Verified Purchase

Smells like mould

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I love how the steam pod makes my hair feel but am i the only one whos steam pod now smells really bad? Like the steam smells of mould i'm not really sure how to fix this problem its put me off useing it

excellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

I've have had my steam pod for a few years now and wouldn't go back to using the non steam irons. I don't have any problems with damaged hair, my hair is thick and in good condition. still get split ends but no where as much as I did with normal irons.

Ireland

Can't live without it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2016

I used every different type of straigner and none of them seemed to keep my hair straight, as soon as I went outside it went fuzzy again, as soon as I got my steam pod my hair has been smooth silky and shiny and stays so straight I don't have to touch it for the day! It has even gave me more convidence. Well worth the money amazing product

Launceston

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Salon look but is intensely damaging over time

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

This will make you look like you walked out of the salon it is sleek and smooth does hold but be warned of a few things and for me these were deal breakers.

No good for daily use
Comb your hair root to tip with a fine tooth comb if you don't it will snag, and burn and snap at the knot. I have healthy hair no chemical damage but it does singe the hair after a week or two I found little white tips at ends of hair closer inspection is snapping and singed ends splits.

In my opinion this is a brilliant straightener but in saying this the damage it causes is one of the worst I ever had if you used for just special occasions then it would be amazing daily use no no no no no way!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Gold Coast

• 4 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Straightens and smooths better than my GHD

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2016

Purchased this product years ago after my hairdresser got it and raved about it. I have since purchased the newer model Dec 2015 for my daughter, who has super curly hair and she no longer leaves mine in her bathroom all the time. The new version is slimmer and sleeker than the original and much easier to hold and manoeuvre than the more cumbersome original ( but worth it). The products you use work better as they are steamed , so be careful to used less than usual .

Lost with out it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2016

Had my steam pod for a few years, absolutely love it use it nearly every day .
I also love using it on people who have porous bleached hair turn temp down but it puts the moisture back and makes it feel great.

Private message

I love my steampod, couldn't live with out it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2015

So much so that when I had to have mine repaired as water pump broke I had to wait 7!weeks to have part replaced! Extremely disappointed with loreal over that, countless emails with them over that with no results. Apart from that would still recommend steampod to anyone looking to get one. looking to buy one for my daughter, have seen one online that is white,looks amazing but is this the real deal or a fake can't tell by going on loreal website

Melbourne

Private message

Loved it but it is now leaking - not happy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2015

I have been using this to straighten and have loved it as it controls my thick curly hair and leaves it really shiny & sleek.
It is now leaking and I'm scared of using it. Where do I get it repaired?

Loved it to annoyed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

I also loved it, however after approx a year the steam stopped and now the water reservoir leaks like a sieve and it's dangerous having leaking water and electricity together !

Toronto

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Great results when it is working properly!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2015

Hi. I bought the L'Oréal steampod last year. It worked great. My hair was silky and smooth and had a lot of body. I recommended it to so many people and after they saw how great my hair looked went and bought the steampod. It worked beautifully.
After having it for 1 year however, the steam part of the steampod has stopped working. So now it is operating like just a flat iron. I paid so much money for this item that I expected it to last for years like other flat irons do. Unfortunately, this is not so. So I no longer feel confident recommending this product to my friends or co-workers as it is a big investment for a 1 year benefit.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

not what I expected :-(

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2015

I got limited edition of steam pod. Design is pretty... But that's it. I had pod almost three month and really damaged my hair.Every time I use strips my hair dye and dries my hair out badly even I am using cream and hair oils. Previously had Rimington straighteners and never complaint. I am selling it!!never been disappointed so much. Read other reviews and can't believe how girls getting nice and nourished hair while mine experience opposite :-(

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 3 pages

Is tap water good for the steampod?

Cas asked on Jun 10, 2017

Answer this

No 1000% NO! The reason for this is the minerals and other elements that go into the tap water. It combined with the way the straightener works is not good for either the straightener or Hair. Distilled Or bottled water is best and will give you the best results!

Hello! I have the professional steampod. Somehow, all the tiny balls of the water filter moved to the upper tank (the one we put the water in). What shall I do??? Can I throw them away and use it without water filter???

Kallia asked on Jun 03, 2017

Answer this

You can purchase new filters from the website and they are quite cheap.

steam pod leaking water can it get fixed?

kaz asked on May 14, 2017

Answer this

Hi I would recommend contacting the manufacturer details in manual or on box generally it's best to talk with then who may need you to send in for repair or have a recommended repairer! If it's leaking stop using immediately as this is attached to an electrical item you risk serious harm if water and electricity come in contact

Hope this helps

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards

Kaz

See all 18 questions about L'Oreal STEAMPOD (Retail Version)

Product Details