Nicest people on the planet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Warren was the nicest and most helpful and patient person that I have ever dealt with! God bless you and thank you so much for getting MYOB upgraded up and running successfully.

Really Impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

With the professional and friendly manner of the support staff.
And even though I was talking with the Tech guy, he found out the info i needed from Sales team and helped me with everything I needed to know. Pleasure to deal with your staff :)

Love the ease of this

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Love being part of MYOB and the ease that I can deal with any issues that may come up. Love their support team

Verified Purchase

Great Customer Service Comprehension!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

I was looking to resolve some accounts issues late in the day (after 5pm) before a public holiday, and found the customer service officer friendly, responsive, and alert; got the shady queries that are sometimes hard to describe precisely answered within a few minutes - great comprehension, instead of the "we'll get back to you" approach!

Thanks Amie , appreciate your help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Very polite an with good and fast information. Problem solved in few minutes. Thanks again Amie very happy with your help

Technical Help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

I rang myob for technical help and Andre answered my call. My Accountright Live file would not import or export causing the file to crash each time I tried it. He took me straight to the problem where it was a permissions problem in my server. The problem was fixed fast and efficiently and I was able to move on with my work with only a minimal interuption. Thanks.

Patient

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

It took quite a while to talk to a consultant, but when I did - my problem was quite complex and I am not very computer savy. He was VERY patient with explaining what had to be done and although it took ages (it was a job I had put off doing) eventually it was all resolved and I have very relieve the problems have been solved.

Problem solved

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

I rang with an issue about software and file compatibility and in a minute I had the solution. Thank you.

Awesome Consultant

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

My Consultant was excellent very through out and patient trying everything to resolve my issue.
If there is any complaint it would be in the waiting time to get to speak to an actual Consultant.
Overall a great outcome.

Customer Service was great, from the 3rd person I was put through to.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

The 3rd person I was put through to was great, very helpful and Australian. But it took two other people, and 2 other explanations of my issue and put on hold in between each person for more than 10 minutes. End result great, but a lot of trouble to get there.

Comments
MYOB Official

Hi Frustrated, great to hear that you have had your enquiry answered and the team member was very helpful. I’m sorry to hear that you had trouble getting to the appropriate team member. If you do h... read more »

Excellent Product - Use Remotely

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I recently got a book keeper & he knew all the right ways to use MYOB & I can now do things that I didn't know were actually possible.
Its a great product for a busy person especially using my.myob.

When I got put through to Georgia she was great

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

I got to be honest the wait time is disgusting!! I had to call 3 times & wait over 30mins every time. Totally unacceptable finally put through to someone who then said it was too technical for them so he put me through to again wait another 30mins - no message while you are waiting as to how much longer the wait would be. Got sick of waiting so rang back and thank god Georgia who was most apologetic, address my problem quickly with confidence and patience. For her I could not be happier but Myob your call waiting system really needs addressing or more staff to cope with your clients.

Comments
MYOB Official

Hi Jen, Thank you for your feedback. Really sorry to hear about the troubles you had with reaching us. With a fresh new batch of trained support team members joining our team you should soon start ... read more »

1 of 50 pages

hi i have question in bank register when close the payment in will deposit and withdraw again...one payment its showing two time debit and credit,,,wat is prblm ?

usha asked on Apr 03, 2017

Hi Usha
It does sound like you have set the Linked Account for Tracking Receivables to be the bank account rather than the Trade Debtors/Accounts Receivable account. You might want to want to take a look at the following post on the MYOB Community Forum which is similar case to what you are experiencing:
Steven

I am having trouble when I print invoices with the rate. ie. $55.00 will print as $6.35, for example everything remains correct, the totals are right, the Tax etc is correct, it just the rates that change??

Greg asked on Jan 09, 2017

Hi Greg
I would recommend going to Setup>>Customise Form>>Invoices>>Selecting the layout and form before selecting Customise. This will show you the customise form i.e. the way in which it is printed/emailed you can then ensure that you have correct fields listed for your requirements. Help Article: Personalising forms ( http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/7YBW ) would be able to assist with that process in more detail.
If you do require further assistance with producing your invoices or have further enquires you more than welcome to post on the MYOB Community Forum http://community.myob.com/ I’m sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.
Steven

We are a small cafe, run under a partnership structure. While most of our suppliers are paid either via cheque or bank transfer there are a couple who we pay with cash from the til. Our accountant has recommended acccount right basics for us, but I have read a customer review which states there is no way to record this type of transaction. Could someone please confirm or deny this?

Elise Turnedge asked on Aug 07, 2016

Answer this

Hi Elise, Thank you for your enquiry. AccountRight Basics, can work for you if you're happy to record these payments as Banking transactions rather than as Purchases. Our higher level products have a dedicated Purchases module that allow you to record an Order or Bill against a Supplier Card and take payment at a later date. However, AccountRight Basics does not have a Purchases module. So you could record these transactions as Spend Money transactions in our Banking module. In doing so you'd be recording an amount being taken out of your chosen account (in this case may be a petty cash / till account) and your chosen expense account being increased by that amount. I've included here a link to our products comparison page. - http://myob.com.au/business/compare-online-accounting-software-1435723362064?intcid=prdcpg-true
I recommend downloading the free trial of AccountRight Basics to have a play and get a feel for the software. If you have any queries at all or would like help with making the most of the software, please visit our Community Forum - Community.myob.com. We're always happy to assist.
Regards,
Suja
MYOB Social Support

I think that sort of transaction is easy to do. Your till taking would go into the undeposited funds account and you would do a transaction for the cash payments to your supplier out of that account.

Hi Elise,
as the two earlier answers have said, the type of transaction you're talking about is easy to do, and would be do-able in any version of MYOB. I would absolutely recommend running the free trial of the software (available on the MYOB site) and seeing which one you like.
Two things that I think you have to look at when deciding which version to use are:
1) Payroll: if you have employees (other then the business partners), then Accountsright Basic wouldn't work for you as it has no payroll module
2) Creditors: As Suja said above, Accountsright Basic has no purchases module, so it's really only for businesses who run on a cash basis. If you're not sure if you are a cash business (given your industry you likely are), you can check what basis you lodge GST on, or you could look at your Balance Sheet for last year and see if you have a Creditors amount reported on it. If your GST is on the accruals basis, or if you have creditors, then Accountsright Plus would be a better option.