Filter By:

• 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

So far, so good.. delighted to have decent speeds at peak time!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

One happy customer! Sign up was easy and was connected within 1 day; bravo MATE and good comms via sms! Had to phone as I had a question and call answered within 30 seconds; wow! I have run speed tests each night during peak times and so far averaging 20Mbps, compared to ex Optus NBN of 1-3Mpbs, in my area for the 25Mbps plan. It has made a massive difference with our home network and multiple connected devices. Their online member portal is rather simple and plain, but whatever. I would recommend MATE to others; wish I had done it sooner.. and hope the speeds continue to impress. Cheers!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Marty1973,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you have had a great experience.

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Love Mate communicate

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Fast connection, easy to deal with. The only reason I didnt give 5 stars is we get a few connection drops out during congestion times. However, mate will always send us an sms to notify us of any issues in the area which I love! Really great company to deal with with no crap.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Emile29,

Thanks for your great review! Even though things can go wrong with the network, we aim to keep our customers informed as much as possible.

Thanks for the feedback.

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Sooo happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I have signed up with Mate Communicate and ordered NBN + modem. It arrived and it was hooked up in maybe 3 or 4 days. Super fast, super easy. The entire process was so painful that I was completely shocked.
Website is user friendly, it is simple and easy to navigate & the only question I had for customer service was answered quickly and efficiently. The internet speed is great and I've never had any problems with the connection. I am constantly recommending Mate Communicate to my family and friends. One happy customer :)

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi trozbus,

Happy to hear you had a great experience.

Thanks again for the positive review.

Cheers
MATE Team

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Garbage Service: Unreliable and Congested

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Every since signing up with MATE Communicate 2 months ago, I haven't had a stable connection, constant drop outs, congestion at peak hours, VOIP service barely working half the time. As I'm trying to upload this review it's still struggling.

Also the support people seem to not understand the English language, even though they're Australian Support. Ask for something and it never happens till I have to call them up again later on.

During sign up, asked for VOIP service, never received it once I got connected, not even a temporary number li
ke they said they would provide. Had to wait another MONTH for them to port the thing over, so I had to pay my previous provider to stay connected. Asked for 100/40Mpbs, they connect me to 25/5 Mpbs.

Had to return a modem, because it was faulty.

Heavy congestion during peak hour, down to 1Mpbs on 100/40 speeds, asked them if there was going to be any upgrades to the CVC capacity (even though when you guys sold me the service you said you upgraded based regularly) they told me "it is what it is". TBH I would be able to bear the congestion if it wasn't for the constant drop outs during peak hours or on weekends. Forget using the internet during public holidays, unless you enjoy rebooting the modem every 20 minutes. Don't bother signing up with them if you're an online gamer.

VOIP barely works, parents need it for calling relatives and friends. Have to call MATE up every freaking week because it just stop working for no reason.

Honestly, don't trust these reviews. Wouldn't be surprised if they got their "Mates" to put up fake reviews. Go with someone who's more reliable like Aussie Broadband or Skymesh. At least they have a more stable service with less congestion.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Grizreg, We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with your MATE experience. Please provide your account number so we can look into the issues you have raised and clarify. In regar... read more »

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Only 22 days to Connect! So amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

After 2 months of hoping to connect with Dodo, I was feeling disappointed after I moved into our new place of having no internet.

I called a bunch of other ISP's but Mates Communicate were the only Aussies who followed up with my call. I felt I was just talking to another mate.

I love their down to earth nature, and the best thing about them is they have no contact. My modem I bought with them was easy. It was just plugged and play.

Thank you so much for making my experience amazing!!

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi jeffrufino,

Thanks for your great review MATE! Glad to hear you are satisfied with your experience!

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

5 Star for Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Last Friday I rang up Mate Communicate and got to speak with Frank from the sales team. The kind of service he provided was just awesome... more than excellent. One of the best representatives I have ever spoken over the phone.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Mappyin,

Thanks for your great feedback!

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Very smooth set up and great communication

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

I chose Mate Communicate having moved to an NBN area. I nearly went with my previous provider because of my better-the-devil-you-know attitude, and was actually at the point of signing up when I asked some more detailed questions about the landline (that I don't even need) and realised, at this late point in the process, that I hadn't been given full information about charges. So, back to the drawing board and decided to try Mate Communicate because they had lots of good reviews and no contract. I have not been disappointed. I always get a call back within the hour - great not to be left in a queue.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi CLH,

Thanks for your great review! Glad to hear you are happy with your experience!

Castlemaine

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Excellent Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

I have been on the NBN for more then three years with another ISP who were terrific until I needed them - over two weeks to fix a fault which was quite obviously a piece of equipment needing replacement. I dumped them of course after waiting eighteen hours for a call-back and days for emails.
Mate had me back online within two days of first contact and a modem I wanted was here in three including a weekend.
A bit of variation in speeds but average is good enough to keep the wife, me and a teenager happy enough

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Glehar,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Cheap, connection good but customer service frustrating

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

Customer service was frustrating as I had to keep chasing up an account issue and I never received reference numbers or emails for record keeping, despite many requests. So, as you'd imagine, it was hard to chase up an issue as I had to explain the issue every time I called. And when I would inform them that I had already called about this issue, they would just claim ignorance and start over. Getting connection hooked up was very quick though.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Kapital, We are sorry to hear you are unhappy. It seems strange that you do not have a reference number as everytime we send an email or you reply to an email a support ticket number is ge... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

After initially going with Telstra (big mistake) and waiting over 4 weeks for them to deliver a modem and get internet sorted in my new apartment, I had lost all hope. Cancelled the order after speaking to 5 of their representatives who all gave me different excuses. Then that same day I called the MATE team. They were so helpful and understanding, and got me set up almost instantaneously. Modem got delivered 2 DAYS later compared to Telstra's 4 weeks. Amazing service guys, thank you so much! Internet speeds are phenomenal so far.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Danielle,

Thanks for the positive review :-)

Cheers

Slow Speeds After 2 Months

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2017

After multiple emails, multiple phone calls I give up on Mate communicate.

I have 25/100 the first two months were great VERY fast speeds I run a Multimedia business fast speeds is very handy speed test 70 - 90mbs but now it averages around 15 - 25mbs during peak hour this is not what was promised. They looked into my account and told me my DLINK modem was dropping out 8 times a day and to replace it that would fix the issue so I went out and purchased a NETGEAR modem this did no solve the issue.

I do not recommend.

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Matt, We are sorry to hear you are unsatisfied with your NBN connection. Unfortunately NBN Co. does not guarantee speeds beyond 25Mbps/5Mbps on a FTTN/FTTB connection due to limitations wi... read more »

MARYBOROUGH

Quick and Easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Joined Friday last week connected today. Communication was great emails and SMS’s all the way through the process. My modem arrived in 2 days. Keep up the great work MATE.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback!

1 of 19 pages

Is someone in Scarborough using them? How happy are you with this provider? Thank you

Mirka asked on May 20, 2017

Hi, I have just moved in and bought ADSL net from letsbemates. They told me to wait until they activate my ADSL and that they will send me a message. 3 days ago I received message saying that my internet has been activated and I can start surfing. Everything is connected as it should be but it is not working since then I am trying to get in touch with them but without any result. They are not answering my emails and phonecalls. Don't know what to do next? Any help?

Filip asked on May 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Filip

When you call 1300 876 283 you need to press "2" for support.

If none of our support team answers then it goes straight to a voicemail.

You need to leave a clear msg with your name, contact number and account number.

Our support team will always aim to call you back within the hour (no customer of ours waits on hold).

Did you leave a voicemail? We always callback twice and if we do not get through we send you an sms to notify you that we called.

We endeavour to respond to emails within 24-48 business hours. Sometimes this is longer but we are working hard to exceed this timeframe.

If it's urgent we always recommend calling through and following the above steps.

Regards
MATE Team

Hi Mate, I just signed up with Mate this afternoon for the NBN 12/1 unlimited data plan but received a notification email with CIS information about #citymates ADSL + phone plan which is totally wrong. What do you think has gone wrong and how can you fix this?

Lance asked on May 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Lance

Not sure what happened here.

Please call us on 1300 876 283 and press "2" for support so we can resolve this for you.

If we do not answer straight away please leave a clear message and we will call you back.

Regards