Perfect for our kids!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

We decided to try a Kogan plan for our two children. We found Kogan were prompt in sending out the SIM card, set up was easy and very quick and the value for money is perfect for kids who text a lot!!! We have since recommended it to all our friends with children/teenagers because of the speed, great online or phone help and the great value! Would suggest people seriously consider this as a great option.

Verified Purchase

Excellent .. great price great service....vodaphone's network is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2017

Network is great...good coverage and great 4G speed
My plan is prepaid 12 months in advance
great valve for money as for $209 I get 3gig data a month and unlimited calls ....fantastic
Service is great....highly recommend, and already have as my wife is on Kogan 12 month plan too as is a friend after my recommendation.

Easy and quick!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2017

Ported vodafone to kogan on Sat night, wouldn't expect anything sooner than next week. But it is done by now, Sun morning, quick and easy. Funny part is, invoice for kogan plan was issued by vodafone, but doesn't matter if they won't double charge like someone previous mentioned.

Simply Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2017

I was a bit worried about Vodafone's coverage but am very impressed so far. I get a much better service than I did with Optus, I can now surf the web and listen to the radio when travelling to the City from Miranda without losing a signal. Simply fantastic and much much cheaper..

This is perfect!! It's a great product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

It's fantastic for a pre paid plan. I bought the year up front! It's excellent plan for my son. Yes

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

As dodgy as they come

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

Don't sign up for Kogan mobile ever. Nothing short of fraudulent. They charged me 63.92$ when I signed up, did not send me the voucher and then authorised Vodafone to take out another 63.92$ when I activated the SIM card. How could they authorise a 3rd party like Vodafone to take out funds from my card? And when I call to complain (after waiting 30+ mins), they ask me to deal with Vodafone. When I call Vodafone, they don't even have a clue about it. And when I call back Kogan, they make me wait another 30 mins and then hang up. When I call again, it was already 8pm and their customer care was closed. Kogan = Frauds... stay away!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Rishi, Thank you for your review and we're really sorry to hear of these issues. That doesn't sound right at all and you shouldn't be charged without your consent, would you be able to let us ... read more »

How do I private message?

Reliable telephone transmission and reception, in use each day. Very cost effective.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

I have 100% satisfaction with the operation of the telephone network, and realistic cost effective pricing, which after trialing for 3 period of months , I have prepaid for the next 12 months. I once had a small problem in the early segment of my trial which was not well handled, however all other contact has been an encounter with pleasant, courteous and competent personnel. I have previously recommended Kogan Mobile to several other consumers, both family and other.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

The best service and value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Vary good coverage and fast data too, even I have only one G.
I had been introduced to my families and friends most of them join this network.
I'm so happy with the service.

It is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

It's cheapest and best coverage and so quick to answer if I have problems i put the whole family onto Kogan

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 2 questions
  • 3 helpful votes

Great service good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Only thing that would make Kogan better would be to have rollover data, some months i use a lot less data but i would love to have the unused data rollover,some other companies get rolliver data. customer service is very good and i tell others how happy i am with Kogan

Perfect for all the family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

Owning your own phone has so many
Benefits because of the money you save
And great service with easy payment options

Kogan Mobile appears to cover all that I require

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

The coverage seems satisfactory on my prepaid plan the plan covers what I require in a mobile service and I have not required to contact Kogan to test their back up.

1 of 17 pages

Can we use it for international calls?

ndurrani asked on Jan 15, 2017

Answer this

Yes, there is a premier access bolt-on pack that allows this on an "as required" basis. See their web site for details (koganmobile.com.au) . Personally I don't think their overseas rates are very attractive. But as I said in my review the BEST way to call overseas is using Facebook, Viper, Skype or Whatsapp on a Wifi network. Alternatively use an appropriate phonecard.

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

International calls are not included as standard in a plan, but you can purchase a Premier Access Bolt-On for international calls at a standard rate (deducted from the balance of the Bolt-On).

The details are available at the following link: https://www.koganmobile.com.au/plans/mobile/premier-access-bolt-on/

Does an oppo f1s work on the kogon network? Brought a large $90 plan and activated my new sim card. Still working knowledge number transfer which isn't the problem. It says I don't reception even though I have the data and live in the city and should be getting coverage. Tried changing the apn settings and restarting the phone and hasn't worked. Please help

Sam L asked on Jan 11, 2017

Answer this

Hi Sam, unfortunately I am not sure if the Oppo F1S is compatible with Kogan Mobile. I would imagine so but I could be wrong. I would suggest going to the Kogan Mobile Help Centre. Here is the link: https://help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au/requests/new and ask a question. Good luck! Please keep me updated on what happens.

Hi Sam,

Looking up the Oppo F1S, it has the same network bands that Kogan Mobile runs on: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/does-this-phone-work-with-my-provider-au/

We would recommend you get in contact with us so we can work the issue out, you can call us on 1300 056 426 or submit an online inquiry here: https://help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au/requests/new

I have the $125 + P.Y. plan and it has been activated for several weeks now. During that time I have received very few phone calls because every time (almost) someone rings - they hear it ring once and then get the message that my phone is busy. Meanwhile I hear nothing and my phone records a 'missed call' I have no problem ringing out. I have contacted Kogan three times now, and asked them to fix it. Each time they say they have 'made some alterations' and " it should be fine now'. They usually ring me back to check and it rings. - as it does randomly To date nothing has changed - still the same problem persisting. Is this a common problem with this plan or is it just me?.

Fran asked on Jan 09, 2017

Hi Fran,

Thank you for your question, that's an unusual issue.

We would encourage you to get in touch with our customer care team so we can look into it, you can call 1300 056 426 or submit an inquiry here: https://help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au/requests/new

I have exactly the same problem on all 3 Kogan phone plans no matter where they are in the state. This is so frustrating.

Seen this problem with Kogan a couple of times. Its possible you have accidentally instructed the network to have all your calls diverted to Voicemail. (by dialling 1212) Hence you can make calls without any problem however people calling you are always diverted to your message bank/voicemail.
Here are all the codes for voicemail/message bank:
To stop all calls going to Voicemail, simply Dial 1214.

To forward calls when you don't answer to your Voicemail - Dial 1211 (This is the normal setting).
To disable this feature - Dial 1214

To forward all calls to your Voicemail without ringing to your device - Dial 1212
To disable this feature - Dial 1213 (try dialing this one to stop all calls going to voicemail)

See all 31 questions about Kogan Mobile