Private message

better off going somewhere else

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

I have not received my local business staff discount at artamon nrma which I was promised and this was the only reason why I went with them. My bill being over $1000 I was depending on the discount.
It just seems like staff members do not communicate very well with each other.

They nearly gave me the wrong set of keys as well!

I will let my colleagues know that this has happened that local stuff discount does not apply all the time!

• 1 comment
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Incompetent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

My Corolla was sent to NRMA Motorserve Campbelltown to replace the fuel pump. They replaced the whole assembly rather than the fuel pump to save time but the cost was for the whole assembly. Re-assembly was poor, fuel leaking and fuel gauge not working. On return they managed to stop the fuel leaking but the gauge now reads randomly. My local mechanic charges less has removed this assembly a few times to replace the fuel pump with no issues. This is a basic job that couldn't be done without stuff ups and breakages. Don't go near them.

Sydney, Australia

• 1 question
Private message

Warning NRMA Motor Service Rip Off.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I am a NRMA Gold plus member having been with them since I was 17yo with all my insurances with NRMA.I bought a new Suzuki Alto a few years ago,but when Rockdale Suzuki closed,I began taking my car to NRMA West Botany St,Rockdale, My car is a few years old but had only travelled under 3000 klms ,having only been serviced there,when the battery needed to be changed,which was done by NRMA road service......The guy told me as the ABS & ESP lights stayed on & the radio couldnt be tuned,to take it around to the service centre for them to reset the codes....They had my car for 1 day & informed me that they could not clear the codes & had now managed to have the TCCS warning lights also...They informed me that I would need an ABS Brake Pump,& if they could source a 2nd hand one,I would be looking at $2,400 to $3000 to repair my car with this very low mileage.....This did not seem to feasable....My nephew phoned them saying in his words " this doesnt pass the sniff test"..The manager told me it would not pass for registration unless these repairs were carried out & they were going to put a 2nd brake pump in my car!....I contacted Suzuki in Melbourne & they instructed me to take my car to a Suzuki Dealership,which I did this week. I took the car to Tynans Suzuki at Kirrawee....The total cost of repair $80.85c....All that was needed was to recalibrate the sensors on the computer..All warning lights cleared,car....Nothing wrong with the brakes.....NRMA should be held accountable,if this is the way they operate,what faith can you have in them.

NED KELLY is STILL ALIVE and RUNs NRMA MOTORSERVE

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

WARNING WARNING DO NOT USE NRMA MOTORSERVICE
Sucked in by the standard service it was cheap at $160 and we all trust the NRMA?
Told repairs required to the value of $3,500
Got a second quote from my local mechanic ALL up $131
Total rip off, I have been a member for 50 years never go their again, its all gone down hill since it was privatised.
Tell all your contacts lets put them out of business

Private message

Shonky! what a rip stay away.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I got the run around before extracting a quote for replacement of 2 engine mounts.
The job is quoted by them to be 2 and 1/2 hrs labour and parts (Two engine mounts $180).
The total $800 quoted. Should be no more than $400 tops. I got the job done elsewhere for $308 total.
Dont use these shonky guys. And reception was rude also.

3 visits, $640 later and still making original grinding noise

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I will try to keep this factual but my god am I disappointed with NRMA Motor Serve in Artarmon. These are the events in order:

1. Checked car in for routine logbook service ($250 approx.)
2. Noticed car was making creaking noises when breaking a week later that I didn't notice before servicing (this could be coincidence)
3. They told me it was drive chain and linch pin related which costs me another $640 to repair
4. Car is still making original creaking noise and on top or it an added very loud grinding noise from wheels
5. Take car bac
k and find out they installed a faulty linch pin and needs to be replaced (another day without my car)
6. No grinding noise now but care is still making the original creaking noise when breaking!!!
7. Called numerous times to talk with managed who always happen to be out of office, or left early, or out on call and will "call me back". Never a call back. Absolutely seamless, no one even apologies or took ownership of faults.

I feel cheated and robbed. Over $800 spent and still stuck with the same original noise I took my car in for and apparently have some problem I never mentioned or noticed fixed which made no difference in performance or handling but made a huge difference to my wallet.

If it's 0 star choice, will go with it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

NRMA Padstow - Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Disgraceful! I just had an incident where my tyres were assessed less than six months by them from having lots of capacity to as illegal and unsafe to leave the shop without having the new tyres purchased. Tyres were intentionally inflated from market value to take full advantage of the situation.
Been using these guys for years - obviously, they are like any other operate. Your nrma membership is meaningless to these people.

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

NRMA Motorserve (Hornsby) ... tough negotiations!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Update, After a week of sitting in the yard, more than a week was taken sourcing spare parts, and sourcing extra spare parts to replace the incorrect spare parts received in the first instance. We ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

NRMA stands for No Real Mechanic Available

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Nrma Campbelltown the worst mechanic I have ever been to. Car went in for a service came out needing $3000 worth of repairs, costed me $1200 for timing belt and water pump to get fixed came out needing whole new power steering. The power steering wasn't a problem when car went in for repairs of timing belt but came
Out making loud noise then told oh sorry now you need your power steering done! Hopeless mechanics. Total rip off. Never ever go there again. I thought NRMA was trusted? Unless they are a franchise business making money of a good name! Not sure what's the go! Worst mechanic ever!

Canberra

Private message

NRMA run by robots - no client service, no loyalty, no confidence

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

You won't know how good or bad an insurance company is until you have an issue/claim as otherwise they'll happily take your money.

I got my first and only claim (due to a car accident) after 11 years with NRMA and found out how horrible they are at all levels. Basically they just don't care and won't do the right thing even for a loyal customer. I'm now cancelling all of my policies with them (car, home & content, roadside assistance). I will never go with them ever again.

Brisbane

• 3 comments
Private message

Hopeless..... and to a young female driver !!! Pathetic. Less than one star !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

My 19 step daughter went to these guys (majura ACT)...three times now unfortunately. I complained after the first time (when she was 17) about them leaving the transmission dipstick out. Nil action. The latest visit for a general service they explain nothing to her after giving her a list of recommended things that have to be done (some very doubtful)...... to a 19 year old that is obviously inexperienced .... absolutely pathetic ! Seriously, avoid this place.

1 of 5 pages