• 1 question

Just Magnificent !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

We built our forever home and wondered how to finish the windows off. Our next door neighbour used iSeek blinds and highly recommended them to us.
The entire process was a breeze - from using the measuring tools and info provided on the very extensive and informative website enabling exact measurements to ordering and then installing.
The windows look amazing. Thank you so much to the awesome team at iSeek blinds and thank you Mel and Reagan.

Bunbury

Blackout Honeycomb Blind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Will definitely use iseekblinds again. Very well priced. Easy to install. Great instructions on website on how to measure correctly. I waited 8 weeks for the blind, but didn't mind as it was a lot cheaper then what I could source locally.

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Absolutely Brilliant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

Very Impressed with my Beautiful Blinds - Made such a difference to the room. Love the colour and the quality of the fabric - Will definitely use these guys again.

Great Product Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2017

Will definitely use this service again. The quality of the blind is excellent. Fast prompt service and I was very happy with the price. The salesman was fantastic, honest and reliable.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great Service, great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

Will definitely use this convenient service again, after delivery mistake, I was contacted and a refund for delivery was promptly refunded I also received a follow up email. Initial purchase advice was helpful and am very happy with quality of product, will be ordering more!

• 2 helpful votes

Excellent service, excellent quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2017

The quality of the blind is excellent, and what a perfect fit. Fast service and I was particularly impressed when I received an email on the same day as delivery, about how to fit the blind. The instructions are also on their website, but this shows an attention to detail that exceeds many other companies. I would definitely recommend this company. 10/10!

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

We got our DIY on and it was so easy!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2017

Renovating the house and we wanted plantation shutters on the lounge window, so many things to pay out for in the re-do we liked the idea of saving a bit by installing the shutters ourselves. They look amazing and the quality and finish are great.. we have recommended iseek blinds to some of our friends..

They look amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

We decided to order from iseekblinds after seeing and reading very positive reviews online. We are thrilled with the shutters, they look amazing! They have totally transformed the rooms we have so far installed them in. The whole process was easy, from ordering to install. Would happily recommend iseekblinds to anyone .

Best find ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

We recently completed a renovation of our 50 yr old home. We chose blockout and privacy blinds for the living areas and plantation shutters for the bathroom and kitchen. We are so happy with the quality and result and have recommended iseek blinds to many people

Love our blinds

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

We had a wonderful experience ordering our blinds and when they arrived and we put them up there fitted and look fantastic. iseekblinds were so helpful the whole way.

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

I had a window in my unit that had too much light coming in. As I was only renting I had to find a temporary solution. I purchased some black temporary blinds which worked perfectly in blocking out the light. They were easy to install and remove.

• 1 comment
Private message

Reasonable budget plantation shutter option

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

I bought plantation shutters through iSeekBlinds after reading about them on Katrina Lee Chambers' website and after getting quotes from local companies that were way out of my budget. I am reasonably happy with what I got. They are definitely a budget option. For example, in the instruction videos on their website, the presenter picks up the frame a few times after assembling it on a flat surface, and holds it upright to show certain features. Lifting it up in this way caused several corner pieces of the frame to break (the frame is held toget her with 4 connector pieces) and then when I panicked and tried to set it back down on the floor, the remaining connector pieces also broke. I ended up screwing the frame together with screws that won't be seen. I was also disappointed that the magnetic closure mechanisms aren't strong enough to keep the shutters shut, and I'll need to buy stronger magnets to keep the shutters closed. I would recommend this option for people who are on a tight budget, and hopefully iseekblinds will produce more assembly videos in the future because the current videos stop at frame assembly and are very light on details (eg. I think they ought to include warning not to pick up frames beyond a certain width the way they do in the video because they'll break, show which part of the frame is front and which is back as surprisingly that took a few minutes to figure out, how to hang the shutter doors in their hinges once the frame is assembled as there must be a trick to this! took me forever to get a few done, and how to screw the frame into your window area as this is only briefly mentioned and I think demonstrations would be better, eg. for folks like me who have to drill through brick, and use a raw plug, and screw through the blind's frame and into the raw plug, it would have been good to hear minimum depths, gauges, how many screws in total to use and where to locate them, as this is only mentioned in passing and lacks detail). As a final note, they have some kind of numbering system but I could not follow it at all! I think a more layperson-friendly system would be better, eg. this is the 100x200 frame, this is the top left shutter, etc. Overall, not quite as easy as Katrina's website suggests, but a reasonable option for folks on a budget.

Also bought a roller blind at the same time. Very happy with the quality, easy to install, and great value compared to the local custom options I was looking at.

Great service with the samples and especially good that there are several shades of white even in the "express" plantation shutter option. I would recommend iseekblinds to others so long as they factored in the possible cost of labour if the installation is too hard for them, and potential for needing to re-order items since the DIY measurements are so critical.

Comments
iseekblinds Official

Dear Jane, thank you very much for your review and feedback. A disappointing finish to what should have been a quality outcome. Even more upsetting, is that you have been left feeling that iseekb... read more »

Hi Michael, Thank you very much for your response and I'm happy to hear new videos are on the way, as that would be great for DIY installers. I will be in touch regarding the shutter closure issues to see if this can be fixed. Kind regards.

1 of 15 pages

Hi all, we are looking at purchasing the plantation shutters and want to know how much DIY has saved people in terms of dollars? We oils also like to know the price difference between the PVC express & the wood option? thanks in advance. Yes, we intend to measure for a quote as well.

Erin asked on Jan 11, 2017

Answer this

Hi Erin, there are always additional costs to have a person come out to your house to do a measure and quote - this could be anywhere from $250 + depending on who you are dealing with. Regarding installation it can be approx $70 per panel or more for an installer to come out to your house to install. Again this depends on who you are dealing with and if they 'include' the cost into your overall price. All of those costs can be avoided by simply following the instructions provided on our website on how to measure and install your products and getting your DIY on ! In addition iseekblinds strives to provide the highest quality products at the most competitive prices. Both the Express PVC and Basswoods are currently $299 per square metre. Hope this answers your question? Jump onto the website and do a Quick Quote to get a better idea.

Do you have ziptrack outdoor blinds?

Ronald Singh asked on Sep 20, 2016

Answer this

Hi Ronald, Thank you for your enquiry. iseekblinds doesn't currently supply any outdoor blinds/products. We supply window coverings for internal uses only at this stage.

We are thinking of plantation shutters for our whole house. Of the two products, which is the most durable and hard wearing, i.e won't mark, chip and easy clean. I am after a vivid white.

Rip66 asked on Mar 11, 2016

Answer this

Hi, I am not sure I fully understand your question. We have vivid white basswood plantation shutters and have had them since July. They still look as good as the day we installed them. Easy to clean and so far no chips or marks. It would depend on how you treat them to determine how easy they are to chip and mark. We have visiting grandchildren and a bouncing standard poodle and they are still in perfect condition. I can't recommend this product enough and iseekblinds.com.au are so easy to deal with and can't help enough with any question you have to ask.

Thank you for your reply.

HI RIP66, thanks for your questions, Of our two shutters on the site our express range is the most hard wearing, its an extruded blade so it doesn't have the softness of our timber plantation shutters, Both have there own features and benefits and part of the consideration is the rooms they will be installed, also the size of the windows. Some PVC products don't go past 750mm wide so you end up having too many panels in each window which just clutters the window and you loose your view and feeling of openness and space. Generally you don't know this until its two late and the shutters are being installed
Be careful what you buy, and as always do your research, the devil is always in the detail as they say.
When you are ready email me some photos of the windows with the sizes then call me so we can discuss and i can guide you through, its never hard to complete just nice when i can make sure you are on the right track (with good information).

Good luck, Michael Gubby iseekblinds.com.au