Absolutely excellent service should have done it years agon

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I had got myself into a terrible situation with my finances and thought the only path I had was to go bankrupt. Then Kelsey from mybudget got on the case and within 12 months I should have heaps of savings and be debt free! I don't stress over money anymore and I know that everything is getting looked after. I really wish I'd done it years ago.

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

We were with them 8 years

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

We were with MyBudget for about 8 years and in that time we spent over $14,000 in fees. In can be a great service for those unable to manage a budget on their own and can sometimes be handy when negotiating debts (at an extra fee). I recommend if you're thinking of using such a service to consider the cheaper option. Google YNAB and you'll find that it only costs you $50 a year. They offer classes and instead of others managing your money, you do it for yourself. Their system works way better than MyBudget's ever did for us.

The reason we left MyBudget was due to the fact that even though we had loyalty to them (referred over 10 customers), they had zero loyalty to us.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Jay Tee, Thank you for your review. We are very disappointed to hear of your feelings above, and also your concerns in regards to the effectiveness of the service. As feedback and loyalty to... read more »

Thank you. There was nothing MyBudget could do before, I doubt you can do anything now. I had referred a family member to the service. They got extremely ill within a couple of weeks of joining. Th... read more »

Very helpful ! Great service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

My budget has helped me to better manage my money. Not having to worry about bills has been a big relief and has definitely taken a lot of stress off ny shoulders. The customer service team are always friendly, helpful and willing to go that extra mile make sure my account is taken care of. Best decision ever.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Trace, Thanks for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that you're no longer feeling the stress from your money worries, and that you're so happy with the service. I will definitely p... read more »

Im very sad to leave

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

We have been with you for over 6 years. During that time I found that your customer service and your people are exemplary, an example I often discuss in my own career of customer service. You have truly changed our lives and made dealing with finance easy and hassle free. Thankyou for your time with us and setting us up for success!

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Nic, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that you've had such a positive experience with our customer service team. It's fantastic that you're feeling so much more confident wi... read more »

Best thing I ever did!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

I had come out of a long term relationship and walked away with nothing. To compound this my health suffered a significant set back and I was left with a lot of medical bills - in the thousands. I had already maxed out the credit cards to set myself up after the relationship ended and my income was significantly less than before. Long story short, it was a dark time and I would stress constantly about money and how I was going to pay the bills let alone eat. I was watching TV late one night and stressing (I wasn't sleeping at this time) wh en I realised I had just seen another My Budget ad. I couldn't tell you how many I saw that night but it felt like it was the only ad running. I took it as a sign and contacted them. I had nothing to lose and it's the best thing I ever did.

Despite the tragic state of my finances they arranged a budget that allowed me to eat and still pay my bills. Sure I had to cut back on lot of things but it was worth it. The best thing is not stressing when a bill comes in because My Budget have already planned for it so I'm not living pay to pay.

Now, as they promised, 5 months later I'm actually starting to have savings again and have knocked off a number of my debts. Don't get me wrong I still have a lot to pay off still, but I'm getting there. The first few months are hard, but stick with them and My Budget will get you through. Their fees are reasonable in the circumstances and when I think about what they charge me, for the sake of my mental health, it's a small price to pay. And let's be honest if I didn't pay them I would've blown it on something that I couldn't account for. Paying it to My Budget is an investment in my future.

You can't access your money outside business hours or on weekends, unless you plan ahead, but that suits me because it stops impulse spending. And every time I call or email the staff at My Budget they have been absolutely brilliant.

I've learnt a lot about budgeting over the last few months, but I'm confident when I say, I will not leave My Budget. If they have been able to get me through a time when I was looking at bankruptcy imagine how much I'll save when the debts are paid off and their still managing my finances.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Shazzam, Thank you so much for sharing your story. It sounds like you've come such a long way and you should certainly be proud of your achievements so far. Knocking off those first few debt... read more »

Could not have done it without MyBudget

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2017

I never would have got rid of the week to week stress without My Budget. Now all my regular bills are in credit or minimal by the due payment date under $50. Even though I have not reached a savings target this is looking more realistic now. I have even stopped wasting money on stupid things I don't need. I could never have done it without My Budget Thank you so much.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Christine, Thank you for your feedback. We're so happy to hear that the week to week stress has been eliminated through using the service! It's a fantastic feeling being in credit on your bi... read more »

Wouldnt be able to afford anything without them!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Mybudget has helped me so much with reassurance and confidence. Letting me know where and how to fix my budget

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Brad, Thank you for sharing your experience. It's great to hear that you've found reassurance through using the service, it definitely makes a difference when you have a structured plan and ... read more »

Back on Track

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Thanks to MyBudget I got support and reassurance that my finances could be regained and put back on track after stressing through living week to week.

The ease of the MyBudget App allowed me to see the structure of finances being met and gave me peace of mind that I had funds to again play with or maneuver into extra savings.

I now thank MyBudget as I exit with confidence and new knowledge to maintain my own budget.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Kirsty M, Thanks for your feedback. It's great to hear that you've gained so much through using the service, and that you're no longer feeling the financial stress of living week to week. We... read more »

Happy wife happy life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

Best thing jo and myself have done. No more debt no more harassing calls.wish it was around 20years ago and I tell everyone they should use my budget

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Kev, Thanks for sharing your experience - happy wife, happy life indeed! We're so glad that we've been able to stop those harassing phone calls for you, as we understand how much pressure th... read more »

Saved our Financial lives, and still going!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

No money stress, amazing customer service, highly recommended to get your finances back on track. Can't thank My Budget enough, they take the best care of my family and money, what's best for us.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Kellie, Thanks for your feedback! It's so great to hear that you're no longer feeling the stress that comes from money worries, and that you're feeling taken care of by our Customer Service ... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Easy, smooth and simple transition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

I cannot be happier, I have only recently started with MyBudget and cannot believe how easy the set up and transition was. The staff were so friendly and easy to talk to and they didn't judge my situation. My budget was set up to suit me and I cant thank them enough. I kept putting it off as I really thought it was going to be so messy to get started but I was wrong and regret not doing it sooner. Thank you.

Comments
MyBudget Official

Hi Nic, Thank you for sharing. It's fantastic to hear that you've enjoyed using the service so far and that the set up and transition process so easy to follow. Its important to us that we do t... read more »

My budget has be the best people

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

Thank you for all your help I am so happy and excited to be with my budget one again how I can start saving lose money from marcopuleo

Comments

Thank you for your help and support with my budget I have been with him between the 5years arm I'm gonna continue being with them and I'm not gonna stop giving up

MyBudget Official

Hi Maropuleo, Thank you for your review. We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed using the service and that you're excited to start saving again! It's amazing how much difference a structure... read more »

1 of 49 pages

I am not sure exactly how you work but my granddaughter and her fiancé have accumulated some debt subject to him losing his job last December they are in a stressful situation and being young are not finding a way to a solution would you be of any help to them he has a job now and she is studying but finding that difficult because of circumstances ..I feel they need to consolidate but at the moment they are in a huge struggle

maz asked on Apr 29, 2017

Hi Maz,

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear about your family's situation right now, it sounds like things have certainly been hard since the job loss! We have many clients who have come to us in similar situations, and we are able to put solid plans in place to help.

What I would suggest is to give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 which will bring them to one of our new enquiry specialists. From there we can discuss their situation in more detail and see what sort of solutions we may be able to offer. We look forward to speaking with them soon!

Kind regards, Rebecca - MyBudget

I am in debt, credit cards and car and house loan. I however have a casual job, hubby permanent. Would this help when our income varies from fortnight to fortnight?

Anne asked on Apr 25, 2017

Hi Anne,

Thanks for contacting us with your question.

Providing you have a regular and reliable source of income, generally speaking MyBudget would be able to assist you with getting a budget plan together. Even with a varied income, we may still be able to build a working budget based on your minimum or average income amounts.

I would suggest giving us a call on 1300 300 922 and selecting option 2 so that we can discuss your income and expenses in more depth - that way we should be able to get an even better idea of how we can assist you.

We look forward to speaking with you!

Kind regards, Rebecca - MyBudget

What fees does MyBudget charge to use their service? I'm not in debt but really need to knuckle down on saving money so could use help as at the moment I'm not able to save anything.

Meganrubyjoy asked on Apr 11, 2017

Hi Meganrubyjoy,

Thank you for your question.

The cost of setting up an individual's budget is determined by the complexity of the budget. We provide a free appointment where we create a tailor-made budget solution for you. Once the budget has been created during the appointment, you will be able to view the costs involved and decide if you wish to join the service.

Please note, all fees are worked into your budget and are spread out over time, so you don't need to pay upfront. If you choose not to use the service you will be provided with the budget plan which you can take home at no cost. If you choose to use the service, you will have access to your flexible budget online 24/7 (we work with you as life changes), receive ongoing support from the MyBudget team, partake in goal coaching for your short and long term goals and more!

We do have many clients who are not in financial hardship but still use our service for a more structured savings plan! The best way to get a more accurate idea of fees involved would be to give us a call on 1300 300 922 and select option 2 to speak with one of our consultants. We can then look at running through your situation in more detail.

We look forward to speaking with you!

Rebecca - MyBudget