• 2 comments

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Bad connection and poor support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Had nbn connected with mate with highest speed possible. The connection went smoothly but the internet was been up and down. I said to them I'm not happy. I sent then multiple emails saying I want to cancel and sent them an email saying I'm changing to another provider. All they kept doing was ask me to confirm whether I really want to cancel. I confirmed about four times. Then the next billing date came and they sent me another bill!! And the internet has been churned to another provider. Their support is really bad. If you call for support yo u can't speak to anyone. They always take your number and say we will call you back. Their support is worse than telstra. Be ware if you ever want to cancel your service. My partner was billed for 4-5 months even after sending them an email saying he wants to cancel!!! Their reason is he didn't confirm that he wants to cancel. How many times do you have to confirm to cancel service with mate? Obviously four times is not enough.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Dracon, Your service was cancelled as requested and your last bill was credited, so you did not get charged an extra month. In regards to your partners service, there was no official request t... read more »

There was an official request by email and phone call which you guys have no records of strangely enough. Email is on record. But all you guys have said was that is was not 'confirmed.' How many 'confirmations' do you need?

MATE Communicate Official

Hi Dracon, There was a phone call logged but never any emails. Our billing team reviewed this call and the service was cancelled from the date of the phone call that was logged in our system. ... read more »

Sydney

Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Happy customer, well done mate -

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2017

My experience from the begining has been a delight. Spoke to Frank at Mate and he was friendly and very helpful. He gave me good advice, was patient with me, honest and made me feel like a true mate. Communication with mate was simple, they kept sending emails and texts keeping me up to date with what was going on. The internet finally got connected and considering that I got the 50/20 NBN plan, I did a speed test and was getting 45/17 on wi-fi, which is more than I would have hoped for. I havnt tried it with an ethernet connection yet, but im sure ill get very close to the 50/20 speed.

Thanks Mate. You have done well.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Shadi,

Thanks for your feedback!

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible sign up process

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

I decided to go with mate because of the great rating reviews. But the sign up process is woeful. It is incredibly hard to talk to someone in person and although emails are replied it's very slow.

I've still not been connected and keep getting similar SMS and emails about my order being processed and I'd get an update in 3 days but nothing ever seems to actually happen.

They could provide a great service, but at this point I couldn't tell you!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Sam,

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy. We pride ourselves on communication and the turnaround time to activate connections.

Is your service now active?

sydney

• 14 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

No after hours support and unreliable service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Have only been connected to mate nbn for a week now and no internet connection already for the last day or so now! Logged a fault with mate only to be advised without checking anything that it was not their problem but possibly a NBN issue and needed to be looked at by NBN instead. Have checked with NBN myself and there's no known outage in my area. No further Comms from mate and I called back last night just after 7pm to be told there is no support available til next morning. I really needed my internet working and fixed to do important work but not to be. Thinking of switching ISP now...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Glenwooder, We believe you have spoken to our support team extensively about this issue. As advised, we do not own the NBN network. This is owned by NBN. Any issue on the network needs to ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premise)

The best plan I can find in Melbourne

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

* No setup cost, no $300 new development cost, BYO Modem, No contract.
* Friendly customer service from an Australian (His name is Frank).
* I can't ask for more.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Thanks Elijah!

Also their modem router is really cheap. The delivery is free and you can't buy it online for a cheaper price. Trust me, I've tried.

• 5 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Has so much potential, but lack of communication and call centre staff a major failing.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2017

I ended up cancelling my order before it was connected.
First, I was told I did not need to be home for my NBN connection. Then I was told, actually, yes you do. So I rescheduled the appointment. The tech still turned up to the first (cancelled) appointment slot, of course I wasn't home.
Second, I took an afternoon off to be home yesterday to attend my second appointment. Nobody turned up. I rang at 4pm to see if I could get an update, the girl answering the phone did not listen to anything I said, just took my details and passed them on to
the SALES team. Duh.
Third, the guy who eventually called me back 75 minutes later couldn't tell me anything useful, and promised me a call back. Guess what? No call back.
Fourth, why on earth can't I speak to someone when I call? I sit on hold for over 5 minutes to leave a message and have to wait for someone to get around to calling me back. I am pretty busy and call when I have time to talk. Not when you can eventually get back to me.
It's a shame because I really like to support Australian companies that operate locally and employ local staff, but these incidents/factors have lost you a customer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi bellysmelly, We apologise for the issues you have experienced and we understand your frustration. We are sorry to lose you as a customer. Unfortunately the issue with your NBN connection i... read more »

Well I can't edit my review down to 0 stars, but believe me I would!! ... read more »

MATE Communicate Official

Hi bellysmelly, This port was processed in error and the port went through before your service was due to be activated. This is unusual as ports usually take up to six weeks to complete. We do ap... read more »

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Does Mate want my business?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2017

Multiple times now I've called Mate to try and transfer from my current provider only to be placed on hold for extended amounts of time. Once answered the call centre operator can do nothing other than get my details and promise a call back by sales. As yet this hasn't happen. Very annoying and beginning to thinking Mate doesnt want my business.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Jayden,

We believe you have spoken to our sales team and have now signed up.

Yes thank you, when I finally got a call back. The sales agent was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Bad service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Called this morning in an attempt to connect my internet. Was told I'd recieved a call within the hour. 2.5 hrs later I recieve the call and by then I wasnt at home. Told them to call be back at 3pm. It's 6pm now and I still haven't received a call. Had to cancel other engagements because of this for no reason.
Useless service.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Brian,

Our sales team are currently inundated with calls - we are trying our best to get back to everyone ASAP.

Adelaide, SA

• 1 answer
Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premise)

Well worth the money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

Signed up with a tier 5 NBN connection and I'm getting as close to the full speed as possible from day 1.
We've had a single dropout in the 2+ months we've been connected and that was simply because their supplier M2 had issues but the connection was backup within half an hour and they even had an Australian on the phone making sure nothing else was wrong with our service. 10/10

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Alexis,

Thanks for your great feedback!

Avoid It At Every Cost!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2017

I just called today to get a new connection. The guy at the call center was so rude and not at all helpful. I wouldn't recommend this internet service providing company to anyone.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Roy2070,

Sorry to hear of this. Can you advise who you spoke to? Please drop an email to help@letsbemates.com.au as we would like to resolve this.

sydney

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Go for it!, Quick and easy connection and transparent price structure

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2017

Phone and ADSL connection. Very transparent pricing plans, easy and quick connection. When you call the contact center you speaking with an Aussie, not an off-shore call centre consultant.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Olli,

Thanks for your great review!

Fantastic Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2017

NBN connection 6 months ago, a few problems early on with NBNco infrastructure. They kept me updated until issues resolved. Connection is very reliable. Amazing support.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Brad,

Glad to hear you are happy!

1 of 11 pages