stress free build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

We were extremely happy with the quality of workmanship displayed at our house, and how the build was managed. The tradesmen have completed our house to a high standard, and we feel they did not rush the build.

We were pretty happy with customer service, however a couple of pieces of small info were not told to us which had to be sorted later in the build.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

A stress free build is the kind of build you want!

4 of 20 pages

Hello, I am just at the start of my build,plumbing and electrical is just about done then the roof will be put on..i am having a massive freak out about my kitchen colours,i chose a stone grey for the cupboards and wish that i just gone with plain white.. i called HBC before the slab had even gone down and asked if i could change it but was informed that the build contract had already been sent to the contractors. Has this happened to anyone else?. It's the only issue i have with the house and it's making me feel uneasy about the build.

Hendrix asked on May 10, 2017

Hi Hendrix

We had a few changes too but they were not cupboards. I would just ring HBC and request your home building supervisor's assistance to ask if approaching the contractor yourself is an option? I was nervous about my bathroom tile colours as well but after everything was finished the colours came together very beautifully. We accept compliments coming and I don't even hint I had doubts along the way. What you are feeling is normal but it won't be as bad as you are thinking if you fail to make the changes. Good luck!

Hello Casta,
Thankyou for your response,that is good to know that you also made minor changes. I will email HBC tomorrow and fingers crossed will be all good!

Hi All, Just wondering if anyone had included in their house package with HBC the upgrade to 900mm kitchen appliances? And did this include the range hood? We were told if we signed up by a certain time we could get the upgrade to 900mm appliances so we did and were then told we had to purchase the range hood (which you require for the appliances to operate safely..?). Would love to know if this is standard or if it should have been included. Thanks!

amfWA asked on Dec 20, 2016

Answer this

The rage hood should come with he upgraded oven. Free. Ask for ceased stone benches too if it's the kitchen upgrade for signing up. Ask for as much as you can as builind seems to have died down a bit

Hi

We would like to look into this further for you - If you could please email through your contact details (full name and best contact phone number) to customersupport@homebuyers.com.au, we will have someone give you a call to discuss.

Thanks,
Homebuyers Centre

I have submitted an email to Homebuyers customer support on the 3/10/16 and have no one attended to my structural defects of the house yet. It needs refix of the Bulkhead into position, prop back to original location .. bulkhead to rear bedroom as its now causing damage to the plaster walls and ceilings. I have also attached pictures of the defects/damage to the effect. I have contacted three times in the past few days and spoke to 3 different ladies. Please respond asap as it requires rectification without further delay. Thanks, Lillian of Southern River, 6110 WA

Lilly asked on Oct 11, 2016

Hi Lilly

Thank you for getting in touch – we are sorry to hear you have experienced these issues.

We have forwarded this matter on as a high priority to our customer service team and they will get back to you soon with an outcome.

Kind regards,