Low low rate

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Purchased our first investment property with Mezy and we really happy with the outcome and service throughout. The internet banking access is quite basic however it is worth it for the low rate. I would 100% recommend.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

I would like to thank Mortgage ezy! Im not one to write reviews however i feel i owe it to them! We were turned away from other lenders because of certain circumstances but Mezy were the only ones to actually help us and we Are now so happy with our home and home loan.

Don't waste your time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

MEZY is a time waster. Did everything they asked, received conditional approval pending valuation which came through at less than 60% LMI, was given the all clear as an acceptable property only for them to decline based on the towns population. Why could they not have found that out before? As in 3 weeks ago? But maybe it's a blessing seeing all the other bad reviews. Maybe I have dodged a bullet?

5 stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

I was in a dilemma with my particular situation however my broke suggested Mortgage Ezy and they were able to offer me a home loan when other lenders told me that they couldn't. I feel as though they wanted nothing but the best for me and actually tried to help. The customer service line is also very helpful and friendly.

Worst lender, Stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

The worst lender I have ever seen on the market, I have been offered one year fix rate from Mortgage Ezy 18 months ago, and after the fixed term matured, my loan has switched to variable, and interest rate has gone up by 20% from 3.89% to 5.014%, which is much higher compare to other lenders. Now I am refinancing to a different lender, and it offers me much much lower rate, but just realized to discharge the loan from Mortgage Ezy will cost me more than $1,300 (discharge fee $895, their settlement agent $420 plus $55 of their admin fee), which is rip off compare to other lender's discharge fee around 300-350. NOT recommend this lender AT ALL!!! WHY should I Pay for their solicitor fee???

• 3 answers
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Started average and getting worse by the minute

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

Comments
Mortgage Ezy Official

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention, as we strive to improve our service and we agree that this type if delay is not acceptable. With any change to a direct debit, a form wit... read more »

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Poor lender

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

Applying for a loan with Mortgage Ezy was one of the most stressful periods of time in my life.

Much of Mortgage Ezy's operations have recently been outsourced to the Philippines - and, like many previously good Australian businesses, they have begun the decent into 3rd world business that is the chaotic, underpaid, under-qualified, incompetent cesspit of the modern day Philippines, in return for a few more cheap bucks.

Your mortgage application by and large will be handled by a Philippine national. Call centres are manned from the Phil
ippines. You will not be able to talk to them during the application process if using a broker - your loan approval officer will categorically refuse to take your calls (via the Brisbane advertised number which is automatically redirected to the Philippines), and the whole approval process is completely un-transparent, complicated and painfully slow.

The call centre will tell you, "I do not have authorization to access your account" or "I cannot give you that information - call your broker".

Even though all my documents required were presented to Mortgage Ezy in a timely way, they sent a long complex questionnaire to my employer (when they stated it would be just a simple employment verification check) that was so confusing to the employer, it took the help of several different departments and over a week to complete. Some of the information required had was already clearly stated on my payslip (such as company BSB), but the Philippine approval officer had not bothered to read my payslip fully. None of this information is required by the Australian big four banks. I have never seen this information required through other smaller lenders either.

I almost lost not only my property but all my initial pre settlement inspection, legal and finder monies in the process because Mortgage Ezy almost missed the settlement deadline, due to this archaic employment verification check. My stress levels were through the roof. Approval was eventually granted approximately 24 hours before settlement deadline.

To be fair my employer is a slow moving behemoth itself, where everything follows a tedious, outdated formal procedure and process. However, even though employment verification documents had been already been provided to Mortgage Ezy, Mortgage Ezy required this lengthy questionnaire (which I was not allowed to complete) and then kept bombarding my employer with calls to see if the form had been completed.

This earned me a strong rebuke from my boss who described A_ngel A_pen's (Mortgage Ezy - Philippines) constant, hourly phone calls as border line harassment, and told me to tell her to stop it immediately.

Mortgage Ezy follow any complaints on this forum with a number to contact giving the impression that they are proactive about fixing problems. Don't bother with my complaint - Mortgage Ezy had ample opportunity to communicate with me during the approval process but refused, so I will not be contacting you now that the dust has settled, and I maintain that this review is factual and honest. If I could say what was the worst part of the whole experience in two words, it would be 'poor communication'.

If you are still reading this review, I would strongly urge you to reconsider applying for a loan through Mortgage Ezy. Their previous positive feedback on this website was not replicated in my experience even though I am an experienced investor and know the buying process well. Outsourcing to the Philippines has been a big mistake on the part of this lender.

If you are wondering what my credit rating and salary are like, Veda rates me as 'excellent' and my income is in the top 1% of Australian incomes. The point being - if getting a loan through Mezy was this hard for me, what will it be like for you?

I now look and feel a few years older and have a few more grey hairs now thanks to Mortgage Ezy. All in all this was a terrible, terrible experience. 2 stars for the good rate - zero for the rest.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Ezy Official

Thank you for your feedback and I apologise your home loan application with Mortgage Ezy wasn’t a positive experience. Due to the relationship you have with your Mortgage broker, he/she has alrea... read more »

Highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Our mort broker suggested mortgage ezy for us and being a company we hadn't heard of we were a bit worried but all was good. The major difference was the interest rates are much lower than the banks and the service through the whole process was great. I liked the text message updates it was really handy. I would recommend them

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Avoid like a plague!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

My settlement was one month after i signed the contract. To ensure i have no problems on settlement, i engaged two companies to do quotations. Mezy came back with higher interest rates and all fees (penalty, etc) are high so i decided to go with another company without signing with them. To my disbelief, they sent me a quotation for their legal fees when i decided not to go with them!
I'm writing this review so others will not fall into scams by them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Mortgage Ezy Official

Hi Bec, We would like to better understand the specifics of your review. This is not a Mortgage Ezy Fee as we do not charge fees. This fee was simply passed on by Mortgage Ezy to you on the cost ... read more »

Perfect home loan

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Mortgage ezy arranged a home loan that was suited perfectly to us. we were very happy with the way they worked with us to understand our situation. We are very glad our broker recommended them

Professionals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

I had a good experience with Mezy. The application was simple and it all happened quicker than I expected. Staff were knowledgable and professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

easy application process and helpful staff. We are saving money now on our repayments after refinancing from anz so I would recommend them highly.

1 of 8 pages