Filter By:

Very happy with the service so far. Professional & friendly communication &

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2017

NBN set-up process was quick. Reliable connection so far (only been connected for 24 hours) & customer service was 5 star

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Carol,

Thanks for your feedback!

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Every home needs an Aussie Frank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

FINALLY! A real live Aussie! I was beginning to doubt we had any Australian Customer Service/Support phone reps.

From the very moment I first heard Franks voice I knew “Mate Communicate" would be the company I’d be signing with for my ADSL2+ connection.

Frank had no issues what so ever with answering every single question I threw at him, and I had a lot! He was upfront and very honest which is rare in Customer Service these days.

Looking forward to New Internet connections with Mate Communicate!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Bianca,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! We will be sure to pass onto Frank as well.

Great to have Mate! Don't regret dropping Telstra

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

We had NBN installed with Mate Communicate. They came to the house and had us up and running within 1.5 weeks. They arrived on time and had everything installed super quickly. So far connection has been very stable and excellent speeds. We went from 7mbps on adsl2 with Telstra to 80mbps with NBN.

Condon

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great customer service and good knowledge of their product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

NBN speed 2
Set up 3-5min
Customer service 10/10, called back after their operating hours but were happy to accomodate.

• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Was happy till I moved and paying two bills

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I was very happy with the service until I moved and got a new account set up at the new house I also cancelled my old account at the same time and was told it was all sorted however I received a bill stating I'd be charged for my old account (this was two months after I originally cancelled it and paid my final bill). I then messaged and called the person that sorted my new account before being told it was a mistake and it has been waived yet I just had the money taken from my account today. Wouldn't recommend now! I'm genuinely considering just cancelling it all and going to a new company. It's beyond a joke now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mitch, We sincerely apologise for this issue. We can see that your old account was incorrectly charged $89.00 today - we have arranged to have this refunded ASAP and the money will be returned ... read more »

Thank you very much for a rapid reply and solution. I guess this is why you have such a high rating of satisfaction. I must say I'm satisfied and would recommend you to friends and family. Hoping to hear back soon, thanks!

Hi Mitch,

Not a problem at all, that's what we are here for.

Melbourne

Great communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

Great communication and prompt service. Switching Mate broadband to new address because always happy with there service.
Very happy and Mates DLink modem has excellent range..
Best regards Andrew

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your great feedback!

Lancefiled

• 2 answers
Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

So simple

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Ok ... several hours into FTTN NBN
Saw a guy at the node this morning. Lost the internet for less than an hour for the changeover. Got a sms saying it was done. Reconfigured my modem as instructed, rebooted my PC and I was on the NBN. 50/20 is delivering about 30/18 which is what I expected/hoped based on copper from the node. Better than 10/1 on ADSL.
Will review again when I have used it more but so far I'm happy. Too early to give 5 stars
So simple

Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Excellent product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Switched over to NBN on Mate after years of slow dialup. Upgrade occurred exactly when they said it would and worked perfectly first go (using the modem purchased from Mate). For the same price I was paying for 8Mb/sec I'm now getting 45Mb/s. Very happy with the service and with the new NBN connection - no more fighting with the kids over using all of the bandwidth :-)

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi OzRobbo,

Thanks for your great feedback!

Parramatta

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Excellent at take your payment and that is as far as it goes.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Speed is slower than the old dial up, tried calling Mate but could never get through. I want my money back and change to another provider. Your not my MATE for sure.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

After I left a nasty message they finally called, but this is there solution. For me to get a private technician at my expense to look at the situation and see if it is internal or external and t... read more »

MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ton, We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy. Call back times are usually under one hour. We return ALL calls that are made within operating hours as long as a message is left. In reg... read more »

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Even when NBN Co couldn't find our dwelling they persisted and contacted us (not the other way around) on how their progress was going. If there are service problems they sensibly send you a text, rather than expecting you to find outage info online while your NBN is down. A well put together service package with competitive rates. Have recommended to others, and will continue to do so as long as they remain this committed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Hart2Hart,

Thanks for your great review!

Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

An amazing company all round!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

I was requiring an NBN broadband connection in Brisbane South side as our "100mbps" connection from Belong was running at a 5.5mbps at peak times. I called up asked what the best way to go about it was and they stepped me through the whole process. Additionally, they told me it would take 3 days for a tech to connect the port, in actula fact it took about 6 hours. Tested both connections side by side at the same time at peak hour 5:30PM for us and the difference is 7.6Mbpps in comparison to mate who is showing - 91mbps! Super impressed by their support, transparency and billing. Will recommend to every person who asks about NBN! Thank you!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your great review!

1 of 15 pages

Hi, looking at using mate. as my provider, can you tell me the average speed you provide for the 6026 area (Kingsley exchange ).

clive asked on Mar 27, 2017

Answer this

Hi Clive. Can't tell you about your postcode but I can tell you that I'm paying for 50/20 and getting 30/18 in Country Victoria. As I'm connected FTTN, it's pretty much what I expected/hoped for because once you factor in delivery via the old copper the speed drops away quite quickly. So depends what's being delivered in your area. I went with Mate because of "no contract" and BYO modem. Setup was painless. If you go with "no contract" you can afford to experiment a little.

Thanks John

What's the outgoing mail server setting?

adelec23 asked on Mar 26, 2017

Answer this

I can't help with this as I use Gmail. Haven't bothered setting up a mail account with an ISP for a decade :-). Best to email them.

Hi adelec23,

Our outgoing mail server is smtp.m2ws.oss-core.net

im using yesoptus now. and we have 8 devices here 6 androids and 2 p.c. when we uses all together the internet is as low as a turtle..buffers a lot. will you recommend mate to solve this problem?

leo pastor asked on Mar 24, 2017

Answer this

Absolutely not, mate does not have any technical support so pay a little bit more and go with main stream service provider like Telstra. The old saying you get what you pay for. Nothing is cheap and good. In my case it's cheap and nasty.
I hope that helps.

Depending on the connection type, I have been on ADSL 2+ with Telstra and experience a lot of those issues when multiple devices are being used at once and the same on standard ADSL with Mate.

To keep it short, you will experience those issues with any provider if you are on an ADSL connection, even cable. And when it comes to NBN the majority of providers are on par with each other, you'd only go with Telstra for the priority that nbnco gives them for speed and first served for maintenance.

And I'm not sure what Ton is on about because I've been in contact with Mate many times and they've been extremely helpful in trying to solve my problems.

Hi Leo,

Please email your full address to support@letsbemates.com.au so we can help you out.

See all 25 questions about MATE Communicate