Model: 5KCF0103AMS (Medallion Silver)

machine does good things, but the noise

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

the machine has a great and responsive temp control. the stirring attachment is non stick and easy to just rinse clean. id be really happy with this machine but, it makes a horrible squealing noise whenever you put the processor or stirring on. its highpitched and unbearable. iuse it in my back room instead of the kitchen so i dont have to deal with the noise, but its annoying not being able to have it going in the kitchen

Darwin

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: 5KCF0103ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

One appliance to chop and cook - love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

I note hear some people saying the appliance is loud when chopping etc, but I've had a food processor before and to me the CP not any louder than that was. And beside, you usually only have to pulse/chop for a very brief time. I am really pleased with this appliance. I went with the KitchenAid Cook Processor after doing a lot of research and sussing out a few people who had both the CP and other similar machines who gave their take on which was the better machine for their needs. My CP is just brilliant because it's a one bowl operation. Ingred ients in, pulse, then add the the remainder and press to cook. How easy is that? And as one gentleman said here, you can go off and do something else whilst you're food is being processed you don't have to stand there and watch it, it'll tell you when it's ready, and after it completes cooking it'll keep warm for about 40 minutes. I've made bolognese, chicken curry and rice, chopped and mixed ingredients for zucchini slice, and the list goes on. Just lovin' it. It's pretty easy to clean - I don't have a dishwasher and hand wash it. If food is baked on, just use a white magic eraser sponge, they work a treat. Also if you're going to purchase one of these machines, make sure you buy through an authorised KitchenAid dealer and double check it is not a reconditioned machine, as I was warned about this. Buy brand new. It's a big price, but as with all KitchenAid products, they're built to last, are robust and should last you a lifetime. And on the net now, there are several websites with people offering recipes they've created using their CP.

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi, Great to hear you love your KitchenAid Cook Processor so much! We also have a food processor attachment which will extend your slicing, shredding, chopping, and mincing capabilities, you can fi... read more »

Model: 5KCF0103ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Got for a great price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

I purchased a refurbished model through catch of the day and have been really impressed with the machine's capabilities. I didn't want to fork out $2000 plus for a machine I wasn't sure I'd get good value out of and getting it cheaper from catch of the day was a good way for me get a good machine to try out without spending a fortune. The only issue I find with it is it's chopping capabilities aren't great for small amounts and the onion/garlic smell.from savoury dishes does permeate the plastic attachments and lid but it doesn't seem to make t he sweet food taste any different so that's the main thing. It's not a blender, but it doesn't claim to be either. If you're after a machine that blends well and mills etc go for a thermocooker with a jug shaped bowl. This machine makes large and tasty batches of stews etc. It doesn't brown that well as it claims too but maybe that's something I'm doing wrong? It's worth purchasing (if you can get a good deal with the free food processor attachment thrown in even better.. it's too expensive to purchase on it's own I think at $500)

Purchased at: Catch Of The Day

Perth, WA

• 4 comments

Model: 5KCF0103ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Very good so far, but why is the old lid still supplied?

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2016

I am really happy with my purchase thus far, but the lid is dire, with water and food getting caught-up in its workings.... Please KitchenAid Australia, send me the updated lid and I'll happily endorse this product, which sits alongside my Multi-Cooker....... Perhaps KitchchenAid if you simply sent a new lid to customers upon their warranty registration you would get a 10 out of 10.....

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Derick, Thank you for taking time to write a review. We will pass on your feedback to our customer service team regarding your suggestion. We are very happy to send you the updated lid. If you ... read more »

OK, I've e-mailed the e-mail address given. Thank you for sending me the new lid.

Good to hear Derick!

Model: 5KCF0103ACA (Candy Apple Red) Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Incredible appliances, except for the piercing coil whine

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2016

In short, this device has replaced traditional cooking for me. All I need to do is quarter or rough-chop larger ingredients, combine in the bowl, and hit a couple buttons. 30-75 minutes later I have 4-5 servings of delicious curry, stew, chili, tagine, coq au vin, even desserts like bread pudding. Yes, I've made all these and others, with uniform success.

Why didn't I give it five stars? This device is LOUD. While the stirring and simmering is fairly quiet, my complaint lies with the piercing, high pitched whine this device emits. It's nearly supersonic and headache-inducingly loud. The only thing I can compare it to is the 'coil whine' you hear when a computer power supply is going bad.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi BeeZee, Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback. Providing the Cook Processor is performing correctly under all settings, the high-pitched noise is the drive motor engagi... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: 5KCF0103AER (Empire Red) Date Purchased: Nov 2015

If you can put up with the high pitch squeal when in use then it's sort of OK

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2016

As soon as you use the stir, mix option the machine lets out the most annoying High Pitch Squeal! Be sure to lock your dogs up and get hubby to have to TV blaring. It is the most annoying noise imaginable! When I called KitchenAid Aust Customer Service to discuss the issue, they told me “its normal and not a warranty issue”. Just so you know, the high pitch squeal comes free with every KitchenAud Cook Processor. It's the unspoken feature.
#KitchenAid #CookProcessor $Yourhomedepot

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi Deb, We are sorry that we have not responded sooner. We have passed on your feedback to our QA team to look into. Kind regards, The KitchenAid Team

ADELAIDE

• 9 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: 5KCF0103AAC (Almond Cream) Date Purchased: May 2016

Love the Cook Processor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2016

Purchased at: TVSN (TV Shopping Network)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
KitchenAid Official

Hi LS, Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback on the Cook Processor. We are so glad to hear the machine is performing as expected and you are getting the most out of it. Ar... read more »

Sydney

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 13 answers
  • 14 helpful votes
Private message

Fantastic Machine - Could not do without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2016

I am a dad and a "cook" (my wife is much more of a "chef"). I can follow instructions but I lack the creativity of a "chef". I was looking for something to help me cook dinner each night while also looking after two young children (a 1y/o and 5y/o). The Cook Processor is like an extra pair of hands in the kitchen. I can cut up an onion and have the Cook Processor cook it for me while bathing the kids. I can then come back and add meat/veges etc to the saute onions without having to worry about anything burning. I have cooked some amazing slow-c ooked dishes with the Cook Processor including Beef Cheeks and Ox-Tail and I would have never considered cooking such dishes without the Cook Processor.It makes awesome curries and the risotto is amazingly good. We have used it to make excellent pancakes (to mix but not cook) using the given recipe. We have only had the Cook Processor about 2 months but now use it almost every day. I agree the Cook Process app has limited recipes - but I am only looking for say 10 new family-friendly recipes which I can use to add to the portfolio of those I already know. I really don't need the 7,000 recipes you get with a Thermomix and, to be honest, the thought of wading through that many recipes really turns me off cooking! People comment the Cook Processor does not have inbuilt-scales and cannot mill flour. I have always weighed my ingredients before I started cooking and have no intention of making my own flour - so I could not care less about these "features". We have owned a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer for years and it is a bulletproof piece of machinery. The Cook Processor feels equally solid although the attachments are obviously not as robust as the rest of the unit. Yes it does come with a heap of other accessories - steamer basket etc - but I have not used any of these as yet.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 answers
  • 36 helpful votes

great machine so far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 08, 2015

Had my kitchenaid machine a few weeks, also have a thermomix TM31 6 years.
Good points:
Looks great, shiny candy apple red. Which is good as it lives on a bench as it's too heavy to move allthe time.
Temperature settings go up to 140°C.
Caramelised onions, meats etc.
Has many preprogrammed settings.
Beeps when reaches temperature. Makes a few more pleasant beeps when finished (unlike noisy thermomix);
Not so noisy when in use;
Makes great fudge, jam and confectionery that you can't do properly in my thermomix.
Casseroles and soups a
re also good , but can make up to 2.5 -4 litres(thermomix only 1.5-2l).
Very solid- stays still on bench at full speed (thermomix moves all over the place and needs a helpful hand to stop it from falling off bench);
plenty of accessories including smaller bowl /blade for small things;
Attachments (stir assist,blades,dough)easily pull out so you can scrape everything out of bowl without wastage(thermomix difficult to remove last bits of cookie batter, casserole etc out from under blades);
has iTunes or Android app;
recipes from kitchenaid perfect each time(and easily adjusted ingredients);
big seal on lid means not getting burnt by steam on opening;
easy to use once you have "fiddled"for a few minutes.

Cons:
expensive (almost $2000).
Cannot mill rice or lentils into flour,or sugar into icing sugar(thermomix does an excellent job of flours and sugars);
accessories take up extra room(almost as much as cook processor );
accessories not as solidly built as thermomix (but hopefully much cheaper to replace than thermomix parts);
manual says not to use dishwasher for main "pot" ,choice magazine used dishwasher as do I;
Cookbook and app have limited recipes (but easy to convert own recipes or other companies recipes); cookbook missing many simple things;
Cookbook not very specific of which buttons to push in which order etc;
Many more buttons ,levers and settings (no one else in family has wanted to touch it,despite them still using thermomix daily)

Looks great in kitchen and doesn't take up much space on bench but accessories look messy on benchtop and suggest that you may want to store in a cupboard.

17 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Hi I'm thinking of selling my thermomix and buying the kitche aid cook processor (Thermomix bowl not big enough for growing family of 5 - and no I don't want to buy another bowl). But..... Can I make smoothies in kitchen aid cook processor??? don't want a sep machine to do this.

Jo Whelkan asked on Sep 02, 2016

Answer this

Haven't tried the Cook processor With smoothies.Doubt it is as good as thermie for it. My Family do not use the thermie for smoothies any more,they use a nutribullet with Frozen Fruit ,fresh fruit +/- ice in them. The Bullet has a very small footprint and sits next to the Cook processor.
Personally I still use the thermie for frappes , grinding pulses,milling sugar. The thermie is much easier to wash up and also easier to make small quantities.
The Cook processor doesn't mill or grind( in my opinion) but does have a small insert for when you are chopping or making a tiny quantity.
The Cook processor would be messy to try to pour out a smoothie(if it's capable), where as the thermie has a convenient jug with handle just made for pouring.

Thx so much. I just don't really want te machines and gave away all others when I bought my thermie!

I agree with dmb. The KitchenAid Cook Processor could be used to make smoothies .... But it's not the best tool for the job. The cutting blade will cut and mix just about anything but pouring out your smoothies may not be so easy.

I've had a lot of meals and salads cooked by friends who own Thermometers but have been really disappointed with the texture of the meals, all the food seems to be cut overly fine. I've read that the Cook Processor can leave food in larger chunks, can anyone confirm or deny??

Amanda58 asked on Aug 01, 2016

Answer this

You are correct. The Thermomix uses a blade set (see here for a picture https://www.thermomix.com.au/shop/parts/tm5-parts/tm5-blade-set/). When it rotates in one direction it cuts. When it rotates in the opposite direction is mixes/stirs.To me it seems obvious that a mixer/stirrer like that is going to turn everything into baby food! By comparison take a look at the StirAssist and MultiBlade for the Cook Processor here (see http://kitchenaid.com.au/cookprocessor/product/product_details/accessories#accessor_1).

Thanks for your reply, apologies for the autocorrect, I did mean Thermomix!

The Cook Processor cooks much more quickly than the TM so if you don't reduce your cooking times, you will also end up with mush. Once I worked that out I became much happier with my Cook Processor and its stirring blade. The CP has a large heating area so it cooks quickly - adjust for this in all your recipes and you'll be as happy as I am with my CP. When I've had TM cooked food at friend's homes, I've found the texture disappointing.

Made a lovely meal using the cook processor following a recipe from the book. The book did not say to take the measuring cup out as it was a "stewing" recipe except now I can't get the measuring cup out!! It seems like it is fused in. Help please?

SJ12 asked on Jun 28, 2016

Answer this

Best to contact Kitchen Aid directly. I have not experienced this problem myself.

Hi there SJ12. Yes, this happened to me also. Was cooking a dish which also did not say to take the measuring cup out and when the dish was completed, I also could not for the life of me get the measuring cup out. After about a week of jiggling and pulling etc, it finally came out and instead of the plastic being clear it was opaque and cloudy. I took pictures and sent them to KitchenAid, to which they promptly replied and offered me a new lid. Just go to the Australian KitchenAid website and report your problem. The lid was delivered in record time (pretty good seeing I live in Darwin), and the new lid has a more secure latch system with the measuring cup in the middle of the lid, which is made of a different material to the old measuring cup. In conclusion, loved the old lid, but this one appears to be more robust. Loving my cook processor - best machine bought. Bit expensive, but it's more than paid for itself already with lovely new recipes and converting some old ones; one pot chopping and cooking, quick, versatile and with the large bowl we're able to freeze the extra food and save money. Thank you KitchenAid.

See all 6 questions about KitchenAid Cook Processor 5KCF0103

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

5KCF0103ACA (Candy Apple Red) 5KCF0103AAC (Almond Cream) 5KCF0103AER (Empire Red) 5KCF0103AMS (Medallion Silver) 5KCF0103AFP (Frosted Pearl) 5KCF0103AOB (Onyx Black)
Price (RRP) $1999 $1999 $1999 $1999 $1999 $1999
Capacity 4.5L 4.5L 4.5L 4.5L 4.5L 4.5L

The main difference between these models is colour