Brisbane

Private message

Easy and quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2017

Application was quick and easy to complete. So refreshing as others are just so complicated and tedious. The twelve months interest free was such a bonus.

Lombard Facilitates Our Overseas Vacation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Lombard has provided us with the opportunity of making more affordable our holiday abroad. By offering a nine months interest-free period in which to pay for our holiday, Lombard has assisted in our avoiding the need to pay a considerable amount of money in advance. We now have the luxury of affordable monthly payments. The entire experience with Lombard has been exceptional and highly recommend the company's products and in particular the professionalism of the Consultant with whom we dealt.

Quick and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Did an online application and received a text within 24 hours notifying me that I was all approved! The process couldn't be easier and would definitely recommend to friends :)

Drew out money without notice and couldn't care less..

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

They were very good to get the finance approved but then decided to draw money without any notice even when we were ahead on payments. I called to discuss and never got a call back.. We will make sure we will pay this off as fast as possibly can so we dont give them the satisfaction of making any money from us. Terrible customer service and wouldn't recommend.

Verified Purchase

If their customer service is anything to go by, I will be extremely happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Got approval on the spot for an interest free loan for my trip to the US! I received excellent customer service from one of the representatives at the Brisbane Travel Expo, she was very informative and helpful and helped me get approved within 20mins. Got a great deal on my holiday and will be paying it off interest free.

Fast and easy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

I went to Flight Centre to get prices for a trip to the Whitsundays, for my 6th wedding anniversary, Bec was super helpful and friendly and put together an awesome package for me which I really could not say no too. Unfortunately I didn't have enough $$ for a deposit at that stage

Ease = Excellence

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

It only took five minutes to get an outstanding result, I could not believe how easy it was to apply and to get a result strait away was amazing! in this day and age Ease dose equal Excellence!!!

Quick and easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

I applied for this in the morning online and by that afternoon my loan was approved. It's the most simplest online form I have ever done. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends

Too easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

The representative was great, she did all the work, it only took around 10 minutes and I could then finalize my holiday.

A great card to enjoy booking holidays on

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

Our travel agent recommended Lombard Finance to us. The travel agent set it up, so easy and fast. Lombards staff
are very polite and helpful with any questions you need answered. we use 12 months interest free for holidays it fantastic.

• 2 answers
Private message

Quick and Easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

I was referred to Lombard Finance through my travel agent. I applied online and the application system is user friendly and there is an immediate outcome, no having to wait days to see if approval or not. Went straight to travel agent and paid for my cruise and have nine months interest free to pay it off wahoo.

Fantastic Service, Easy to Access & Apply For

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

The on-line application system is extremely user friendly and with an immediate outcome. Customer service via phone were exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Great overall system to deal with.

1 of 26 pages

Is there a penalty for paying of the Lomard Interest free loan early ?

Bruce Angus asked on Mar 19, 2016

Answer this

I have taken a loan out myself. I can now pay it off in full if I wish to. I don't believe there is an early payout penalty because nothing is mentioned in the contract. But I would suggest that you ask them for an itemised account of any balance they give you. If not, and you are not happy, go to the Ombudsman and keep writing about it in forums like this one. I made double the payments required from the time I started the loan and this month, due to the due-date being on a Sunday, I didn't get the payment in on time. LOMBARD are now going to charge me a penalty. I've lodged this with the Ombudsman. Will keep you folks informed.
Meanwhile spread the word of any morally wrong practices. We can take them down if we persist.

Hi Bruce,

There is no penalty to pay out your Lombard Interest Free early - I just had a look at their website. You can also make early repayments with out penalty. As long as you make the minimum monthly repayment each month by the Due Date you will not be charged anything else. Just remember to pay it all by the end of the promo term and you will pay no interest. The same with any of the Interest Free card programs. They look to have a couple of different cards - the 180 Card looks to be the best with 6 Months Interest Free on Visa purchases. Looks good.

In relation to Don's response he clearly says he did not pay it back before the due date. The ombudsman will laugh at him. Like any company you borrow from you have to make the min repayment by the due date. It doesn't matter if you have paid more over time - the contractual amount each month is due. And if it is a Sunday then pay by Friday. He chose not to - now he is bad mouthing a company. Someone else is to blame other than him. Not sure how he thinks it is "morally wrong practices" - I bet he wouldn't let his employer pay him late because they didn't manage their expenses well.

Hope this helps.

If I need a personal loan for about 3000, what would the interest be? What would the repayments be? I currently have an interest free card type loan. What would the interest be and repayments be if I used the card for this amount? Thank you!

Victoria c asked on Jan 10, 2016

Answer this

Hi Victoria. I would say look at your statement. If it is a Lombard Card their website says the back end rate of the card is about 22.99%. So if you use it to get cash out you will be charged this. It is different to a Personal Loan and not suggested you borrow money this way. It also depends on what card you have - their 180 Card I saw gives 6 Months Interest Free on Visa Purchases over $250 - check it out - it may help you that way. But if you are looking for a personal loan go to a bank. If you want to buy goods on Interest Free - use your card and shop that way. Just pay it back before the promotion ends. Just depends on what you want it for. Just an FYI from someone who worked at a GE Branch - they cant give you exact repayment amounts on card products - they are a revolving line of credit - not a fixed rate personal loan. Usually the min repayment is 3% of the balance each month. Personal Loans can be fixed at a price, term and repayment - very different products.