Verified Purchase Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Best Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

Oakford Homes provides premium services with an average price tag.
First, their new home consultant at Blackwood Park, she is one of the best consultant I have ever met, she is so knowledgeable and patient, you will definitely not feel any pressure to sign a contract with her, she always keep you communicated, even after you have signed contract, that’s so different from other consultants, they do not bother to give you a call after get your deposit.
Secondly, I strongly recommend their supervisor, he checks your site every week, and return y
our calls promptly, it does not matter whether it is an issue or an improvement you wish to have, he will try his best to help you out, I have built with quite a few other builders before, the only time I met my supervisors is the time they hand over the keys. It is really a pleasure to work with him along the way.
The build quality of the house was very good with excellent attention to detailing and finishing. You do have to go through quite a few places to finish color selection, but my color selection assistant guided me through the whole process, she presented you all different options and also gave you the best recommendation, I called her many times during the selection, she always answers your calls and takes time out to see you and help you.
I strongly recommend Oakford Homes, and I have been doing so since they have built my home.

Verified Purchase

Great customer service and a good overall experince

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2016

Oakford Homes provided a hassle free and good experience with the build of the house. Being a first house build, all our questions and enquiries were responded to promptly throughout the planning and building phase. We found them to be a very honest and fair priced builder especially for a custom design home with predetermined appliances and fixtures.

The build quality of the house was very good with excellent attention to detailing and finishing. All the selection processes was very inviting and open ended with transparent price variation.
The quality of all the internal fixtures including the cabinetry through Aldon Cabinet makers, doors and toilet fixtures were excellent and thoughtful in terms of placement and future maintenance (without our input as we didn't pay that much attention to detail, Eg: at what height the towel rails were put on or the tiling between the bath and the wall to be raised so it can be accessed for cleaning). Although, they have a 3 month post-handover maintenance, some urgent fixes/additions were carried out as soon as notified (same day in our case).

The building supervisor along with the administration staff and the contractors were a pleasure to work and second to none, even with last minute changes to the build and post handover fixes.

Oakford Homes definitely demonstrated the upside of building our own house with an absolutely stress free process and just great customer service. Would happily use the builder for a second build.

McCracken

A great experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 03, 2016

We purchased a block of land with a small slope and we required a builder that was experienced, that's why we chose Oakford Homes. A very high standard of finish throughout the build, from the planning process, concrete slab, right through to tiling, painting and fixtures and fittings. The build was managed by a very competent supervisor. Everything very organised during selection process, with backup available if required.
A building company that is very organised and the service and support was very much appreciated. They made building a pleasure.

Extremely happy with our Custom Home built by Oakford Homes

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2016

Our experience with Oakford Homes has been exemplary, they truly are the quintessential building company in South Australia.

Stacy and I purchased a block with a troubling slope and needed a building company with practical knowledge and experience to help us with our project. We customised our house to the block; minimising soil removal and retaining walls, while maximising the size of the house and using the natural features and view to our advantage. We took these basic drawings to an Oakford display centre and two very competent sales wom
en discussed in detail with us the experience Oakford have building custom homes, answering all questions and concerns we had. With this in mind, we signed with confidence to start the build as it fell into our tight budget.

Our experience from those first few meetings didn't change, we then went on to meet Oakford Homes management and selections staff. We had an initial struggle with council to get the house approved as council wanted the house to be lowered another .7 meters. It doesn't sound like much however, the combination of slope and rock meant it was another budget breaker. Oakford Homes worked tirelessly with us to get the house approved at the original level and on its way (thank you).

Oakford Homes was very helpful and contactable with any changes or selections issues and made the whole selection process a breeze.

Throughout the whole process Oakford Homes quoted fairly and there was at no stage any horrible surprises. I found this to be a great stress reliever and from my opinion as a customer it was excellent! We had found a quality company that was affordable, honest and reliable.

The house then went into construction and we met our site supervisor. From here, things didn't change. Watching the house go up was AMAZING. The thought and engineering that went into making the basic house plan we designed was second to none. Being an under croft with the garage dug into the slope and living areas on top, this required significant cut and fill and a custom specialised suspended slab floor/roof over the garage. The structure and footings were amazingly complex with pillars and reinforcement, all woven together into a super solid structure. I take my hat off to the Oakford Homes engineer - very impressed!! I'm sure the foundations would survive a nuclear blast. The brick work is beautiful and no short cuts were taken. Our new neighbours remarked on how fussy the brick layer was - if he wasn't happy he would redo it and as a result the brick work looks absolutely fantastic.

The internal fit out with the kitchen and cupboard's was very easy on the eye, with smooth, neat work which is extremely well finished. The tile work is extremely neat, the painting is tidy, we love the beautiful wooden look stairs and the list goes on! The home is extremely hard to fault - not that I didn't try as I'm extremely fussy and can be pedantic at times.

Oakford Homes were very fair, honest and transparent with any queries or issues we had, and we were satisfied with every outcome. I honestly can't believe how good they were to us, I believe this characteristic is unique for the building industry and they really do need credit for it. Oakford Homes really do care about their customers and we are proof of that.

In summary, the overall experience with Oakford Homes, from start to finish, from lower to upper management was excellent and absolutely second to none, they are affordable, honest, fair, reliable and produce a quality product that my wife and I are very very very happy with. If you are thinking of building a home, I highly recommend Oakford Homes.

Thank you to all the staff that helped us with this project, for putting up with us and most importantly, for building our amazing new home!

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Hi Daniel and Stacy, we couldn't be happier to hear your feedback on building with us!

It was a pleasure working with you both and we wish you all the best in your beautiful new home.

All the best,

Adelaide

• 1 comment

Verified Purchase

Their finish quality was bad.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2016

Their paint finish was terrible. Paint runs and spatter from the paint spraying causing rough surface finish. Some areas looked like it had only one coat. Spent the week sanding all the skirting and cleaning paint specks off the door handles and chrome balustrade. They should not have accepted a poor paint job like what we got.
On the plus side the cabinetry was excellent. [name removed] did a great job and their process was fantastic.

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Dear Tommy, We’re sorry to hear you’re not happy with the quality of finish on your new home. We take quality very seriously, and make every effort to ensure the finish of our homes is of an high ... read more »

Oakford home are true to their commitment to provide customer satisfaction and quality . After meeting with the general manager, construction manager and site supervisor to check all quality conce... read more »

Golden Grove Village, SA

Happy with Oakford

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

We built two investment homes with Oakford. They were a pleasure to deal with from sales, estimating, selections and during construction. We were very happy with the quality of the workmanship and the site manager was easy to contact and responded to any issues promptly. We have built before and this was a much more pleasurable experience and we would use them again.

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Thanks Jo L! We're glad you found all of the various stages of building a home with us a smooth and easy process.

We hope to build again with you in the future!

Many thanks,

Happy With Oakford

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 11, 2016

My wife and I can thoroughly recommend this builder. The sales consultant was very helpful during the design phase. The selection process was seamless with a lot of advice given on color, design.
We were impressed with the quality of the Oakford’s standard fittings. We only had to make a few upgrades.
We were on site during most of the build and were impressed with the quality of workmanship.
In particular we were impressed with the building supervisor for his attention to detail as well as his willingness to keep us up to date with all aspects of the build. True to their word the few things that needed attending to after the build were completed to our satisfaction.

Comments
Oakford Homes Official

Thanks for your positive recommendation Peter! We take quality very seriously, so it's great to hear that this is evident in your new home.

Enjoy!

Verified Purchase

Fantastic builder – smooth and easy process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 28, 2016

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Extremely Happy and would Highly Recommend.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 05, 2015

Oakford Homes were a pleasure to deal with from the moment we called for a quote on our existing plans. They were prompt to attend and we signed with as soon as we could after being very satisfied with their price and value for money they offered. Having built several times previously this is by far the best experience I have had and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to build.
They maintained a clean work site and progressed the build at a fast rate to finish, from signing the contract to moving in, within 8 months, without comp
romising on the build quality. In fact on the final inspection there were no items that required attention or fixing. The Supervisor was a pleasure to deal with and was easily contactable and returned calls promptly.
I would highly recommend building with Oakford and when I get the opportunity will certainly engage them for the next build. Cannot speak highly enough of the entire process.

Adelaide, South Australia

Very Satisfied Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2015

Oakford homes provided excellent customer service prior to purchasing our home,the home was built with quality, nothing was too much trouble if we had any queries, our experience with Oakford Homes was excellent, after build customer service was exceptional, I would recommend this company with my personal experience being exceptional, I was impressed with the site manager whom was easy to contact and was more than happy to help with any queries.

Encounter Bay

• 2 helpful votes

Can't praise enough

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2014

We moved into our new home in March this year. The whole building process was stress free. From sales through to selections and site supervision all Oakford Homes staff were excellent to deal with. It is the best experience building a house we have ever had.

We really can't praise Oakford enough and certainly can't pick a fault. If we were ever to build again we wouldn't hesitate to build with Oakford Homes and we are very happy to recommend them to others.

Oakford were just fabulous and we have a lovely home.

+ Staff were excellent and helpful and very responsive to our requests

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Encounter Bay

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2014

We are building with Oakford at the moment, and are extremely pleased with the progress. Tradies are there every day doing something new. The advice and help we have had from [name removed] has been immeasurable. The service from the administration staff has been wonderful. Nothing has been too much bother. [name removed], the project manager, is always on the ball to discuss any changes etc. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the building and the happy, friendly service along the way. Thank you.

+ Service, quality, efficiency.

1 of 3 pages

We have an old 1963 home on a quarter acre block of land. We want to subdivide off the back of the garden and build a small 3 bedroom courtyard home there while living in the old house. When it's finished we want to move into this new house and sell off the old house which we would renovate in the meantime. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has done this. Is Oakford homes the way to go or is another builder more experienced in this type of development and are not problem makers but problem solvers.

WantToBuildAHome asked on Jun 09, 2016

First time home builders and we are looking into Oakford homes but the quotes we are getting seem to be a lot cheaper than other companies which seems to worry me slightly. I was wondering if anyone has built with them and could give a rough idea of how much the final cost was compared to the starting quote? we are not looking for fancy high class products as we are young and would rather build within budget and upgrade latter where possible. Any help or advice would be very welcome. Thanks

mvanderw asked on Jul 06, 2015

Answer this

I wouldn't be too concerned with the price. We found oakford to be exceptional value and having built before understood all the different specs. They're specs are in most cases better than the others for a lot less. I'm not sure why, maybe ask them, but I suspect their margins are smaller and therefore you save.
The quality wasn't compromised either.
I think you will find building with them and very easy process.

Who did you end up building with? And what was your experience like?