Homebuyers Centre Victoria is offering a $100 Kmart voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

• 178 helpful votes

Homebuyers Center - Unprofessional Builders

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2014

Homebuyers are unprofessional builders.The construction team took more than 1 & 1/2 month to complete only my frame stage.And when I got it inspected from my Independent Building Supervisor, there were several defects mentioned in that report.The defects haven't been still rectified ,even after submitting copy of Inspection Report.I m highly disappointed why I selected this company for building my dream home :''( One can only Expect delays and sub standard workmanship..!!!

178 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Dear Aston25, I am disappointed to read of your concern about the build of your Homebuyers Centre home. I would appreciate if you could please contact me directly on 9674 4580 or email me at bmi... read more »

Sydenham

• 178 helpful votes

Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2013

It started off really well, the sales rep was a bit pushy and continued to force us to fork out more deposit and luckily we refused. The colour selection designer was helpful and so did the resolve finance people. However, thing got worse from then, my husband suddenly lost his job and we pulled out on building the house. We contacted the sales rep and Resolve Finance on the day we found out the bad news. We got response immediately from Resolve Finance but our sales rep left the company and no one contacted us. We called, emailed and left mess ages and they continued to tell us that they would call us back, months went by, we had to call so many times to get a respond. They continued to pass us along like a ball not until I made it clear to them that unless I get a replied soon, I would contact the Building Commissions or Consumer Affairs, then I got a reply. It took them five months since May to send the cancellation form and another month to get back to us for the reply. It was due to our persistent to get the case closed. We did not get our deposit even though the sales rep promised that unless we get an approval from the bank, we would get the refund. I would not recommend people to build with them, as soon as you have signed the paper, you were left stranded.

+ the Resolve finance people were helpful!

- will leave empty promises to get a sell, when things got wrong, they will not communicate with you.

178 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Dear Valendono, Thanks for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear about your experience with us. Customer service is our number one priority and it seems from your post that you have not experi... read more »

• 177 helpful votes
Private message

If u are considering building with home buyers please read first!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2013

I am VERY suprised to come on here and see ANY good reviews about this company...just thought I would share my story with everyone... We signed up to building with them nearly 2 years ago because we were over renting at the start they were great and so helpful with the plans after that...they didn't start building for 6 months after ..we were told we would be in before the house even started!!!! Terrible communication we always had to chase them and ask what was happening! Oh and I feel so bad that we refered a few of our friends at the start.. if u refer friends for each ones that build u get a thousand $$$ gift card which we still haven't seen!! Then the manager gave a daywe would move in so we gave a month notice to move out of our rental..the week before we asked the builder manager how it was going and he then said no sorry u won't be in..so had to put all of our furniture in a container and move back to family's house and live out of boxes and were told should only be a week it has nearly been a month and the house is finished but aren't able to move in because there is no one to open the doors for the bank to inspect because the manager is on leave while his wife has a baby!! Surely there is someone else from the company that can open the door!!! I can not believe all this for a 20 square home in Craigieburn!! Oh and i forgot to mention they even layed the wrong floorboards!!!And there are scuff marks on the walls from other tradies!! maybe we will be lucky to be in by this Christmas!!!

+ They were only good when we signed up

- See above!!!!

177 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 176 helpful votes

Broken Promises

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2014

We approached homebuyers after the 2 K on your way to new home advertisment
advertisment. I was on maternity leave but wanted to see if we were eligible for the same. Initially we were given few promises that they can take only 2k and the loan will be approved by their finance company. But they told me that I have to start work in the next 3 months. The sales person told us that once the land is released and with in 4 months if they don't finish the work they will give us some sort of compensation (I was planning to take leave for about 18 mon
ths to be with my son but I joined back to work when he was just 9 months old) With the idea that we will be getting our new house, and can manage 4 months of double payment with the rent and repayments I agreed for it and singed papers with $1500 deposit . We informed them that me and my son are going on holiday to my country and when we return back we will have the colour appointment. One day my husband got a call that they can't do the loan approved with only 2 k deposit and they need 13 k. Since we have already signed the contract and paid $1500 we didnt want to loss the money so tried very very hard and got that deposit. So my actual vacation wasnt like a vacation. Have to meet so many people to get the money arranged.when I came back physical and mentally I was drained do requested them to reschedule the colour appointment in 2 weeks time. They strictly refused it and said that it should be on that day. So without any sort of homework we went to the colour appointment. And here the pain begins. After that colour appointment they won't even change or add a small vararion (like adding a calling bell). Just to let you know when this was requested the land wasn't even released. The land got released 4 months after the scheduled time that's another pain. During the colour appointment I was explained that this design that we selected could have only one porch peace due to space constrain. But now home buyers are building about 7-8 houses in the same street. all the blocks are of same size. One of the house with our similar design has got two porch pears. I am not sure how they could do that to that house and not to ours. Also during the sales meeting we were promised that they will strengthen one side of the roof to allow us to have the evaporative cooling unit setup. We thought that was there when we signed up the paper but when we reread it, we found it missing. We took to the consultant during the colour appointment but was informed that since we signed without noticing it they can't change it. And again this conversion was even before the land was released or the loan was approved. To add to the pain the compensation that was mentioned during the sales meeting wasn't true either. This is our first home. We are building it on our blood and sweat. The $1500 deposit made us to agree and listen whatever they said
And as I mentioned before about time frame for the compensation that was discussed in the sales meeting is not after 4 months and only after 10 months.
They have started to build the house. We are waiting with our fingers crossed and waiting to see when the work will be finishing. Customer service at home buyers is very good
They are trained to say no in a nice way.
I think this is not the way that we wanted to build the house. Rules are for people. People are not for rules. They haven't even made a small, tiny vararion after signing papers and depositing money. Highly stressful and disappointing.

+ the prestart consultant did her best to start the building soon.thanks to her. our site supervisor gives us lot of nice idead

176 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Sorry it is not 2k but 3k

Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Dear Dissatisfied customer, Listening to our customers and learning how we can improve your experience is a top priority for Homebuyers Centre. I’m disappointed to read of your experience with Hom... read more »

• 176 helpful votes
Private message

Bullied, intimidated, threatened sworn at and ripped off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2013

This company is full of lying pigs.
First off they were all smiles until pen was put to paper. After that they owned us. Not long after that I suffered a significant drop in my income, so we were forced to pull out knowing we would lose our 3k deposit. But they threatened to quote "take us to the cleaners" if we backed out. they left intimidating messages on my wifes phone. I was called constantly and harassed with numerous calls whilst I was working.
We were put onto homebuyers suggested broker "resolve finance" (they resolved nothing but ra
ther caused financial ruin).
We were constantly pressured into obtaining finance through a "blu bay finance company" (which so happens to be at the same address a resolve finance brokers in WA) over our preffered commonwealth bank. We soon realised that they were gaining commission for doing so.
This company drove us to depression, my work suffered, I couldn't eat or sleep and to this day I am suffering heavy financial burden due to the deceptive contract they lured us into.

Build quality is terrible, brickwork is wavy and roof mortar is very rough, cornice fell down in the alfresco, driveway colour splattered all over the footpath, one window was on a 20mil slant (I was told they have their margins lol), plaster joins all show up, bows in numerous walls, down pipe doesn't sit anywhere near drain, multiple offcuts used to make up full lengths of skirting boards (stingy cost cutting), massive chips in a corinthian stained door filled with putty and told it was passable, builders sand and wood offcuts buried under front landscaping, drought tolerant plants all died (no top soil was used) the list goes on.
Stay away from these demons, anyone else that experienced similar dealing with these cowboys, I urge you to voice your opinion aswell.

- That's it, they are "CONS"

176 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Justin, Thank you for your feedback. I’m extremely disappointed to hear about your experience. Our number one priority at Homebuyers Centre is customer service and from your experience it app... read more »

• 4 comments
  • 173 helpful votes

Its not worth it

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2015

Homebuyers were decent until they started the build, poor communication, such a slow build and attitude from the customer service department as well as defects in the house which hopefully will be fixed by settlement.

We thought the Abn would be a choice builder but they are average at best great sales team tho.

The low deposit loans are no good as it takes 9 to 10 months for a tiny 15 square house to be built.

Try your luck as there is no guarantee of customer satisfaction with them. I wish we never built with them.

173 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Dear Daniel, We take all feedback very seriously and are sorry to hear the issues you've outlined above. Please contact Bryan Milne (General Manager, Building) on 03 9674 4500 who will work with yo... read more »

Thats amazing my liason did npt want to give me the regional managers number but you will on the website.no worries ill see if i can get put through.

Good morning, just want to update my review. I received 2 phone calls today which resolved everything and yes my wife and I are extremely happy now not sure if it was due to this post but we have a... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 182 helpful votes

Poor Build Quality, Very unprofessional

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2015

Signed up for a flute more than 1 and a half years ago and construction has not been completed yet. We signed up for a flute which we did not end up getting because they flipped the plan that they gave us and they could never explain this. we were never told that they take three months to start construction once the land is settled. Believe me, other builders start construction in less than a month once the land is settled. When we signed up, they said it will roughly take three month to complete the flute, but now they say that it will take 8 months. Double rent is killing us. We have already wasted around 9000 dollars on double rent. They build very slowly, their trades come to work only once or twice a week( end of the week). Flutes that have started construction one and a half month after us have now reach stages beyond ours. Frame stage was of a very poor quality, nails were not correctly nailed into the frame, which they did not want to fix. If i could upload photos, i would. We were charged for lock up when the house was not even locked up ( no doors, no garage). We were told that we cannot change our wall colour when our neighbour with the same kind of flute did. Communication is very poor. i have had such a stressful time with home buyers that i don't even want to live in that house and i am considering of selling soon. I bet that the manager will write below this that costumer satisfaction is important to them and they endeavour to fix building issues, i don't know how many times i have had to complain since the construction has started, and i am still complaining.

109 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Dear Hate Homebuyers, We are very sorry to read of the issues below. We have spoken with your construction manager who is calling you today to arrange another meeting onsite to ensure outstanding i... read more »

As quickly as possible???? You guys work slower than snails. By the way, nobody from construction contacted us. Building with homebuyers has been the greatest mistake that i have ever done in my life.

• 1 review
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Fantastic Builders! So helpful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2012

My partner and I are both only young. (21 & 23). We looked into a few options regarding owning our own property. We had been renting for approximately 12 months and decided it was a waste of our time and money. What's the point in paying someone elses mortgage when we can pay our own!?

As we were first timers when it came to building, we went in blind. Of course family and friends offered up their advice and thoughts but we still weren't prepared for what we were getting ourselves into!

We were referred through to Homebuyers Centre by fri
ends who were building with them and couldn't speak more highly of them. We researched the floorplans and types of houses Homebuyers offered and then made an enquiry once we had decided what was best for us.

From here on in we have been incredibly looked after from our initial sales consultant who continually touches base with us for updates and to see how we are going personally. The finance team were also exceptional and offered never-ending amounts of advice relating to both the housing loan and personal loans.

Construction commenced in May after our land settled at the end of April. We are now a few days out of November and will be moving in 4-5 weeks. The whole way through the construction process we have been updated on the progress via weekly emails and Phone calls from office liasions and the site manager himself.

Everyone has been amazing and have assisted us in everything we have needed and Offered great advice when requested. Each department has gone above and beyond to make this the easiest process for us and as least stressful as possible. We have always been contacted and able to contact staff through the day and even out of hours on weekends!

This Is more than we can say for family building with both metricon and Henley who started before us and are no where near completion and won't be until mid next year! They are also not contacted and provided with progress updates by thier builder and have run in to numerous issues due to this.

We highly recommend Homebuyers Homes, especially for first home buyers! You won't find better staff anywhere.

+ Reliable, Great customer service, On schedule, Friendly staff,

- Display home locations - we are in the south east of Melbourne and displays are in the north west

12 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Officer, Victoria

• 11 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

I would not build with homebuyers again and do not recommend them to anyone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

I was a first home buyer and after reading and comparing reviews on builders and having visited many, many display homes, decided to build with Homebuyers Centre. I built the Aspect 22 home design in Officer, Victoria. I did it on my own, so it was a massive decision.
I have been in my home now for about 8 months, I moved in the week before Christmas. The build went about as well as a build can go, of course there were delays and hiccups. I used a private building inspector for pre-handover, approx. 50 defects were found. I was advised the d
efects had been fixed in writing by Homebuyers Centre, so I signed off on and moved in. After moving in and having had a chance to properly look at the house, I found that MOST of the defects had not been fixed. For example, defects in the timber laminate floor boards, warped meter box door, leaking laundry trough, backs of the stair handrails unpainted, gaps between doors and brickwork, dents and bulges in plaster, ensuite mirror un-sticking from wall, faulty ensuite door, lock not accepting my key, kitchen cupboards misaligned, warped walls, the list goes on. I had assessors from Boral plaster, plasterers, painters, locksmiths, etc. all requiring me to take time off work. I had to use multiple annual leave days as I work during business hours.
IT TOOK 7 MONTHS, YES 7 MONTHS for all the defects, many of which were found within my first week living in the house or listed on the inspectors report, to get fixed. I had to write complaint emails and get the regional build manager involved as my site manager was useless. There was a lot of staff turnover, everyone except my site manager has since left the company.
It has been an absolute joke! The quality of the house is sub-standard, very poor attention to detail.
The warranty department is equally as bad, my staircase window leaks (yes, water leaks through an un-openable window when it rains) and has caused considerable damage. I have reported it twice now, it remains unfixed.
I would not build with HOMEBUYERS again and do not recommend them to anyone.

11 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

UPDATE - On the 26 August I received a private message from Homebuyers Centre stating "we will investigate further and a manager will contact you to discuss". To date, NO ONE has contacted me - Ho... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Fake Warranty Certifcates Of Homebuyers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2015

After 12 months of home completion, when the Homebuyers visited my home to check for the defects and cracks in home,as per warranty certificate.I was shocked that Homebuyers told me that these defects are not considered as defects by their company.I showed them the warranty Certifcates where it was mentioned that these defects and issues were covered.But these unprofessional builders are totally untrustworthy and I m disappointed why I made a wrong choice in selecting builder like Homebuyers...

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi There,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your warranty certificates.
We appreciate all feedback and are sorry to hear of your disappointment. We will be in touch shortly, to assist in rectifying your situation.

Regards,
Homebuyers Centre

I will keep updating my review till I get a solution from your side.Although,I don't have any hope except for just sharing of emails and without providing customer a solution of his problem.As I have experienced with Homebuyers.

Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your reply.
We are working through your enquiry and will be in touch with you shortly.

Truganina

• 9 helpful votes

Warning do not buld with Homebuyers Centre

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2016

The excitement of building our first home has steadily become a nightmare! From questionable finishes to downright faulty carpet that seems to be sprouting a white powdery substance, Homebuyers have been absolutely ignorant, abrasive, rude and unapologetic. They have blamed us for their faulty workmanship, faulty and inferior product and have forced us to take matters into our own hands to take the matter further. Let this be a warning to you, do not build with HOMEBUYERS CENTRE. You will regret it!!!

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi @Sandeep,
We're sorry to read your concerns and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss.
Management will be in touch today for you to provide further feedback and see what we can do to help.

Kind regards,
- Homebuyers Centre Team

• 9 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Very disapointed with my first home

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2016

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Mel, We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We take our customer service and workmanship very seriously and would like to investigate this further. Can you please message through yo... read more »

Hi there, thank you very much for your reply and time, my address is 17 Bandicoot Road Craigieburn vic 3064.

Regards
M

Homebuyers Centre Western Australia Official

Hi Mel, No problems at all, thank you for sending your address through. I will need to pass this onto the Melbourne Office, as you have posted your comment on the WA review page. Please leave it ... read more »

1 of 28 pages