• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Backed their product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

Been using HL product for over a year now initially on one hose to trial, then all hoses as they worked as advertised. Also tried the misting system. Timer worked ok first summer, then 2nd summer wouldnt... didnt have a lot of use and was out of warranty (14mths) by second summer, but HL offered to replace it straight off and sending me a new one, which is great and I think fair. Would definitely recommend as hose fittings and as company that was fair and reasonable about the warranty.

BTW the spray wand is excellent for car washing, strong but not so strong as a high pressure cleaner that could damage paintwork.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Rob. We have spent a lot of time going through extremely thorough testing processes to ensure we have a product that works as advertised. We have ... read more »

Discharge from hoselink

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Hi Hoselink my product is very good but I have had it for 12+ months now but every time I use it I get a White coloured water(similar to milk) output. I thought it was the water supply but when I independently use the tap alone no white coloured water, I just don't fill my water bottle from the hoselink hose no other problems. Is this production residue? I thought it would be flushed out by now

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. How unusual, this is not something we have heard of happening before. Therefore if you could please contact our customer care team we will happil... read more »

Hose and sprinkler

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

We have had to replace hoselink products a sprinkler and the hose failed to retract after. 2 years will
Not be buying anymore

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, apologies for the delay in reply on this occasion. Sorry to hear you have experienced issues with your hose reel and sprinkler, we would definit... read more »

hoselink products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2017

i use the products when i go to do yard work at my mother's house. i was always put off buying them because i find the ads annoying but my sister bought fittings to use.
i can honestly say that compared to all other hose connectors and fittings/sprayers that these are significantly better than any similar other brand products i've used, and well worth the investment for anyone needing or wanting good quality yard equipment.
i highly recommend these products.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Glad to hear you are happy with the Hoselink system Bob, must be really handy to have products that work when doing your yard work! Thank you for your review. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

Getting sick of wet clothes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2017

I have been using Hoselink products for a few years now. Their sprayers, sprinklers and hoses are good but their fittings are a different story. I have actually had to replace about 6 fittings so far (The first 2 they paid for but not after that) not to mention when the joins come apart they always loose the little rubber 'o'rings. Too many times I have been hosing something and the fitting suddenly half pops off and soaks my clothes. Isn't that what their adds say their product prevents? Not a happy customer.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, this is a very unusual problem as generally speaking we do not have any issues with our fittings. Therefore we would really like a chance to have... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Not user friendly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2016

I have a small to medium garden and large nature strips to water and due to a low water pressure on the taps I need to use a commercial hose. I have One from Costco and just replaced one with a hoselink. It's awful. So heavy breaks all plants in its path, twists and kinks gets stuck on everything, I hate it! Bought the matching sprinkler head which doesn't swivel so my arms were straining with a twisting heavy hose, have attached the old Costco fitting which works better. A lot of money for a horrible hose. If it is designed for farms only it should come with a warning NOT FOR DOMESTIC USE!

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Mary, we are extremely sorry you are finding the hose you purchased heavy and hard to use. Are you referring to our 18mm hoses with the red fittin... read more »

Yes, the 18mm hose with red fittings. I need this size to get the water pressure in the garden. Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything you can do. I've replaced my 12mm hoses and just fi... read more »

Hoselink Official

Hi Mary, appreciate your prompt response and feedback in regards to the hose, I will pass this onto our production team and hopefully we can look into the design of the hose. In regards to the hose... read more »

Canberra

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Setting the standard in product and customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

Hoselink products are well made, functional, reliable and cost effective. From the connectors, to the hose reels, everything just works. On the few occasions I experienced a problem, their customer service team resolved the issue, with a replacement product arriving within two days, once even the next day!
I can't speak highly enough of Hoselink products and service. Thanks Tim.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Peter! Glad to hear you are finding all your Hoselink products high quality and very functional. Sorry to hear you have experienced a few issues, unf... read more »

excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Lindsay, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We try to be as flexible as possible with our warranty periods as we are always wanting our customers to be happy with the products w... read more »

extendable brush

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2016

I purchased your extendable brush a couple of weeks ago. Our cars are clean and sparkling. Our windows clear and clean. So quick and easy to use. Normally we put our wooded venetians on the line and wash each slat individually. With the brush it was so much easier we did not have to wash each slat individually it only took a few minutes per blind. They are now fresh and clean. I wish we had that brush years ago. Thankyou Hose Link another great product

Comments
Hoselink Official

Hi Margaret, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear your cars and windows are all clean after receiving our cleaning brush - it's amazing how something so simple can save ... read more »

quality engineering

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

ive used a hose link hose coupling half to demonstrate to our diesel apprentices how to look at an item and try and solve how to disassemble it (allen key) ; the beauty of ingenuity ; and the task of production .

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Lawrie, Glad to hear the Hoselink system is valuable to you in more ways than one! Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

Broken Hill

Verified Purchase

It's expensive rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

We had a retractable hose reel for less than 4 years and the ‘stop-anywhere’ locking mechanism failed. I recently contacted the Hoselink and while they were sympathetic and offered to sell me another one at a discount price ($180), I was really disappointed. Forget all the hype and 'guarantees', it's expensive rubbish that will fail outside the warranty period.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues with your hose reel. Unfortunately this is one issue that cannot be repaired with the reels, if we c... read more »

Springwood

• 1 comment
Private message

Great products and outstanding service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2016

I recently purchased a 30 metre retractable hose reel and also a misting kit for my shadehouse. What excellent products! Great Aussie design even though the product is manufactured overseas.
No leaks, no kinks, and everything functions smoothly and reliably.
I have just ordered another misting kit for my patio to cool us down on those summer days outside after seeing it in action at The Grounds in Alexandria.
Needed some extra bits that weren't listed on the website and their customer service people sorted it out for me without a problem.
If only other companies were as focused on good products and good service.

Comments
Hoselink Official

Thank you for your review and feedback, sounds like you are getting completely kitted out with Hoselink products and just in time for summer, excellent! The misting kits are excellent for entertain... read more »

1 of 29 pages

Hi, will the hose link high flow retractable system support the standard type sprinkler heads sold in Hardware stores. Also how much heavier/awkward is the bigger hose. Thank you, Garry

Garry asked on Jan 05, 2017

Hi Gary,
In my experience, yes. Hoselink sells a connector allowing the use of non-Hoselink sprinklers. That said, I have opted to use Hoselink sprinklers for compatibility.
I have only used the normal flow retractable hoses.
Check with Hoselink customer service, they are lovely, friendly, helpful people.
I hope this helps.
Cheers Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you! this is most helpful, I will contact Hoselink to discuss further.

Thanks Garry

Hi Garry, thank you for your question. Sorry for the delay in reply on this occasion. There are two options for you to use any old style accessories you have at home with a click on fitting. 1) If you can remove the click on thread from your accessory then our Hoselink fittings will screw straight in. 2) If you are unable to remove the click on thread then you can purchase a click on adapter set for $6.90 which will work as a converter. However as this works on a click on fitting, we cannot give it a burst free guarantee like all our Hoselink fittings, therefore always better if you can avoid this.

In regards to the hi-flow hose reel, the casing size is the same as our standard 30m unit. Dimensions are as follows: H49cm x W27cm x D61cm. The unit itself weighs 13.55kg (without water). If you require anymore information, just give us a shout!
Kind Regards, The Hoselink team

hello, has anyone had any experience of the 18mm (red attachments) Accessory Swivel Connector?? Is it worth purchasing?

ettason asked on Dec 12, 2016

Answer this

No experience with this one.

Hi there, thank you for your enquiry. The 18mm swivel connector is worth purchasing if you find the hose kinks or if you struggle to wind the hose up. The swivel connector will go between the hose and gun and will allow you to water at any angle without affecting the hose. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team

hi there, I have recently purchased 2 of the 7 function Metal spray Guns. All the functions work great except for the Flush function. On both spray guns the Flush function seems to spray water all over the place with no real water direction.... is this normal? Both guns do the same? What would you use the Flush setting for?

ettason asked on Dec 11, 2016

Answer this

Hi there, thank you for your enquiry. The Flush Function is a bit different to what you may have seen on other brands. It produces an untidy, messy looking spray because its function is to clean all the outlet holes in the gun. It can be used to dump a lot of water at low pressure without displacing any dirt or soil, in which case you would hold it only a couple of inches above the soil – you would never stand back and spray with this function (because as you have already found out, the spray pattern is unpredictable). Therefore every so often you should select the flush function and hold the gun out just to clean the spray holes. Kind Regards, The Hoselink Team