Most lactating mothers can't live would this

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Use for 1 year. Good use bilateral and good suction so more breastfeeding milk in a 15 minute period. Easy clean with soap and water.
I would definitely use this product again. Travelling with this product is also easy to consealm looked like a computer bag. Also can store other needs in the bag.

Awesome pump - makes expressing a lot easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2017

I never usually right reviews but I've tried other pumps and found this to be far be superior. I usually only need to pump for around 5 -10 minutes and can get up to 200mls in this time. I highly recommend this pump. It is comfortable to use and would recommend this to anyone looking to express either regularly or occasionally. 10/10!

Purchased at: eBay

not good for the baby

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2016

I have been trying to breastfeed my almost 3 months baby for hours and it is most the frustration he is and I am than the solution I was expecting. not easy to breastfeed the baby. I wouldn't use this product again ever, it upsets the baby without any results

Purchased at: Baby Bunting

Jacksonville

Private message

Good pump but not the best

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2016

Used the Medela Breastpump for a few months until I decided to look into a new one because it eventually started hurting my nipples. The suction on the Medela has a strong rough pull and it really hurt to the point where I didn't even want to pump anymore (but I kept going).
On positive note the pump is easy to clean, maintain and travel with.

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

A real life saver for a Mum pumping regularly

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

I started out with the Medela Swing and the plan to pump only ad hoc as needed, but when I had issues with my baby latching and was spending 30-60 minutes pumping each session, time I couldn't spare once my husband went back to work, I began looking for a faster solution.

After researching extensively I bought the The Pump In Style Advanced and I couldn't recommend it enough. I'm getting more volume as a hospital grade pump, have the confidence that the strength of the pump will maintain my supply, and the ability to do both sides simultane
ously means I'm done in 10 minutes and back to focusing on my baby. A real lifesaver.

Edit: After writing this review I've received a few queries about where to buy & power converters so have come back to add this info -

Check out US Amazon to purchase, as at the time of writing this review I don't believe this is available for purchase in Australia anymore. Not sure why as it is excellent.

Make sure you order a power adaptor as well. The pump will not work properly just plugged in to our power with a travel/plug adaptor - you need something to actually convert the power to our voltage.

To get delivered to Australia, there are services which provide a US Postal address and forward you the package i.e. Australia Post have started this service. If you google it you'll find a few options. There is a cost involved but was worth it for me, as this is my first baby and hoping for a few more who I will also use this for.

I haven't included any links as these will change from time to time, or voltage info as I'm no expert, but Google will give you the rest of the answers. Hope this helps!

Purchased at: Amazon

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

• 1 review

Best investment ever

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2014

+ Super easy to set-up, easy to wash equipment, easy to store milk bottles that you can attach teats to. It also operates on batteries, should you plan to go somewhere where there is no access to power and it also comes with a hand-pump. What else can you ask for!

- Expensive, but well worth it!

Concord

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent Pump!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2013

I have now had this pump for almost five years and it's great! I can empty both breasts in seven minutes with little to no pain and discomfort. I have used other pumps before and never been as successful as this one. The accessories are great, parts are easy to come by (but somewhat expensive) and I love that I can pump, store and feed all from the same bottle. All four of my children favoured the Medela teats, so it was a win win situation all round. Using it as a double pump can make you feel somewhat like a jersey cow, but I think that's a small price to pay when you take into consideration the ease of use.

+ Easy to use, reliable, comfortable.

Purchased at: Chemist Warehouse

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

I can read a mag while I pump...bliss!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2012

+ Efficiency, effectiveness and freedom

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2012

I used this several times a day and loved it. Don't know how I could survive with out it. I went back to work when bub was 4.5mths and breastfed / expressed till she was almost 10mths.
Would absolutely reccommend. It can be pricey, I got mine from www.soulmothers.com.au on sale for about $400. I haven't had any problems, discouloration wasn't an issue for me and I am keeping mine until I have my next child.

+ Electric, dual pump, Hands free with a bit of imagination (ie. pull your bra up over the breast sheilds sit back and read a mag!) quick to express and it's fairly discrete in the backpack. Cooler bag is great too.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Wish I'd found it sooner - brilliant, quick, comfortable, efficient... But pricey.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2012

I loved this pump. When I first started pumping I began with a single basic hand pump, then upgraded to the electric version of it. When the motor blew after only a few months of daily use I was lent the Medela Pump in Style Advanced. Couldn't believe the differencce! So comfortable, so quick, so efficient. What a liberation. I've used it a few times a day for about four months now and feel I should return it to it's rightful owner to on-lend. I'll be buying my own to keep! The price is a real off-putter, but on the other hand I can't imagine a better pump, so really it's a bargain. Now to find the actual money...

Would absoultely recommend it.

+ Reliable, efficient, comfortable, fast, portable, quiet

- Expensive

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Adelaide, SA

• 16 helpful votes
Private message

Expensive but worth every penny and more!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2012

I purchased the Medela Pump In Style after I found out that my son was unable to latch properly. I was determined to feed him my breastmilk since I had milk but after trying an Avent single pump, I was keen to get a double pump to (a) increase my supply and (b) reduce the time taken to express. I picked the Medela Pump In Style after reading the outstanding reviews on Product review and other review websites. I found out that the Pump In Style is no longer supplied by Medela Australia so I purchased it through Amazon from the US for around $260 USD ($350 USD including postage).

The minute I started using it, my supply increased and I found that instead of expressing for 40 mins (20 each side) I only had to pump for 15-20 minutes because I could do both sides at once. Because it is a hospital grade pump and because it is designed for mothers who are solely expressing, I think it has been designed to be very efficient. At my peak, using the pump I was able to express over 1 litre a day.

There were a few down sides to the pump:
- the AC adapter cannot be used in Australia as our frequency is different from the US so I had to use the portable battery pack - to save money, I bought rechargeable AA batteries x 8 and this worked perfectly but was an added extra cost I was not expecting
- the pump motor broke at around 6 months, but Medela US was happy to replace the entire thing within my warranty (however they do not post outside the US so I had to get them to post to a friend in the US who then sent it to me) - the Medela customer service team are so helpful and friendly that I didn't find dealing with them difficult and they sorted out the problem very promptly

If I had given up and decided to go to formula, I calculated that it would end up costing a lot more than the cost of the pump so despite the upfront cost of buying this pump, in the long run it saved me money and it was also the best option for my baby. I'm so glad that I made the decision to get the pump!

+ efficient (cut down the time taken to express), increased my milk supply, able to be used for sole expressing

- mine broke down but customer service was great so not really a problem as it was replaced under the warranty, if you purchase an overseas model it may not be able to be used in Australia due to differencesin frequency and voltages

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2012

If you don't want to spend over $2k for the symphony this is great value at around $400-$500. Overall I really like this especially if you are going to make good use of it. I think paying that extra couple of hundred instead more and get this instead of the electric hand pump.

+ Pumps very similar to hospital grade medela symphony. Does pretty much the same job. Comes in a back pack with handy cooler for individual bottle coolers for expressed milk. Can be used either as single pumping or double pump action. Can be operated with 4x AA batteries.

- Its just abit noisier than medela symphony. Other than that its great.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 4 pages

Hi there, I see from product review.com that you have all used the Medela pump in style and recommend it. I have just bought one from Amazon but now realize Australian voltage is different. Did you have this problem? If so, did you use batteries, how long did they last? or get a converter or something? or was yours purchased in Australia? Any tips much appreciated Thanks, Belinda

Biprice asked on Nov 10, 2015

Answer this

Hi. I purchased mine from Australia, so I didn't have that problem. I would contact Medela and ask for advice about a converter. Sorry, I can't help any more.

For use in AU, do you need an adaptor to use it without damaging the product purchased in the US? e.g. if the US input is 110v, and AU is 240v, do i need a specific Medela adaptor to use it here? I don't want to void the warranty. tks!!

chinfia asked on Sep 06, 2015

Answer this

I'm not too sure. I bought an adapter from a luggage store and it worked fine. That would probably be a good question to ask Medela themselves. I'd hate to give you the wrong advice and have something go wrong.

Product Details