Range: Classic

Absolutely swooning over this carrier!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I had used a few carriers in the past and found that once my son hit the 7kg mark, everytime I used these carriers my back at the end of the day would just be in so much pain.
My son loved being carried and I really thought that my baby wearing days were over.
Unfortunately my son got really unwell at the 15 month mark (10.5kg) and I was desperate to find something that would be able to carry him close so that I could still go about my business around the house. I bought a Manduca thinking that it wasnt going to do the job but was willing to give it a go and boy did it surprise me!
Not only do I not have ANY back issues carrying my 15 month son around, he absolutely loves it! I can't recommend this enough.

• 1 review

Love it

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I love my Manduca. I've had it through three children (each from birth) and it's still going strong. Have used both front and back carry mode, including back carrying my 2 year old while 9 months pregnant. STILL comfortable, even then. When I broke my clip (closed it in a door) manduca replaced straight away for me. Love that it's got a newborn insert built in. I recommend manducas to all my friends.

PENSHURST

• 1 answer

Range: Blackline

Best Carrier in the market!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

I bought Manduca back 6 months ago and very glad with it since then!!!
Every time I put my Bub in the carrier she always sleeping for long period not just that...when she is teething and lil bit off...I always put her in the carrier and without taking so long she always settled and sleeping!!!

My baby is really happy to carried in front position facing inward also back carry...
Manduca maybe is not the prettiest look carrier in the market but it's really comfort and strong build...very happy mummy here!!!!

SYDNEY

• 6 helpful votes

Best Carrier I Tried

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Of all the carriers I tried, and I tried three other well-known brands, the Manduca won hands down. It's made of natural fibres, easy to put on and adjust, has an integrated newborn insert and has the option of unzipping at the front to allow for baby's growth. Best ever.

Melbourne

Best carrier around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Love our Manduca: it's easy to put on, carries securely, great for the wearer's back and the child's hips. Used ours for both kids. It's also easy to clean. I know that it puts people off that the child always faces inwards but it hasn't affected our children liking it. As soon as they're in, they tend to fall asleep anyway. Highly recommend it.

• 3 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

From newborn to toddler

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

This was my entry carrier to babywearing. I first used it when my son was about 2 months old on a day out using train and ferry. It made it easier to get around as he was kept close and I didn't have to navigate a pram through the crowds.

He is now three and gets tired legs. I can still pull out the Manduca and carry him.

I like the Manduca because of the built in insert, crossable straps, dual strap adjustability, zipper in panel to lengthen or shorten. I don't like how it has faded.

I always recommend this carrier for people wanting a buckle carrier.

Epping

• 8 answers

Fantastic buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

I bought this carrier when my baby was 3 months old because it was annoying carrying her whilst food shopping.
The first few times it was tricky to get everything in the right place and get the buckles done up but after a bit of practice it was easy to get bub in and strapped securely.
The one I have has an extra newborn slip to ensure baby is secure and puts baby's hips in the M position which is said to be the best for newborns.
Lots of different ways to strap bub in so baby can sleep on your chest, you can breastfeed bub, and turn baby around when head control is established.

Purchased at: eBay

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Great product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

My new born feels comfortable when using this & easy to use. Feels safe when baby inside & not uncomfortable for mu back. Not bulky. Easy to clean & carry. This can be expensive for buy second hand it's good quality product for longer use. Highly recommended!!! Can use for front & rear. Becareful when buying as there are many fakes out there in online market.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Manduca Official

Thanks for the great review Latte, and for pointing out the dangers of fake manducas. Other customers - these are particularly an issue on eBay. Please check the stockist you buy from is authorised... read more »

Range: Classic

Couldn't live without my beloved Manduca

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I've had my Manduca since my first son was born and couldn't have done babies without it! I chose it over other carriers because my son was premature and quite small and it didn't require any extra newborn inserts. It was also endorsed by the Australian Breastfeeding Association, who I trust. It is also very reasonably priced considering its the best carrier around. Both my sons would always fall asleep in it and I found it super comfortable to use because of the extra adjustable straps that other carriers don't have. It was a lifesaver when travelling to the UK and then as he got bigger we used it on hikes, where I did the back carry. When my second son came along, he would not sleep in the cot at all, so he spent most of his days in the Manduca, sleeping close to me, I'm not sure how I would have coped without being able to run after my toddler with my youngest in the Manduca. He's nearly one now and loves being carried around on my back in it. It's the baby carrier I tell all my friends to buy.

One of my best baby buys. An essential!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2017

The Manduca is such a comfortable and versitile carrier. It was the only place my baby would sleep when she was 4 months so I could get on with my chores. It is much more comfortable than carriers i have used previously especially when i was fitted by an experienced person. I am still using mine more than 1 y down the track. A must buy for any new mum

My lifesaver

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

Love this carrier!! It has helped me through so many sleepless nights :) great in summer and winter carrier, so breathable and comfortable. If you want a carrier that covers from pretty much newborn up without having to buy another carrier, this is the carrier to buy! Worth every cent

1 of 6 pages

Hi. My daughter has downsyndrom and her joint is hyper mobile. Do you still recommend this carrier for my daughter?

jane asked on Jul 20, 2016

Answer this

I would check with a physiotherapist.

I'm looking a carrier for my 15kg preschooler. Currently carry my 2nd (9-month-old) with a sling. Was not able to carry 1st daughter by bare hand, will Manduca support her weight? My hipseat carrier make me feel like being crushed on the waist. Can Manduca distribute weight evenly to shoulder and waist?

jacque asked on Mar 15, 2016

Hi there,
I'm not sure what the official maximum weight for the manduca is, you could check their website, but I'm sure you would find it would work :) my 14 month old is just over 10kg and it's still very comfortable for me to carry her. I rarely have to adjust it, I just put her on my front or back and off I go. I plan to carry her for a long time :)
I hope that helps

my son is about 13kg, i feel comfortable. as he gets heavier though i will be crossing the straps accross my back when i wear him on the front. I feel i will be able to carry him in it for a while to come, the thick and wide waist band is very supportive for me.

goes to 20 kgs i have a 15 kg 21 month old in and he loves it and is supported so well ... there is also the manduca Xtend addition to create even more support for older ones (we dont even need that yet) :-)

I am a bigger lady. Are any big ladies using this comfortably? How long is the waist strap?

Brooke asked on Apr 30, 2014

Answer this

The hip belt has a maximum 140 cm diameter. And a minimum (for smaller ladies) 64 cm.

You can also buy a waist belt extender which makes it fit all sizes :)

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

Classic Pure Cotton Blackline Limited Edition Sling Wrap
Price (RRP) $189.95 $219.95 $219.95 $229.95 $109.95

The main difference between these ranges is design and materials