Review rating:

Verified Purchase

Nu-Eco Windows : Don't know how we lived without them!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

I recently had 14 windows and 3 doors replaced in uPVC by Nu Eco Windows and have to say that I am immensely pleased with the result.

I have to say I was a bit nervous as this is a major alteration to my family home.
However, having experienced this product while in Europe, I was convinced that it would massively improve my home; I was not let down.

I would like to offer a review of each step of the process...

PART 1 - Pricing:

If you are unfamiliar with this product, it is a bit more expensive than its alternatives. Not massively,
but more expensive. However, it is worth every penny.

Nu Eco were 1 of 3 companies who offered quotations.

One company advertise on the radio and offer a lengthy home visit as part of the sales package. The salesman offered a huge quote and then attempted to pressure a sign up signature on the night, using a ‘one time’ discount offer along with other under-hand techniques. They were immediately excluded from the process by me and my husband.

Of my other two quotes, Nu Eco and a third company both offered quotes without the pressure or unnecessary 2 hour home sales visit. These prices were similar and well below my first quote.

I opted for Nu Eco Windows based on how helpful the salesman was and the reviews the company has on the internet.

PART 2 – uPVC as a window product:

I was made aware of the fairly lengthy lead time required for the product to come from the UK. However, I had done some research and was put off locally produced uPVC products which are mechanically jointed (screwed together) rather than the welded uPVC profile that comes from the UK. The frames from the UK also have all glazing beads on the INSIDE making them more secure.

I also opted for the Laminate glass which I discovered would help reduce noise.

PART 3 - Trades Survey:

The installer came a few days after sign up and was fantastic. He made me feel completely at ease with his knowledge of the product and experience. He has been installing uPVC windows for more than 2 decades in Scotland.

He also suggested a few adjustments to my install explaining why they were more suited to my home (he was correct) and his changes actually reduced the quote.

PART 4 - Installation:

The same Scottish tradesman came to visit and carried out the install with his apprentice.

The process was so efficient and the guys made it look effortless.

The end product is even better than I had hoped for.

Genuine elite tradesmen!

Benefits:

NOISE: I tested my old timber windows against the new uPVC ones for noise and noted a 17 Db reduction in the traffic noise. Brilliant result. (Simple iPhone app)

HEAT: I also now use my air conditioning for less than 2 hours on a very hot day, this in place of it running constantly.

SECURITY: My new windows have brilliant multiple locking points making them very secure. The laminate glass is also more secure than the standard toughened or float glass in most Australian homes.

MAINTENANCE: No more painting window sashes and frames!

Woo Hoo!!

A simple 3 monthly spray with the silicone spray recommended by Nu Eco (10 minutes) and I’m done.

LOOKS: My new windows are absolutely beautiful.

Thank you Nu Eco Windows.

...and please teach your installers to either sing better, or work quietly LOL.

Nu-Eco. Cannot fault the Product, the Company nor the People

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2016

I cannot speak highly enough about the whole company.

We decided in 2013 to replace timber French windows and a window with uPVC double glazed bi-fold doors. Having lived for a while in the UK we knew what we wanted. We contacted a number of companies including Nu-Eco and were impressed immediately with Russell's knowledge and professional approach in quoting and drawing up the sales contract. There was no pressure or sales gimmick on the day trying to get us to sign up immediately like some of the others and we were able to have questions a
nswered and visited their showroom to see similar doors in situ.

A year later we were so pleased with the doors that we decided to replace all 5 windows and a sliding door in our Family room area. While the installation went well we noticed that every pane had a smear inside the glass. While this was a fault of the glass manufacturer Nu-Eco were only too keen to replace each pane. Unfortunately we had to do this another couple of times until we agreed that each pane was perfect. I say all this because firstly I know that they now no longer use that glass manufacturer and secondly because their after sales support is second to none and they bend over backwards to ensure that the product is right and the customer is satisfied.

Last year, 2015, because we were so pleased with the windows and because we'd had no draughts in our Family room during winter we decided to replace every other window in the house - all 24 in total. The installation went without a hitch and while it was lovely in the summer to be able to open our windows (we'd never been able to do this before because the old timber ones had warped shut) we are now feeling the real benefit in winter with no draughts and a noticeable reduction in our use of central heating.

We also cannot speak too highly about the installers. The two Andys are a credit to the company with their professionalism, attention to detail, promptness, friendliness and willingness to ensure that everything is just right before they're finished. And on top of that I learned to speak Scottish!

We can highly recommend Nu-Eco and are more than willing to act as a reference through them if required.

Excellent company, people and product

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2016

We are extremely happy with the product and work provided by Nu-Eco. I had researched similar products and settled on Nu-Eco because of their high standards and our easy relationship with them. We felt that the company was here to help us, not themselves.

The product is high quality and performs as stated. Great people to deal with especially Russell the person who quoted, worked and communicated with us and Richard who installed the doors.

My wife and I noticed a dramatic change for the better with heating and cooling of our house and
we felt more secure because of the door strength, locks and laminated glass we specified.

Russell was easy to talk to and always got back to us when we had questions.

When installation occurred Richard was careful and ensured the job was accurate in levels for the doors. The completed job looks great. The cleanup was part of the job and no mess left which was an added bonus. Richard is a true professional.

Russell and Richard are great assets for Nu-Eco.

Security supplied by these doors is also appreciated. A very professional company, people and product. John

great product and fantastic staff.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2016

I did my research before choosing nu-eco. I was very impressed with Russell's responsiveness and the price was very competitive. The installation went really smoothly. The guys were fantastic. Informative, efficient and left the place clean at the end of each day. I love the final product too.

Fantastic quality, excellent service and installation process!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

We are very happy with our new windows/doors and the whole process from start to finish! Knowledgeable advice, easy quotation process without pressure to sign on the day and efficient installation. The whole team is friendly with a very high standard of customer service and fantastic communication. The installation team takes care to protect furniture/floors, double checks everything and clean up after each day. Overall very professional!

The windows/doors look great and we can already feel the difference in keeping our house cooler in summer and warmer in winter. The traffic noise reduction is amazing too. Operating the windows and doors is smooth and easy with fantastic seals and locks.

We highly recommend Nu Eco!

Great service!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Our new windows look great! Finally, noise free apartment! The installers were very professional & friendly as well! and cleaned after them. Windows were installed within the time frame we were told they would (1-3days until completely done). Reasonable price compared to other companies. Would deff. recommend Nu Eco and use their service again if needed!!!

Great Quality and Reliable Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2016

Windows have surpassed our expectations. Fantastic service. The installers were on time efficient and cleaned up after themselves. The windows look great, very secure and the Upvc frame with double glazed glass perform well keeping our house cool and the traffic noise has been dramatically reduced.

Great Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2016

Nu-Eco double glazed windows and door, have been a godsend for my apartment.

They look smart, have a dramatic impact on noise and heating and cooling, the team at Nu-Eco were helpful and always willing to go the extra mile with customer service.

Highly recommended.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Good product, good installers, good company, good outcome

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 27, 2016

Excellent. The one word I would use to describe the experience of using Nu-Eco. Every step of the process was excellent. Russell was most professional and knowledgeable with providing the quotation and answering questions. Andy and andy the installers were top notch. The double glazed window has performed as advertised. You need not look further than Nu-Eco for quality windows and a professional job well done.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Just wonderful service throughout.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2015

We decided to replace our existing windows and front door because they were letting too much noise and draft into our unit. We looked at a number of companies and Nu-Eco stood out because of their pricing and patience in explaining their products. The double-glazed windows have made such a difference to the quality of life in terms of noise reduction and insulation. The front composite door with stained glass is a beautiful addition and feels much more solid than our previous door. we strongly recommend them.

Windows are amazing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2015

I have just had all my windows and doors replaced I chose PVC as wood is high maintenance and aluminium conducts. I had an excellent quote a great product and an extremely competent and as painless as possible installation. The team is both efficient and helpful and the product is very high quality

1 of 2 pages