Hydrotherm is offering a $20 Coles voucher to their customers to encourage them to write a positive or a negative review. This is open to all reviewers that post a review from the 6th of June until the 19th of June 2017. It is possible that reviews were written by customers who received such a reward.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Hydrotherm heat pump - reliable to date, decimated power bills!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Installed April 2016

It replaced a 'Saxon' hot water system which had died. Particularly in winter I now have much more hot water (the Saxon was barely adequate) for much less expense.

Adam Taylor (recommended by Hydrotherm) did a professional and very reasonably priced job on the installation here in Brisbane. This involved a fair bit of work and extra valves as the Saxon plumbing was very simple.

The unit makes a bit of noise but where it's located, it doesn't bother me - it's 'white noise' anyway.

Exceeded my expectations and has slashed power bills over 60% consistently. My last quarterly power bill was just over $200, something I haven't seen for a long time!

Regards,
Greg

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Great product, great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

We absolutely love our hydrotherm. It is significantly cheaper than previous systems, super efficient in the QLD climate, and the service is fantastic. Anyone considering it should just remember that it is about as noisy as the outside unit of an airconditioner, so position it away from bedroom windows and you will be entirely satisfied!

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Replaces Dux Airoheat with Hydrotherm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

The Airoheat which had been great, let go and had to be replaced. The plumber suggested Hydrotherm and I have found it to be just as cost effective or maybe even better. It has not let me down in the 12 months I've had it so far. The only thing I am a little concerned about is if my grandkids have a go at touching the panel. As far as I am aware there is no locking PIN for the touchpad. So far though, no problems.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Shona, Glad to hear you're happy with your system. It's unlikely you're grandkids will get into major settings of the system (they're password protected). The worse they can do it change the tim... read more »

Oh thank you for that!

Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Very loud machine but supplies hot water

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Rebecca, I believe someone has been in contact with you regarding an inspection of the system. Our system is rated at 49dB which shouldn't be louder than any air conditioner. Regardless the tec... read more »

Date Purchased: May 2015

Excellent service..

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

I had a leak with the system and tried to contact the dealer but had the wrong number. I thought I would need a plumber however , the techs came out on a site insopection and saw the problem. The unit is being replaced under warranty. You do not get this sort of service often. Most impressed.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Happy with Hydrotherm Unit`s Heat Pump System.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Replaced ten year old gas/ solar panel driven hot water unit with a Hydrotherm Rapid 55/x4/op unit a year ago . Recommended to me by the plumber on the job . Quick delivery and installation . We have been very happy with the unit , plenty of hot water all the time . Stainless steel outer, looks great and should have a long life span . Have recommended the unit to friends and neighbours . As the whole household uses power from our 14 Solar panels and our Hydrotherm Unit also derives it`s power the same way , so I cannot estimate how much ele ctric bill saving we have achived. So as the unit runs on solar power and we no longer use gas ...{ cancelled gas delivery/ connection . now only have electric cooking } we used to be billed about $ 1.30 PER DAY just to have gas piped in. So as the Hydrotherm unit heats all our water for $ nothing, there has to be a significant saving on our power bill. Very cost effective !

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

so far so good - appears cost effective

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

I have no doubt my system is more cost effective than my previous inefficient 10 yr old electric system. As a single person household I have never run out of hot water. However, I did when I had 2 visitors staying which surprised me as I thought it was sized for a family of 4. I also had several issues associated with the installation so I am wondering if tradies are used to installing this type of system. Hydro-therm however have been brilliant in their customer service.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Hammo, Thank you for the review. Sorry to hear you had issues with the installation of your system. All qualified plumbers can install heat pumps. Could you please email us at info@hydrothemh... read more »

Date Purchased: May 2016

Excellent hot water system

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

We love our new system we have had it only 12 month with running a salon from home I never have been with out hot water . I would recommend this system to anyone and already have done so .The service is excellent when needed we purchased our system in a situation where our other had broken down Simon was so great our system was delivered next day after purchase he followed up to make shore it had arrived one installed he checked we were happy . Thank you Hydro Therm

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Great Customer Service for Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 02, 2017

I had an Error Alarm overnight. I called their recommended plumber and he said to call the company as the error could be fixed by them (He thought it was an electronics issue). Hydrotherm then fixed the problem over the phone straight away (problem was with the factory settings). Thanks

Pottsville

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Date Purchased: Mar 2014

Alarm going off

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

System installed 3 years. Alarm problem past two years.Found necessary to upgrade to off peak controlled load level two in first year. Kept running out of hot water. (Household of 3 people-north coast of nsw.Beach area.)Judging by number of positive reviews we must have scored a "lemon". Not impressed considering the price paid and old simple off peak system lasted 16 years. Sorry not happy.

Comments
Hydrotherm Official

Hi Kev,
Sorry to hear about your issues. I believe someone from the service department has been in contact to arrange a site visit. Please contact us on 1300 769 904 if you're not satisfied with the outcome.
Regards The Hydrotherm Team.

Yes we have received a service call visit and reviewed all system problems. Outcome is to replace the unit under warranty as it possibly has not functioned to capacity from the outset. Could not be... read more »

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Very efficient, love the look and still going strong!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I've had the hydrotherm for a couple of years now and love its modern look, it's also very economical to run and has many user settings that you can adjust to your preferences. I have had issues with water pressure being too high and making valves leak, but after my plumber installed a pressure reducing device I haven't had a problem. The hydrotherm guys also did service on my Unit for free.
Highly recommended.

Date Purchased: Jun 2014

5 star service, punctual, expert.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

I had a problem where I had lost hot water. I rang Hydrotherm at 2pm on Friday before a long weekend. They were at my house within 3 hours. Problem was identified within minutes and resolved after 20 minutes. Hydrotherm rep (Chris) was very knowledgeable and friendly. Fantastic service and highly recommended.

1 of 3 pages

I'm looking for a heat pump for a pool - is this an option for this? - Is it possible to get a heat pump that can heat a pool and be used occassionally for a nearby shower

Brian asked on Mar 18, 2017

Answer this

Not sure. Suggest you make direct contact with Hydrotherm . Gook luck on your quest.

Hi Brian, no sorry we do not currently do pool pumps. Also unfortunately you wouldn't actually be able to have a heat pump that could heat the potable water for the shower and also the pool water because it's not possible to have two separate lines in the one system. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Regards, the Hydrotherm Team.

Hi my name is chris we have 6 people living here can you send us a brochure please

Chris Uren asked on Mar 17, 2017

Answer this

HI Chris, you can download our brochure at http://hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au/download-475/. If you have any other questions, please give us a call at 1300 769 904 or email us at info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au. Thank you.

What is the probable life span of this product and how it is being maintained?

Sally asked on Mar 09, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sally, the probable life span is between 10-15 years. Our systems have a 15 year tank warranty, 5 year for all parts and 2 years for labour. As far as maintenance, nothing is required from the customers side. Hope this helps! Regards, the Hydrotherm Team.

Is this australian made and do you have specialized maintenance team australia wide

Product Details