disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2016

I agree with this I have been giving my dogs the original bonios for at least 20 years they were very good now since you have changed them I am having huge health problems with my dog because of the high level of wholegrain cereals it has caused his ph level in his urine to go skyhigh not only this but he has developed a very nasty skin allergy because of this why on earth would you change a product so dramatically you should have done your research I have taken my dog off them and I feel so sorry for him because he loved the original ones and always had 2 a day

Adelaide South Australia

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Why did you change the recipe ??? BIGGER Profit ??

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

I have been purchasing this product for 15 Years

They have changed the recipe - its RUBBISH now my girls won't touch them.

Labrador rejected new bone biscuits!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2016

Our Labrador ditched the new smaller expensive bone biscuits, for a Labrador that's saying something! Found a better product fortunately.

Kilkivan

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2016

I am disappointed in the down sizing of the Lucky Dog bones from box to packet. Not only has the price been going up steadily over time but now with the changeover to different packaging the amount of bones has gone down by 20%. I have been buying this product for many years but now am trying different home cooked alternatives which has provided me with both an interesting challenge and the knowledge that I know exactly what is in my "treats".

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 helpful vote

New packaging.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

I have to agree this new packaging is just a ploy to get us to pay more for less. The biscuits are much smaller and the they have obviously changed the recipe.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

New packaging

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

I agree with both NOT HAPPY JAN and CHRIS T the new packaging is so deceitful in price and product, the biscuits are much smaller and the texture is different, and the prices is just about the same, the size from 1 kg to 800 g and they think we would not notice, i have been buying these biscuits for years now, but after this i will not be buying them again, its nothing but thievery, when will these companies realise consumers don't like to be ripped off.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Sydney

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes

New packaging is deceitful

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2016

In November 2015 I was paying 4.50 a kilo, by December it had gone up 17% to 5.30 a kilo - ok, I accept I had been paying 4.50 for a long while and prices do eventually go up. But in Feb 2016, the packaging changed, along with the price, so now paying 4.99 for 800 gms, which equates to 6.23 a kilo and a 38% increase over 5 months, plus now the package can't be recycled, and the smell and texture is different. Typical behavior from Nestle - they ruined a great product. Just another product I will now buy elsewhere, probably online. And the big brands, suppliers and retailers wonder why they lose business? The consumer is smarter than big business thinks.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

Repackaged

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

These bones have been repackaged and the net weight has decreased from 1kg to 800gm. Also they used to be in a box that could be recycled, the packet cannot. Have been buying them for years will not buy them again.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

A must have treat for your doggies

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2015

My dog loves it so much. I got him the minis pack with beef and bacon flavours just to see if he likes it. We finished the box within two weeks. We got him the 1kg box treat (original flavour) and he still is crazy about the biscuits. Its definitely a great way to treat your doggies. I'm not sure if the smaller breeds would like it especially if they are picky about texture and flavour. We have a staffy and he eats everything. Definitely worth buying.

• 2 questions
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

My dogs love them.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2011

My furkids love these bones and one will swallow it whole and wait for another and would happily eat the whole box. They reasonably priced and you can usually buy them from most supermarkets. Another family member who has a smaller dog finds they are hard to break up into pieces but he loves them too so will happily do it for him. Cardboard packaging is great as don't have to store them in another container although they don't last long enough in our household to go really off and it can be recycled which I think is another bonus. I even find the furkids sneaking into the pantry and have busted them stealing them!!

+ Reasonably priced. Cardboard packaging is great.

- My dogs can't get enough of them.

• 5 answers
  • 115 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2010

My dog loves these biscuits and I think they are a great treat for during the day. The one kilo box is great value and lasts a long time.

+ This is an affordable biscuit and my dog goes crazy for them! Even they are packaged in a cardboard box, you do not need to store them in air tight containers because the biscuits are already dry and won't go stale.

- Often when I purchase them, the bones have broken up inside the packaging. I don't know whether it is the supermarkets mishandling them when they're being moved around but it is annoying to not be able to give my dog a whole bone!

• 76 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2010

My dogs love these bone shaped biscuits almost swallowing them whole in the excitment (my dogs are very large). I also work in animal welfare and have found that the majority of dogs love these treats however some of the smaller fussier dogs tend to not even want to try them. The large box is great for people with a large number of dogs as it goes a long way and is not expensive. This is a good quality product.

+ My dogs love these bones. Inexpensive. Available at most supermarkets. One kilo box, lasts for ages.

- Some fussier small breed dogs tend not to like them.

1 of 2 pages

These are no longer available in Coles or my local Woolies. Have they gone out of production? Not a great product but an easy treat which my Cavies expect when I leave the house.

Gogie asked on Oct 28, 2016

Answer this

I only shop at IGA and they stock it but the packaging bears no resemblance to the box they originally came in. They now come in a much smaller bag with a zip lock top and are easily missed onthe shelves.

where can i buy the lucky dog adult biscuits, the last ones we bought are not the same recipe, and my dog will not eat them? cant find these in the supermarket anymore, only the newer packaging with small biscuits, they are crap!

franca asked on Jul 26, 2016

Answer this

you cannot buy the old recipe biscuits anywhere - nestle, which own the brand, have changed the recipe. You will have to find a different biscuit from a different brand. Just a personal recommendation, but you could try this product which is available in most supermarkets that stocked the lucky dog biscuits - "natures gift , just natural, brownie crunch" - good value, and my fussy dogs love them, (probably more than they like the original lucky dog biscuits) - look for a green bag. I tried some biscuits from online pet food wholesalers, but they were similar to the new lucky dog biscuits and did not appeal to the dogs as much as the natures gift branded biscuits, hope this helps.

thanks jan, I will try natures gift, just natural brownie crunch!

Product Details