Prepaid nightmare

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

Kogan MUST let customers know that they have a software glitch that doesn't allow you to activate your prepaid service. Kogan shouldn't knowingly sell a faulty product without adequate warning about this problem. I have yet to receive a follow up Call 6 days after I reported the issue.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Ange, Thank you for writing a review and we're really sorry to hear you've had some issues getting your service set up. Most activations go through without a hitch, certainly we'll want to mak... read more »

MELBOURNE

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

FAB-ULUZ

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

Best prices around and quite often % Deals i had 3 months @ $10 during Xmas normally $16.00. It was great to pay up front and forget plus Voda has great speeds. Optus offer some ok deals but i find they have slower speeds, Happy to stay on pre-paid now with them. They also have an App that works great

Great value on the Vodafone network - Kogan #nailedit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

In August 2016, I decided that I was finally going to say goodbye to Aldimobile's Pay As You Go $15 plan and sign up to Kogan's $16.90 Small plan. I must say, I am very glad about making the switch.
Porting my number over was super easy and I was surprised at how quick it was. I literally had my phone working in no time!
I love that the plan that I'm using is fantastic value for money and I can get unlimited talk and text and 1GB of data for only $16.90 for 30 days!
The network is lightning fast and is powered by Vodafone. Because I live i
n a rural area, coverage at my house isn't the best but when I'm not at home, it works perfectly. It's great that I can get full access to the Vodafone network with Kogan.
To keep my usage on track, Kogan will send me text messages at certain intervals to remind you of how much data you're using. Otherwise, you can check your balance online or through the app, through SMS by texting 'Bal' to 12612 or by calling 12612 from your phone and pressing Option 1.
Customer service is also a big plus. They are so helpful and you don't have to spend forever on hold.
Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Kogan Mobile. I definitely would recommend Kogan Mobile to others and I have already managed to switch 6 people over to Kogan.

If you're looking for fantastic value on a fantastic network, you should definitely give Kogan a try.

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase

Best offer in QLD for those in who prefer to get the most out of talk and text.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Melton South

• 1 comment

Buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

I had the exact experience as Richie.
You can't just put a product for sale without ensuring it works.
I bought 2 Prepaid Kogan mobile voucher .I couldn't activate, because My credit card details did not match the account user. The customer service people were nice and could see the problem, but couldn't help. They kept issuing an investigation, taking 24 hours. I never got a return call or email with a result of this so called investigation.
After 3 weeks of this and several 24 hour investigations I requested a refund. I was told it would take 7 working days!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Nikos, Thank you for getting in touch and advising. While it doesn't change the experience you've had, we can assure you most activations are processed quickly and easily. To make sure we so... read more »

I asked for a refund on the 21st March 2017, following from the 7 working days I should have my refund in my account by Thursday the 30th at the latest. I had several emails from Kogan since I p... read more »

Kogan Official

Thank you, there's a lot of valuable feedback in this matter and we're sorry again for the difficulties you've had, we have done our best to follow this up and sort it out. A refund does take time... read more »

Terrific Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Pretty good, but at times can't download as I would like. I knew that the service here in the county wouldn't be 100% perfect but am pleased with the overall service. Can talk to a consultant who always solves problems that arise. Very good value for money compared to Bigpond who was always dropping out and cost more than twice as much. Thank you for the 2 gb extra per month - much appreciated! My plan is prepaid, and is very easy to get extra gbs and bolt on if necessary. Thank you...

working well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

excellent prepaid package even I can change anytime after the month. Lots of package deal either select monthly or yearly. I'm satisfied

Melbourne

Wouldn't recommend

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Tried activating the 365 day prepaid SIM card for my mum, but my credit card name wasn't the same as her account name so the port ended up unsuccessful, called customer service and they said change the account name to my name or I have to end up paying another $180 and trying again. I just want a refund by this stage!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Sam, Thank you for writing a review and we're sorry to hear of the issues you've faced. That doesn't sound right, while we can't complete a port if the details provided don't match the ones yo... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Poor connectivity and reception. Technical issues. Cheap but poor mobile service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Poor service. Poor reception. Lot of technical issues. Cheap but poor services, would be good if technical issues and reception is improved

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we're sorry you've had a poor experience with our service here. We'd very much like to look into it further and see what we can do to improve ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Beware Kogan Prepaid:- Credit Card required for activation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

I bought a Prepaid Kogan mobile voucher for my son. He couldn't activate, because My credit card details did not match the account user. The customer service people were nice and could see the problem, but couldn't help. They kept issuing an investigation, taking 24 hours. I never got a return call or email with a result of this so called investigation.
After the 4th call and the third 24 hour investigation I requested a refund. I was told it would take 7 working days!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Richie, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's disappointing to hear of the issues you've faced, as we strive to provide helpful and responsive customer service. We'd very much... read more »

Kogan mobile

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Excellent coverage with no bare spots throughout Melbourne in a thoroughly competitive priced service. Best decision I made was to change to Kogan mobile factual charges and excellent advice to boot.

Good value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

On a monthly prepaid plan that is great value and easy to use. Options available each time we recharge and there are occasional offers.

1 of 24 pages

Hello kogan mobile my account number is 502149768 my date of birth is 3/4/1977 my mobile number is 0421370665 ive been trying to port over too from kogan to aldi mobile since last Thursday whats going on please help?

Tallguy39 asked on Mar 07, 2017

Hi!

Thank you for your question.

It looks like the port to Aldi has been unsuccessful at this stage due to there already being an active transfer request to another carrier open.

We have attempted to contact you on the number provided, however, we've been unsuccessful in getting through. We will now contact you via email.

In the meantime, you're welcome to contact us on 1300 056 426 to discuss this further. We look forward to resolving this with you soon.

Hello! I purchased the discounted yearly 3G/month plan ($209.93) last week, and received the voucher via email. However today when I activate the account, the place for me to type in Voucher Code is too hard to find and I ended up using my credit card to pay the undiscounted price for a yearly 3G/m plan ($299.99)! The statement that says it may only charge for $1 is really confusing! Can you fix this for me so that my credit card transaction cancels and I can still apply my voucher code? The transaction number is 2008000194875546. Thank you!

Jonathan asked on Mar 03, 2017

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for making contact. We're sorry to hear that you have been charged the full price after purchasing the voucher.

So that we're able to assist you further, could you please provide the order number for your SIM card? We'll then be able to look up your details and contact you to get this all sorted out.

We look forward to hearing back soon!

You should of entered the Voucher code , it messed it up not Kogans fault !

I have previously purchased a 365 day/12 gig a month plan and it has not recharged ! Why ?

fasanser61 asked on Mar 02, 2017

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

Did you set up an automatic recharge on your account? You can edit this through your account settings either on the app or online here: https://accounts.koganmobile.com.au/customer/login

You can also contact our customer support team on 1300 056 426 or online here: https://help.koganmobile.com.au/hc/en-au/requests/new

Correction on previous question. 365 day / 12 gig a month plan not RENEWING.......DOES NOT NEED TO BE RECHARGED..........Have PAID 12months in advanced!!!!!!!!!!! Why is sim card not renewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ........Ph. No. 0451391942..............renew date...........02/03/2017???????????

See all 38 questions about Kogan Mobile