Filter By:
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Not worth it for international moves. Watch out for hidden costs.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Office Location: NSW, Sydney

Horrible wet weather, but worked amazingly to safely move us from Sydney to Canberra

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

We moved a large family household (37 years in residence) from Sydney to Canberra, and initially used a local company Kyle Bay Removalists, who were appalling! - see separate review). After one disastrous move with lost furniture, additional charges and very old removalists, we contacted Kent, who were brilliant and restored our faith in removalists! They were efficient, worked exactly to schedule and budget, and all in the wettest weather Sydney can turn on when you least need it. They worked so hard, drenched, with smiles on their faces. We were so happy.

leeds

Unpleasant experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

I moved to the UK from Australia. Not all the items were shipped from the Kent storage facility and it's taken months to try and find out where the missing items are and I am still waiting. The customer service has been very poor and difficult.

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Office Location: QLD, Brisbane

Unnecessary damage that could easily have been avoided

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kent Removals & Storage Official

Dear Lee, Thank you for your continued feedback. Despite our efforts, we regret that we still have not been able to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. More than 30,000 Australians a year entr... read more »

Dear Kent Removals Please provide details as to what you have done to try to "reasonably rectify" this issue as per comments made in your latest response. From my perspective the burden of trying t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Office Location: VIC, Melbourne

Highly Unprofessional with terrible customer service on phone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

I never write any product reviews.. However this company's unprofessional attitude forced me to write this review. I tried calling them multiple times for relocating my stuff to Sydney. To start with, there was a long delay in answering calls. Therefore, I submitted my requirement online and got online quote as well as text message from someone [name removed] that I should discuss the quote via TEXT ONLY. It was impossible for me to type all my requirements and therefore I texted her back saying that I would need prior discussion before approvi ng quote. There was no further response from Kent so I called them again to discuss my requirements. This time, one lady answered my call and insisted that I should speak only to [name removed]. When she transferred her call to [name removed], it went to voicemail second time. They didn't bother to call me again to discuss the quote. Strangely, I received text two days after apologising for the delay and asking if I am still interested in their offer. This text message again insisted to discuss the quote via TEXT ONLY.

These people have got complacent with their high reviews and they have absolutely no respect for customer. Utter disgrace.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kent Removals & Storage Official

Dear Prasad, Our apologies for a form response. More than 30,000 Australians a year entrust Kent, and as we are committed to providing every one with superior customer service, we are concerned th... read more »

These best staff .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

On behalf of myself my mother in law and wife I would like to thank the office staff, ground crew in Perth for the way they treated my mother in law very professional and no stress for her at all. To David and his offsider in Melbourne you both were very professional in the way you delivered the furniture nothing was a hassle every arriving scratch free and damage free we will recommend you all the time.

Verified Purchase Office Location: WA, Perth

Wonderful Service - Yet again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

We had Kent move us from WA to Melbourne - a very large move,well managed, carefully packed and no damage. First time in 4 moves using other contractors that we have had no damage and no hassles.
This time I needed a very quick arrangement (24 hours notice) to empty my Mothers home in Melbourne prior to styling and selling. Arrangements were made, the truck appeared and the work was done with very good and quick results. We would not use anyone other than Kent now. Our contact was Gordon Lentz of Perth office, who was considerate, attentive and made both moves easy. Gordon has been great and we will call on him to shift us from our temporary rental in Melbourne to our new permanent home within the next 12 months - he's that good.

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Kent packed and moved our 4 bedroom home from Rural Victoria to Darwin. The process ran like clockwork and all items arrived safe and sound... Would definitely recommend Kent. I was also very impressed with the packing service and all the staff were pleasant and friendly making the process much less stressful.

No wink links

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

They say you are only as strong as your weakest link, and in this case there was none, from quote , packing, collection and delivery were all excellent. I must also mention the communication with admin , who followed up on delivery times etc , was as good as it gets.

Ours was a larger move, which included a car and spa pool from Vic to WA.

Would certainly be using them again , and recommend you do to.

No 1 Removals and storage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2017

I have used Kent several times in the past 6 years, each time moving a full house of 3 bedrooms, dining room, family and living and have always found them to be professional, on time and organised. I have also used them to store furniture while we got settled, entrusting them with my antiques which were returned in perfect condition. , Their staff are professional from the moment you ring, with regular follow up on your moving date and the guys who turned up to move were equally professional, polite and considerate. I wouldn't use any other company than Kent.
Jo (Bayside Melbourne)

1 of 27 pages

hi Kent team if possible, need to transfer a 100 kg motor cycle from penguin Tasmania to Perth WA. Please respond with logistics, criteria and cost Thanks Michael

Michael Nielsen asked on Jan 25, 2017

Please tell me approximate price for car transport from Adelaide to Sydney, cheapest please. Can be depot to depot. Toyota Yaris. Thanks

meg asked on Dec 07, 2016

Answer this

Hi Meg. Thanks so much for your enquiry. We do provide car transport services. So that we can accurately answer all your questions, we will need some further details though. If possible, could you please contact our Adelaide Manager, Bront Demich on either +61 8 8360 2003 or BrontD@KentRemovalsStorage.com.au. He will be able to help. Thanks again, Kent

Dear team members at Kent Removals, We are relocating to Darwin from Perth in February 2017 and we have 2 cars that need to be transported (1 Forester and 1 corolla). My questions are How do you transport car (open truck or with enclosure)? How much does it cost? How long will it take? Can we keep our belongings in the car while the care is being transported? Thanks, Pyi

Pyi asked on Nov 30, 2016

Answer this

Hi Pyi. Thanks so much for your enquiry. We do provide car transport services. So that we can accurately answer all your questions, we will need some further details though. If possible, could you please contact our West Australian Regional Manager, Gordon Lentz on either +61 8 9479 2004 or GordonL@KentRemovalsStorage.com.au. He will be able to help. Thanks again, Kent

See all 6 questions about Kent Removals & Storage