5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I was very impressed with Tana on the MYOB Support web chat. We had an issue with our MYOB licences due to our company restructure. He was very good and made the process very smooth, knew his stuff and solved the problem quickly.

Considerate ,patient ,supportive help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I had to interrupt my technical query because a client arrived but JEss was excellent and I Will be ringing her back to ask for her help.

What I thought would be a big problem, was so simple!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

My laptop was on the way out and I didn't know how I was going to transfer MYOB to my new one. I thought this would be a big problem. But after verifying my details the consultant sent me a link, talked me through it and it was done. Glad that backup is there when I need it.

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 26, 2017

I was very happy with the service provided by Jaydon. He was able to help me find a myob file that a Mac specialist couldn't. I am very grateful for his expertise. He has saved me a lot of time by not having to reenter data. Excellent service!!

Call Center Help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Spoke to Amylee yesterday about an incorrect entry which we needed to change after reconciling the monthly accounts. She was very friendly and helpful, and what I thought would be quite a difficult problem was quickly resolved.

Thought I lost everything!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

My computer crashed, and I thought I had lost everything because I didn't have a back up! But Helen SAVED my life and my business. I am so grateful. Not enough stars or words could express that!

Thank you!

Excellent Support Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Spoke with Dylan who I found to very friendly and helpful and as I commented to him "he spoke to me as if I DID have a brain cell" so again thank you Dylan for your wonderful service - problem now resolved

Brillant Back Up Support Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

I had to phone MYOB Payroll Support the other day. A very pleasant, patient Member of the Support Team talked me through step by step to achieve the outcome I was seeking.
Thank you to MYOB's wonderful Support Team.

Wonderul Support Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Georgia was very friendly, professional and well skilled with helping me with my problem which was resolved so thank you very much.

Support Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

Zoe was very good and patient when explaining what I had to do and where on my computer I had to go to solve my problem with the latest payroll upgrade.

LEARNING - NEW CLIENT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

I am a new client and needed to get an accurate overview of how your system worked. Jason was extremely helpful, so much appreciated thank you!

Great support service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 23, 2017

The lady who helped me with my technical issue went above and beyond to resolve it. I couldn't be happier.

1 of 39 pages

I am having trouble when I print invoices with the rate. ie. $55.00 will print as $6.35, for example everything remains correct, the totals are right, the Tax etc is correct, it just the rates that change??

Greg asked on Jan 09, 2017

Answer this

Hi Greg
I would recommend going to Setup>>Customise Form>>Invoices>>Selecting the layout and form before selecting Customise. This will show you the customise form i.e. the way in which it is printed/emailed you can then ensure that you have correct fields listed for your requirements. Help Article: Personalising forms ( http://help.myob.com/wiki/x/7YBW ) would be able to assist with that process in more detail.
If you do require further assistance with producing your invoices or have further enquires you more than welcome to post on the MYOB Community Forum http://community.myob.com/ I’m sure the MYOB Community would be happy to assist.
Steven

We are a small cafe, run under a partnership structure. While most of our suppliers are paid either via cheque or bank transfer there are a couple who we pay with cash from the til. Our accountant has recommended acccount right basics for us, but I have read a customer review which states there is no way to record this type of transaction. Could someone please confirm or deny this?

Elise Turnedge asked on Aug 07, 2016

Answer this

Hi Elise, Thank you for your enquiry. AccountRight Basics, can work for you if you're happy to record these payments as Banking transactions rather than as Purchases. Our higher level products have a dedicated Purchases module that allow you to record an Order or Bill against a Supplier Card and take payment at a later date. However, AccountRight Basics does not have a Purchases module. So you could record these transactions as Spend Money transactions in our Banking module. In doing so you'd be recording an amount being taken out of your chosen account (in this case may be a petty cash / till account) and your chosen expense account being increased by that amount. I've included here a link to our products comparison page. - http://myob.com.au/business/compare-online-accounting-software-1435723362064?intcid=prdcpg-true
I recommend downloading the free trial of AccountRight Basics to have a play and get a feel for the software. If you have any queries at all or would like help with making the most of the software, please visit our Community Forum - Community.myob.com. We're always happy to assist.
Regards,
Suja
MYOB Social Support

I think that sort of transaction is easy to do. Your till taking would go into the undeposited funds account and you would do a transaction for the cash payments to your supplier out of that account.

Hi Elise,
as the two earlier answers have said, the type of transaction you're talking about is easy to do, and would be do-able in any version of MYOB. I would absolutely recommend running the free trial of the software (available on the MYOB site) and seeing which one you like.
Two things that I think you have to look at when deciding which version to use are:
1) Payroll: if you have employees (other then the business partners), then Accountsright Basic wouldn't work for you as it has no payroll module
2) Creditors: As Suja said above, Accountsright Basic has no purchases module, so it's really only for businesses who run on a cash basis. If you're not sure if you are a cash business (given your industry you likely are), you can check what basis you lodge GST on, or you could look at your Balance Sheet for last year and see if you have a Creditors amount reported on it. If your GST is on the accruals basis, or if you have creditors, then Accountsright Plus would be a better option.