They make dreams happen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

Quick and easy application and fast response. They really do help you as much as they can to turn your dream holiday into a reality.
Great service and a team that's always ready and keen to help.

Verified Purchase

Great customer service but can be inconvenient to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

Second credit card but first full-time job so got $1000 credit limit, which I'm happy with because it gives time to get used to having a cc again. Applying was fast and easy but it took about two weeks to receive my card. Setting up internet banking was difficult and this is because of the company's extensive security measures (e.g. different passwords for different access points). This inconvenience continues as direct debit payments require either setting up fixed withdrawals ($ per period) or making separate phone calls (with excessive secur ity checks) for each payment. $99 fee is high but the 6 months interest free for purchases over $250 is great. Also, customer service is outsourced but very good, doesn't take long to get through and they are consistently helpful :) Overall good experience but Lombard really needs to improve the potential of internet banking smoother (e.g. contemporary UI and PLEASE option to authorise direct debit payments online if possible).

Job well done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Very friendly staff and professional customer service .i would recommend this company to anyone who wants to use their services.

Norm

Holidays which we couldn't imagine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

I find that this company was so helpful and I was really surprised with the outcome .... And the term suits as well....

Yeah it's fantastic i would use it as i desire thanks.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

As i mention above in title Lombard Finance is a good company the customer service is nice and would able to complete your query doesn't matter what should be the enquiry too. THANKS being good with me.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

We use Lombard finance as this was the finance company that Dollar curtains and blinds use. Lombards finance have always been so helpful and a great support. Very easy to talk to if needing to update details or any questions. Would recommend

Effortless Application!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Our enquiry about interest free finance for a home improvement project was met with professional and courteous advice from the consultant we spoke to by phone. It was great to be able to speak to a real person who understood exactly what we were wanting to achieve and made the process very straight forward and easy. We would definitely recommend the service.

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

The whole process was smooth and easy. Instant approval and the customer service when calling the help centre to set up and then stop direct debit was easy. The staff are very friendly. Highly recommend. Thanks

Interest free is great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

Thank you for easy friendly transaction. Would highly recommend lombard finance to my friends. Interest free loan is a great seller.

Terrible service - all about fees

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

Took out a loan through a travel agent and any payment methods except for direct debit would cost you money. In closing the account they asked for interest up until 5 days later which I had to ask to be refunded. You have to speak to 3 people before you get to the person you need to speak to and they make you create a phone password, statement password and online password which have to be different. Avoid at all costs.

Lombard the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Application was easy to fill out and straight forward. Application was was accept almost straight away. No complications. Appreciate it!

QLD

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase

Very poor customer services and inflexible internal system. They don't value their customers.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Very bad service and internal system. Their customer services wrongly signed me up to the incorrect Lombard 55 card despite I reiterated my requirements for a 180 card at two occasions. Their customer service department kept dragging on the remediation process and never returned my call after I have called them numerous times. It has been 2 weeks since they said they will fix it up for me and I still haven't got a call back from them and they can't tell me how long it would take. I am a very unhappy customer and will never use them again.

1 of 30 pages

if my father applies for the card would anyone else be able to travel using the card without the primary owner?

tina asked on Mar 15, 2017

Is there a penalty for paying of the Lomard Interest free loan early ?

Bruce Angus asked on Mar 19, 2016

Answer this

I have taken a loan out myself. I can now pay it off in full if I wish to. I don't believe there is an early payout penalty because nothing is mentioned in the contract. But I would suggest that you ask them for an itemised account of any balance they give you. If not, and you are not happy, go to the Ombudsman and keep writing about it in forums like this one. I made double the payments required from the time I started the loan and this month, due to the due-date being on a Sunday, I didn't get the payment in on time. LOMBARD are now going to charge me a penalty. I've lodged this with the Ombudsman. Will keep you folks informed.
Meanwhile spread the word of any morally wrong practices. We can take them down if we persist.

Hi Bruce,

There is no penalty to pay out your Lombard Interest Free early - I just had a look at their website. You can also make early repayments with out penalty. As long as you make the minimum monthly repayment each month by the Due Date you will not be charged anything else. Just remember to pay it all by the end of the promo term and you will pay no interest. The same with any of the Interest Free card programs. They look to have a couple of different cards - the 180 Card looks to be the best with 6 Months Interest Free on Visa purchases. Looks good.

In relation to Don's response he clearly says he did not pay it back before the due date. The ombudsman will laugh at him. Like any company you borrow from you have to make the min repayment by the due date. It doesn't matter if you have paid more over time - the contractual amount each month is due. And if it is a Sunday then pay by Friday. He chose not to - now he is bad mouthing a company. Someone else is to blame other than him. Not sure how he thinks it is "morally wrong practices" - I bet he wouldn't let his employer pay him late because they didn't manage their expenses well.

Hope this helps.

If I need a personal loan for about 3000, what would the interest be? What would the repayments be? I currently have an interest free card type loan. What would the interest be and repayments be if I used the card for this amount? Thank you!

Victoria c asked on Jan 10, 2016

Answer this

Hi Victoria. I would say look at your statement. If it is a Lombard Card their website says the back end rate of the card is about 22.99%. So if you use it to get cash out you will be charged this. It is different to a Personal Loan and not suggested you borrow money this way. It also depends on what card you have - their 180 Card I saw gives 6 Months Interest Free on Visa Purchases over $250 - check it out - it may help you that way. But if you are looking for a personal loan go to a bank. If you want to buy goods on Interest Free - use your card and shop that way. Just pay it back before the promotion ends. Just depends on what you want it for. Just an FYI from someone who worked at a GE Branch - they cant give you exact repayment amounts on card products - they are a revolving line of credit - not a fixed rate personal loan. Usually the min repayment is 3% of the balance each month. Personal Loans can be fixed at a price, term and repayment - very different products.