Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

The service from this company is fantastic, really impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

4-2-2017 Saturday 11.30am went online and ordered Fiber to the node bundle (25mb down and 5mb up) including modem and port my existing phone number over.
4-2-2017 Saturday 11.58am received a confirmation or order by email and by text.
4-2-2017 Saturday 4.25pm Received a confirmation by email and text of payment for Modem
4-2-2017 Saturday 6.02pm Received a confirmation by email and text "Internet service is scheduled to be connected on 10/02/2017".
6-2-2017 Monday 6.47 Received a confirmation by email and text "your modem has been dispatche
d via StarTrack"
7-2-2017 Tuesday 7.55am Received Modem by StarTrack
10-2-2017 Friday 11.55am Guy checked and said to connect the modem (the modem setting are pre-configured by Mate for individuals before the modem is sent out to customer) while I was on the line or waited all good up and running.
10-2-2017 Friday 12.30pm Did a speed test 24.6mb down and 4.3mb up.
14-2-2016 Tuesday Rang at 3.20pm regarding some email settings spoke to girl tech busy would ring back within the hour. They rang back at 4.00pm excellent service and got the answers I needed straight away.
20-2-2017 Monday 12.20pm Rang to find out when phone would approximately be ported. Was told scheduled for the 23-2-2016
23-2-2017 Thursday received text the phone was connected and up and running as promised. All good.
It has been a long time since I have dealt with a company with such good service and so easy to talk. Speeds are great at the moment, were I am in Hamilton, Newcastle the copper lines are at least 30 years old and in very poor condition.
These guys really do know what service is and when they say they will ring back they actually do.

perth

Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Highly Recomend Mate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I started off with belong (NEVER DO THAT) n gave Mate a call... they answered right away to my surprise to a bloke who could actually speak English and new what he was talking about... I placed my order and was connected within the week and service has been great.. month to month billing fair price.. no complaints here

Private message

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Nice guys but no capability to deliver.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Signed up a month before I moved so I wouldn't be without internet for work and study.
"Mate! No problem. You'll be up and running in 5 days mate.

Product Review- thanks for editing my review down to a few meaningless lines. 0 stars.

Ulladulla

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Quick and Easy Fixed Wireless NBN Setup

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

Finally, an Australian business that knows what true customer service is!
From placing the order for my new fixed wireless NBN last week right through to the installation and service activation they kept me up to date with emails and text messages, letting me know exactly what had been done and what the next step would be and when. All time schedules were kept and even NBN Co, who installed the outdoor antennae and internal connection box, were fantastic and explained everything you need to know.
Was going to use my existing modem router but
decided to use Mates pre-configured one and glad I did. 40 minutes after the antennae and box were installed and service activation confirmed by Mate, I simply connected the new modem router and computer and was surfing the internet without issue.
I live on the NSW South Coast and connected up to the 25/5 plan and I am getting a reliable 23mb/s download and 4.7mb/s upload . Could not be happier with everything!! Highly recommend them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Steve,

Poor customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2017

I have had problems with mate since day one. I recently purchased a new modem (one that mate recommends) but I have not had internet since getting mate. Generally, the customer service is good although nobody can figure out what is wrong with my internet. However, today I called to check on the status of my enquiry and was greeted with very poor customer service. It came as a shock as everyone is normally so nice and ready to help. As I have already had connection issues with this company and now having horrible customer service, it is making me think twice about continuing with this service. Not impressed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Natasha, We are sorry to hear that this. Can you please contact us via email with more details on the call you made so we can look into this further? We pride ourselves on our service and would... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

You will be forced to research Telco knowledge yourself

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2017

Internet is not working for 1.5 weeks since activated. Why? Mate said that Telstra said its job is done and good and suggested me to check MDF. I have called Telstra to check the new phone number and they told me the phone number is not in their system?? The agent said I need to do MDF jumpering?? (what is that????). Basically everybody said it is my fault??? I am from NZ and I don't need to know all these tech terms in NZ where service is a simple switch on and off by different service providers in my apartment built at 2007 and it's service p rovider's responsibility for sure.

Good.. I hired a local Mr. Telco to check the MDF, sockets and MDF jumpering. He told me that the Telstra hasn't done its part of the work called 'test & tag' and Mate communicate is using the Telstra equipments so good news is my internet speed will be fast (I doubt that since I use VDSL in NZ). I don't know what these 50-year old tech terms are but I want my internet service online!! Research the MDF jumpering term through the world (no country except an Australia web site has the explanation), it comes out as following:

"After your service provider has connected to the A side of the MDF, they will usually tag the line to identify it for the technician who will connect it to your line on the B side of the MDF".
Note: http://dcnelectrical.com.au/services/network-cabling-sydney/what-is-mdf-jumpering/

I believe I do my part of responsibility and I am waiting for my internet..or will continue to seek the responsible parties on this issue through a proper process regarding to this SIMPLE internet activation in the 1st world but apparently extremely complicated process and no party wants to take the responsibility before proven faulty by the customer in Australia (what??).

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Ring, Sorry to hear you are unhappy. For ADSL services in apartments or units, the carrier’s (Telstra) responsibility for the phone line that connects your service runs from the local exchang... read more »

The OFFICIAL FAULT REPORT sent to Mate communicate shows 1) the B side is tested and tagged by Mr. Telco. 2) cabling from unit to MDF all tested OK. 3) no test and tag from ISP. I don't know if... read more »

Hi Ring,

We understand that the support team is currently working through this issue with you.

• 3 helpful votes

Excellent ISP

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

Hooked up with their NBN 25/5 last week, and got active this Tuesday after the modem arrived. I tested out the speed right after plugging the modem, I gotta say everything you read here about them is TRUE. The speed is fast and stable as promised, their customer service is helpful (not exactly prompt but as least they don't keep you wait on the line forever) I'm guessing because they're a local small firm rather than the big names out there, so they DO care about each customer and really focus on their service quality. Couldn't be happier!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Will,

• 4 helpful votes

Best ISP Ever, Awesome customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Pros:
Aussie customer service
Good back haul
No contracts
Cheap plans
Unlimited

Cons:
None that i can think of

Thank you Mate Communicate for being an awesome ISP.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi G1itch,

Verified Purchase Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Fast connection and helpful support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2017

Signed up for ADSL+2 bundle on Tuesday and had phone line + internet activated by Friday, only took 4 days. The modem didn't arrive on Friday, however when I called on Saturday, tech support helped me connect to internet using my old modem from previous internet provider. Really can't complain right now.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi Vayda,

Thanks for sharing!

Australia's Best ISP !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

Iv'e been with MATE for 4 months now & i must say they have been nothing but AMAZING !!

Such an easy sign up online & then kept updated on the progress via emails & sms, once i went live one quick call to tech support & BOOM i was online & speeds have been great ever since.

But by far the best part about being with MATE is the constant updates i receive when ever there is an outage or issues with the network.

This week there was an NBN outage & i received sms's stating there was an outage & sms's when the outage was restored.

Iv'e been with so many of the big ISP & none of them gave a Sh#t or kept me updated like MATE does !

They deserve 10 STARS !!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Hi KuRaC.FC,

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premise)

I can't recommend then enough!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

Let me share my timeline getting setup with them:
11:50am - Fill the online form in their website
2:00pm - They cannot find my address and call me. I provide the Location ID.
4:50pm - I get home and the NBN service is active. I only have to configure my userID and password.
5:00pm - I'm online but service is not active yet. I call them, which they answer instantly and ask me to wait few more hours.
5:12pm - I'm writing this review connected to the internet via MATE!

Note I have another review here for a different provider where I tell how I couldn't get connected after 3 months dealing with them!

I cannot recommend this guys enough!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Thanks for your great feedback Thiago!

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Connection Type: NBN Wireless

As happy as Larry.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2017

Full 3 months enjoying Internet, according to all the expectations regarding speed and use of the phone.
The charges have been correct, and really, after all the initial email contacts (my preferred way to communicate) everything has worked fine. All the technical advice demonstrated a fast and very capable handling.
So, this is an opportunity to say: Thanks Mate!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
MATE Communicate Official

Thanks Ariel! Glad to hear!

1 of 12 pages