Epping

• 6 comments

Poor quality!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

Very disappointed! I purchased exercise leggings from the epping plaza store in Epping vic. for my daughter ,with your logo written on one leg they were only washed a couple of times, and the writting is aleady pealing off! For the amount of money i paid for them really shouldn't happen! I was better off buying kmart ones that actually last longer. Lost me as a customer!! Joan.

Verified Purchase

Full Length isn't long enough for taller people

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

I'm sad that over the past few years Lorna Jane is reducing the length of their full-length tights.
I'm a 6ft loyal customer who has been looking elsewhere for her full length tights as Lorna Jane has penny pinched a little too much off theirs:-(

Logan Village

• 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Lorna Jane - Carelessness by the Carindale Store Staff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I visited the Carindale QLD Lorna Jane Store to purchase a 3 piece matching sports outfit for my daughter for Xmas 2016, we visited the store late December 2016. As the store is orientated for a female clientele I had certainty that the lady who served me/us would of known the required questions to ask a younger girl who was getting her very first sports type clothes set fitted.

Initially the process seemed good and we left with the outfit, however afterwards and when the set was tried on again at Xmas it was too tight, shortly after in the
month of January 2017 it was tried on and subsequently put to the side as it was simply too tight and uncomfortable to be worn.

Initially Lorna Jane said she must have grown over Xmas, what an insulting comment to receive back from them as the reason for the tight fit.

Get this, After I raised the issue to Lorna Jane (I simply requested all garments to be swapped to a bigger size) the head office basically took the view that "they understood the situation" and that my daughter, Quote "may not yet of found her own voice yet to say they were to tight of a fit the day of trying them on" (What nonsense)

My Daughter did say they were too tight to the staff member and it was ignored and the reply was "they will stretch" was all that was provided as a remedy and any one would expect being in a store that comment they will stretch could be the actual fact as they sell the items daily and should know their products.

However realistically looking back now it was the lady that wanted the sale and to move on due to the fact extra customer service may of simply just been too hard.

Word of warning, if you buy from this store (I suggest go to Rock-wear instead) make sure if they offer a free gift like a stupid diary that you give it back, what they do is add it to the receipt at full price and credit it back to apply a promotional item. Then when you go to discuss issues they say the diary has to be paid for or deducted from the purchase and it is used as leverage.

I had already committed to buy the items and then the lady stuffed a "Free Diary" into the bag (her words) Of which we did not even want as people enter schedules into smart phones these days not paper diary's that don't sell at shops. How convenient after the fact when the $39 is put in your face later as a cost to the sale during their promotion. What a joke.

Lorna Jane, you simply have a low life attitude to the most simplest request and you need to take ownership of what stories your staff are saying to cover their butts. my reasonable request to swap over the wrongly fitted clothes and the result of this negative feedback I hope reduces potential buyers interests in your products.

Also if you have been burnt by a store take up the matter with OFT as any representation from a staff member that results in an issue with the product entitles the buyer to a full refund. in our case we relied on the staff to provide correct fitment and it was not done.

The OFT process I will attend to next.

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

poor quality that compromises refund and exchange policy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I purchased a pair of tights from macquarie shopping center. I tried them on and they were a great fit, so i stuck my head out to ask if there was a shorts option available. Another customer pointed the assistant in my direction, so i asked. I was informed that it is too cold here for shorts and therefore i shouldn't ask such a silly question. The other customer was in shock, but then started giggling as i explained im going on a holiday in a fortnight and its going to be really hot there. I paid for the tights and went home. That evening i wan ted to show them off to my boyfriend. As a picked up the cardboard tag (i wanted to show him the name and price of the tights) the fabric label came off.... As it was after hours, i sent a message to Lorna Jane. I received a response the next morning stating that i must have done it... and because that tag is removed i am not allowed a refund or exchange... I really really hope the tights themselves don't fall apart but based on the other reviews i suspect they may only last a few months.
the paragraph before describes the last time i went into a Lorna Jane store. The time before that was over a year ago, as their customer service left a bad taste in my mouth. The second last time i was look for another gym wardrobe, as my previous set was now too big for me (yay to me for loosing weight). I went in at Lorna Jane at Erina, and grabbed some items in S and XS. I quickly concluded that S was too big for me and when the assistant came around to see how i was going i said i still had another few things to try on. Next was XS, and that was too big. The second time the assistant came around i asked i came out, showed her and my mum a top i was wearing and asked if they had a smaller size. The lady looked at the tag and informed me that they don't. She asked if what i was or wasn't going to take. I replied that i wouldn't be taking anything as i am too small for Lorna Jane (i personally was proud that i had lost enough weight) and the assistant response was "fatten yourself up again".... I couldn't believe it. Ive never walked into Lorna Jane at Erina since then.

Private message

NO Exchange and NO Returns! SCAM POLICY!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Faulty product

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Tried to return a red sports bra that ran into a white Lorna jane top while I was exercising at whitfords store WA. The manager was very rude and unprofessional. She tried to say it was my fault that it happened, asked me the date I bought it - I shop at Lorna Jane just about every week and said I can't remember the exact date and if she could please look it up on the system. She was so unhelpful and said I had to contact head office. Wow! Regardless of the thousands I spend at Lorna Jane, it was clearly a default in the product so really the lady should have been more helpful. This is the first time I've had an issue with a product and any employee. I'll be making sure Head Office hears of her incompetence.

Item not as described

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

I bought a winter down coat from Lorna Jane as the product was described to be thermal and I was also advised by the store person it would keep me warm for outdoor use which I said I wanted it for. I wore the jacket in the cold and I was freezing! had I known the jacket was not actually a warm and thermal coat there is no way I would have bought it, it was very expensive and doesn't do what it says it does! A refund for the product should be offered. I usually love Lorna Jane products but am extremely disappointed in this purchase.

Geelong

LORNA JANE GEELONG --- Ripped OFF

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

Lorna Jane --Geelong Store
I purchased a number of items in Feb, 2017. I spent over $150.00, so l received Lorna Janes $30 discount -all good so far!
I returned a pair of tights (from that purchase) -May 2017 as they were faulty. As they no longer had my size, I proceeded to try on some other tights for the same price. When the exchange was put through I was charged an additional $20 which was part of my original discount!!!
Really Lorna Jane????
YOUR product was FAULTY and l only wanted to EXCHANGE the item ... there was NO difference in the original cost!!!
NO MORE LORNA JANE FOR ME!!!

Melbourne

Terrible Service and Terrible Returns Policy

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Bought three things online that had some type of small discount on them. Used the size guide to ensure I got correct sizes. Placed the order but then the next morning a 30% off promo starts. I contact customer service asking for promo to be applied given I'd only just ordered, and all my sizes were still available, plus my order had not been despatched yet. Didn't hear back for days.

Meanwhile order arrives and there's a mark on the top - looks like makeup and there was a yellow price sticker on the tag so I assume it was tried on at a stor
e somewhere. Not only that, but the shorts I ordered were way too big! No where near do they sit within the size measurements on the website!

So all in all very disappointed with the order and then I finally hear back that no they won't apply the discount to my order...end of story! Wow, I'm so unimpressed and as mentioned to them, I'd never ordered from them before.

I then ask the question about just going to store for a refund only to discover online that because the items were discounted I can't get a refund only an exchange which is useless as their sizing runs too big for my tiny frame!

Never would I recommend Lorna Jane to anyone. They couldn't care less about the fact I missed out on $30+ dollars of extra discount - not one care factor to go 'Wow, we're so glad to have you as a new customer to Lorna Jane. We don't normally apply discounts on purchases outside the promo period but given you only missed out by a day and you contacted us during the promo period and we failed to get back to you before it ended we will gladly offer you the discount amount this one time. Thank you for shopping at Lorna Jane, we will process the credit now.' No instead they simply aggravate their new customer who will never shop with them again and tell all their friends to check out the reviews here before bothering with a company who doesn't care about its customers.

Cape Town

Never Shop Online!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

This company is full of problems. I order online and it should be in 8 working days, After 30 days nothing...no parcel? No money? When I contact them, they reply that delivery UPS company have a problem and I must contact them. Why must I contact the delivery company? I order from Lorna Jane not UPS, I need my order!

Armidale

Terrible Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Bought $110 tights from Lorna Jane and within one week a hole had begun to rip through the knee. Spoke to customer service and explained that nothing outside of regular exercise had caused these tights to rip. I was appalled that they deemed this as my own fault and refused to do anything about it other than reassure me that it was not their fault provide a 20% discount for another pair as "a gesture of good will". I have owned a number of much cheaper tights and never had such an issue so would not recommend spending the money.

Horrible environment..

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Brookeside staff are not inviting, i will never shop there again. Spent $210.00 today on mothers day!!
Not into helping but love your cash. Avoid like the plague. Sorry Lorna your shop sucks..
Put me off your items, that i have a wardrobe full. Lost me no more... Ebay is the way ladies atleast sellers are courteous. And 99% perfect!!

1 of 11 pages

I spent over $350 to get the promotion of 3/4 tights with Lorna Jane online (with $160 to get them through NZ customs). I entered the code for the promotion, selected my size and paid for the order. My order arrived and the free tights for spending over $350 were not in there but a random 9% discount for no apparent reason has been applied to each item on my order to take it 95c under the $350 cost for the free tights and instead of paying over $350 like I thought I've paid $349.05 and got no free tights? I've never shopped at Lorna Jane before and been given a discount without a sale being on for just being a good customer and I have spent thousands with Lorna Jane. The order was definitely over $350 when I brought the stuff and adds up to just over $380 when you look at the items online. So what's going on? I know I selected the code, the colour and the size but suddenly I've been given a discount to take me 95c under getting the free promotion?

Teresah asked on Mar 16, 2017

There are many women over 50 who do not want to look ridiculous in tights but exercise regularly. Why do you not cater for us? We need comfortable, fitting track pants. Not baggy and ridiculous, but modern and flattering!

claire asked on Feb 24, 2017

Hi guys, this is the 2nd time this has happened to me with 2 different items and now it's frustrating. Just before XMAS I purchased the Fluro pink and yellow sports bra from the Springfield Lakes (QLD) store. I spent around $300 on that particular day. I washed it before I wore it as I do with every new piece of clothing and when I sweat the pink runs and when I wash it the pink runs and I use a cold wash. When you pay $60 for a sports bra you dont expect this to happen. I don't have my receipt obviously because of the time frame nor did I actually keep it because I expect LJ appreal to be of high quality. Could you please advise what your policy is? Thanks Sarah

Sharpie asked on Feb 09, 2015

Answer this

Hi Sarah,
I am sorry to hear that your sports bra is having issues with the colour running. We would be happy to offer you a product assessment which we can either do in store or at Head Office. The address details for Head Office are as follows:
Lorna Jane Product Assessment
PO Box 1105
Eagle Farm, Qld, 4009.
We do require proof of purchase along with the item however if you no longer have the receipt we can find this by using other information. For example, the store you purchased it at and the date. If the transaction was attached to your name at the time of purchase that is a very easy way for us to find your details. If you would prefer to give those details privately you are welcome to contact us via email: customerservice@lornajane.com.au or by phoning 13 89 90.
I look foward to hearing from you soon.
Kind Regards,