Charges are for everything

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

The only thing they don't charge is to speak with them. Otherwise, they make a money on every single cent you use.

The first company I have heard who charges Annual fee on card in advance and charges interest on it and yes they have damn rude staff to talk too.

Quick and Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

I was able to apply whilst arranging my purchase. The response was immediate and I was able to complete my purchase without delay. I would thoroughly recommend this service.

Charged wrongly

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

I lost forgot my pin number to my card and was advised they would have the reissue me a new card as they cannot change the pin. I was told it was a $20 card reissue fee and was told they would waive the fee for me as I was going to close my account rather than pay the $20 fee as it felt unnecessary. Today I find out they have charged me the $20 fee AND i have been charged interest on the $20. Completely unacceptable behavior for any company to lie to a costumer.

cairns

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 12 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

Easy finance

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

I recently applied for and acquired finance from Lombard Finance in order to buy a Ride on mower.
The process via the retailers login connection was simple and fast.
I took advantage of the 27 month interest free term that was available.
All that was good...
Only thing I have a problem with is that they charge $2.50 each time I want to make a payment on the account and they do not have a function for paying from my bank as they don't run a BSB number in order to do so. So if I want to make extra payments on the account it'll cost me $2.50
a time, which is a bit unreasonable I think. They told me this when I called to find out.
I cannot sort anything else out for payments until the first statement has been issued either, which is frustrating but I'll wait and see.
When I was making the application, I chose the minimum monthly direct debit feature instead of choosing my own nominated amount for monthly payments to be made. I should have used the latter, since I had worked out the monthly amount required to pay for the ride on mower within the interest free period.
Possibly, once the first statement is issued, I can have it changed to what I should have set up initially by phone.
Now contacting them via phone is the easiest I've come across with any financial provider and only costs $99 per year for the privilege of having so many interest free periods available with so many retailers. The couple of customer services people I've spoken to over the phone have been really easy to understand, explain things reasonably well and are very helpful. It's also quick to get to talk to someone.

Dream Holiday-Easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

The application was extremely easy to complete, with the loan approved almost immediately. Was able to add a couple of extra events to the itinerary knowing that it was now part of the interest free plan. Dream holiday...Easy!

Quick and Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Booking a holiday has never been easier, one transaction for the whole package, interest free period, and made the whole process easy. Couldn't really fault the process. Just select the holiday with all the inclusions and whammy apply and the approved within an hour and then the whole holiday is paid and nothing more to worry about except pack.

So Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

I applied online in a matter of minutes and I got an approval immediately. I spoke to a customer service operator who helped me set up my on-line access who was very friendly and helpful. Couldn't ask for better service!!

• 2 answers

Verified Purchase

They were great until we wanted to pay it out and close the account!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

We got the card for a holiday last year, and up to this point, they have been easy to deal with (reason for 2 stars and not the one). A couple of weeks ago, I rang for a payout figure and gave them the date a few days in advance... we then issued a bank cheque to them by the date given, for the amount given. I was advised that I could not close the account until the payment was received. I rang back a week or so later (on 2nd June) to close the account, and was told it would take 7-10 days to clear a BANK CHEQUE!! which would take it to 06. 06.17 before I could close it - I asked if the account would continue to incur interest while they waited for cleared funds to clear - and yes it would.... so I then asked if I could get a payout figure as at 6th June so I could make an additional pmt immediately, so that on the 6th June I could ring and close it... no, they couldn't do that as there was uncleared funds pending... how ridiculous is that!!! So I rang again today, and got ANOTHER payout figure (another $22.18) which I have just paid, I still have to ring back YET AGAIN to close the account.
Even Citibank is easier to deal with than this!! NEVER... EVER... again...

Scottsdale

Affordable holiday

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

9 months interest free makes for an affordable holiday. Will have it played off before I go. Called to find out some details and the gentleman was very friendly and helpful.

Great Product with Great Terms

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

Great way to have your dream holiday. Interest free terms are great for further purchases whilst on holidays. Good choice of outlets.

Came in handy but it was a process

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2017

I got approved quick and signed the contract only to find that Rhodes didn't have what I needed so Inhad to cancel and re-sign. The contract should be done across all IKEA stores and the item should be searched before contract is signed and the customer had wasted there time. Other then that, it came in very handy and please with the service overall. Would definitely recommend and use again.

Great, quick & easy service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

They were quick and made it easy for me to apply and be approved also if there was the slightest bit of uncertainty they would contact me right away to fix the issue making the service so great 10/10.

1 of 33 pages