Homebuyers Centre Victoria is offering a $100 Kmart voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Great home - average service

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

First impressions were great. The pre-sales consultant was honest and open about the costs and finishes of the home. However he was optimistic about the time frames for final construction and also gave advice beyond what he should have. We were sold the home under the impression both our neighbours would also be built exclusively by homebuyers around the same time. This was not to eventuate and caused us issues later on.

We were told we would be in before Christmas. However a building permit (which HBC should have factored for in their time
estimate) delayed this by a 2-3 months. Homebuyers told us it would be weeks before council would have the permits back to us however we contacted the council who said that this was not true and it was processed only a few days after that contact.

We were in a bush fire rated zone for our build and were told this council restriction would probably be released. When it was, they said they would credit us back the amount we would have to pay for the bushfire upgrades. When the restriction was released homebuyers did not credit this amount. We complained and eventually after some debate they offered to keep the additional upgrades on the build to keep us happy.

We also had issues with resolve finance. They took several weeks to push through a guarantor loan that they had told us would only take one maybe two. We were kept out of the loop and had to push most of the documents ourselves. We had an issue with the mortgage broker assigned to us, and when we tried to contact our pre-sale consultant for some advice (who we felt we trusted) he wouldn't even return a phone call.

We had very little contact with the site manager during the build, because we could see things were tracking well week-to-week. However when we actually needed him, he ignored our requests. The block on our right side did not end up being built by homebuyers despite what we were initially told. The next door neighbours began building their house over the boundary and on our land. We realised this when the pegs were put out and we alerted homebuyers before the slab was laid. Apart from a misley effort to help us contact the other builder once a brick wall had already gone up, we had absolutely no help hBC. It ended up becoming quite a long dispute with the neighbours to resolve the issue of lost land, which we handled on our own.

Despite all of this, the handover of the house was nice and quick and the quality of the build and finishes is great. We love the house and the layout. The homebuyers experience was not one we would repeat. However, the homebuyers house is one that we like living in.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Rob, thank you for your review. We'd like to get in touch to get further feedback about your experience, so please check your direct messages in Product Review and confirm your job number if tha... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Good experience but felt bit upset at the end

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 28, 2017

The experience was really good start from sales agent till handover. I would recommend my friends to go with homebuyers and also our site manager was very prompt in reply. Customer support team was very cooperative, workmanship and quality was all very impressive. I really liked all the material used in the house meet my satisfaction level. Even after one year service was great.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your review Harsheen, it's great to her you were happy with the service you received.
all our best - Homebuyers Centre Team

Napier 14

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2015

Must admit the design of this particular house was perfect for me, I made an inquiry, and was taken to presale, the guy who did the presale, literally told me I was going to get a clothes-line, water tank and a misinformed me regarding when to choose the fascia, which made things difficult when it came time to pick the colours as I left choosing the fascia till last however, I had unknowingly signed for one that I didn't want. After two hours of negotiating, I got the fascia I wanted and fairly paid the extra cost of only the materials,

Was
not happy with presale at all, however where Homebuyers excelled was with the build, my liaison was [name removed] who more than made up for presale, as well as my builder volter who helped me out a lot, I used two independent building inspectors at different stages to make sure my finish was within Australian standards.

The finish was great i was pretty picky, i went over everything thoroughly

After living there a few months i find that everything is ok, ppl like the finish

And its a cool little bachelor pad

Very pleased with it

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Anthony, Congratulations on your new home and thank you for your kind words for our build team and your Client Liaison. We try to keep the pre-start process as straightforward as possible so we’... read more »

Overall Not Bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2015

The building process of my Vogue-17 by Homebuyers Centre in Craigieburn was overall good and the house has been built up to the quality. So far after a year of moving in no complaint regarding the building but I would like to point out to the sales person - [Name Removed] who wasn't helpful in the initial process and didn't cooperate with the probable floor plan and other minor changes which would have been 100% satisfactory if we had got that. Since this is our first home, didn't have much experience about building at all. Although an initial step was a bit unsatisfactory and a let down, we moved on. Minor issues along the way was resolved. Client liaison officer was wonderful to work with and so as 12 months Inspection Manager.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review Subodh, We’ll touch base with you shortly to see if there is a way we can improve our process. Congratulations on building your first home and we ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Mixed review

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 07, 2015

We are almost at settlement stage with our first home with Homebuyers Centre. The process had been fantastic throughout the sales process and build. Any concerns we had were addressed promptly and rectified. Until our final inspection. We were told that issues with drainage would be resolved, until the day later when everything we had agreed upon was retracted. Now, due to the complete incompetence of the finance and admin staff, our final invoice can't be issued which will ultimately delay us moving into our new home. A process that should be exciting is quickly becoming stressful and no one at HBC seems willing to assist with our concerns.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

HI Elise, Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback, as customer satisfaction is without a doubt, our number one priority. As advised, we are working on your situation and will be i... read more »

I don't quite understand how you are working on my situation when no one has yet given me a call to discuss it?

HI Elise,

Apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience.
We are currently working on the solution, and Nikita will be in touch today with an update.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Homebuyers Centre Team

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Last minute drama !!!& we are frustrated.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 30, 2015

It was all smooth till now & We were ready to move today(29th Aprl 2015). Dates were all agreed a month ago and we checked and double checked with the builders.We have informed our current Estate agency, fixed broadband and moved address in various places. But, A day before we were contacted by ABN group/Home Buyers that house was not yet ready. They have mistakenly installed Nylon window flier screen instead of metal one and thereby not complying to 12.5 BAL Bush Fire Regulations. Hence occupancy permit cannot be issued. To replace that thingy , it is going to take two weeks since their supplier takes 10 days to deliver it. Now, for two weeks we have to live between piles of carton boxes packed with our stuffs, move and shift connections of broadband, gas, negotiate with my current tenanting agency. Worst part is we still don't know the moving date! All mess!!!! Can someone from Home buyers help us to fix this ASAP.
D&M

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi D&M, Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear of your situation and the inconvenience this has caused you. We have since been in touch, and can confirm the screens have been re-inst... read more »

Hi Team, Thanks very much. your efforts much appreciated. There is another major issue ongoing which is unresolved/unexplained until today. We are unable to sort with the client Liaison team. We... read more »