Review rating:
  • OK
  • Bad
  • Terrible
Models:
  • 94600 (Frosted Pearl) (1)
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Model: 94600 (Frosted Pearl)

Great machine

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

I love this machine. So much to mention so i will do dot points.
- easy if you dedicate it some bench space. May be heavy to lift in and out of cupboard
- looks awesome
- slicing and blending is faultless.
- when making bolognaise i just throw 2 carrots and 2 zuccinis in the bowl with the blade and mix. It gets as big as rice and then i just throw it in the sauce. Perfect to hide vegies and saves using the slicing blade.
- the dicing kit works well but i have a lot of trouble opening it after use to clean it. It lost 1 star in my rating
for this reason. But dicing is the least used function on it for me.
- had to contact Kitchenaid with some problems and they are very responsive and helpful.
- the chutes come in a small medium and long size.

Well its a daily machine that is constantly being used. The jugs are dishwasher safe on a delicate setting and they come out perfect. The blades are easy to clean. It will become your best friend in the kitchen. I was thinking of getting this or a Thermomix but i opted for this because i'm happy to use my stove and pan as i love actively cooking. I just detest spending hours chopping and this is amazing for precise chopping and slicing. I may still get a Thermomix when i have kids and can no longer be so hands on. I currently have a Vitamix and this food processor and between the two i am never left wishing i had anything else. Coleslaw and Tabbouleh will take you 30 seconds. Home made hummus 20 seconds. Banana icecream 30 seconds. I believe you get what you pay for but if the price seemed too much i wouldnt hesitate getting the processor that is the model down from this one. I couldn't be more pleased with this and i also purchased a book called "the new food processor bible" and that opened up a world of things i could make in it.

Purchased at: David Jones