If it's 0 star choice, will go with it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

• 1 helpful vote

NRMA Padstow - Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Disgraceful! I just had an incident where my tyres were assessed less than six months by them from having lots of capacity to as illegal and unsafe to leave the shop without having the new tyres purchased. Tyres were intentionally inflated from market value to take full advantage of the situation.
Been using these guys for years - obviously, they are like any other operate. Your nrma membership is meaningless to these people.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
Private message

NRMA Motorserve (Hornsby) ... tough negotiations!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

Comments

Update, After a week of sitting in the yard, more than a week was taken sourcing spare parts, and sourcing extra spare parts to replace the incorrect spare parts received in the first instance. We ... read more »

NRMA stands for No Real Mechanic Available

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Nrma Campbelltown the worst mechanic I have ever been to. Car went in for a service came out needing $3000 worth of repairs, costed me $1200 for timing belt and water pump to get fixed came out needing whole new power steering. The power steering wasn't a problem when car went in for repairs of timing belt but came
Out making loud noise then told oh sorry now you need your power steering done! Hopeless mechanics. Total rip off. Never ever go there again. I thought NRMA was trusted? Unless they are a franchise business making money of a good name! Not sure what's the go! Worst mechanic ever!

NRMA run by robots - no client service, no loyalty, no confidence

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

You won't know how good or bad an insurance company is until you have an issue/claim as otherwise they'll happily take your money.

I got my first and only claim (due to a car accident) after 11 years with NRMA and found out how horrible they are at all levels. Basically they just don't care and won't do the right thing even for a loyal customer. I'm now cancelling all of my policies with them (car, home & content, roadside assistance). I will never go with them ever again.

Brisbane

• 3 comments
Private message

Hopeless..... and to a young female driver !!! Pathetic. Less than one star !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 08, 2017

My 19 step daughter went to these guys (majura ACT)...three times now unfortunately. I complained after the first time (when she was 17) about them leaving the transmission dipstick out. Nil action. The latest visit for a general service they explain nothing to her after giving her a list of recommended things that have to be done (some very doubtful)...... to a 19 year old that is obviously inexperienced .... absolutely pathetic ! Seriously, avoid this place.

Liverpool Branch- stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

Rude reception.
Shonky workmanship. After market over priced parts.
Mis diagnosis of faults. Playing guessing games with your money. No responsibility or warranty after you drive car out of workshop. Want more money for problems they cause. Still waiting for call from customer relations.

Incompetent fix for Mazda 6 fuel pump

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Fuel pump replaced by artarmon centre. Fill up tank to full next day,
but fuel gauge now reads empty!
Totally incompetent mechanical work by the service centre. Will never go back there again if it hadn't been towed there by the nrma towing service in the first place. The fuel gauge has never been faulty since new 13 years ago.

Overcharged for Repair - Disgraceful

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Been an NRMA member for 45 years and made the mistake of trusting the brand. Motorserve Caringbah charged approx $1000 more for a repair than it could have been done elsewhere. Went through the NRMA complaint process including providing written quotes from other repairers but they just fobbed me off with a load of rubbish. Lesson is don't use Motorserve and ring around to check prices before proceeding (hard to do when car is being towed I know).

$50 Fan or $2,000 Head Gasket?? -Your choice with NRMA MotorServe Artarmon

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

Dear MotorServe, NRMA members and the unsuspecting motoring public....

Last year my Ford Falcon, AU, Series III, was towed to MotorServe in Artarmon as suggested by the NRMA road patrol as a result of burst water pipes and overheating - I wish I'd never listened to that friendly patrolman's advice!!!

After 30plus years driving I used to trust the NRMA - not now and probably never again!!!

How can you sleep at night Team MotorServe Artarmon?? You are supposedly trained and experienced motor mechanics who misdiagnosed a simple overheatin
g engine as a Blown Head Gasket..., quoted the customer $2,000 in repair work, and then innocently leave it with the customer to find out himself that the real problem is nothing more than a $50 Fan replacement job that you totally failed to check was working - and it wasn't working!!

My car was in and out of your workshop numerous times over a period of many weeks, during which time whilst you charged me nearly $1,000..., you had ample time to diagnose the problem - instead you recommend expensive and unnecessary repair jobs, and the overheating problem would have still existed even if I'd let you proceed on the Head Gasket....; It's been another 50,000kms since I left your MotorServe office and had the fan replaced myself, and the car is still going well with absolutely no indication of overheating, no need for a new head gasket, or as your Manager suggested - scrap the car!!!

No apology from your Organization was given to me after I proved my point later that it was not the head gasket which was agreed by the Manager - And I also know now that the expensive mega-work you did on my vehicle at the time replacing all those parts was not all required; And that's why you're receiving this Open Letter now to the motoring public.

I would never ever recommend the NRMA's MotorServe workshops to anybody - shame on you MotorServe Artarmon for trying to cheat and mislead a loyal NRMA member.

I.C.

*******************************

Paid $270 & nothing done

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Put my car in for the essential service and said I needed it by 1pm (left it at 7:30am).. yes I asked them to check a few things out but they didn't do anything,. They rang me at 12:50pm to tell me what was wrong and do I want them to fix them. One of the issues they didn't even address. Said they couldn't hear it but its loud. The report said they checked the battery and it was ok yet yesterday I broke down as yes you guessed it my battery died. Not happy at all and don't ever want to go there again

Majura Park is disgraceful never go to it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

After taking our car there twice they didn't find anything wrong with it after it broke down. They are so rude and condescending on the phone. I won't go into details but please don't take your car to majura park i isn't worth the pain and expense.

1 of 5 pages