INFORMATIVE AND POLITE

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Even though my query was not resolved ( was enquiring when AccountEdge Pro (software for Mac) would be available "LIVE" ) I was given different software options to view and see if they would suit my small bunnies needs.

Amazing Customer Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Whilst our issue of opening a very old MYOB file was not completely sorted, our MYOB consultant could not have been more helpful. He spent a lot of time with us to help fix our issue. MYOB has really increased their level of service in the few years since we last used MYOB full time.

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Really happy with the customer service, they were able to help with my issue with in minutes and now I have everything back up and running again.

Verified Purchase

MYOB is great- even for those of us that are not accountants!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

MYOB simplifies all those complicated accounting rules and regulations- so it is a great tool for those of us that aren't actually accountants. And the support is great as well- friendly and straight forward.

Fantastic customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I had an issue with my MYOB install after i had done a factory reset on my computer. I rang MYOB and they helped me sort it out in no time. The gentleman whom assisted me was very helpful. Thanks MYOB team

Upgrade to 2017.1

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Talking to Cobus who understood that I run MYOB for both Ausatralia and New Zealand, as my business also has NZ purchases and Sales in NZ Dollars with a different GST rate and regime, was able to advise me clearly how to apply the upgrade to both programs. For me a first to have an MYOB consultant who understood how both programs interacted.

Fatal termination error

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

My case was immediately escalated. The consultant was clear and concise with his instructions. we ere back up and running in 30 minutes. Thank you

Upgrade problem

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Had trouble up grading to new AR 17 system. Rang support, had to team view, not upgrading had to export to MYOB. Problem solved, pleasantly no real fuss. Thanks.

Auckland

Private message

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

I am using MYOB essential. Which I am guessing may have less options than others. It's not bad for small business. But MYOB need more people in their contact centre once you call, you have to wait for minimum of 30 minutes to get through right person if you are lucky. Overall software is 3 out of 5.

Great Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Very clear and concise instructions from the customer service department. Problem solved easily and with a great polite customer service operator.

Good telephone support

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

I really like the follow up information that is sent after a phone call. It's great to have the information/instructions available for me to look at later when needed.

Exceptional customer services

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

The software support consultant has provides me with exceptional services by being knowledgeable and extremely patient. It took him more than 0.5 hours to solve my problem. He solved my problem and explained to me what he did clearly. So I can solve the same problem by myself next time. Thank you very much for your help, Kris.

1 of 73 pages

hi i have question in bank register when close the payment in will deposit and withdraw again...one payment its showing two time debit and credit,,,wat is prblm ?

usha asked on Apr 03, 2017

Hi Usha
It does sound like you have set the Linked Account for Tracking Receivables to be the bank account rather than the Trade Debtors/Accounts Receivable account. You might want to want to take a look at the following post on the MYOB Community Forum which is similar case to what you are experiencing:
Steven

I am having trouble when I print invoices with the rate. ie. $55.00 will print as $6.35, for example everything remains correct, the totals are right, the Tax etc is correct, it just the rates that change??

Greg asked on Jan 09, 2017

Hi Greg
I would recommend going to Setup>>Customise Form>>Invoices>>Selecting the layout and form before selecting Customise. This will show you the customise form i.e. the way in which it is printed/emailed you can then ensure that you have correct fields listed for your requirements. Help Article: Personalising forms ( http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/7YBW ) would be able to assist with that process in more detail.
If you do require further assistance with producing your invoices or have further enquires you more than welcome to post on the MYOB Community Forum http://community.myob.com/ I’m sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.
Steven

We are a small cafe, run under a partnership structure. While most of our suppliers are paid either via cheque or bank transfer there are a couple who we pay with cash from the til. Our accountant has recommended acccount right basics for us, but I have read a customer review which states there is no way to record this type of transaction. Could someone please confirm or deny this?

Elise Turnedge asked on Aug 07, 2016

Answer this

Hi Elise, Thank you for your enquiry. AccountRight Basics, can work for you if you're happy to record these payments as Banking transactions rather than as Purchases. Our higher level products have a dedicated Purchases module that allow you to record an Order or Bill against a Supplier Card and take payment at a later date. However, AccountRight Basics does not have a Purchases module. So you could record these transactions as Spend Money transactions in our Banking module. In doing so you'd be recording an amount being taken out of your chosen account (in this case may be a petty cash / till account) and your chosen expense account being increased by that amount. I've included here a link to our products comparison page. - http://myob.com.au/business/compare-online-accounting-software-1435723362064?intcid=prdcpg-true
I recommend downloading the free trial of AccountRight Basics to have a play and get a feel for the software. If you have any queries at all or would like help with making the most of the software, please visit our Community Forum - Community.myob.com. We're always happy to assist.
Regards,
Suja
MYOB Social Support

I think that sort of transaction is easy to do. Your till taking would go into the undeposited funds account and you would do a transaction for the cash payments to your supplier out of that account.

Hi Elise,
as the two earlier answers have said, the type of transaction you're talking about is easy to do, and would be do-able in any version of MYOB. I would absolutely recommend running the free trial of the software (available on the MYOB site) and seeing which one you like.
Two things that I think you have to look at when deciding which version to use are:
1) Payroll: if you have employees (other then the business partners), then Accountsright Basic wouldn't work for you as it has no payroll module
2) Creditors: As Suja said above, Accountsright Basic has no purchases module, so it's really only for businesses who run on a cash basis. If you're not sure if you are a cash business (given your industry you likely are), you can check what basis you lodge GST on, or you could look at your Balance Sheet for last year and see if you have a Creditors amount reported on it. If your GST is on the accruals basis, or if you have creditors, then Accountsright Plus would be a better option.