Homebuyers Centre Victoria is offering a $100 Kmart voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Aug 2016

Happy owners but worth a read

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

To whom it may concern,
I would like to give you a bit of a run down on our experience building with your company, Boutique Homes in 2016.
Firstly we had the pleasure of dealing with Joel, a lovely salesman we met at your Doreen display home. Joel was so helpful with our new home choice and accommodating where he could be.
A pleasure to deal with and very quick to answer all our questions. Even when there was some confusion at the start, Joel sorted it out the best he could. Very personal and very helpful.
The selection staff were very fri
endly and Anna helped us with our selections, the rigidness of the selections I found to be inconvenient, selecting from only 4 I think colour boards and the design of the house, although there were a few options to change things, simply moving a non structural nib wall 100mm to accommodate a fridge couldn't be done.
We were then introduced to the first of our supervisors, by email, Nathan, our stage 1 site manager. Nathan called me to introduce himself and give me a time frame of when the excavation was to be done and the slab to be poured. I was happy that he said we would meet up and inspect the formwork and mesh BEFORE the slab was poured, unfortunately it was not to be. I went to the site to have a look one night after work and it was already poured!
Our next supervisor was Jared, another supervisor I never got to meet over the whole build!
In fact he was very hard to get to meet up with. From the start of the process with Joel, I made it known of my building experience and the fact that I had a friend with a massive issue with slab heave, I was assured that all processes to avoid this would be adhered to.
Unfortunately I lost count how many emails I sent regarding temporary down pipes not being connected. It would seem that every week the same emails had to be sent. I sent photos and recorded all issues so as to prove this also. This was a constant issue for me, and a simple issue for the site supervisor to rectify if he was ever on site.
On one occasion, a Wednesday, I wanted a power point moved to another wall, a simple thing considering the pre wire wasn't done. A simple call to Jared before the wiring went in and all should be good I thought, but as always I couldn't get in contact with Jared and had to email the office with the request. By the time we went through the process it was the following Monday and the wiring was already done and my request was denied. And of course I got the standard answer "Now that you are in construction we don’t allow any changes or alterations."
The progress claims were all good and fair bar two, which we received on the SAME day, the Lockup and the Fix Complete claims. A real hit to the pocket when you aren't budgeting for them to come together, but the real issue was with the "fix" claim, we noticed some of the items weren't completed to the contract, namely the built in shelves , bath and basins installed as per schedule 3-method 2 of the contract.
When we enquired why we received the progress claim for the fix out and these items weren't done the answer we got was "The items mentioned regarding the Fixing stage claim are actually installed in the completion stage of all builds. The stage descriptions in the contract can unfortunately be a bit ambiguous." Not so ambiguous when we wanted a power point moved!
So we get to the end of the build and I still haven't met Jarod! but I hear he's going on holidays again so I will have a new supervisor for the handover. A very helpful bloke by the name of Josh.
We did a inspection, the first one with our supervisor during the whole build and I must say I busted the poor buggers hump so bad!
But he took it all in his stride and even when we pointed out the wrong floor had been laid he sorted it out within days and in the end all was good.
All in all we are very happy with the build, I think communication could be a lot better, I think the weekly updates from the office were a little too automatically generated and could use more of a personal touch and the supervisors should involve the clients on a more regular basis.

Would we build with Boutique again or even recommend them, the answer is Yes.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Hi Dazza, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. It's great to hear that you would build with us again and recommend us to friends - that is great! Regarding your feedback on communica... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Jan 2017

First home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

From start to finish homebuyers were extremely helpful. They helped us with our mortgage and choosing the best layout for us. I was always kept informed by both my site supervisor Paul and client liaison coordinator Casey. Any questions or issues that did arise were dealt with straight away and they were both always contactable. I would recommend building with Homebuyers to everyone I know.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Congrats on your first home, @firsthome88! It means the world to us that you found the Homebuyers Centre team helpful as a first-timer. We'll certainly pass on your kind words to Paul and Casey re... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 4 answers

First home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

This was our first home and first build. Working in the wider construction industry I was aware of Homebuyers Centre already and liked their packages as they included pretty much everything (ie driveways and window blinds) which a lot of other builders exclude from their contract.
Also liked that their fittings and fixtures are from well known and quality brands.
We looked through a few display homes and settled on the Terrace 16 floor plan which suited us as we only had a small block. Thought the floor plan was well laid out as it included a
walk in pantry which coming from an apartment with little to no food storage was superb. Also a practical laundry is fantastic.
Our first consultation was excellent and we settled on a few changes and upgrades and picked our colours, etc. which was a simple process and one which we are happy with now it is all finished.
After some finance issues with our bank we had to delay our start date for a couple of months however this was no issue and our consultant was very understanding and accommodating.
Once the build did start we were amazed at how fast things happened.
Had a great site manager who always answered our calls and met us on site a couple of times to give us a walk through and update.
Overall build quality was pretty good for a project home, although it seemed some of our upgrades didn't make it from scheduling to construction as there was some things missed which later had to be installed or fixed up. One thing I would say that could be improved is the way that the inclusions, or more importantly exclusions are shown. For example the standard inclusion is ducted heating which we assumed would also be cooling however that is not the case. If it had of been noted that cooling was not part of the standard inclusions then we definitely would have upgraded especially for those hot summer days.
Overall a good experience and one we would gladly go through again as we are very happy with our completed house.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Happy new year Clinton! Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your experience with us. It's great to hear that you are very happy with your first home! We appreciate all of yo... read more »

Mernda

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: May 2015

Issue With Homebuyer

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2016

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

Truddy, Charlotte, Nikita and Ben have always been very professional. As the first home buyer we had lots of questions and they answer all the questions straight away. We start building in June or July and had the new home presentation. And the site manager was very thorough. Every single marks, spots and defects were rectify. And we would definitely use this builder for our second home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for your review Peter, from all of us at Homebuyers Centre - CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST HOME! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the experience with the team and that they were able t... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Jul 2015

Great for first time buyers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2016

From start to finish homebuyers were extremely helpful. They helped us with our mortgage and choosing the best layout for our growing family. We built the house as a family of two and we are now a family of four and it works perfectly for us. The communication from start to finish was excellent and the quality of the build is outstanding would highly recommend people to use homebuyers for both your mortgage and building your home.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Jade, thank you for choosing Homebuyers Centre for your first home!
We are so pleased to hear that you and your family are enjoying your new place. We wish you all many happy memories there.
All our best - Homebuyers Centre Team

Great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2016

Home Buyers Centre staff were really great to deal with from sales through to handover. The layout of the vibe 22 was perfect for the block we purchased. The construction of the home and the quality of the finish was better than we had expected. Our site supervisor was really great and very accommodating..... we had a really positive experience.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Simon, thank you for choosing Homebuyers Centre! We're wrapped to hear that you are are loving your Vibe 22 - a great home (if we do say so ourselves...) We hope you enjoy many happy memories in yo... read more »

Great first experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2016

Homebuyers Centre have been amazing to build with. The whole process from start to finish was simple, easy, and stress free. The sales team are fantastic with communication and in particular Andy who has been so helpful throughout the process.
I'm very impressed with the quality of the home and have referred all my family and friends to build with Homebuyers.
Thank you for an awesome experience!!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Rachel, from the whole team at Homebuyers Centre, CONGRATULATIONS on building your first home! Thank you for taking the time to review Homebuyers Centre, we're so glad the quality of the home is up... read more »

5 Stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2016

The whole experience has been easy from start to finish. I was always kept informed by both my site supervisor Dwain and client liaison coordinator Casey. Any questions or issues that did arise were dealt with straight away and they were both always contactable. The whole experience was stress free and I would recommend building with Homebuyers to everyone I know.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks so much for your review, Natalie! We're so please that Casey, Dwain and the team gave you a stress-free experience building your new Homebuyers Centre home. We hope you enjoy many happy days... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Mar 2017

Smooth sailing from the beginning!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2016

Since the construction commenced, the communication received has been absolutely amazing. A weekly email informing me exactly where we are at means my anticipation is kept to a normal level!
From singing the contracts to sorting finances and construction updates, Homebuyers Centre have been outstanding. They are highly recommended and I would not hesitate to build again with them! Looking forward to my move in date!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thanks so much for your review Simon!
It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed working with us - we wish you all the best from here until you pick up those keys. Take care and enjoy!
- Homebuyers Centre Team

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Oct 2015

Love the floor plan and layout

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

We absolutely love our house the vibe 25 design allows for great sized rooms along with the fact that you can't see straight through the house when standing at the front door is a bonus. Home Buyers was rewarding with the fixed price concept along with being constantly kept updated on the house, nothing was too much trouble for them. We would build with Home Buyers again.

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

It's fantastic to hear you would build with us again Alison! Thank you for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on the Vibe 25 floorplan, it's really helpful... read more »

Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Nov 2016

Moving in to a new house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

The whole experience was wonderful from start to
Finish, With outstanding updates throughout the build, the support we received was amazing and the builder peter was very helpful with all details, we would most definitely refer family and friends onto homebuyers, as we are both very impressed with the house and the hole experience! We would like thank everyone that was involved with the building of our home! We absolutely love the house!

Comments
Homebuyers Centre Victoria Official

Thank you for such for taking the time to leave a review, Kym! We're really pleased that you enjoyed your time working with the Homebuyers Centre Team building your new home. Thanks for choosing us... read more »

5 of 28 pages