• 18 answers

Not for Aussie condtions

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

Worst Decision Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2015

Having bought a V3 camper, secondhand, and supposedly still under warranty, with the optional independent suspension, it appears the optional suspension is somewhat of an after thought. The tent (which is obviously designed for the standard suspension) is now about about 100mm too short. Now, when erected there is a large fold or crease across the zippers on both doors, this renders the whole unit pretty much unusable. MDC response to this problem is to replace the tent at my expense. Well done MDC. Never again!

Brisbane

• 2 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Good bang for buck.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2015

Purchased the V4 model in November, with larger tent at Camping show on Sunshine Coast. So we had the opportunity to research a lot of Camper Trailers. So far very happy with the MDC camper. First setup took well over an hour - HOWEVER I have put this down to a few things 1) forgot to take the pole instructions 2) I added the annexe roof and tropical roof on which now stays on permanently and packs away. 3) It was 41 degrees that day!!!

I timed my second solo setup ,and with a routine in place have got a full setup including annex roof (
minus walls and floor) with a cold drink in hand within 30 minutes. With the missus helping it would easily be under a half hour setup. Solo pack up - wheels rolling in about 30 minutes. Plenty of room inside for my 2 kids to sleep and luggage etc without being cramped. Plenty of ventilation with large windows. Tool box at front has plenty of space. I did have a broken toolbox handle within the first 6 weeks, however the company got back to me within 24 hours (during holiday period) and booked in for repair under warranty without hassle, so good customer service here.

My only negative feedback I have is ....I have noticed small spots of surface rust around crevices underneath the camper where the trailer frame has been welded to the trailer box, suggesting bare metal where the welds finish. Would like to have seen these areas painted/rust treated a little better after the trailer has been welded together. To be fair, stone chips/exposed metal will happen when going off road, but I would like to see this finished better off the showroom floor. I would suggest that anyone who purchases this model gets under the trailer with some Lanotec or something similar before venturing on sand mud etc ....for piece of mind.

Tows behind our Suzuki GV 2.7 V6 no problems. Plenty of room in the trailer box for all gear. Overall I would say - expect the first setup to be tricky, but once you have your own routine in place, it's a snap to setup. I would highly recommend this trailer to any one on a budget looking for 'bang for your buck'.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Perfect Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2014

I recently purchased a MDC step through from Steve in Sydney and couldn't be happier with the service I received from them. Addressed every question I had and found them a pleasure to deal with. If your looking for a camper trailer I highly recommend MDC campers.
M Whit

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

MDC off road trailer worthless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2014

Bought ex demo dont know what to do with it straps holding bag to trailer rotten poles missing after 4 times tryed to get replaced finally wife picked them up and one broken ,cant buy extra room as advertised youd have to be a fool to deal with these people

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes
Private message

No way you can put this tent up by yourself.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2014

We have the newest model and there is no way you can put this tent up by yourself. And not to mention how difficult it is to attach the annex. My niece has the older model and yes, it is easy to do by yourself but this one, no way. It is so difficult to construct that it when it rains you will be in trouble, leaks everywhere. Very hard with a young family as you can't take the kids to the park or pool because hubby needs you to put it up. Not fun.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

V3 Offroad camper

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2014

Bought this camper sight unseen from Bris,, extremely happy ,, basic to set up, 1 man , bout 40 mins to set up,, anyone struggling to put this up should never own a camper to begin with ,
Been on at least a dozen trips with camper friends and loads of kids ,, really put this trailer through its paces,, top product.
Would recommend to anuone

+ Space ,, being tottaly compact

- Was missin a leg handle, but you can wind the legs down with your fingers

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Seems good no after sales servicr

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2014

After sales service bad thanks [names removed] you did nothing to address my problem but only what suited you enjoy your company growth [names removed] rod many posts on the net address your lack of service I refer to my received email from you if I defame your company you will come after me ?????

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 17 helpful votes

Market direct campers

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2014

Tbox v3 my camper is not a year old yet. 1 side box strut has broke the lifting struts for lifting the bed/tent has failed. you have to prop the top up with something it has always taken 2 people to lift the top. When the tent is set up it is so hard to access the side boxers. as the canvas cutout covers the corners of the 2boxers. can't enclose the kitchen area under the trailer because of were the spare wheel is mounted on the tail gate pushers the side of the tent out which stops kitchen wall meeting main wall if I don't open the kitchen up than the gas line is to tight this trailer was sold to me as an Austrailian made manufactured trailer with a china made tent it all come from china.it had a bike rack mounting point on the back of the trailer I had independent suspension fitted so the mounting point was taken off the water tank sits at the very back of the trailer I'm worried it will scrap when off road I have fixed to Many things to list I have less than a 100mm when the camper is loaded till the tyres scrap on the guards I was miss lead on the sale of this camper I have been abused by the director of market direct over the phone look long and hard do some research it's hard to by Australian because of the wording and sales

+ The tent

- Bad service bad warranty

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great Camper

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2014

We bought out MDC Deluxe V3 late in 2013. We have done a few trips since. Over Christmas drove from the sunshine coast in QLD to Coffs harbour, then inland for a few days. The camper went great. We put it up about 5 or 6 times in 12 days and find it easy to put up and down after a bit of practice. In March this year (2014) we dragged it up to double island point. I was a little worried about towing it in the sand, it weighs about 1000 kg fully loaded. But it towed like a dream, I evan managed to get off the beach in 2wd.

When we bought it w
e took the 18ft tent because it was the same price as the 12ft, but looking back i would go for the smaller one. The 18ft is huge and its a 2 person job to put up and down...

Since owning it i have added 12v power including a water pump. Well worth doing, and do it your self if you have the know how, it will cost a quarter of the MDC price.

Over all its a great camper.

+ Its great for the price and seems to be well built.

- I have noticed after 2 nights on the beach there is a bit of rust coming through some of the stone chips.

Sydney

Mdc off road deluxe v3

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2014

I find it hard to believe anyone can have so much trouble with their trailers
I purchased mine over twelve months ago. Two days after purchasing we went down the south coast,the first two nights had rain all night and not one drop of water inside
The only problem I had was once I got home after purchasing I saw that the stone guard was bent rang the guys straight away they replace it straight away
Every time I go away I always have some random family wanting to look inside as they are amazed at how much room there is inside

+ Tent size is excellent tows really well

• 2 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Really bad customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2014

I bought a voyager RF The winch was useless the ratchet didn't engage. The legs on the fold down section were only tack welded and broke first use. The gas strut holders under the bed were already bent when I bought it they are too flimsy and have now been replaced. One 12 v socket didn't work on removal the wire was too short and had pulled out. The tent had been assembled wrong and had holes where they shouldn't be and none where they should be . The jockey wheel was loose and I almost ended up with the tow bar sat on my foot ................ Everything has been now fixed by me and I think for the cost the trailer is ok but the customer service is non existant and if you are not handy or wanting to do some diy stay away I honestly think MDC has the worst after sales customer service in Australia.
I have emailed them each time I found a problem and never received an answer.
I have removed all advertising from the trailer as its no 33% my build

+ Not too bad for cost it has some good features just badly finished

- Poor Finish , Lack of quality checks, Pathetic customer service

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

just used it first time in the rain and it leaked like a sieve

1 of 2 pages