Miele - Hi Stu17, Given your heavy use of the machine it would not be uncommon for you to replace the brushes. Miele washing machines are designed for 10000 operating hours which is the equivalent of 20 y... read more »
posted on Dec 17, 2012
Purchased at: David Jones
+ Logically constructed so it was easy to repair. Steel balast instead of concrete.
- Should get more than 7-8 years from a brush??
Purchased at: Harvey Norman
+ Quiet and reliable.
Purchased at: Harvey Norman
+ Love everything about it, when it works
- Miele are no help. No one can find what the fault is.
+ clothes come out clean. doesn't ruin the fabric. the buzzer to alert me when finishes (cuz it's so quiet I sometimes forget). timer - love the timer.
- bit pricey.
+ washed clothes well, good when it does work
- bad warranty service, had to wait over a month for the repair, cost half the price of a new machine for one part
+ Plenty of functions. Ease of use.
- If it breaks down repairs are lengthy and parts very expensive
Easy to use
Cleans clothes really well
Lots of functions
Does a normal load in 40 minutes and you can open the door until it's at the end of its wash cycle.
- Wish it was a bit bigger, but I think it holds more than the 5 kilos it says.
+ This machine washes clothes very well; my clothes are definitely clean. I like the honeycomb care system of this washing machine. The system looks after the fabric of the clothes in a sense that it does not damage the fabric, the system is gentle on the clothes, yet cleanses very well. The machine is quiet too. It doesn't require much laundry detergent to wash a load which is very good because I save a lot when it comes to buying detergent powder. I love the different cycle depending on the type of clothes' fabric. This machine has the energy rating of 4 stars, thus I got a rebate from the government for purchasing this machine.
- I am not sure if this only happens to the unit that I bought or if this is common to this model... There were several instances when the machine just stopped working that I had to turn the machine off and on again to resume its function. My unit was repaired once by the agent. The electronic board was replaced. The problem became worse that it totally stopped working 3 months after the warranty expired.
+ My clothes have never been cleaner and we have saved a considerable amount of water as shown on our water bills (even with an extra baby in the family). Can take up to 12 bath towels at a time and needs only a tablespoon of powder per wash. No more hand washing as the delicate cycle is fantastic. A great range of cycles.
- Has had the occassion to lock into the cotton cycle once you have finished a wash and only way to resent is to turn machine off then on again. Top panel cracked at the edges, however was replaced by Miele as it was within warranty (something I did not expect for a machine of this price in the first year).
+ I purchased this machine, my first front loader 10 months ago and I think this is just fantastic, I love the timer especially with the busy lifestyle I have.
+ This machine was my first front loader and is simplicity in design. A couple of button presses and you're guarenteed a perfect wash in 40 minutes with sparkling whites and unwrinkled well spun clothes that dry quickly on the line, even in winter.