• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

KOGAN terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2017

Terrible cant connect to internet and no one answers calls technicle support has no idea about anything I am going to go back to Optus who are hopeless too but slightly better

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for your review and we're sorry to hear you've had some issues getting the service up and running. It's understandable that you would be frustrated in the matter and we'd very much ... read more »

Brisbane

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

Number ported, no probs. Great value plan. Friendly phone service so far.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

I was well assisted (by Kogan staff) in negotiations with old provider to keep old phone number and I was happy in general with phone service. So far no issues with reception. Great value plan.
Thanks Kogan guys.

Good once you connect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Took me 10 days to finally receive my simcards, and extra 3 days to finally get my number from vodafone ported over to kogan, as vodafone porting server was down and I had to keep calling back and forth to make sure I get a a porting request again. Once I was finally connected to kogan, everything has been well, as they do use the vodafone network so no changes except the price I am paying. Very good price for how much you get from it.

Melbourne

After initial problems good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

I first couldn't activate my prepaid plan online because my address kept being refused, Then I rang Kogan's helpline and waited 15 minutes but hung up because I was still not connected to an operator. Next day I rang again and got an operator on the line after one minute. I used another computer to activate my prepaid plan and from then on everything fine. It is cheap and unlimited, so I am happy.

Beware! They ripped me off...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I bought a Koganmobile sim card at a special price. When I activated it, they over charged me $ 84. I attempted recovering my overpaid money, but they refused. Hundred percent unhappy customer. Beware of Kogan.com before you purchase anything.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thanks for writing a review and we do apologise for any dissatisfaction. Upon purchase of your plan, you were provided with a code and instructions to enter it during the activation process. ... read more »

Worst Customer Service to Assist Porting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2017

I have been struggling to port my number for over a month now with very little and very poor communication and assistance from the Kogan Customer Service Team. I have never had this much trouble and I have ported my number multiple times from Telstra to Dodo to telstra to Optus to Dodo to Telstra to Optus with ease but with Kogan it is taking them ages. I phoned and had to talk to three people(and go to my current provider three times) until a Kogan call centre rep could tell me I need to check AND change details with my current provider so it matches what I gave Kogan.
Sure did that then emailed, with no response, and then phoned them to say it was corrected and the person on the other side supposedly resubmitted my porting request and I woud have received an email to confirm this(no email more than two days later) and then it would take 3-24 hours to complete. Nothing 48 hours later. So emailed again, and again with no respone to any email except that is was received. Well after struggling for a month with multiple emails(many unresponded) and phone calls my service is still not connected and I am missing out on this "great deal". The way things are going I paid $125 for one month not for twelve as it seems Kogan is so slow and useless in helping their customers that I wil be waiting till next year for the port to be completed! They better give me credit for the time I have lost and the coverage better be great.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience. We're really sorry to hear about the trouble that you have had trying to port your number over and the amoun... read more »

Great Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Great Value. Great service in setting it all up once sim card arrived. Had no problems. Porting was almost instant and I was surprised considering it was meant to take 3 hours.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Have regrets - poor data coverage in Northwest Sydney

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

I have regrets purchasing 3 prepaid "365 day" plans for my wife and kids during a recent Kogan sale. There is virtually no data connectivity indoors or outdoors from our home on the North Kellyville side of Beaumont Hills NSW.
This is not a remote area. It is a suburban Sydney estate established for over 17 years with new high rise apartments being built nearby and projected population in the region expected to exceed Canberra. Be warned if you live in this area to just purchase a 1 month plan to test it our or better still stick with Telstra.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Steve, Thank you for your review and it's disappointing to hear of your poor experience with the service in your area. We do have a coverage map on the website and it does indicate good servic... read more »

Morisset, New South Wales, Australia

New user

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Ok I've changed from Optus to Kogan the porting of my number took 35 minutes. The signal strength at home is better than I had with optus. The plan I've chosen is the same as I had with optus and is $11 a month less over 90 day's. I contacted Kagan help for assistance and received a reply in about 15 minutes so no complaints for now.
Over 365 days I save $181 dollars for the same service that's half my rego.

• 1 comment

So far so good. 10 min porting

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

got the X-large 365 days plan for an awesome price. Setting up was a bit weird but my porting was completed in 10 min. happy with that. All is working well so far. Recommended!

Albury

• 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

To buy online or not

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

Live in Albury and have bought from kogan before with no problems However. I Bought the kogan agora 6 plus it arrived 17th Jan and I had trouble putting the sim card into the phone and then it got stuck inside the phone. So have sent it back 24th Jan Kogan received it and still waiting to find out what is happening. Now this phone is BRAND NEW if I had bought this at the local phone shop and returned it next day as happened with kogan what would the out come be? From the local store I would have left with a replacement phone or money back That is what is called CUSTOMER SERVICE not customer delay as seems the norm at Kogan. From Kogan I am still waiting for that brand new phone, Customer service seems to be more interested in emailing wait messages than updating the customer I find that really really surprising when it comes to BRAND NEW items returned ONE day after .I now have 12 months pre paid sim, screen protectors and a nice folding case that all fit the phone. Sadly I DO NOT have the PHONE. Now the sending of items is great, the delivery time is great even here in Albury. sad to say that as a BRAND NEW item being purchased and 20 days later not having that item tells me I may well have made a mistake a BIG mistake in buying new phone online from Kogan . Spent the best part of a thousand dollars last month with kogan and had planned more this month but can assure you that is well and truly being re-evaluated.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for writing a review and we're sorry to hear of the issues you've faced setting up the phone. Our technicians have retrieved the SIM which was dropped in the device and it is being ... read more »

Response to problems very,very slow

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

New customer. Two issues were of concern. First one paid online for 3month small mobile phone plan. Sent sims but had to pay for plan again to activate sims. Apparently should have been sent voucher-after a number of emails and a phone contact was sent voucher-supposedly forwarded from original sent but it never was sent. Have all kogan emails in one folder and have done many searches in all folders for it. Have sent all details and am still waiting for refund. (Now day 11 since activating sims).
Second issue was sent email to say it would tak
e 3 days to port old number over and i would be sent email when this was done. No email. I did set up a kogan account and got an email to say this was activated about 15min after first email. Was that supposed to mean phone was as I am yet to receive said email to say port transferred? Phoned in after few days of being told not registered on network when tried to use phone. Was told i was registered, try turning phone on and off, change a setting to 2g/3g but still no registration. Was told they would look in to it. No more contact. After umpteen more emails -only one with other suggestions to try. Still no service then I had brainwave. Maybe phone still locked to optus. wonderful staff at optus unlocked it and i have service. Not one of the staff I wrote to suggested this very basic thing could be blocking my service.
Did write another review and was asked if i wanted to solve problem or publish. I said solve. That was Feb2nd. Response Feb 6 wanting more info-given. Still no help and I worked out problem so its publish. Poor communication from communication provider.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for your review and we're sorry you've had a poor experience getting the service up and running. It looks as though the service issue was sorted out very shortly after we received y... read more »

1 of 20 pages